PDA

View Full Version : Vicious Billet speaker covers are bitchen!

Spokane Dan
05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Recieved and installed my polished billet speaker covers from Vicious Billet.The polish job is outstanding.They were packaged very well.Best of all they were less than half of any other companys price.

SummitKarl
05-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Recieved and installed my polished billet speaker covers from Vicious Billet.The polish job is outstanding.They were packaged very well.Best of all they were less than half of any other companys price.
yes they are I got a first hand look at them,
VIB was very kind and donated a pair of the 6.5" flames to our charity fund raiser last week.
I would have to say this is the kind of company, that just makes you want to do Biz with them :)

Risky Business
05-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I am inthe market for some new grilles............ Could you post a website or phone number?
Thanks

SummitKarl
05-08-2006, 05:10 PM
www.ViciousBillet.com

ViB
05-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Website or phone number....nah we're going to stay hidden...ssshhh, its a secret!
Thank you for the kind words, and to SummitKarl for going through the effort for Mike!!!
Livorsi marine currently carries the covers and I believe that Rex Marine will also have them available in a range of colors in stock within a week or so....
Sincerely,
Stuart
Vicious Billet

Spokane Dan
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
You can also find them on Ebay.I punched in "billet speaker covers" for a search and found them.You can make an offer or deal direct with Stuart and save some bucks.Stuart is a good guy to deal with and if you buy enough covers he might throw in free shipping.I bought 8-6.5 in. and 4-10 in.covers for a little less than the suggested retail price and got free shipping.
Dan

Magic34
05-08-2006, 09:50 PM
You can also find them on Ebay.I punched in "billet speaker covers" for a search and found them.You can make an offer or deal direct with Stuart and save some bucks.Stuart is a good guy to deal with and if you buy enough covers he might throw in free shipping.I bought 8-6.5 in. and 4-10 in.covers for a little less than the suggested retail price and got free shipping.
Dan
Ummm, cool giving him props, but you might want to chill on the "hey, buy a bunch and you can go backdoor and not use the dealers." Maybe his dealers wont get pissed, but at least one of the ones you listed is on this site.

HOLLYWOOD
05-09-2006, 06:38 AM
www.xaudiocovers.com
Have a great day!!

gmocnik
05-09-2006, 06:50 AM
why the big discrepancy in pricing on a piece of hogged out aluminum???
for the same polished piece of metel, company A is almost 2x the price of company B.
any "functional" differences???

Not So Fast
05-09-2006, 07:00 AM
for the same polished piece of metel, company A is almost 2x the price of company B.
Exactly what I was thinking :idea: NSF

Jyruiz
05-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Don't you just love competition. :)

ViB
05-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Just to bring up a quick point and clarification. Thank you Dan for the props, however I must respectfully request that ALL sales go thru our dealers.
As Magic pointed out, since Rex is considering selling the covers, and will be stocking them in a multitude of colors, It will be faster, and better for everyone to purchase thru him.
That leaves us free to create new designs, advertise appropriately, and focus on servicing our dealers.

RiverDave
05-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Hogged out being the key word there.. Some are actual "BILLET" speaker covers.. That being said if their hogging them out of a solid there' going to be mucho dinero to produce and sell..
Others are "stamped" covers, which means they take a sheet of aluminum, and press it in a tool to form a predetermined shape. Now that they have a blank, all they have to do is cut a pattern into the front of it and there done. They are calling them "billet" but they are not (in most cases).
I don't want to discredit the guys stamping though. If I was getting into the speaker cover biz, it's THE ONLY way I would go. Cutting those things from stock is not cost prohibitive, nor is it necesarry. It's a speaker cover, there's no functional reason (that I can think of) for it to need the added strength of a true billet part.
RD

Magic34
05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Hogged out being the key word there.. Some are actual "BILLET" speaker covers.. That being said if their hogging them out of a solid there' going to be mucho dinero to produce and sell..
Others are "stamped" covers, which means they take a sheet of aluminum, and press it in a tool to form a predetermined shape. Now that they have a blank, all they have to do is cut a pattern into the front of it and there done. They are calling them "billet" but they are not (in most cases).
I don't want to discredit the guys stamping though. If I was getting into the speaker cover biz, it's THE ONLY way I would go. Cutting those things from stock is not cost prohibitive, nor is it necesarry. It's a speaker cover, there's no functional reason (that I can think of) for it to need the added strength of a true billet part.
RD
Billet biz sux!!! I'm still paying for my speaker covers.

RiverDave
05-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Billet biz sux!!! I'm still paying for my speaker covers.
Your telling me.. I'm broke as a joke becuase of the Billet Biz.. LOL It's gonna take me 1/2 the summer to recover from that deal.
RD

Magic34
05-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Your telling me.. I'm broke as a joke becuase of the Billet Biz.. LOL It's gonna take me 1/2 the summer to recover from that deal.
RD
)(&#$)#@ @#@*_#@ #)R&(#$_@#@_*)% @#$#$ :220v: :mad:

Spokane Dan
05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Ummm, cool giving him props, but you might want to chill on the "hey, buy a bunch and you can go backdoor and not use the dealers." Maybe his dealers wont get pissed, but at least one of the ones you listed is on this site.
Sorry,dont want to piss anybody off.Did not realize there were exclusive dealers as I found these covers on Ebay.Just am very satisfied with a very good product at a fair price and thought I would pass on the info to others that said they were interested in another post.