PDA

View Full Version : Rental house or condo for Memorial

Speedin' Ian
05-08-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm entertaining the idea of going to Havasu for Memorial day, but I definately need a house or condo with room to leave my boat (22' tige) at night. It would be me and 7 girls so I'm very confident that the place would be very well cared for. Also how is launching and retrieving on this weekend? My biggest concern would be driving the boat and truck... I would need to launch the boat, tie it to the dock and then park my truck... and at night the same thing.

Phat Matt
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I would suggest launching at day break and pulling off after 10pm.

Speedin' Ian
05-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Well that blows... is it possible to leave your boat in the water overnight?

MR HARLEY
05-08-2006, 06:59 PM
What do these 7 girls look like.

Mandelon
05-08-2006, 07:03 PM
. It would be me and 7 girls so I'm very confident that the place would be very well cared for.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaahahhaaaahhhhaa ahahahaaaa

Havasu_Dreamin
05-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I've seen the line at Site 6 over a mile long Saturday evening of Memorial Weekend at 11:30 at night.....

Speedin' Ian
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
They're all very good looking... which brings up another concern of mine. With all the idiots out there I can only imagine all the attention we'll be getting and I definately don't want to get rolled by some meat heads disrespecting one of the girls. This is no joke... at first it seemed like a great idea, but I'm only with one of the girls and I'm sure it will be a lot of work since I'll doing everything. First things first though... I have to see if I can even get a place.

TrojanDan
05-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Yup, launch at the crack of dawn or around 3pm and pull off either very late at night or at 3pm. :D
You should really consider bringing a buddy to help with the launching and retrieving. Memorial Day isn't the best of weekends to be going solo with 7 chicks and no boat launching help. Good luck. :cool:

Speedin' Ian
05-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah I know what you mean... I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a buddy that wants to go, but I also have a limited amount of space on my boat. It is an open bow, but nine people, plus all beverages and supplies that goes with seven women sounds like a recipe for a sinking boat

Phat Matt
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, let's see some pics of the chicks, I might have room for them. :p

Speedin' Ian
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
haha!! Yeah i'm sure you would, but I think I'd prefer to have my own place. The real bummer is I just bought a place in Mohave Valley, but I don't get the keys until the weekend after Memorial. To be honest if I do decide to undertake this big task it would cool to meet up with some cool people from the boards so that I don't have to worry about a lot of drama. As far as posting pics, that's just not my style... if they want their pics all over the internet they can join the boards, but I don't have anything to prove. So back to the rental... any ideas where I might locate one?

whiteworks
05-08-2006, 08:20 PM
do yourself a favor and stay home. in my opinion 7 chicks 1 guy babysitting memorial weekend you are asking for trouble. there is no way in hell I would do this to myself that weekend. if your still thinking this is a good idea you may want to look into those new condos in the channel. you can pull right up and drop them off when they start cryin about siht. plus there is a slight chance in hell you can leave your boat in overnight. if you choose to take this mission please post a summary of the weekend I have a feeling that it will make a great thread.

Mandelon
05-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Last year there were boats left in the channel in front of those new condos all night. No tickets either.....

slovolvo
05-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Check Look Here (http://www.vrbo.com) I would definately enlist in some male help if I were you. As cute as it is, I really don't dig drunk chicks jacknifing my trailer. I personally am staying on the Havasu Landing side to try and avoid some of the drama. If you find something over there, I would be happy (and sober) to help you get your boat off and on the trailer. Good luck to you, and it sounds like it will be worth the effort :)