PDA

View Full Version : I did a good thing today...

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I decided to come back to my HB roots and started posting again....j/k
The real reason is, I had my company post a few job openings on Jobing.com, it's a new website for Hurricane Katrina survivors offered to only the people living (for the time being) at the colesium.
It made me feel good, even if we help one person it would be great, although I'd love to help more. :(
I feel bad for some of these families that need to start all over again. I hope we Arizonians can make them feel as close to home as if they were in LA.
It's so nice to be back on HB. :D

JustMVG
09-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Very neat, to have you back posting and the job offers for those folks, hope it works out for your company and for them.

JackieV
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
The real reason is, I had my company post a few job openings on Jobing.com, it's a new website for Hurricane Katrina survivors offered to only the people living (for the time being) at the colesium.
It made me feel good, even if we help one person it would be great, although I'd love to help more. :(
I feel bad for some of these families that need to start all over again. I hope we Arizonians can make them feel as close to home as if they were in LA.
That's because your a kind hearted person. That's really great Mrs. Scuba! ;)

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I was looking into the work issue with them. I guess the ststae is allowing us to place any LA people to work even though they don't have all the documentation that is required (such as IDs, SS Card, Birth Certs, etc). We can put them to work right now for a max of 45 days and they will reevaluate once the time is up and see if we can extend it, since most have lost everything they own.
It makes me feel good so hopefully it can happen, and I can make someones day out there that really needs it.

JackieV
09-09-2005, 08:25 PM
My mom came up from behind me and said I like what she has there...meaning your sig-line! LOL ;)
I'm so glad my two younger sisters have tamed her...cause she obviously saw your avatar too! LOL And she didn't have a problem with me saying, "Yeah, that's my friend in Mesa". Not that it matters...but you know how some moms can be, mine was like that...but then again the first borns always get it first! LOL

RiverToysJas
09-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Welcome back Monique! These ladies have been getting out of hand, I think you need to kick some ass around here. :D
RTJas :D

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Ya think!!!! It's been a really mess without me here.
I get on here and lurk uder Steve's login, not for any other reason than I could not for the life of me remember my password. But I'm here now.
I've missed out on a whole lot, I know, I need to go back and catch up. So if you all see some old threads pop back up, it's just me giving my input. :D

shadow
09-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Monique,long time no see.Hope you guys are doing well.Say hello to Steve for me and hope to see you guys one of these days.Come out to Havasu you know you guys always have a place here.

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi girlie. Welcome back. Was asking Bobaloo about you guys this weekend. :wink:

JackieV
09-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Ya think!!!! It's been a really mess without me here.
I get on here and lurk uder Steve's login, not for any other reason than I could not for the life of me remember my password. But I'm here now.
I've missed out on a whole lot, I know, I need to go back and catch up. So if you all see some old threads pop back up, it's just me giving my input. :D
YOU GO GIRL!!!! :D

JackieV
09-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Monique,long time no see.Hope you guys are doing well.Say hello to Steve for me and hope to see you guys one of these days.Come out to Havasu you know you guys always have a place here.
Hey Shadow! Tell Mrs. Teresa (sp) I said hello!!! Miss her too! :D

shadow
09-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Shadow! Tell Mrs. Teresa (sp) I said hello!!! Miss her too! :D
Will do and hope to see you guys soon too!

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey Shadow,
We've missed you guys. Thank you, we love hanging out with you and Teresa and would love to come out, but it's just hard for us right now.
Hooter-Sled, I know, we've had to mellow down with the whole river thing and are thinking about selling the boat. We miss all of you. Like always we are having river withdrawals.
We won't be out of the scene for good, just to have more time to find us a bigger and better boat. We're so undecided, Steve wants a deck boat, I want an MTI or Nortech, LOL.
We just need to find the perfect, bigger boat for us.

pixilatedpussy
09-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Thats awesome!!! We all missed you sweetie! Keep in touch! :wink:

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Hey Shadow,
We've missed you guys. Thank you, we love hanging out with you and Teresa and would love to come out, but it's just hard for us right now.
Hooter-Sled, I know, we've had to mellow down with the whole river thing and are thinking about selling the boat. We miss all of you. Like always we are having river withdrawals.
We won't be out of the scene for good, just to have more time to find us a bigger and better boat. We're so undecided, Steve wants a deck boat, I want an MTI or Nortech, LOL.
We just need to find the perfect, bigger boat for us.
Good luck sweetie. Tell Steve I said hi. Don't forget, I'm sure you can always steal a ride w/alot of peeps on here, including us.

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Like I said I couldn't get my password figured out, so I hadn't posted, but it was great meeting you PixP. Since I hadn't been on here I really haven't kept up with all the new peeps, but Steve has somewhat kept me up to date. You made me feel welcome in Havasu the weekend of the adult trip. Hopefully we can meet up again, and maybe then I will join you up on that famous pole. ;)

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Good luck sweetie. Tell Steve I said hi. Don't forget, I'm sure you can always steal a ride w/alot of peeps on here, including us.
Thank You. We are just really trying to save up for the house, so we will probably need to put the river on hold for a bit, with a boat or not. But thanks for the invite, hopefully next year we can finally relax and take a break with all of you out at the river. OR if we can't make it, well then I guess you can all come out to Phx and visit, I'm sure Steve and I can make it worth everyone's while.
Hmmmmmmm....... you got me thinking, maybe a house warming party. LOL :idea:

JackieV
09-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah cause I don't know how you guys will manage on your boat with two kids and two doggies! Sheesh! :p lol j/k
Good Luck with everything! :clover:

JackieV
09-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Thank You. We are just really trying to save up for the house, so we will probably need to put the river on hold for a bit, with a boat or not. But thanks for the invite, hopefully next year we can finally relax and take a break with all of you out at the river. OR if we can't make it, well then I guess you can all come out to Phx and visit, I'm sure Steve and I can make it worth everyone's while.
Hmmmmmmm....... you got me thinking, maybe a house warming party. LOL :idea:
Uh-ohhhh! :supp: Until Steve gets me the right "gear", I ain't running around! ;) lol j/k

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 09:11 PM
For Steve's partying ways, you don't need no stinkin' gear, LOL.
Of course I won't be able to leave my "other" family out. Jayda will have a friend to play with, oh my, I forgot he's a boy dog...... :squiggle:
And Angelisa can help with Jeslyn, while her REAL mommy and daddy have a few drinks with us......

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Glad to see you back on HB! More estrogen = http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 09:18 PM
That is why I'm back. I had to come back and back up my girls. So anything you guys need help with on here??? :argue:
I just got through today, telling off my co-worker after she thought she could get away with only her side of the story. I told her before, I am pretty laid back about almost anything, but the day you get on my bad side, forget it, you'll wish you never went there with me. I can be a real B*tch.....
So, now that I'm back, what else do you girls need for me to handle on here???? :) :wink:

JackieV
09-09-2005, 09:19 PM
For Steve's partying ways, you don't need no stinkin' gear, LOL.
Of course I won't be able to leave my "other" family out. Jayda will have a friend to play with, oh my, I forgot he's a boy dog...... :squiggle:
And Angelisa can help with Jeslyn, while her REAL mommy and daddy have a few drinks with us......
LOL, I know, but I need something cool to catch the EYE! LOL :D
Awww, Jayda & Bear will be best doggie buds! ;) :clover:

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't think they'll be "Just " buds, they'll probably be more than just buds.........

unleashed
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey Whats up Sexy girl Monique. Havent seen you guys all year. Tell Steve I said whats up and UCLA is gonna bust up USC this year!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Like I said I couldn't get my password figured out, so I hadn't posted, but it was great meeting you PixP. Since I hadn't been on here I really haven't kept up with all the new peeps, but Steve has somewhat kept me up to date. You made me feel welcome in Havasu the weekend of the adult trip. Hopefully we can meet up again, and maybe then I will join you up on that famous pole. ;)
Its a date cutie!!! :wink:

Mrs Scuba
09-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey Whats up Sexy girl Monique. Havent seen you guys all year. Tell Steve I said whats up and UCLA is gonna bust up USC this year!
Deano
Thanks for the great laugh....... :D :D I'll be watching the games, just to see how true that will be.
We saw you a couple of times driving through the channel, but after yelling until we were blue in the face, didn't really make much of a difference. Hope Nevada and the wifey are doing good. Hope to see you soon.

essexjet
09-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Tell Steve I said whats up and UCLA is gonna bust up USC this year!
Deano
Those are fighting words :argue: :boxingguy

JetBoatRich
09-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Welcome back ;) hope all is well with you and Steve :supp: