PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Ban for the Channel...??

shueman
09-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh, here we go again.... :rolleyes:
Gould seeks alcohol restrictions
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Want to make the Bridgewater Channel under the London Bridge more family friendly? State Sen. Ron Gould, R-Lake Havasu City, says he has a simple solution; extend the alcohol ban at Rotary Park into the Channel and to London Bridge Beach.
“If you don’t have people sitting around there all day long drinking, they not going to be engaged in lewd behavior,” he said.
Gould said a second benefit is that without people sitting around drinking in parked boats, they wouldnÂ’t have to idle to keep batteries charged for stereos, which would eliminate the carbon monoxide problem.

TCHB
09-13-2005, 06:09 PM
I am not supriised about this possible change. Along most state and city beaches no alcohol is allowed. I think it is a matter of time before this happens.

h2oski2fast
09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Bye, bye English Village.
BTW, they are already enforcing the idling boat rule. The guy doesn't even know what's going on there.

Jordy
09-13-2005, 06:15 PM
“If you don’t have people sitting around there all day long drinking, they not going to be engaged in lewd behavior,” he said.
Wow, so it's alcohol that makes people behave in a lewd fashion???? Cool. :D :D :D
Gould said a second benefit is that without people sitting around drinking in parked boats, they wouldnÂ’t have to idle to keep batteries charged for stereos, which would eliminate the carbon monoxide problem.
This guy has it all figured out. :rolleyes:
The sad thing is, this guy probably worked months on this little idea of his. :cool:

Jyruiz
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Sooner or later it is going to get like Palm Springs.

Scape Goat
09-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Drinking is where the money's at
when I drink there I spend easily a couple hundred on stupid stuff, but when I don't drink I won't spend a dime. Only the gas and the food I bought,
p.s. I don't know about anyone else but I like to disquise my beer in a coke can.

Ultrafied
09-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Yup, you are correct! and for all those that think it will never happen because of "how much they spend", Palm Springs is still very much economically viable without the crowds they didn't want.

Havasu Hangin'
09-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Rumor has it that one of our board members got a $100 ticket in the channel this weekend...
...something about being too lazy to walk to the trash can and "zero tolorance"? :cry:

Huckleberry
09-14-2005, 04:08 AM
This Senator is a friggin moron! (I know that's repetitive as Senator = MORON) I can't believe anyone listens to the dribble he spews. Because a boater drinks alcohol, they also listen to their stereo and therefore have to run their engine to charge their batteries.
What about the boaters who do not drink alcohol, or those who do but don't get shitfaced and rip off their clothes while boating??? We don't kick back in the channel and listen to our stereos? Crawl back into your little cave Senator Gould, you political hack!

Sherpa
09-14-2005, 05:25 AM
if your boat is beached, the motor must to be turned off. period.
sounds like the drinking ban is a good thing. come on, you guys all know it's
coming........ too many idiots, too many rules will follow.
as for idling motors, just for stereo's, that just retarded..........
--Sherpa

superdave013
09-14-2005, 06:14 AM
What, full of fags? I sure hope not! :yuk:

WaTchTheGelCoat
09-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Yup, you are correct! and for all those that think it will never happen because of "how much they spend", Palm Springs is still very much economically viable without the crowds they didn't want.
Um, no its not. Have you been to downtown PS lately? Ask any of the store owners there and they will tell you, they wish it was as wild as years past. In fact, most of them make 85% of thier yearly income on the Harley weekend!

WaTchTheGelCoat
09-14-2005, 07:55 AM
What, full of fags? I sure hope not! :yuk:
Its not all fags, we have lezbians too. lol

Miss Perfect
09-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Just another reason to say...well, you know what I like to say :)
Right back at ya! :wink: