PDA

View Full Version : Bad Accident-Hwy 95-LHC

Boatcop
09-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Just passed through Havasu within the past hour. Got diverted from HWY 95 due to a multi-car accident.
Looked like a Semi, Mini P/U, SUV and boat involved. The boat was off the trailer in the middle of the Hwy. 30ish foot white and blue cruiser. Name on the stern was "Charmed".
Not sure if any or extent of injuries.

ColeTR2
09-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Was it up near the Havasu City, or on the way from Parker to Havasu? hope everyone is OK!

my21advantage
09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Doesn't sound good, keep us updated

Biglue
09-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Hope no one is seriously injured

Parker Dreamin
09-18-2005, 12:40 PM
HOpe everybody is okay...

Boatcop
09-18-2005, 01:25 PM
The accident was just north of the Water Safety Center/Contact Point.
Between there and the Aquatic Center.

sxpilot
09-18-2005, 01:43 PM
The accident is right down my street on Hwy 95..
Real bad, it looked like it was a Head on colision..older Ford single cab with a Tomy lift that had the worst damage, basicaly from what I could see the Ford was in a slight Taco shape, rolled and ejected the driver...the truck pulling the Formula 32' also smashed the front end...the boat is listing on its side...there was also another truck and boat on the oppisite side of the road that didnt appear to have any damage...by the way I did not see the accident, this was just from my neighbor, from what he gathered...im sure someone will have the facts..
Very sad to see this kind if shit go down on a Hwy that has a speed limit of 45 F-ing MPH...people NEED TO SLOW THE FOCK DOWN WHEN THEY COME TO HAVASU!!!!Leave the racing for the Lake!!!!
By the way I live on Jamaica right by the bend, I see it all day long people driving like there in a race...
SLOW DOWN PLEASE>..
ok my soap box just broke...

sxpilot
09-18-2005, 02:04 PM
I mean no disrespect by posting this pic, just giving people a chance to see just how bad this was...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3001crash_002.jpg

Riverkid
09-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Jeeze that looks bad... :( Hope they are all OK.

RiverRatMike
09-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I mean no disrespect by posting this pic, just giving people a chance to see just how bad this was...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3001crash_002.jpg
that's a Ford Ranger on that flat bed. I believe he had a little tommy lift on the back in place of the tailgate. I see that guy driving everywhere and was just driving behind him the other early morning on my way to work. Also know just where that guy lives. Just a couple of blocks from me. I believe he was a elderly man.

RiverRatMike
09-18-2005, 02:25 PM
The accident is right down my street on Hwy 95..
Real bad, they landed the Heli in the middle of 95 from what I understsand and Medi-Vac people out...it looked like it was a Head on colision..older Ford 3/4 ton single cab with a Tomy lift that had the worst damage, basicaly from what I could see the Ford was in a slight Taco shape, rolled and ejected the driver and passenger needed the door pulled open...the truck pulling the Formula 30' also smashed the front end...the boat is listing on its side...there was also another truck and boat on the oppisite side of the road that didnt appear to have any damage...by the way I did not see the accident, this was just from my neighbor, from what he gathered...im sure someone will have the facts..
Very sad to see this kind if shit go down on a Hwy that has a speed limit of 45 F-ing MPH...people NEED TO SLOW THE FOCK DOWN WHEN THEY COME TO HAVASU!!!!Leave the racing for the Lake!!!!
By the way I live on Jamaica right by the bend, I see it all day long people driving like there in a race...
SLOW DOWN PLEASE>..
ok my soap box just broke...
the speed limit in that area is now 55 which has been for about 5 months now, at least before Mullberry going N is. Yeah it seems like a race on that hwy everyday I come home from work. I just go with the flow. 70 to 75 is max I'll drive in that area.

sxpilot
09-18-2005, 02:37 PM
You are correct, its now 55...I rarely drive that strech of Hwy since we moved, i usualy go up to Acoma or down to Mul and go north...
At any rate the last time I was on that Hwy it was a race...man I must be gettin old thinkin 55 is fast...shit as a kid growing up in So Cal 55 is the min speed in residental areas...hehe

RiverRatMike
09-18-2005, 02:47 PM
You are correct, its now 55...I rarely drive that strech of Hwy since we moved, i usualy go up to Acoma or down to Mul and go north...
At any rate the last time I was on that Hwy it was a race...man I must be gettin old thinkin 55 is fast...shit as a kid growing up in So Cal 55 is the min speed in residental areas...hehe
yeah it really surprizes me that there isn't more highway patrol in that area. They could bust alot of people

sxpilot
09-18-2005, 02:56 PM
yeah it really surprizes me that there isn't more highway patrol in that area. They could bust alot of people
I imagine there will be now...
man I hope that guy live's...

XTRM22
09-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Yup I went by just as they were loading the boat. There was that ranger, an extended cab chevy p/u and what looked like a Black Super Duty still being mopped up. THe ranger and the big black truck were the two worst by far. Hey SXpilot is that a Daytona with a big Evinrude whacker on the back in your avitar? if so I drive by your house everyday.
Chuck

Boatcop
09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Lake Havasu City PD jurisdiction.
Highway Patrol concentrates on the highway(s) outside of City Limits.
FYI, I saw my former Deputy, Jerry, out there doing the investigation. Only on the job 2 weeks, and he gets a good one. (boat related, too) Not that he's a rookie, or anything. He's been to Critical Vehicle Accident Investigator training, so the investigation is in good hands.

sxpilot
09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey SXpilot is that a Daytona with a big Evinrude whacker on the back in your avitar? if so I drive by your house everyday.
Chuck
Yeah buddy, trying to get the other BS out of my drive way, pontoon boat and Dad's Motorhome got to go...

RVRGIRL
09-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Saturday, September 17, 2005 Last modified: Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:06 PM MDT
News-Herald photo/Sharon Dunham This 32-foot powerboat docked on State Highway 95 Saturday afternoon after a collision separated it from the trailer, shown in the background, which had been carrying it. Behind the boat, Lenard Dodd's blue Ford Ranger sits just off the northbound lane, where it landed after Dodd attempted the U-turn that caused the accident. Behind Dodd's pickup is the black pickup, which had been towing the boat. A third pickup involved in the accident and not pictured here stopped on the southbound side of the highway. Both pickups struck Dodd's vehicle during the accident, which occurred about a half-mile south of Mulberry Avenue.
LHC man injured after three-car accident on State Highway 95
By Sharon Dunham
A three-vehicle accident on State Highway 95 Saturday afternoon sent a hefty powerboat skimming across the pavement instead of across the lake.
Lenard Dodd, a 67-year-old Lake Havasu City man, was the only person injured in the incident, which shut down traffic on the highway about a half-mile south of Mulberry Avenue for at least three hours, said Sgt. Stacey Huff of the Lake Havasu City Police Department. Officers directed traffic onto Lake Havasu Avenue while an accident crew investigated.
The series of collisions, which occurred at about 12:15 p.m., began when Dodd, who was northbound in a blue Ford Ranger pickup truck, pulled over onto the shoulder and then unexpectedly attempted a U-turn on the highway. The Chevrolet pickup Lisa Long of Bullhead City was driving behind him in the passing lane struck Dodd's vehicle as it advanced, spinning Dodd's pickup into the path of a black pickup, also northbound, behind her.
Dodd was ejected from his pickup onto the pavement during the first collision. He was taken by ambulance to the Havasu Regional Medical Center, where he was listed as a patient on Saturday night.
The black 2006 pickup had been off the dealer's lot for only two days, said Terry Fishback, the Simi Valley, Calif., owner and driver of the vehicle. She was towing a 2000 Formula Fast Tech, 32-foot power boat on a trailer, which separated from the truck, sending the boat skidding about 100 yards on the northbound lanes.
"We couldn't help hitting him," Fishback said. "He was coming at us and we tried to avoid him." Christina Fishback was a passenger in her vehicle.
Huff said all three vehicles suffered major damage in the accident but Dodd's pickup had the most damage.
The accident is under investigation.

RVRGIRL
09-18-2005, 09:28 PM
News-Herald photo/Sharon Dunham This 32-foot powerboat docked on State Highway 95 Saturday afternoon after a collision separated it from the trailer, shown in the background, which had been carrying it. Behind the boat, Lenard Dodd's blue Ford Ranger sits just off the northbound lane, where it landed after Dodd attempted the U-turn that caused the accident. Behind Dodd's pickup is the black pickup, which had been towing the boat. A third pickup involved in the accident and not pictured here stopped on the southbound side of the highway. Both pickups struck Dodd's vehicle during the accident, which occurred about a half-mile south of Mulberry Avenue.

RiverRatMike
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4463news022.jpg

Kilrtoy
09-18-2005, 09:37 PM
That is the south end of town....Not good...Feel sorry for the victims...
That is not an accident. It is NEGLIGENCE..............and he should be charged

sxpilot
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Wow I would have never thought someone would attempt a U-E on the Hwy...
But then I just keep reading BoatCop's Sig...
Every day I think people can't get any stupider.
Every day I'm proven wrong!

sea2lake
09-19-2005, 07:08 AM
[
The Chevrolet pickup Lisa Long of Bullhead City was driving behind him in the passing lane struck Dodd's vehicle as it advanced, spinning Dodd's pickup into the path of a black pickup, also northbound, behind her.
I didnt see a passing lane in the photo??

Not So Fast
09-19-2005, 08:41 AM
I know that residents of Havasu complain a lot about SNOWBIRDS and even though this guy lives here it is indicitive of how a lot of the older folks drive. A "U TURN" on 95, thats the reason, and in the winter time when the Birds are here it is really commonplace to see these kinds of things. The absolute worst stretch of 95 is in front of Walmart, there are these kinds of accidents there every week, so be careful, it is very dangerous especially when the "BIRDS" are here, I can't wait :D NSF

superdave013
09-19-2005, 09:33 AM
How would you like to have a brand new truck (2 days old) pulling your pride and joy 32' boat and have some dude whip a U-E right in front you ya? Man O man that would suck.
Sorry for everyone involved, even the old guy. But I agree with Kilr on this one.

Phat Matt
09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
[
I didnt see a passing lane in the photo??
Their are two lanes going northbound.

Essex502
09-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Someone said at the beginning of this thread to "slow down when you come to Havasu"...I couldn't disagree more with that statement. The fastest drivers I see on that stretch of highway are the locals! My wife and I are in Havasu every other weekend and we strictly abide by the speed limits and it is usually the local who are crawling up are bumper and weaving in and out of traffic when I am towing back from the lake. It seems few in town actually pay any attention to the posted speeds. This isn't only on 95 but on all of the local streets. But...speed doesn't kill...stoopid (sp) people who do stoopid chit cause these needless accidents.

09-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Someone said at the beginning of this thread to "slow down when you come to Havasu"...I couldn't disagree more with that statement. The fastest drivers I see on that stretch of highway are the locals! My wife and I are in Havasu every other weekend and we strictly abide by the speed limits and it is usually the local who are crawling up are bumper and weaving in and out of traffic when I am towing back from the lake. It seems few in town actually pay any attention to the posted speeds. This isn't only on 95 but on all of the local streets. But...speed doesn't kill...stoopid (sp) people who do stoopid chit cause these needless accidents.
I agree, my home is at the south end and going into down from Bashas on I get passed all the time and I am doing 55, and almost all those passing me have AZ plates.

Essex502
09-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah....we're on the south end near the new Basha's as well. But I see it on McCulloch and Oro Grande when going up to friend's houses and on most streets in town. If I'm driving at the speed limit or very slightly above I will be passed on McCulloch and every time it is AZ plates.

Ziggy
09-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree too....When I'm cruising up the hill to my place on any of the 35mph roads I get my ass riden at 35........but Murphey's law would probably net me a ticket if I went 40 so I stay at posted speeds....

voodoomedman
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Both plates do it. Going south on 95 on Sunday down by Cattail I was passed at silly speeds by az and ca plates. I can't remember which one passed me and the car ahead of me at one time but we weren't close. The car ahead of me was at least 6 car lengths or more in front of me. This guy was hauling buns. That one was a ca plate but some az plates had vette engines in their buicks.

Ziggy
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Both plates do it. Going south on 95 on Sunday down by Cattail I was passed at silly speeds by az and ca plates. I can't remember which one passed me and the car ahead of me at one time but we weren't close. The car ahead of me was at least 6 car lengths or more in front of me. This guy was hauling buns. That one was a ca plate but some az plates had vette engines in their buicks.
I'd agree with that too...I might do ~70-(75max) on the 95 south of Havi all the way to Williams river, then I stay no more than 5mph over all the way into Parker....Been passed plenty of times by both AZ and Ca plates, some trailering 30' boats....Funny thing is I often see them somewhere along my ride home.....

RiverRatMike
09-20-2005, 07:01 PM
My dad and I came up on the accident, maybe 10 minutes after it happened, we thought for sure who ever was in the small truck was dead. It was really bad to see in person, I have a few pics also. The boat did not appear to have any registration numbers, was it also new ? Does anyone know if the boat was owned by someone on the boards ? Slow down people, the lake will be there !!!!
can you please post the pixs?

shadow
09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah,And i suppose it's the locals that are speeding down Rice Rd towing boats/passing causing and nearly causing accidents every weekend.Lets not forget the hwy 40.Thats probablly the locals too. :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah,And i suppose it's the locals that are speeding down Rice Rd towing boats/passing causing and nearly causing accidents every weekend.Lets not forget the hwy 40.Thats probablly the locals too. :rolleyes:
DUDE are you serious.... :) :) :) :) :)

shadow
09-20-2005, 07:30 PM
DUDE are you serious.... :) :) :) :) :)
Yeah Kilr,everytime i head to Cal i see trucks on Rice rd towing and passing generally driving like idiots all have Havasu local written all over em.NOT!
Just an ignorant statemant to say it's only the locals that drive recklessly.I see both AZ & CA plates driving like idiots.

Essex502
09-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't use Rice Rd. and pity the fools who do. The I-40 has it's share of CA, NV, AZ and assorted other states' plates doing their fair share of exceeding the posted limits. Just like every highway in every state. The point was the original poster was asking only the CA peeps to slow down where in my personal experience (every other weekend in LHC ALL year long) it's primarily the AZ license plates zipping along at the excessive speeds. This isn't limited to the 95 but virtually every street in LHC.

Essex502
09-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Yeah Kilr,everytime i head to Cal i see trucks on Rice rd towing and passing generally driving like idiots all have Havasu local written all over em.NOT!
Just an ignorant statemant to say it's only the locals that drive recklessly.I see both AZ & CA plates driving like idiots.
The completely ignorant statement is the one asking CA to slow down and not the AZ folks. Drive from McCulloch North to McCulloch south and any day of the week at the posted limits and count the plates that pass you.

shadow
09-21-2005, 05:20 PM
OK my bad, :rolleyes: AZ folks slow down,Cal folks as you were. :D
Everyone slow down alittle in your car and pointing fingers. :cool:

JB in so cal
09-21-2005, 05:21 PM
OK my bad, :rolleyes: AZ folks slow down,Cal folks as you were. :D
Everyone slow down alittle in your car and pointing fingers. :cool:
What's up, D?
My truck is running strong; no probs, no issues.
THX, again.

shadow
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
What's up, D?
My truck is running strong; no probs, no issues.
THX, again.
Good thing yours is running good now.I'm tied up with Shaken not stirred Chris's excursion right now.Engine is in pieces.

JB in so cal
09-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Good thing yours is running good now.I'm tied up with Shaken not stirred Chris's excursion right now.Engine is in pieces.
Just seeing assholes and elbows walking by your stall, huh? :cool:
Did you put that jet ski rental/coor light outlet out of business, yet. LOL

shadow
09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Just seeing assholes and elbows walking by your stall, huh? :cool: Lifted trucks are njever easy on the balls and stomach.
Did you put that jet ski rental/coor light outlet out of business, yet. LOL
They will put themselves out when they have a drunk on a rental kill someone.