PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Came Off Truck In Parker

Hallett19
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
My buddy's trailer came off of his friend's truck on the way home from parker this week and was wondering if anyone saw it ?
Supposedly they were hitting the whooopty dooos coming out of parker and the tounge came off the ball, then the Jeep started swerving really bad, the chains broke and the boat was traveling in the opposite lane with the jeep, just like in the movies :D
The boat ended up in a ditch off the side of the road and had to be pulled out. The trailer was thrashed but very little damage done to the boat, a few scratches, the boat ended up on on top of one of the fenders as well, luckily there was nobody coming on the opposite side of traffic :sqeyes:

TCHB
09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I am glad iat did not hit another car and kill someone!!

JetBoatRich
09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
No body locked down the hitch :supp:
Sorry to hear about your friends boat :mad:

Froggystyle
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
No body locked down the hitch :supp:
Sorry to hear about your friends boat :mad:
My guess is, 1 7/8" ball on a 2" receiver...

JetBoatRich
09-12-2005, 11:50 AM
My guess is, 1 7/8" ball on a 2" receiver...
seemed like a good idea at the time :idea:

mike37
09-12-2005, 11:53 AM
thats some scary shit
had that happen to me with a Little haling trailer lucky for me the electric breaks locked up and the trailer just drug behind the truck by the chain

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Any Pics ???? :coffeycup

HocusPocus
09-12-2005, 12:09 PM
that does suck.. but as we all know it could have been much worse.

wildbillg
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Hell I had that happen to me, traveled well over 200 miles that day and bringing the boat back to storage in Mission Viejo, went thru and intersection and all of the sudden our 25 nordic is slamming in to the tailgate of our 2 day old F350 crewcab dually. Luckly we just took off from a red light and about 5-6 other guys we all lifted back on the ball, (with the lock still on it), had to open the lock and let it back down on the ball, (and no 1 7/8 ball never had one) just some how came right off the ball after over 200 miles of towing! Hell of a way to end a great day of boating, not to mention break in the new truck with boat bites all over the tailgate! Still to this day dont know why..... :eek:

Just Tool'n
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I hope I never get to experiance this type of event!
It's bad enough to lose a bearing, or get a flat while towing, I have had this happen!

mbrown2
09-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear about it....bumps on Rice are tough on trailers..

river chaser
09-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Happen to me 2x before!
Once because it was one of those old 1976 trailers where the toungue locks down with a old fashion latch; The boat trailer came off the truck the trailer was all over the place on the saftey chain, I was on a down grade of a steep hill, so I slowed down and braced for the BOOM! The boat hit the back of the truck to slow down :jawdrop: The damage was a HUGE dent in my truck, and a broken wench on the trailer due to salt water damage on the trailer
Second time was a single sit down jet ski; Some had messed with my trailer and pulled the cotter pin out and put it in front of the receiver :angry2: I know I checked the pin the night before... On the way to elisnore, the trailer like "I Love Lucy" passes me on the freeway!!!!! No safety chain, just bought the jet ski yesterday... Wholly SH*T! It was crazy, All I could do is watch it go towards the emergency lane, luckly it hit some debry on the e - lane and stopped just before it was going to go over the bridge of a over pass :eek: :eek:
No damage to the ski, just the trailer had some serious scratches!!