PDA

View Full Version : 572-Recipe's

phillyray
09-20-2001, 03:38 PM
I know there's some motor builders out here, SOOOoooo. give up some recipe's for a (carbed) 572 I'll be in the basement cooking something up this winter.I want it BIG,BAD, and it has to (cruise) all day at 5 grand!...ok make that 4500.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-20-2001, 06:34 PM
How bout a 632ci motor that will run 5800 ALLDAY and idle at 900 rpm? 800hp on pump gas. I just happen to have one or all the parts you will need to build a 572/632. BLOWNDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM

superdave013
09-21-2001, 07:37 AM
[This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited September 21, 2001).]

phillyray
09-21-2001, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by BLOWNDRAGBOAT:
How bout a 632ci motor that will run 5800 ALLDAY and idle at 900 rpm? 800hp on pump gas. I just happen to have one or all the parts you will need to build a 572/632. BLOWNDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM Now ya went and did it....I'am really scratching my head now....talk to me about some motor parts.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-25-2001, 08:43 PM
Got everything you can think of from mild to wild. From cars to blown and injected on alcohol. Tell me what you need. I have a bowtie block, venolia pistons and venolia rods ready to install to make 632ci. All the machine work has been done and all the clearances checked. It was in my boat until I spun a bearing. Haven't done that in years. Anyway, I have a NEW MSD ignition setup, NEW TCI rattler balancer,heads,roller rockers, NEW B&M 420 Megablower ECT.................. Just tell me what you need. On PUMP GAS and 7 pounds of boost,this motor made approx. 900hp @ 5900 rpm. Race gas,32 degree's of advance and 10 pounds produced approx. 1012hp. Anything more than that and you get limited by the heads and blower. In a 19 Daytona on WIMP MODE of 7 pounds, went 126 mph. GPS AND RADAR verified. My new motor is a blown alcohol all aluminum 705ci motor using a kobelco 14:71 blower. Anyway, thats why I have so many 632 parts forsale.

Blown Lavey
09-25-2001, 10:36 PM
What do you want for the complete set up and what kind of idle ? Would be used in a boat with a bravo drive (dont want to bang in and out of gear or have to time to a down lobe).How many over bores on a set up like this and life expectancy? Valve train adjustments,how often what kind of heads valve train ectera?
Thanks Garry

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-27-2001, 08:49 AM
I want 8000 for everything. As far as boring...To get to 632ci, you must bore to 4.60 assuming your gonna run a 4.75 stroke crank. Any cylinder damage that may occur from this point forward is gonna have to be repaired with a sleeve. There are blocks out there that can go a bit more but most start at about 3500 bucks and go up from there. In all the years I have been doing this, I have never had a cylinder problem. Most of it has been bearing related or valve spring related. I switched to a different type of bearing specificly for blower motors and havn't had a bearing related failure yet. KNOCK ON WOOD. AS far as idle...Blowers have a tendancy to TAME a wild camshaft. My gas motors idle around 800rpm. depending on the motor and setup of course that varies. My big inch nitrous motors idle around 900 but its a pretty nasty idle even then. Lots of compression and lots of camshaft in these type of motors. As long as your not slamming the drive in and out of gear at any type of higher rpm than your bravo will live fine. I also don't recommend going from a dead stop to slamming the throttle wide open either. THIS WILL KILL your outdrive. One last thing. A bravo is good for between 500-600hp. Anything above that and they need a ton of modifications so it's gonna be a trade off. How much can your wallet stand? If you don't have a spare drive at your disposal and don't want to step up to a #6 drive than I would keep your motor around 600hp TO BE SAFE and not tear up stuff. IMCO makes a bunch of stuff to beef up a bravo but its very simply this; a bravo wasn't made to stand up to that much torque and horsepower. Mercury DOES offer big blower motors up to a SC1000 but they also sell these big SC motors with larger drives. Hope it helps. If you need more info email me at BLOWNDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM. I have an idea that just may be of help to ya.