PDA

View Full Version : BAC and Commercial drivers.

Danhercules
09-15-2005, 07:07 AM
There have been discussions on here if your BAC allowed of a CDL, (.01) is that same when you are driving your personal car (.08). There is a diffrence. Same as when you get a ticket. if your driving yoru truck, it goes to your CDL, if your in your car, is kept seperate.
NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
As of Tues of next week, Ca is passing new laws. to become compliante with the Federal Motor Carrier Saftey Act.
As of next tues, if you have a CDL, and get a ticket driving the kids to school in the mini van, it goes agenst your CDL, and whats worse, NO TRAFFIC SCHOOL!!!!!! That means no traffic school ever for anyone with a CDL.
Now to the BAC. If you are in your mini van home from the bar or a party, your bac has to be under .01, same as in your commercial truck.
The new law is the federal law. The paper said that many other states are changing too, but did not list them.

Sleek-Jet
09-15-2005, 07:11 AM
There have been discussions on here if your BAC allowed of a CDL, (.01) is that same when you are driving your personal car (.08). There is a diffrence. Same as when you get a ticket. if your driving yoru truck, it goes to your CDL, if your in your car, is kept seperate.
NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
As of Tues of next week, Ca is passing new laws. to become compliante with the Federal Motor Carrier Saftey Act.
As of next tues, if you have a CDL, and get a ticket driving the kids to school in the mini van, it goes agenst your CDL, and whats worse, NO TRAFFIC SCHOOL!!!!!! That means no traffic school ever for anyone with a CDL.
Now to the BAC. If you are in your mini van home from the bar or a party, your bac has to be under .01, same as in your commercial truck.
The new law is the federal law. The paper said that many other states are changing too, but did not list them.
It's been that way in Colorado for a few years now. Any infraction while you're driving a personal vehicle is held against your CDL.

Danhercules
09-15-2005, 07:14 AM
It's been that way in Colorado for a few years now. Any infraction while you're driving a personal vehicle is held against your CDL.
All states will be like this. CA is just catching up. Many other states are too. But there are lots that are already in comliance with the Fed laws.

Keithb87
09-15-2005, 07:42 AM
I was just in a meeting the other day and all of this was stated for Arizona too. They also went on to say that ALL moving violations for some one with a CDL will stay on your record for EVER.
This will eventauly be ACROSS THE USA. Some states are just catching up.

H20 Toie
09-15-2005, 07:43 AM
good i don't have to waste my time on traffic school anymore. :wink:

raff
09-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Here you go I got this at work the other day.......
Prep your drivers for the disqualification rules
September 30, 2005, marks the date when states are required to implement the commercial driver’s license (CDL) disqualification rules that were issued in 2002. Once fully in place, the rules will require states to disqualify drivers for offenses committed in any type of vehicle, including personal cars and pickups. In some cases, drivers could lose their CDLs forever.
As states begin to put these rules into place, now is the time to make sure your drivers are aware of the types of convictions that could result in a loss of driving privileges.
Major offenses
The following offenses — in any type of vehicle — could result in the disqualification of your CDL for one year after one conviction or up to life after two convictions:
 Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs,
 Refusing an alcohol test,
 Leaving the scene of an accident, or
 Using a vehicle to commit a felony.
Other major offenses include driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) with an invalid license and causing a fatality through the negligent operation of a CMV.
Serious traffic violations
Being convicted of two or more of these serious traffic violations in any type of vehicle within a three-year period could result in CDL disqualification for 60-120 days if the state revokes, cancels, or suspends your driving privileges:
 Speeding by 15 mph or more,
 Driving recklessly,
 Making improper or erratic lane changes,
 Following too closely, or
 Violating a traffic control law in connection with a fatal accident.
Other serious traffic violations include driving a CMV without a CDL or without having the proper endorsements.
As under the “old” rules, CMV drivers can also be disqualified for violating out-of-service orders or committing railroad-highway grade crossing violations.
While drivers may have had luck in the past at getting convictions removed from their driving records, their luck may soon run out. Under the new rules, states will be prohibited from masking, deferring judgment, or allowing a driver to enter a diversion program that would prevent a conviction from appearing on the driver's record, no matter which state the offense occurred in.
Dates
The revised disqualification rules, primarily found in 49 CFR §383.51, were issued on July 31, 2002, and took effect on September 30, 2002. States were given three years — until September 30, 2005 — to implement the changes. Check with your state to determine when the rules were or will be implemented.
Note that the disqualification rules in §391.15, applicable to all commercial drivers (not limited to those who hold a CDL), were not changed.
Mark out

KACHINA KEN
09-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah they will ease up on all that when there are no more drivers to get their shit around.

jbtrailerjim
09-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah they will ease up on all that when there are no more drivers to get their shit around.
Isn't it already getting like that now? Everyone of my customers has a hard time finding qualified drivers. Owner operators are even harder to find.

lucky
09-15-2005, 08:50 AM
what do you mean WHEN ??? I Couldn't find a decent driver If i gave them free pussy :confused:

lucky
09-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Isn't it already getting like that now? Everyone of my customers has a hard time finding qualified drivers. Owner operators are even harder to find.
I agree - all our owner opps are becoming "in house " which means we sold them our trucks .. NOT effecting their credit :D

6 Dollar Boat
09-15-2005, 09:21 AM
There is allready a shortage...at my work 10 drivers have quit in the last 2 months, we only had 35 drivers to start with...the company has flown in drivers from FL and GA to cover routes.

Sleek-Jet
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
what do you mean WHEN ??? I Couldn't find a decent driver If i gave them free pussy :confused:
Are we talking lot lizard here or primo snatch????

lucky
09-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Are we talking lot lizard here or primo snatch????
shit at $1,000 sighn on bonus and our recruiters wages - i'm thinking primo - I might even be able to swing Hughes #2 biatch :D