PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Deciding On A New Custom Boat

Boat Dreamer
09-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I AM LOOKING AT YAMAHA AND SEA DOO. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A BOAT BEFORE, BUT THESE LOOK LIKE THEY ARE REAL FAST. THE DEALERS TELL ME THEY ARE CHANGING THEWAY THE BOATING INDUSTRY THINKS ABOUT BOATS AND THAT THEY ARE THE FUTURE OF BOATING. A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A CACHINGA (SP?) AND SAYS HE GETS BEAT ALL THE TIME BY THESE NEW JET BOATS. SEA DOO HAS 100% FINANCING THAT IS NICE AND THE SALES GUY SENT ME OVER TO FORD TO GET A TOW VEHICLE. CAN YOU JUMP THE WAKE IN THESE BOATS LIKE REGULAR SEA DOOS? I CANT WAIT TO GET ON THE WATER AND CRACK A FEW BREWSKIS AND LET THE WILD SIDE COME OUT AT LAKE HAVASCREW!! HA HA! ANY LADIES HERE WANT TO HELP DEVIRGINIZE MY NEW BOAT, IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE! SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS BETTER? YAMAHA OR SEA DOO?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
OH, LADIES, SEND YOUR PICS TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY. :crossx:

91nordic29
09-09-2005, 03:55 PM
you must have wandered in here by mistake. no seadoos allowed. :boxed:

91nordic29
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
PS.. who is trying to pull our proverbial legs? :messedup:

MOBrien
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
It's a pretty good disquise with the wording......can't pick out any consistencies to tell who you REALLY are..................... :idea:
Boat Dreamer = a.k.a.?????
Anyone got a guess???

Jordy
09-09-2005, 04:02 PM
If I were you I'd skip the Sea Doo and buy a Kachina instead. ;)
http://c3p0.sas.upenn.edu/albertm/images/ownd/capslock.gif
Caps make it seem like you're yelling. ;)
Jordy <----just trying to be helpful. :D

BarryMac
09-09-2005, 04:03 PM
If I were you I'd skip the Sea Doo and buy a Kachina instead. ;)
http://c3p0.sas.upenn.edu/albertm/images/ownd/capslock.gif
Caps make it seem like you're yelling. ;)
Jordy <----just trying to be helpful. :D
:idea: :idea: Is it??? :idea: :idea:

Jordy
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
That's a great point. You can't get hobbits, elves or dragons on a SeaDoo boat and, as we all know, those things drive the ladies wild. :D
You know, I'm really thinking about selling my boats and getting one. Think they could airbrush a picture of my ass on the side of it so when I went by it would look like I was mooning everyone??? :idea: :notam: :D
I'm torn between my bare ass and one with a thong or some shorts hiked up though. What do y'all think??? :D :D :D

JetBoatRich
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I AM LOOKING AT YAMAHA AND SEA DOO. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A BOAT BEFORE, BUT THESE LOOK LIKE THEY ARE REAL FAST. THE DEALERS TELL ME THEY ARE CHANGING THEWAY THE BOATING INDUSTRY THINKS ABOUT BOATS AND THAT THEY ARE THE FUTURE OF BOATING. A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A CACHINGA (SP?) AND SAYS HE GETS BEAT ALL THE TIME BY THESE NEW JET BOATS. SEA DOO HAS 100% FINANCING THAT IS NICE AND THE SALES GUY SENT ME OVER TO FORD TO GET A TOW VEHICLE. CAN YOU JUMP THE WAKE IN THESE BOATS LIKE REGULAR SEA DOOS? I CANT WAIT TO GET ON THE WATER AND CRACK A FEW BREWSKIS AND LET THE WILD SIDE COME OUT AT LAKE HAVASCREW!! HA HA! ANY LADIES HERE WANT TO HELP DEVIRGINIZE MY NEW BOAT, IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE! SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS BETTER? YAMAHA OR SEA DOO?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
OH, LADIES, SEND YOUR PICS TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY. :crossx:
LOL, like the creativity :rolleyes:

MOBrien
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't think it's anyone currently on the board. There's not a single misspelled word in that entire paragraph and it's not me. :D
heh heh, that's funny. don't know you, but you were my first guess. :messedup: :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Holy Moly! :supp:

Jordy
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Hell, I had a guy I've never met tell me he didn't like me this weekend, strictly from my posts. :D
Wow, I've heard of that happening, and it was based on posts that weren't even made by me (nice work HH and RD). I was pretty ok with it though because the guy was a total idiot. Not going to name any names but woof woof.

Kilrtoy
09-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Along those same lines try
COMMANDER
They add says
setting the industry standard....

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Lots of people don't like me...they seem to think that just because I'm a smartass here...that I'm a jerk in person. :confused:
Truth hurts. :D

Boat Dreamer
09-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry. I Did Not Know How To Spell Kachina. My Friend Just Called It That Because If All The Money He Spent On It. Some Guy In Corona Has Rebuilt The Motor 2 Times In 2 Years. So Sea Doos Are Not As Good? The Dealers Says The Engines Are Way More Dependable And Faster That The Other Boats That Use Car Engines. I Like The Way The Sea Doo Looks And They Have One On The Floor With The Roll Bar That I Really Like. My Girlfriend Likes The Yamaha. But I Am Thinking Replacement Model On The Girlfriend As Soon As I Hit The River.
Thanks Again For The Input. I Will Try Not To Get Too Married To The Look As I Want To Get The Best Custom Boat.

HocusPocus
09-09-2005, 04:17 PM
i have ridden in a 2005 sea doo speedster.. and they are alot of fun. i didn't get to drive it but i have never ridden in a boat that would turn so quick. it gets up from 0-40 in heartbeat and has plenty of storage.. lightweight and could be towed by just about anything. still, 30k seems a bit steep for one.

Jordy
09-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Lots of people don't like me...they seem to think that just because I'm a smartass here...that I'm a jerk in person. :confused:
Hey, being an angry midget with an attitude is understandable. I'll still hang out with you because I don't judge others based upon height, but rather intellect. ;) :D

RiverOtter
09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Buy the Trident :hammer2: :hammer2:
Just Kidding Froggie :D

mirvin
09-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Dude What A Pain In The Ass It Is To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. Man, That Must Have Taken A Long Time To Type All That Chit Out :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
09-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Popcorn here.....popcorn..........

mirvin
09-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Really? I would never log on under a different name. Go read my posts. I'm not scared to be controversial or unpopular. Hell, I had a guy I've never met tell me he didn't like me this weekend, strictly from my posts. :D
Dang Bob, I've never met you but I like you more then most of the people I already know.........Not necessarily from here, just in general
:D

RiverOtter
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Popcorn here.....popcorn..........
What? :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey, being an angry midget with an attitude is understandable. I'll still hang out with you because I don't judge others based upon height, but rather intellect. ;) :D
I know Jordy...I gotta work on the "little man attitude". Thanks for hanging out with me...most people are afraid of drunk, angry, Oompa Loompas!
You are a man among (internet) men!

phuggit
09-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Boat Dreamer,
PM RiverDave on the boards. He is a cornucopia(sp) of useless information when it comes to boating.
I would personally get the SeaDoo with the roll bar, name it "Raider Nation" and park next to the most badass boat you can find in the channel on a holiday weekend.
PS If you choose to buy the SeaDoo, please move all future threads to the Jets section. :D

Jordy
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Was it jdogginla?
No, but it was strokeadogaday. ;)

Froggystyle
09-09-2005, 06:01 PM
No no no.... Jackass on here, nice guy in person.
Get it straight... ;)

98 Vector 21
09-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I would go with a cheep Jet boat...

Riverkid
09-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Maybe, but not a better target...

Jordy
09-10-2005, 07:39 AM
I still say to go with the Kachina. You can't go wrong when you can put your own original design on it, no matter how silly it is. ;) :D

BarryMac
09-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Dude, he's gonna come to Nooga and kick you in the junk... :D :D :D

Flashover
09-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Do i smell another Poster X. Or is this guy just in the wrong place.... :idea:

Jordy
09-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Do i smell another Poster X. Or is this guy just in the wrong place.... :idea:
Nah, Poser X would tell you that you got the wrong boat and it's all GW's fault. He'd never make any helpful suggestions. ;)

Flashover
09-10-2005, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=Jordy]Nah, Poser X would tell you that you got the wrong boat and it's all GW's fault. He'd never make any helpful suggestions. ;)[/QUOT
Very true blame it on GW. Poster X is lame... :crossx:

91nordic29
09-10-2005, 08:01 AM
I would personally get the SeaDoo with the roll bar, name it "Raider Nation" and park next to the most badass boat you can find in the channel on a holiday weekend.
ROFL ...oh please, oh please... one of you pro photo chopper guys make a picture of this!

Reaper1
09-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Sea Doo = Custom Boat.
I'm Confused. :confused:

Jordy
09-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Sea Doo = Custom Boat.
I'm Confused. :confused:
I think they're pretty custom because you can get different sticker packages on them, that is, you have the choice of a few different colors. To me, that's custom. ;) :D

RiverOtter
09-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Dude, he's gonna come to Nooga and kick you in the junk... :D :D :D
:idea: Hmmmm... gimme a heads up and I'll go visit Nashvillebound that weekend :D

Froggystyle
09-10-2005, 12:11 PM
:idea: Hmmmm... gimme a heads up and I'll go visit Nashvillebound that weekend :D
You'll find no shelter there... Jeff is on my side, and I need to visit him one of these days... ;)

UnionJack
09-10-2005, 12:15 PM
It's a pretty good disquise with the wording......can't pick out any consistencies to tell who you REALLY are..................... :idea:
Boat Dreamer = a.k.a.?????
Anyone got a guess???
Kilrtoy? :notam:

Cole1313
09-10-2005, 12:52 PM
You can start with the Sea Doo, then you can customize it. I hear everyone that has one, drills 2 inch holes across the entire bottom of the boat, about 6 inches apart. I guess it makes them lighter. If you would like to borrow a drill and bit I will GIVE you mine.

lucky
09-10-2005, 01:06 PM
In powerboat mag( a reputable mag) they did a side by side comparison with the sea don't and a CANADAIAN CARLSON , hands down - the sea doo is the poo ...

Jordy
09-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Kilrtoy? :notam:
Holy moly, I think you're way off base. :idea: :D

Rockdog
09-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Wow, I've heard of that happening, and it was based on posts that weren't even made by me (nice work HH and RD). I was pretty ok with it though because the guy was a total idiot. Not going to name any names but woof woof.
All right Jordy - time to name names. Which *****dog are you refering to?

Jordy
09-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Not you. Don't worry. He didn't have dog anywhere in his name, just his hand apparently. :D :D :D

Froggystyle
09-10-2005, 05:41 PM
It isn't a ****ing dog, it is a dog ****er...

cxr133
09-10-2005, 08:22 PM
well .... heres my .02
i think this guy is not for real,, BUT if he is i know its not a custom boat
but it rides well.. has a little bit of power (barely pushes 50) and has tons of storage... he should buy the Yamaha instead of the Sea-Doo

SHOTKALLIN
09-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Bayliner is the way to go! Go Bayliner or go home! The chicks love Bayliners.