PDA

View Full Version : Active Thunder boats

INSman
09-14-2005, 08:03 AM
I am liking this boat but know nothing of the company, anyone have any experience with this hull or mfg. ??
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294active_thunder.jpg

Beer-30
09-14-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't know much about them, either - except that is a pretty agressive step! Damn.
Not meaning to jack here, but I saw you pulling the Shockwave up Jamaica from Acoma on Labor Day. We were headed downhill, but I wasn't in the Dually. Ended up taking a friends 4x4 Duramax (red also), but the boat was behind in tow. Didn't realize it was you will we passed each other. Lake was quiet.

Magic34
09-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Blane call me later today. A friend and I have looked at them and he bought their cat (used) that he had repainted. A 37' V built in the past 2 years are nice, before that, I don't think the quality was there. Now, they are really nice.

INSman
09-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Blane call me later today. A friend and I have looked at them and he bought their cat (used) that he had repainted. A 37' V built in the past 2 years are nice, before that, I don't think the quality was there. Now, they are really nice.
I knew you would find this thread and reply !!!

Steamin' Rice
09-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Blane, you are on the wrong website to find information on boating... Try going to offshoreonly.com for a lot of info about Active Thunders..... :messedup:

INSman
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Blane, you are on the wrong website to find information on boating... Try going to offshoreonly.com for a lot of info about Active Thunders..... :messedup:
That site wants money, no likey that ... :D

Quality Time
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Only to see pictures. Getting input on boats is free
:p

Steamin' Rice
09-15-2005, 09:56 AM
It's only like $45 or $50 per year, and you get a T shirt or DVD as part of your membership, all for less than it costs to fill up your truck with fuel. :cool:
There are a lot of experts on OSO and the free advice is worth the cost of membership to me.. I'm pretty sure that the people who build Active Thunders post on OSO

INSman
09-15-2005, 10:07 AM
It's only like $45 or $50 per year, and you get a T shirt or DVD as part of your membership, all for less than it costs to fill up your truck with fuel. :cool:
There are a lot of experts on OSO and the free advice is worth the cost of membership to me.. I'm pretty sure that the people who build Active Thunders post on OSO
I posted a thread over there yesterday and am getting positive feedback on these boats so far. Seems like it could turn out to be a fairly economical solution to a larger performance 'V'

TrickMarine.net
09-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Pat at Active Thunder builds a great boat.

INSman
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Pat at Active Thunder builds a great boat.
Is Pat still the builder with the Chief merger and is there any truth to a change in hulls in recent years ??

Magic34
09-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Seems like it could turn out to be a fairly economical solution to a larger performance 'V'
Economical = cheap ass
Just kidding. Inserting myself in your thread again, now seeing myself out.
I like the boats for what it is worth. The interiors have become really nice in those as well.

TrickMarine.net
09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Is Pat still the builder with the Chief merger and is there any truth to a change in hulls in recent years ??
Pat still builds them.

INSman
09-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Economical = cheap ass
Just kidding. Inserting myself in your thread again, now seeing myself out.
I like the boats for what it is worth. The interiors have become really nice in those as well.
I wouldn't say Cheap Ass, but I do look for value without having the desire to "over-spend" !!! :D

Dusty Times
09-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Try contacting Todd at http://www.az***boats.com/
He had a 37' built a couple of years ago. The boat was called "Monsoon" and was in Havasu at poker runs and alot of other weekends. It was one of the nicest boats that size I've seen. He sold it recently but I don't think it had anything to do with the boat.

TrickMarine.net
09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Try contacting Todd at http://www.az***boats.com/
He had a 37' built a couple of years ago. The boat was called "Monsoon" and was in Havasu at poker runs and alot of other weekends. It was one of the nicest boats that size I've seen. He sold it recently but I don't think it had anything to do with the boat.
Monsoon is now located on the east coast. The owner is a customer of mine and a poster over on OSO.
Monsoon is awesome. :D
A friend from Las Vegas recently sold his 37 A-T. It's still out west some where.

Dusty Times
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Monsoon is now located on the east coast. The owner is a customer ofmine and a poster over on OSO.
Monsoon is awesome. :D
A friend from Las Vegas recently sold his 37 A-T. It's still our west some where.
I remember when the new east coast owner bought it from Todd (of Arizona). All of the posts on OSO confirmed what a great boat it was and is.
I would definitly recomend an Active Thunder boat.

SoCalOffshore
09-23-2005, 06:53 AM
i know they have a very aggresive "step." I heard a couple or few have rolled. they do look sweet though. do a search on OSO, they were discussing one of the roll over incidents a year or so ago.

INSman
09-23-2005, 07:49 AM
i know they have a very aggresive "step." I heard a couple or few have rolled. they do look sweet though. do a search on OSO, they were discussing one of the roll over incidents a year or so ago.
I heard an Outerlimuts rolled at Smoke this year, doesn't mean a poorly designed hull, with or without steps, likely driver error :idea: :supp: :jawdrop: :D

FASTERDAMITT
09-23-2005, 03:15 PM
It's kinda like owning an HTM. You know it gets to it's limit faster than most, but where is it?????? Just hope you don't have to find out. How sharp do you turn before a spin happens and passengers are all over the water! There have been several Outerlimits in spins ect.. Makes you wonder. I havn't heard of the Active Thunder limitations yet.