PDA

View Full Version : LA County Fair

Debbolas
09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Who is going?
If so, please take the time to check out the art in America's Kids.........I think it is in Building 7A........
why you ask.................... :idea:
Well our son entered 3 pieces of his artwork and TWO WON!!!!!!!! :D :D
One of his pieces won the Sweepstakes Award and another one won the Best of Show :D :D We are going on Sunday to check it out :D
He won in the Teen division :D
Did I mention he designed our engine cover on our boat (yes, it's a Kachina) :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Great_engine_cover_-med.jpg
Debbolas<--------very proud mom :wink:

charlyox
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
I am going on sunday to see Crosby, Stills & Nash among other things.

76ANTHONY
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
yeah i saw the commercial now i need to go, i didnt know sheeps made gouchi sweaters :D :D

Phat Daddy
09-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Make sure to pack some heat for all the little dumb sh#t wanna be gangsters running around that place.

Debbolas
09-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Make sure to pack some heat for all the little dumb sh#t wanna be gangsters running around that place.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
say THAT isn't so!!!!!!!!
:clover: I'm going to "eat" my way through the fair :D

Phat Daddy
09-10-2005, 01:30 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
say THAT isn't so!!!!!!!!
:clover: I'm going to "eat" my way through the fair :D
Have you been before??

Debbolas
09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
once, during a weekday, it wasn't so bad, should I be frightened? :confused:

Phat Daddy
09-10-2005, 01:40 PM
once, during a weekday, it wasn't so bad, should I be frightened? :confused:
Stay close to your man and whatever you do, don't get caught there on a Friday or Saturday night. Gun fire, stabbings, gang fights, etc. We stopped going to that sh#t whole like 6 years ago... but man do I miss those baked potatoes. OC fair for us.

Debbolas
09-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Stay close to your man and whatever you do, don't get caught there on a Friday or Saturday night. Gun fire, stabbings, gang fights, etc. We stopped going to that sh#t whole like 6 years ago... but man do I miss those baked potatoes. OC fair for us.
Ok, we are just hanging out in the kids art section and the barn yard animal section, oh, and then the food, and maybe I can talk scream into a new spa........ :D
I should call my friend the cop, Maybe they want to go, and he has a gun :wink:
I wonder if I could talk Froggystyle into going with us:D

cxr133
09-10-2005, 02:01 PM
if you go on Sunday..like we normally doo
all the scumbags are sleeping it off.. i think you will be fine

Debbolas
09-10-2005, 02:06 PM
if you go on Sunday..like we normally doo
all the scumbags are sleeping it off.. i think you will be fine
Thanks, I was getting worried :D

cxr133
09-10-2005, 02:07 PM
especially avoid the rides\games section on saturday nights

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 02:36 PM
self promotion bump
(for my kid)
:D

SnakeWrench
09-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Last year, we had a problem with one of those gangster wannabe's. He decided that we stood in line where he wanted to be. So I just blew him off and said, " If it's that important to you, than be my guest." He responded by saying, "That's right bitch, you better move you f'n ass when I talk to you."
I let it go for a few minutes, until his family arrived, and the guy behind me made a comment "Dude, isn't that pushing it a bit." Next thing I know, Gang boy decides to push my son out of the way and go for the guy behind me.
He never made it there. I got the luckiest punch in that I have ever thrown. I got him at the base of the jaw and knocked him out cold. The rest of the family decided to back off until the cops showed up then they started after me and the cops settled them all down.
He was charged with assault on a minor, and later we found out he had a fractured jaw. Other than that, never had a problem.

SnakeWrench
09-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Mess with me it's one thing. Lay your hands on my son, and I'll do my best to knock the crap out of someone. BUT, That was just a lucky shot on my part.

Ultrafied
09-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I've gone for years, no problem. But then I go during the day, during the week. Most of you have described what it's like with the wannabese ... but .... the 10 pound buns, baked potatoes, Piggly Wiggley's, beer and the list goes on. I can't stay away, just adjusted my schedule. :D

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Well if you all go, check out the America kids art collection, he won Best of Show & Sweepstakes for watercolor and pencil/ pen/ink wash :D
Thanks for the "heads up" :coffeycup

Ultrafied
09-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I've already gotten in written down on my "To See" list! :D

Debbolas
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Well the fair was FUN, my second time going :D We Totally ATE our way through the fair we had: Corn dogs, beer, beer, dip n dots, beer :D , onion blossom, garlic fries, coke, fudge, cheese bread, cheese, tomato & basil bread, coke.............I THINK that's it :D
So, in case you guys can't make it here is my sons artwork :D
First Place (there are a LOT of those) :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_007-med.jpg
Sweepstakes Award :D ( about 4 of these)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_006-med.jpg
Best of Show :D (about 3 of these)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_005-med.jpg

Debbolas
09-12-2005, 09:04 PM
and a present for my buddy Tom :clover:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_065-med.jpg

JustMVG
09-12-2005, 10:59 PM
So what is the latest "Deep Fried" thing this year, Snickers bars were last year or the year before, if you can think of deep frying it, you'll likely find it at the Fair....

PBOCOP
09-13-2005, 12:49 AM
FYI...
The fair is a very safe place with tons of cops. I know, cause I hired em all and did the scheduling.
Small shit goes on but there are cops every 100 feet or so and over 100 in the carnival at night. You'll be fine.
Enjoy yourself.

JetBoatRich
09-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Well the fair was FUN, my second time going :D We Totally ATE our way through the fair we had: Corn dogs, beer, beer, dip n dots, beer :D , onion blossom, garlic fries, coke, fudge, cheese bread, cheese, tomato & basil bread, coke.............I THINK that's it :D
First Place (there are a LOT of those)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_007-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_006-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Scotts_art_at_the_LA_County_Fair_005-med.jpg
Congratulations to your son :D Nice art work

ahhell
09-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Way to go ScottI knew you were good, but damn, those are nice
now get a haircut :p

JackieV
09-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey everybody, if your interested, I use to sell tickets for the teachers credit union that I worked for in West Covina Ca., you all should call and order your tickets through them. I don't think they do online service anymore, just orders over the phone, but it's usually guaranteed to be MUCH cheaper.
Here is the toll free number: First Financial Credit Union 800 537-8491
They also sell tickets to just about EVERYWHERE in Southern California.
:cool:

Debbolas
09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey everybody, if your interested, I use to sell tickets for the teachers credit union that I worked for in West Covina Ca., you all should call and order your tickets through them. I don't think they do online service anymore, just orders over the phone, but it's usually guaranteed to be MUCH cheaper.
Here is the toll free number: First Financial Credit Union 800 537-8491
They also sell tickets to just about EVERYWHERE in Southern California.
:cool:
That is a good idea, :D we had to pay $15 per person Sunday (kinda sucks when your kids are all taller than you, you can't "say" they are younger ) ;)

Boozer
09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
That is a good idea, :D we had to pay $15 per person Sunday (kinda sucks when your kids are all taller than you, you can't "say" they are younger ) ;)
General Admission is $15.00???? Holy sh*t!
I've been fortunate enough to never have to pay admission into the LA county fair.
My first job was working for a concessions company that did concessions at the fair itself and all of the other events that took place out there. It was probably to this day the funnest job I've ever had. Luckily the manager who overseen all the food service employees is and has always been like my 3rd grand mother. She gave me a job cleaning up the condiment tables at all the food stands. After spending 30 minutes making my rounds I would go to all of the vendors and trade food for merchandise they had. I got everything from Glow in the dark posters to .22 caliber pellet guns that could put a pellet through a car door. I also got to see a lot of cool behind the scenes stuff that goes on at the fair that most people will never see or know about. Free NHRA tickets was probably my favorite perk.
I've already got my tickets for this year now it's just a matter of figuring out what day to go.

Debbolas
09-14-2005, 05:45 AM
once last bump for my kid

JackieV
09-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Yeah I talked to my old co-worker and she says they are $9.00 any day tickets with her.

Debbolas
09-16-2005, 09:31 PM
bump for FM :wink:

Debbolas
09-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Bump for folks going today, check out my son's artwork :wink:
America Kids
Sweepstakes Winner
Best of Show Winner
in the teenage division :wink:

my21advantage
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm stuck working that damn thing tonight....oh well can't complain about overtime

Kilrtoy
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm stuck working that damn thing tonight....oh well can't complain about overtime
HEY where is my pics Im still waiting....

my21advantage
09-18-2005, 10:54 AM
HEY where is my pics Im still waiting....
well, if you'd call me back nd I still can't figure out which picture you're talking about :confused:

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 10:06 AM
First Place :D
Bump for the Doctor!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BBTAHITI
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
FYI...
The fair is a very safe place with tons of cops. I know, cause I hired em all and did the scheduling.
Small shit goes on but there are cops every 100 feet or so and over 100 in the carnival at night. You'll be fine.
Enjoy yourself.
WHy would anyone want to go where you NEED cops every 100 feet or so?

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 10:21 AM
WHy would anyone want to go where you NEED cops every 100 feet or so?
Duh!
:rolleyes:
To see my son's artwork :p