PDA

View Full Version : National Geographic - Inside 9/11 ....

RiverToysJas
09-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Did anyone happen to catch the National Geographic special "Inside 9/11" last night?
I don't know how old it is, but at the end they spoke of the recent London bombings, so it's not that old. It was in two part, the first leading up to 9/11, ending with all the terrorists in their hotels near the airports, and the second part all about the actual day. I think it should be required watching for all Americans. I will admit I had to wipe away tears when the wives of the guys that tried to take back flight 93 were talking about the last minutes of that flight. Incredible. I can only hope that if put in that situation I would be as brave as those folks, and the ones who stayed in the towers to help others at the cost of their own lives!
GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
RTJas :D

slink
09-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Ya, I caught it last week. Ended up staying up till 100am to get to the final episode. Some absolutely amazing stories. I'm actually thinking about ordering a DVD copy for when my daughter grows up she'll understand it.

jdogginla
09-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Damit.......I missed it again! It's gotten great reviews

RiverToysJas
09-10-2005, 08:47 AM
I am thinking about ordering the DVD's for the family collection also. My kids are too young now, but I want them to see this when they older.
RTJas

Flashover
09-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Every time i watch that show it pisses me off all over again. But i can't stop watching it once i start..

HocusPocus
09-10-2005, 09:16 AM
not too many shows can make you sad yet filled with pride.. they should be showing this in the schools.

RiverToysJas
09-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I only wish we were building the towers back the way were, or simular - only a little taller. That would make a statement......destroy something here...and we build it back bigger and better.
I know from a practical standpoint they would be a target again, and I know people might not want to work or live in them. But that would be an awesome statement to make. Since we are not doing that, I kinda feel they won that battle.
RTJas

ECeptor
09-10-2005, 11:14 AM
I only wish we were building the towers back the way were, or simular - only a little taller. That would make a statement......destroy something here...and we build it back bigger and better.
I know from a practical standpoint they would be a target again, and I know people might not want to work or live in them. But that would be an awesome statement to make. Since we are not doing that, I kinda feel they won that battle.
RTJas
Exactly, fall off a horse you should get right back on. Build 'um back only taller and with asbestos that won't burn and cause structural failures!

JustMVG
09-10-2005, 11:40 AM
NGC updates some of their programs and then retitle them, this was a great and insightful show, and should be a must see for school kids. This was a momentous event and should not be forgotten,EVER!!

Not So Fast
09-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Another important film about that terrible day (I've posted this before) is titled simply "9/11" by the Naudet brothers while filming a documentary about the life of a "proby" in the NYFD. Their film is just as it happened and very, very moving. Everyone should see it :chi: NSF PS have a hanky handy

JustMVG
09-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Saw it when HBO ran it unedited, and then again when it was on Network TV, when you hear the bodies hitting, sounding like something just exploded, heartwrenching. This is another must see.

MagicMtnDan
09-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Rebuild the Twin Towers!
http://www.geocities.com/rebuild_twin_towers/WTC_outside7.jpg

dimarcobros
09-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I caught some of it last night as well. I thought they did a great job with it and I think I will be getting the DVD as well.
DMB

Acommanderguy
09-10-2005, 12:18 PM
hey I saw it. it was just touching. great insight on what was gonna happen. taught me alot. this is a great nation, with alot of great people.

1stepcloser
09-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Absolutely great show. Watched all of it last night as well.
Gives great insight into the "why" it happened.
"We love death, the U.S. loves life. That is the big difference between us"
Truly fargin' crazy.

Debbolas
09-10-2005, 12:42 PM
It was a great show, I didn't get to see the end, hope it is on again..... :idea: