PDA

View Full Version : So... what would you do?

19cobaltcd
09-10-2005, 05:52 AM
My 16 year old daughter had her first accident a couple of days ago. She was traveling on a 4 lane 2 way street and rear ended another car. I know it is her fault and have no problem with that, she was paying more attention trying to move over to the other lane so she didnt have to stop, (the other car was waiting to turn left but there was very little oncoming traffic that was preventing her from turning) and barely bumped the other car. She has a 94 Camaro and the other car was a 02 Saturn, both only sustained minor damage. My issue is the bi*ch she hit. When the accident first happened the gal seemed to be fine, nothing hurt, no complaints. But she claimed to have called the police twice and never did. Her late 20's year old son was with her but beat feet when he thought the cops were coming. By the time they actually figured out the gal had not called the police (an hour after the wreck) she was acting like she didnt know who she was. The ambulance driver wanted to know if she had been acting like she was about 5 years old, we told him no, she was fine before they arrived. She was going on in the ambulance like she didnt know what year it was, who the president was, etc, etc. They said they were going to test her for drugs and alcohol at the hospital.
The cop gave my daughter a ticket for following to close and inattentive driving. My problem comes from the information the other gal gave the police. Something had bothered me from the start of when I arrived on the scene, (before the police) just the was the gal was acting. So after work yesterday I cruised by the address she gave police. It was a trailer park, the trailer does not exist, and from the grass growing had not been there in a long time. She claimed to not have a phone but was talking to someone on her cell when I arrived. She could produce no proof of insurance either.
Now I'm thinking that is how this bi*ch makes her living, causes someone to run into her and runs with it. I was considering getting a lawyer and fighting the tickets. I know my daughter should have been more careful but I think circumstances should have been taken into account.
What would you do?????
(I have great insurance, I'm not to worried about her suing)

Parker
09-10-2005, 06:12 AM
She probably lied to throw off the police so she could get away, if her boy left with warrents or some b.s. like that, the apple doesn't fall far. I wouldn't worry about her coming after you.

Mrs_Wally_Gator
09-10-2005, 06:31 AM
You might want to at least consult a lawyer. Just so you might have a heads up on what could happen.

Flashover
09-10-2005, 06:38 AM
I had a guy intentionally cause an accident with me. when the cops got there and i told them ehat happend. they talked to the other guy and of course the story was different. bottom line is the city ended up taking him to court i was a witness so i had to go to, He never showed up at court. The judge put a warrent out for his arrest and a $1.500 cash only fine as well. It was great. go to the police station and talk to them and work things out thru the proper channels... :clover: