PDA

View Full Version : Havasu is down a few feet

Magic34
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Here is a picture I took from the web cam just minutes ago. Notice the waterline on the rocks.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368havasu_low.jpg

Mrs. 4-B
09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Holy shiat....I guess we won't be going to the sandbar anytime soon! :cry:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-15-2005, 11:18 AM
DAMN! That's almost getting to the level they ahd it at when the re-did the ramp at the south end of the lake.

SCUBA STEVE
09-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a perfect time for some one to buy my jet boat and use it! :cool:

Mrs. 4-B
09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a perfect time for some one to buy my jet boat and use it! :cool:
sorry - sold our jet boat last year and bought the deck boat! :cool:

Water Romper
09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
We noticed more “islands” in and around the coves this past weekend….Some were not exactly “out of the way” either…some of you night time boater peeps better be super careful…rocks are popping up everywhere… :frown:
What does this do to the access to the gorge from Windsor Beach??? :confused:

dr. margarita
09-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the warning!!!

Jyruiz
09-15-2005, 12:18 PM
I can't see the pic, and I hope it does not keep going down. I will be out there this weekend.

Magic34
09-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Here is another picture. This is just past the launch dock straight across from the fuel docks at the Marina.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368Havasu_low_2.jpg

Mrs. casean
09-15-2005, 12:56 PM
We're headed to Moabi early in the morning w/ a few 29' boats! Maybe they shouldn't bring them out!

Ultracrazy
09-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Anybody know what the Topock looks like water wise? Is it down also??

Mrs. casean
09-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Anybody know what the Topock looks like water wise? Is it down also??
I'd like to know too so I can plan on my Topock screwdriver Saturday morning or not??? :D Priorities!!!

Ultracrazy
09-15-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd like to know too so I can plan on my Topock screwdriver Saturday morning or not??? :D Priorities!!!
Yep......or a bloody Mary or two. IF the water is down though......no bueno to launch at Topock.

Mrs. casean
09-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Yep......or a bloody Mary or two. IF the water is down though......no bueno to launch at Topock.
Some will be there for the bloody's in our group... me... I'm all about the screwdriver :D Maybe we'll see you there! If you see a 29' scarab & 29' commander... we should be there! We'll be at Moabi :D Hopefully the water will be up enough!

riverroyal
09-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Black meadow landing should be fun,is it as low as it was in april?

JB in so cal
09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Black meadow landing should be fun,is it as low as it was in april?
Just walk down to the right (as you're facing the water) side and look for the seam in the concrete. In April, it was below that seam. 2 weeks ago, it was about 1 1/2 feet above it.

Ultracrazy
09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Some will be there for the bloody's in our group... me... I'm all about the screwdriver :D Maybe we'll see you there! If you see a 29' scarab & 29' commander... we should be there! We'll be at Moabi :D Hopefully the water will be up enough!
Won't be there till the 23rd......but if you see a 24ft Yellow and Gray Ultra.....the screwdrivers will be on me :D
Oh......and if you go this weekend....send all reports to me :cool:

Nord
09-15-2005, 05:41 PM
I just got back, It was a couple feet down, I launched out of Jack Smith and drove up to the channel, but the Sandbars were definately more out of the water.

Second "PLACE"
09-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Won't be there till the 23rd......but if you see a 24ft Yellow and Gray Ultra.....the screwdrivers will be on me :D
Oh......and if you go this weekend....send all reports to me :cool:
.............I'll look for ya. We'll be on #14 that weekend. :D

Ultracrazy
09-15-2005, 06:17 PM
.............I'll look for ya. We'll be on #14 that weekend. :D
Alright......sounds good. :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Looks like it's down even more.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6143Marina.jpg

Magic34
09-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Looks like it's down even more.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6143Marina.jpg
That's a lot more.

Magic34
09-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Another comparison from yesterday to today.
Yesterday
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368Havasu_low_2.jpg
Today
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368havasu_low_3.jpg

Jyruiz
09-16-2005, 08:24 AM
I wonder if they are going to raise it any for the weekend.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2005, 08:32 AM
I wonder if they are going to raise it any for the weekend.
This is the e-mail response a buddy of mine got when he e-mailed the Bureau of Reclamation regarding the water level of Havasu:
Our current lake levels for Lake Havasu are within our operational limit of 445.8 feet (ft) mean sea level (msl) to 449.6 ft msl. Operationally we have planned to decrease Lake Havasu to elevation 446.5 feet by the end of September. Our daily Parker Dam water orders are set by our Yuma Water peration Office. Within the past week these water orders have increased over earlier estimates. We are in the process of increasing the generation demand from Hoover Dam (this is set monthly) to release more water into Lake Mohave and subsequently into Lake Havasu. We will be accomplishing that within the next day; this will be accomplished after we receive updated water orders from our Yuma Water Operations personnel today.
This lower lake level at Lake Havasu is also being coordinated with our plans to lower Lake Mohave beginning this month and into this fall. The lowering of Lake Mohave is for the annual fish capture of Razorback Suckers in the backwater areas. Our biologist need Lake Mohave lower to aide in decreasing the backwater water levels to they may net the adult
Razorbacks. Lake Mohave will be lowered to 630.5 feet by the end of November. To assure that Lake Mohave elevations are met we will use Lake Havasu as the regulating reservoir; in other words Lake Havasu will take the swings of water operation changes. Other factors involved in our operational considerations are weather, downstream water orders, diversions by Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the Central Arizona Project from Lake Havasu.

hot_diggity_dog
09-16-2005, 08:33 AM
This is the e-mail response a buddy of mine got when he e-mailed the Bureau of Reclamation regarding the water level of Havasu:
Our current lake levels for Lake Havasu are within our operational limit of 445.8 feet (ft) mean sea level (msl) to 449.6 ft msl. Operationally we have planned to decrease Lake Havasu to elevation 446.5 feet by the end of September. Our daily Parker Dam water orders are set by our Yuma Water peration Office. Within the past week these water orders have increased over earlier estimates. We are in the process of increasing the generation demand from Hoover Dam (this is set monthly) to release more water into Lake Mohave and subsequently into Lake Havasu. We will be accomplishing that within the next day; this will be accomplished after we receive updated water orders from our Yuma Water Operations personnel today.
This lower lake level at Lake Havasu is also being coordinated with our plans to lower Lake Mohave beginning this month and into this fall. The lowering of Lake Mohave is for the annual fish capture of Razorback Suckers in the backwater areas. Our biologist need Lake Mohave lower to aide in decreasing the backwater water levels to they may net the adult
Razorbacks. Lake Mohave will be lowered to 630.5 feet by the end of November. To assure that Lake Mohave elevations are met we will use Lake Havasu as the regulating reservoir; in other words Lake Havasu will take the swings of water operation changes. Other factors involved in our operational considerations are weather, downstream water orders, diversions by Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the Central Arizona Project from Lake Havasu.
You beat me to it.
Here's what I found out from the Bureau of Reclamation:
Our current lake levels for Lake Havasu are within our operational
limit of 445.8 feet (ft) mean sea level (msl) to 449.6 ft msl.
Operationally we have planned to decrease Lake Havasu to elevation 446.5
feet by the end of September. Our daily Parker Dam water orders are set
by our Yuma Water Operation Office. Within the past week these water
orders have increased over earlier estimates. We are in the process of
increasing the generation demand from Hoover Dam (this is set monthly)
to release more water into Lake Mohave and subsequently into Lake
Havasu. We will be accomplishing that within the next day; this will be
accomplished after we receive updated water orders from our Yuma Water
Operations personnel today.
This lower lake level at Lake Havasu is also being coordinated with
our plans to lower Lake Mohave beginning this month and into this fall.
The lowering of Lake Mohave is for the annual fish capture of Razorback
Suckers in the backwater areas. Our biologist need Lake Mohave lower to
aide in decreasing the backwater water levels to they may net the adult
Razorbacks. Lake Mohave will be lowered to 630.5 feet by the end of
November. To assure that Lake Mohave elevations are met we will use
Lake Havasu as the regulating reservoir; in other words Lake Havasu will
take the swings of water operation changes. Other factors involved in
our operational considerations are weather, downstream water orders,
diversions by Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the
Central Arizona Project from Lake Havasu.
The above was from a Bureau of Reclamation Engineer.
HDD

BarryMac
09-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Wow, a JetBoat is sounding pretty good to you guys about now, huhh??? :D :D :D

JB in so cal
09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Think back to when/if you were on the lake during these time periods:
April 1 =446.7 feet elevation
April 17 =446.2
Memorial =448.1
Father's day=449.1
July 4th =448.0
Labor Day =447.2
Big swing for a season...

riverroyal
09-16-2005, 11:27 AM
that 1st couple of weeks in april at black meadow we couldnt launch,had to go to the springs,,,the last 2 weekend trips this month may suck