PDA

View Full Version : How old when you tell your kids about s e x...

Mandelon
09-11-2005, 05:29 PM
How old should your kids be when you go over the birds and the bees with your kids?
My son who is almost 12 asked me what a "virgin" was this morning. He was reading the newspaper and saw an ad for The 40 Year Old Virgin movie....
I explained that a virgin was someone who had not had sexual relations yet. I thought that was concise yet still pleasantly vague.. :hammerhea
Anyway I know its just about time for..."The Talk"......he doesn't quite have an interest in girls yet.....really. I know he likes one of my daughter's friends...I don't think he even realizes it. But he acts different when she is around....
Who has done this with their kids recently???? :cool:

Flying Tiger
09-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Ya be right up front about sex talk with the kids from day one.

Mandelon
09-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Come on Ross, a one day old won't understand..... :hammerhea :wink:
When did you explain that the wiener goes in the coochie and out comes a baby.....

termiteguy
09-11-2005, 05:43 PM
16 and 17 yearold boys you are real close you will know when the time comes!

NashvilleBound
09-11-2005, 05:46 PM
We always make sure when something is said or someone doesnt understand something we explain properly what it means....... this way its a learning curve...not the sit down shocker. Its not always easy or relaxed but its the right thing to do. If I had to guess, my kids would ask me anything at this point if it was bugging them..... the way it should be.

Jbb
09-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Im still waiting for ...the talk

Phat Matt
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Come on Ross, a one day old won't understand..... :hammerhea :wink:
When did you explain that the wiener goes in the coochie and out comes a baby.....
Just take him to the mini sandbar on a big weekend and you can explain it then over a few beers. :)

sintax
09-11-2005, 05:59 PM
just remember, if you wait until you think they are "ready" chances are they'll already know it, and may even have a few you dont know.
I was talking to my lil cousin (13) about if hes kissed a girl yet, i was not prepared for what he told me =\

Mandelon
09-11-2005, 06:00 PM
He understands the general concepts, but I suppose the time is here to let him know that his "hot dog" is for more that just peeing..... :D
I can hear him now..." ya mean.... I put this.... in THERE?!?!?!?! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

NashvilleBound
09-11-2005, 06:09 PM
My almost 6 year old has already asked me some questions. I have been vague without offering all the "details", but I think he already has some idea of the basics.
Uh ya, 6 is a little young.....mine are 12 and 14.....

Phat Matt
09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
He understands the general concepts, but I suppose the time is here to let him know that his "hot dog" is for more that just peeing..... :D
I can hear him now..." ya mean.... I put this.... in THERE?!?!?!?! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Tell him to put it in their butt and you won't have to worry about him knocking up some chick. :hammerhea

Phat Matt
09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
can i call you DAD? :rollside:
Sure son. :)

77charger
09-11-2005, 06:20 PM
you dont cover up you can get easy 18 year financing,or a trip to the doctor :idea:

NashvilleBound
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
He's very bright and mature. What are you going to do when they start asking? He won't buy the lie, I guarantee that. ;)
Well...maybe just not the direct truth...every kids different...so is the question....

OutCole'd
09-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Tell him to put it in their butt and you won't have to worry about him knocking up some chick. :hammerhea
Just take him to the mini sandbar on a big weekend and you can explain it then over a few beers. :)
Matt, you're killing me. :D :D
Mandy, just bring Mason to Vegas. We can take Justin & he to the Crazy Horse & let them figure it out. :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I remember when my Dad gave me the talk.
I started giggling when he first used the word "girl" and haven't stopped since.

Phat Matt
09-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Matt, you're killing me. :D :D
Mandy, just bring Mason to Vegas. We can take Justin & he to the Crazy Horse & let them figure it out. :jawdrop:
Another great idea. :D

HocusPocus
09-11-2005, 08:29 PM
i have 2 schools of thought on this subject and being the father for 4 kids.
1. when they are old enough to ask you about it, they are old enough to learn about it.
2. let'em learn it on the streets.
:supp:

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Ok, first I was raised by hippies, which means my mother used ANY chance to use the words vagina and penis.............I can't remember NOT knowing about it.
So I told my children very young when they first asked....add a refresher when they enter junior high and high school and college.....but by then they usually don't want to listen, so my advice is to get them educated while they are young, so it's not so strange......
IMO

***boateditor
09-11-2005, 09:54 PM
My nephew is 11 years old. He's a very precocious kid. The other day I asked him if he knew about the birds and the bees. He said, "I can only assume they f**k like people do." --Jonathan Katz

KLEPTOW
09-11-2005, 11:36 PM
My nephew is 11 years old. He's a very precocious kid. The other day I asked him if he knew about the birds and the bees. He said, "I can only assume they f**k like people do." --Jonathan Katz
Wonder what he thinks Cigars or for?

HocusPocus
09-11-2005, 11:46 PM
don't ask clinton.
http://www.lizmichael.com/willies.jpg

doesitfloat?
09-12-2005, 08:31 AM
just remember, if you wait until you think they are "ready" chances are they'll already know it, and may even have a few you dont know.
I was talking to my lil cousin (13) about if hes kissed a girl yet, i was not prepared for what he told me =\
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. So many parents, even the "cool, hip" ones aren't aware of what their kids already know.
Be proactive!

76ANTHONY
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
i told my daughter when she was born about sex, i said never have sex. pretty simple, i think shes got the point. now that shes 3, she still doesnt like boys, i think its workin :D :D :D

Goldilocks
09-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Whatever my parents said to me worked! I was scared to have sex. I didn't want to get pregnant.
Just take him to the mini sandbar on a big weekend and you can explain it then over a few beers.
Now you all know why we aren't married yet or have any kids yet! :jawdrop: :D

Tom Brown
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Now you all know why we aren't married yet or have any kids yet! :jawdrop: :D
... because Matt's jamming it in your ass?

ThongMagnet
09-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Just say: I'm too young to be a grandparent, and your to young to pay child support. :argue:

JetBoatRich
09-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Keep the communications open and needs to go both ways :cool: you will know when the time is right :eek:

76ANTHONY
09-12-2005, 09:50 AM
show him a medical book on the inside of a vagina :D :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
09-12-2005, 09:54 AM
I would start at 10 years old.....
and when kids ask the question answer them.....
As some already stated, By the time you think they are ready, they are probably already doing it.....

***boateditor
09-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Whatever my parents said to me worked! I was scared to have sex.
The first time I had sex was very scary indeed.
I was all alone! :D :D :D

Tom Brown
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
... or give him a computer and a ***boat account. Let us handle it.
Class is in. :cool:

Goldilocks
09-12-2005, 10:10 AM
How did you guess :messedup:

Tom Brown
09-12-2005, 10:11 AM
How did you guess :messedup:
I read Matt's earlier posts.

meaniam
09-13-2005, 07:10 AM
by the time i was 10 i saw my first 2 racks and already had girlfriends. by 12 or 13 i had already discovered strange. it sucked and was ackward then i waited tell 10th high school cuase i felt rushed by girlfreind and felt akward.
i feel 10 is a very respectful age to tell them what can happen when surfing the wet tunnel. and buy them some condoms. so when they get the first chance to try them out they will out of curiosty. hopefully sometime latter. i didnt really have the balls to walk up to the counter tell 16 to buy them so i would rip them off. and it would have sucked getting cuaght jacking condoms

meaniam
09-13-2005, 07:11 AM
playboy is not very informative get a hustler or hustler xxx

riverbound
09-13-2005, 07:19 AM
LMAO.... I just spit coffe all over my computer :D

Ziggy
09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Just say: I'm too young to be a grandparent,:
That just happened to me Friday Nite..... :rollside: :rollside: I'm a G'Pa. :p
So don't try that method Richard....be up front and talk about it.....Think back at what age you became interested in your weiner, then girls and what the two together meant.....I think 12 is a resonable age to start the talks.

welk2party
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
LMAO!

redi4fun
09-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Oh F**ck, I think I just pissed my pants. :cry: :cry: :D :D