PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone service providers

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2006, 10:17 AM
I know this has been talked about numerous times but I'm hoping to maybe get some more current information.
I currently have Verizon, which for a time was great. However, the coverage at my home in La Verne is spotty at best and of course the ability to complete calls in Havasu is just a joke. I'm thinking of switching to Cingular in July when my contract is up. Any one have experience with Cingular in La Verne, North of Foothill and East of San Dimas Canyon? Also, what about Cingular service in Havasu, McCulloch/Jamaica area? Thanks for any information.

ChumpChange
05-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I have had every single type of carrier possible in La Verne and ended up with Verizon. Of course, I'm now one city over from you. Did you go to Bonita? I was class of 97 there.
You're right about LHC. They are a joke there! I'm pretty sure everybody is though.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
I have had every single type of carrier possible in La Verne and ended up with Verizon. Of course, I'm now one city over from you. Did you go to Bonita? I was class of 97 there.
You're right about LHC. They are a joke there! I'm pretty sure everybody is though.
Temple City, class of.....89, I'm old..... Moved to La Verne in March. I live close to the intersectioin of San Dimas Canyon and Foothill, so I'm barely in La Verne! :crossx: My friends that have Cingular get a good signal at my house, those of us with Verizon barely get a signal.

TrojanDan
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
How old is your Verizon Phone? I had a two and a half year old LG Phone and my house reception in Havasu sucked. Upgraded to a new 8100 LG phone and now my house reception in Havasu is excellent. Just a thought.

pm069
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Temple City, class of.....89, I'm old..... Moved to La Verne in March. I live close to the intersectioin of San Dimas Canyon and Foothill, so I'm barely in La Verne! :crossx: My friends that have Cingular get a good signal at my house, those of us with Verizon barely get a signal.
Old my azz... your both kids! WTF over, I'm not old damnit, just experinced. Cingular works b!tchen nearly everywhere I go. Love it.

h2oski2fast
05-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I know this has been talked about numerous times but I'm hoping to maybe get some more current information.
I currently have Verizon, which for a time was great. However, the coverage at my home in La Verne is spotty at best and of course the ability to complete calls in Havasu is just a joke. I'm thinking of switching to Cingular in July when my contract is up. Any one have experience with Cingular in La Verne, North of Foothill and East of San Dimas Canyon? Also, what about Cingular service in Havasu, McCulloch/Jamaica area? Thanks for any information.
I have no problems at all making or receiving calls in Havasu w/ Verizon. Might be your phone.

lalhc
05-09-2006, 11:52 AM
HD - Give me a call @ 909-522-4761. I sell both Sprint and Nextel service. I also grew up in La Verne (Bonita Class of '84) and most of my family still lives there. I'll probably be @ T Phillips or Warehouse this Sunday!

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
How old is your Verizon Phone? I had a two and a half year old LG Phone and my house reception in Havasu sucked. Upgraded to a new 8100 LG phone and now my house reception at in Havasu is excellent. Just a thougth.
This is my third LG phone. The first one was new the last two have been 'refurbished models. It works fine in other places but sucks ass in my house.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
HD - Give me a call @ 909-522-4761. I sell both Sprint and Nextel service. I also grew up in La Verne (Bonita Class of '84) and most of my family still lives there. I'll probably be @ T Phillips or Warehouse this Sunday!
Should I wait until my contract is up in July before calling you?

lalhc
05-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Ya, if it's up in July, just wait. Both Sprint and Nextel work quite well in La Verne. Sprint is the dominant carrier in Havasu. I carry one of each just so I'm familiar w/both markets. I just left Sprint/Nextel to go on my own after working for Nextel as a National Account Manager for over 8 1/2 years. Call me anytime w/questions.