PDA

View Full Version : New Garage Soon in Havasu

TCHB
09-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I will be starting our new garage in Havasu in a couple of weeks.
It is a RV garage with a patio along one complete side to match the existing home. The garage door will be 20wide and 14ft tall. The building size will be a little over 28 wide and 45 deep. The garage will be finished with drywall inside, lights, sky lights, and a second garage door on the back side. He says he can finish by December 31. I will keep you posted on the progress.

djunkie
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
I will be starting our new garage in Havasu in a couple of weeks.
It is a RV garage with a patio along one complete side to match the existing home. The garage door will be 20wide and 14ft tall. The building size will be a little over 28 wide and 45 deep. The garage will be finished with drywall inside, lights, sky lights, and a second garage door on the back side. He says he can finish by December 31. I will keep you posted on the progress.
I don't suppose you would be willing to post what that is costing. We are thinking of building another garage on the side of our house there too.

Garrddogg
09-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Congrats Tony! its gonna be bad ass!
Ill be out this weekend with the kids gotto git the boat from savage and be there for furniture delivery!! maybe ill see ya out there!

TCHB
09-16-2005, 05:15 PM
The garage will be close to $80K complete turn key. We have added alot of extra concrete around it and will be going 6 inch thick. I am having them put an outdoor shower, outdoor lights, sewer hook up, xtra power, and some other details. Our house is southwestern style and everything will match the existing house. The new garage will be built as a seperate structure on our lot.

TCHB
09-16-2005, 05:16 PM
We will see you out there Gary. How was lake Powell??

phebus
09-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Who are you using as your contractor? I'm looking at doing the same thing in the future.

djunkie
09-16-2005, 05:18 PM
The garage will be close to $80K complete turn key. We have added alot of extra concrete around it and will be going 6 inch thick. I am having them put an outdoor shower, outdoor lights, sewer hook up, xtra power, and some other details. Our house is southwestern style and everything will match the existing house. The new garage will be built as a seperate structure on our lot.
Sounds like it will be pretty nice. I don't think we would have one that big and really don't need all the extras you got except for the electrical. Look forward to seeing it.

TCHB
09-16-2005, 05:22 PM
I am using a guy named Jeff that used to manage the construction for CB homes in Havasu. He has went on his own and is doing smaller jobs like this one. He did another job for me and he was on time, job site clean, and the price did not change. He is honest, and knows what he is doing. He is not your typical contractor in Havasu.

phebus
09-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Could you do me a favor, and PM me with his contact info? Not something I'm doing right away, but definately a future project.
Thanks

franky
09-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I did the same thing only it is attached to the existing garage. 26' W x 50' D, 18' x 13.5' door, door in back, skylites, outside floods, sink, air lines in the walls, 220 for mil, lathe, welders, compressor, 15' ceiling, storage, swamper, interior finished. Paid subs direct, some cash $40K.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I am using a guy named Jeff that used to manage the construction for CB homes in Havasu.
From what I understand, CB homes builds very nice qualiy homes. They are putting one in up the street from us and it looks really nice. Big ass garage as well! Phuckers! :p

SummitKarl
09-16-2005, 06:38 PM
HEY WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I give HB discounts :confused:
don't forget my remodeling and addition company "CH Construction" :D
we do it all

TCHB
09-16-2005, 07:09 PM
$40K sounds pretty good. I do not have time to mess with it and just want a quality job done with no hassles. Everytime I get a low bid job it turns out to be a big hassle.

Focker
09-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING A FOCKIN DOWN PAYMENT ON A BOAT INCLUDED FOR THAT PRICE

SummitKarl
09-16-2005, 10:25 PM
I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING A FOCKIN DOWN PAYMENT ON A BOAT INCLUDED FOR THAT PRICE
Actually the price is in line for a 14ft high (conventional) garage addition
28*45*62 = $ 78.120.00 would be my Turn Key Bid
-3% HB discount=$75.776.40

Krumbsnatcher
09-17-2005, 07:52 AM
That is more than i paid for my whole havasu house

SummitKarl
09-17-2005, 07:59 AM
That is more than i paid for my whole havasu house
Me Too... :D and I got a 1/2 acre to boot :D :D

uvindex
09-17-2005, 08:28 AM
That is more than i paid for my whole havasu houseMe too. Key word is "paid" as in past tense. :)

prosthogod
09-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey sumitkarl, do you do block walls or know a sub for cash?

SummitKarl
09-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Me too. Key word is "paid" as in past tense. :)
SOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!! that is the key "PAID FOR" I may not have the coolest boat, or the Bigest truck.......but man I sleep like a log at night :D

SummitKarl
09-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey sumitkarl, do you do block walls or know a sub for cash?
yea I got a couple of hook ups for ya,
Start with the best Joe Vitella Masonery, if he is too much I have other subs on my list, but I highly recommend Joe, because he does what he says he will WHEN!!! he says he will do it. Can't beat that in Havasu

TCHB
09-17-2005, 10:46 AM
The bid I have is very detailed down to the paint to match exisiting house. If I want to take any part of the project I can do it myself but as I said no time.
Concrete guys how much is a pad 55 feet wide 60 deep, 6 inch thick and footings for the structre?

SummitKarl
09-17-2005, 11:06 AM
The bid I have is very detailed down to the paint to match exisiting house. If I want to take any part of the project I can do it myself but as I said no time.
Concrete guys how much is a pad 55 feet wide 60 deep, 6 inch thick and footings for the structre?
4" $3.75 per sq. ft
6" $4.35 per sq ft
w/mesh add $3k
be very carefull here Mohave county sets your property tax by the amount of concrete on your property.......use pavers when ever possiable :D

franky
09-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Actually the price is in line for a 14ft high (conventional) garage addition
28*45*62 = $ 78.120.00 would be my Turn Key Bid
-3% HB discount=$75.776.40
It has a 14' high door, would that make it "conventional height 14' "? seems that you would have to have at least 18" above the header for the door/opener. I have a 13.5' door and 15' ceiling height. clue me in.

franky
09-17-2005, 12:01 PM
HEY WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I give HB discounts :confused:
don't forget my remodeling and addition company "CH Construction" :D
we do it all
didn't see CH Construction on the AZ Contractor Registrar as a licensed contractor. is this new? :idea:

TCHB
09-17-2005, 12:09 PM
The print says 15.5 feet from top of stem??

Tom Brown
09-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I've been thinking about getting one of those resin garden tool lockers for my back yard. The next time they go on sale, I'll be all over it. :cool: