PDA

View Full Version : ROBBY GORDON does it again

Kilrtoy
09-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Ok this time he was taken out and then he threw his helmet into Waltrips car window, but it bounced back out...
On a side note K. Kane rammed K. Bush after he was taken out...
Alot of crashes today...

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 11:41 AM
:D

Kilrtoy
09-19-2005, 11:41 AM
So now they interview him and he says,
the caution was out and he wrecked me, HE IS A PIECE OF SHIT....
Good for RG, then the announcer apologizes for the language...
he said shit BIG DEAL......

Creator
09-19-2005, 11:45 AM
A lot of drivers are acting like babies today.
To NASCAR saying "SHIT" is a big deal.
Dale jr. was fined 25k and points last year when he won a race and said something (I can't remeber) less offensive. I'm sure Robby will be fined some amount of money as points don't matter for him right now.
Kasey Kahne should be fined as well, all this retaliation is getting stupid.

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh, Waltrip is funny! :D
"It's partly my fault, I agreed to come out here and race with him"- Waltrip
:2purples:

Boozer
09-19-2005, 11:54 AM
This is a good race. There's going to be some good action off the track when this race is over.
Waltrip and R. Gordon are going to have some words and I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart has a few words with R. Gordon about almost running into him trying to smash Waltrip.
Hopefully Kurts temper is still flaired and we will some action involving him after the race as well.

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 11:56 AM
opps!
Waltrip, I thought Darrell :rolleyes:
Thanks! I will fix it :wink:

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Did I mention how old I am? :wink:

Kilrtoy
09-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey Deb at least get the driver right !!!!
That was Michael :argue:
OH SHIT......
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
OH SHIT......
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT
:confused: It's not Michael? :confused:
(just spoke with Scream on the phone and told him what Robby did and he said he did the same thing last year?!) :rolleyes:

Debbolas
09-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Paul Newman just won............(just kidding I know his name is Ryan) :p

Kilrtoy
09-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Paul Newman just won............(just kidding I know his name is Ryan) :p
LOL.....
:2purples:

JustMVG
09-19-2005, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't expect to see RG next week or maybe the week after. And lets see what kind of fine RG gets from this, and what happens to Mikey, seemed like a racing thing to me, kinda like what folks have said about some of the RG incidents. Has Vince Mcmahan gained control of NASCAR? Felt like i was watchin the WWF

JustMVG
09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
And if i am not mistaken wasn't it Mike Waltrip(he's the one who's not Darryl :p ) and the late Dale Sr. who gave Robby a shot at NASCAR in the first place?

77charger
09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
guy is an AHOLE for sure.Yes he can drive alot of stuff good but his head is swollen big time.
Have had a run in with him at glamis with the dont you know who i am attitude.

jbtrailerjim
09-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't root for or against Robby but what Michael did to him was B.S. I wish Robby would have been a better aim though, when he threw his helmet at Michaels car. :hammer2:

Creator
09-19-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't root for or against Robby but what Michael did to him was B.S. I wish Robby would have been a better aim though, when he threw his helmet at Michaels car. :hammer2:
Did you see the race? There was no good camera angle to see what happend. Micheal may have squeezed him or turned down although he said he was going straight or robby may have slid up, there is no good way to tell what happend. It's funny though, all the wrecks that happend today were because of cars sliding up and the car on the bottom was blamed but in this case RG is saying Micheal turned down. I wish there was a better view of it so we could really see what happend.
I have no problem with Robby throwing the helmet, it seems to be a common occurance among drivers when they're upset so no big deal, I can understand his frustration. However, swearing during a live broadcast although it doesn't bother me is a bit lame regardless of who the driver is. He should have shown more class and saved it for the trailer. There is really no reason to call someone a "piece of shit" on live tv.
Nascar has fined guys for swearing and bagging on the officails on their radios so I can only imagine their pretty pissed about it going over the tv. If this kind of remark becomes common place it won't be long before they begin to tape delay the broadcast just like radio talk shows.

jbtrailerjim
09-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Did you see the race? There was no good camera angle to see what happend. Micheal may have squeezed him or turned down although he said he was going straight or robby may have slid up, there is no good way to tell what happend. It's funny though, all the wrecks that happend today were because of cars sliding up and the car on the bottom was blamed but in this case RG is saying Micheal turned down. I wish there was a better view of it so we could really see what happend.
I have no problem with Robby throwing the helmet, it seems to be a common occurance among drivers when they're upset so no big deal, I can understand his frustration. However, swearing during a live broadcast although it doesn't bother me is a bit lame regardless of who the driver is. He should have shown more class and saved it for the trailer. There is really no reason to call someone a "piece of shit" on live tv.
Nascar has fined guys for swearing and bagging on the officails on their radios so I can only imagine their pretty pissed about it going over the tv. If this kind of remark becomes common place it won't be long before they begin to tape delay the broadcast just like radio talk shows.
The only good angle you could see was the shot down the straightaway. Robby was definitely in front of Michael and then you see Robby get spun. Michael's response was "I was just holding my ground". Bullshit! If the guy is in front of you (like Robby was) IMO he has the position and Michael should have lifted instead of taking Robby out.
Robby cussing on live T.V. and walking out on the track and throwing his helmet was a bad move. He won't be racing next week because of his actions today. Just wait and see. Nascar will make an example out of him.

RiverRatMike
09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Ok this time he was taken out and then he threw his helmet into Waltrips car window, but it bounced back out...
On a side note K. Kane rammed K. Bush after he was taken out...
Alot of crashes today...
Robby definity has a temper on him! :confused:

Creator
09-19-2005, 06:38 PM
The only good angle you could see was the shot down the straightaway. Robby was definitely in front of Michael and then you see Robby get spun. Michael's response was "I was just holding my ground". Bullshit! If the guy is in front of you (like Robby was) IMO he has the position and Michael should have lifted instead of taking Robby out.
If this is the case, blame it on the spotter. Even if you are pulling someone you can't just move up if you're not clear, It's always been that way. No driver likes to lift, not even Robby. But it's of no matter now. If Micheal was at fault he will be fined too.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-20-2005, 07:52 AM
What will really cause R. Gordon problems was when he tried to back his mangled car into Waltrips as they went by on the caution lap. I could very easily see NASCAR making an example out of him due to that and park him for this weekend.

91nordic29
09-20-2005, 08:06 AM
i think mikey ought kick robby gordon's a*s. gordon is a large whiney baby.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
From NASCAR.com
Four teams receive fines, penalties after Loudon
From Press Release
September 19, 2005
05:52 PM EDT (21:52 GMT)
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR issued fines and penalties Monday to four Nextel Cup Series teams, resulting from rule violations this past weekend at New Hampshire International Speedway.
Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Dodge, was fined $25,000 because of an on-track altercation with another competitor during a caution period and placed on probation for the remainder of the year. Kahne violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing).
Kahne was also penalized 25 driver championship points and car owner Ray Evernham losing 25 owner championship points.
"There have been a growing number of incidents lately where drivers have taken matters into their own hands. Such unsafe and inappropriate behavior has to stop," said NASCAR President Mike Helton.
"NASCAR will use whatever means necessary to stop it."
Lance McGrew, crew chief for the No. 25 Chevrolet driven by Brian Vickers, was fined $10,000 and placed on probation for the remainder of the year. The No. 25 team had its primary car confiscated after the weekend's initial inspection process, due to an unapproved car body.
Vickers was penalized 25 driver points and car owner Mary Hendrick was penalized 25 owner points. The team was in violation of Section 12-4-A and Section 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment that do not conform to NASCAR rules).
Robby Gordon, driver of the No. 7 Chevrolet, was fined $25,000 for attempting to hit another competitor's car during a caution period, and then throwing his helmet at another competitor's car. Gordon also was fined $10,000 for use of improper language during a television interview during the race.
Each fine was accompanied by penalties against Gordon of 25 driver points and 25 owner points against James Smith. In addition, Gordon has been placed on probation for the remainder of the year. In each instance, Gordon was in violation of Section 12-4-A.
No. 15 Chevrolet driver Michael Waltrip, involved in the on-track altercations with Gordon, was fined $10,000 and penalized 25 driver points because of an inappropriate gesture during a televised broadcast, while car owner Teresa Earnhardt was penalized 25 owner points. Waltrip was also in violation of Secton 12-4-A.
Commentary: Someone please explain to me why Kurt Busch was not fined for breaking a rule as well? Apparently NASCAR has a rule that a competitor is not allowed in another competitors pits yet nothing is happening to him for going over to the 10's Pit Box.

jbtrailerjim
09-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Nascar just announced the penalties. They're not as harsh as I figured they would be.
Robby Gordon, driver of the No. 7 Chevrolet, was fined $25,000 for attempting to hit another competitor's car during a caution period, and then throwing his helmet at another competitor's car. Gordon also was fined $10,000 for use of improper language during a television interview during the race.
Each fine was accompanied by penalties against Gordon of 25 driver points and 25 owner points against James Smith. In addition, Gordon has been placed on probation for the remainder of the year. In each instance, Gordon was in violation of Section 12-4-A.
No. 15 Chevrolet driver Michael Waltrip, involved in the on-track altercations with Gordon, was fined $10,000 and penalized 25 driver points because of an inappropriate gesture during a televised broadcast, while car owner Teresa Earnhardt was penalized 25 owner points. Waltrip was also in violation of Secton 12-4-A.

Kilrtoy
09-20-2005, 02:40 PM
What improper Gesture did Michael due....

jbtrailerjim
09-20-2005, 02:41 PM
From NASCAR.com
Four teams receive fines, penalties after Loudon
From Press Release
September 19, 2005
05:52 PM EDT (21:52 GMT)
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR issued fines and penalties Monday to four Nextel Cup Series teams, resulting from rule violations this past weekend at New Hampshire International Speedway.
Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Dodge, was fined $25,000 because of an on-track altercation with another competitor during a caution period and placed on probation for the remainder of the year. Kahne violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing).
Kahne was also penalized 25 driver championship points and car owner Ray Evernham losing 25 owner championship points.
"There have been a growing number of incidents lately where drivers have taken matters into their own hands. Such unsafe and inappropriate behavior has to stop," said NASCAR President Mike Helton.
"NASCAR will use whatever means necessary to stop it."
Lance McGrew, crew chief for the No. 25 Chevrolet driven by Brian Vickers, was fined $10,000 and placed on probation for the remainder of the year. The No. 25 team had its primary car confiscated after the weekend's initial inspection process, due to an unapproved car body.
Vickers was penalized 25 driver points and car owner Mary Hendrick was penalized 25 owner points. The team was in violation of Section 12-4-A and Section 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment that do not conform to NASCAR rules).
You beat me to it. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
09-20-2005, 02:42 PM
What improper Gesture did Michael due....
Gave Gordon the finger after he threw his helmet at his car. Although he quickly changed it to to just waving, he clearly started with the finger.

Waist Deep
09-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Dont we think the officials knew what was going to happen when gordon was struggling to get his helmet out of the car? Could have ended it right there or at least kept it off the track.

JustMVG
09-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah so Mikey will announce on Weds. that he's going to drive for Bill Davis Racing, and help get that Toyota program to Cup level, Yawn..... and that NAPA is going with him, i wonder what next years Napa Commercials will look like, prolly with Bro Darryl just like the Aarons commercials.

JetBoatRich
09-21-2005, 03:49 AM
Really surprised me no suspensions :sqeyes: when you take a car that is out of the race back onto the track and take someone else out :sqeyes: this seems like a reason to not let you race next week :sqeyes:

SnakeWrench
09-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Personally, I think that Gordon should have been suspended for at least two races and all his points for the year taken away. Flipping someone off is one thing, Bumping them after the race is another, Walking out on the track, in front of cars to throw a helmet(which to racers is taboo) is completely out of line. Nascar better start throwing some hardcore punishments out or these young ones are going to think they can do what they want. Kyle Bucsh needs to be popped in the head just like his brother.
Did you notice how before he won at Cali, he was all," I'm just happy to be here", Now he's all," Guess Casey forgot how to race against someone with true ability" ...........What a little Pec**rhead.

91nordic29
09-21-2005, 06:22 AM
:D NASCAR, get over the "S" word, it's said everyday by all walks of life, kids, grandma's, mom/dad etc....the lady on "Wind tunnel" said it best, "hell ya hear it at the kids soccer games", what's the big deal !!!!! NASCAR will kill it's own sport, you see it happening already. JUst wait till TOYOTA enters the Busch Series, guess what Mikey W. will be driving in 07', any bet takers ? Let em scrap, thats a big part of nascar history, god it's not a "g" rated sport !!!! Brian France and Mike Helton are a bunch of putz's.
i am pretty sure that the sponsors dont appreciate the language... although now that i think of it, the two drivers who used the language are sponsored by alcohol products...lol :messedup:

Kilrtoy
09-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe where's my keyes can buy it....

Kilrtoy
09-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Yep, someone will buy it....

I Feel the Need...
09-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Here's what the discription says:
You are bidding on the actual helmet worn by Robby Gordon during the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway on September 18, 2005.
Robby Gordon’s Helmet to Assist Hurricane Katrina Victims
EBay auction established to further assist the Harrah’s Employee Relief Fund
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (September 20, 2005) – Making some good from a tough situation, Robby Gordon on Tuesday pledged to further assist the Harrah’s Employee Relief Fund, which was established following Hurricane Katrina’s devastation of Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana, by auctioning off his race helmet used in Sunday’s event at New Hampshire International Speedway.
Gordon and his helmet gained national attention when it was thrown at the car of Michael Waltrip in a sign of obvious frustration after Waltrip wrecked the No. 7 car driven by Gordon under caution.
“What happened Sunday is unfortunate, and I’m sorry for losing my temper following the race, but after a day or two of looking back at the race it’s easy to realize that it’s just not that big of a deal compared with what the people of the Gulf Coast are still going through.
“People started asking me almost immediately after the race if they could have my helmet, and rather than just giving it away we’ll use it to raise more money for the Harrah’s Employee Relief Fund. Obviously I’m still angry about getting wrecked intentionally, but at the end of the day I still have a house to go home to which is a lot more than a lot of people can say.”
Following Hurricane Katrina, Gordon made an initial contribution of $20,000 to the Fund, and will raise additional monies through a $7 a lap pledge for the remainder of the season, and will also contribute 10 percent from the sale of Harrah’s racing merchandise and collectibles at the team’s web site – robbygordon.com – and at its track-side souvenir trailer.
This is GREAT PR...

PHOTOGLOU
09-21-2005, 12:31 PM
This just in at nascar.com
Obviously in NASCAR's eyes "an inappropriate gesture during a televised broadcast" and "use of improper language during a television interview" is equal to "attempting to hit another competitor's car during a caution period."
Don't get caught up in the $15,000 difference in the on-track fines for Gordon and Waltrip; the money is pocket change for these guys. The points are the difference-makers. Note that the car owners -- James Smith for Gordon and Teresa Earnhardt for Waltrip -- also received points penalties but no monetary fines.
Ditto for Kahne's car owner, Ray Evernham: a 25-point penalty with no monetary fine.
So what does a driver have to do to get "parked," as Harvick was? Has the sport changed in the past three years to the point that other drivers' lives mean less? Have we come that far with soft-wall technology and in-car safety?
Essentially, that's what the penalties are saying.
If NASCAR is serious about curbing on-track retaliation, "parking" a driver is the solution. Until that happens, the punishment doesn't fit the crime -- and NASCAR remains susceptible to fans questioning the rules and their fair application to all competitors.

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Helmet! (http://cgi.ebay.com/Robby-Gordon-race-used-NASCAR-Helmet_W0QQitemZ5245335747QQcategoryZ50121QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
I was out bid......by alot! :p

Riverkid
09-21-2005, 05:49 PM
BTW remind me to throw my helmet at Code Blue Racing after the Parker 300 :D
Just make sure that's YOUR helmet Bill... :D :D :D

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Helmet! (http://cgi.ebay.com/Robby-Gordon-race-used-NASCAR-Helmet_W0QQitemZ5245335747QQcategoryZ50121QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
I was out bid......by alot! :p
Take another look at the price now! Holy shiat!

Kilrtoy
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
4,600,000. damn that is what it cost to run his partial year

Creator
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
What's going on, I checked it 5 minutes ago and it was2.5m now it's 5.5mil!!!
I'm calling BS!!! I just checked these bidders last few actions and noone has spent more than 500 bucks and most are in the $2-$40 range.

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Either people are being stupid and ruining a great thing or somebody has some serious coin to play with.Look at what the bidders have bought previous to their bids though....junk!

Creator
09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Could be Robby's guys bidding it up, not uncommon.
It just climbed another million in less than 2 minutes.

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Could be Robby's guys bidding it up, not uncommon.
It just climbed another million in less than 2 minutes.
Too many different names,more like idiots just trying to get their names on the list.Look at some of the feedback and items they have bought in the past! Cell phones and small items under $100 bucks...like they really have 6+ mill laying around.

Creator
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Up to 7 million... They will never see that money.. TOO BAD, it was a good idea.

Boatcop
09-22-2005, 05:34 AM
Now over 8 mil.
Robby should just let it run the course, then demand payment from the highest Bidiot. (I just made that word up! :D)
When he can't pay, sue him for all they've got.
Ebay should suspend the accounts of all those jokers.

SnakeWrench
09-22-2005, 06:08 AM
This just in at nascar.com
Obviously in NASCAR's eyes "an inappropriate gesture during a televised broadcast" and "use of improper language during a television interview" is equal to "attempting to hit another competitor's car during a caution period."
Don't get caught up in the $15,000 difference in the on-track fines for Gordon and Waltrip; the money is pocket change for these guys. The points are the difference-makers. Note that the car owners -- James Smith for Gordon and Teresa Earnhardt for Waltrip -- also received points penalties but no monetary fines.
Ditto for Kahne's car owner, Ray Evernham: a 25-point penalty with no monetary fine.
So what does a driver have to do to get "parked," as Harvick was? Has the sport changed in the past three years to the point that other drivers' lives mean less? Have we come that far with soft-wall technology and in-car safety?
Essentially, that's what the penalties are saying.
If NASCAR is serious about curbing on-track retaliation, "parking" a driver is the solution. Until that happens, the punishment doesn't fit the crime -- and NASCAR remains susceptible to fans questioning the rules and their fair application to all competitors.
HERE HERE!!!!!HARRUMP!!! Well, I totally agree with you on this one. thee list should be long for two race suspensions. That would get their attention.

Creator
09-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Obviously the auction went down hill fast, all the bids must have been fakes (as we all thought) because the item has been removed. I guess 8 million was just too much for a RG helmet.
Helmet auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/Robby-Gordon-race-used-NASCAR-Helmet_W0QQitemZ5245335747QQcategoryZ50121QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

h2oski2fast
09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
i thought everybody here hates robby, now they're all wanting to buy his sweaty "dented" helmet ?? :hammerhea - keyes
Hey Dean, I can't find it on Ebay anymore. Was just over at Cal Cushion, Mark was over there also, and we were looking at the auction. It was at 9.7 mil, but I think it was BS so they pulled the auction.
D

PHOTOGLOU
09-22-2005, 11:27 AM
eBay Auction Update
Posted on Sep 21, 2005, 15:15
Given an overwhelming and unexpected response, the Robby Gordon eBay auction featuring the helmet he wore in Sunday's race at New Hampshire International Speedway has been temporarily suspended in an effort to assess the validity of the bids that have been received. It is our hope that the auction will resume in a relatively short period of time. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in our efforts to raise money for the Harrah's Employee Relief Fund.

sdpm
09-22-2005, 11:43 AM
He had to get his name back out there somehow, good or bad. He couldn't make it good so go for the bad. I wish his head was in that helmet when he threw it! :cry: He is a real piece of work on the track or at the desert or at the shop that use to build his offroad engines years ago. He hasn't changed. A real piece of work!!

h2oski2fast
09-22-2005, 11:48 AM
why aren't you over at "rrl", protecting your lil rd buddy ? lot of peeps over there wearing their "sensetive slippers" the last couple of days , funny chit :shift: : - keyes
Too many board trolls on the admin side of that place. I talked with RD about it the other day....... I'm over that place. Plus I'm probably banned after I posted the other night, then I pulled it down knowing that the admin would still have access to it, but realized it was something that didn't need to be posted for everyone to see.
I'll hit you up on PM.

Boatcop
09-22-2005, 03:10 PM
From Robby's Website:
The Robby Gordon eBay auction for the helmet Gordon wore during Sunday's NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race at New Hampshire International Speedway will be reinstated at 10 p.m. EDT tonight. Officials at Robby Gordon Motorsports, along with representatives of eBay, conferred on Wednesday afternoon and chose to allow Auction Cause, a premier online auction management agency specializing in high profile eBay corporate and charity events, to manage the process. Most notably, Auction Cause has the ability to properly qualify bidders on the eBay site. The original bidding exceeded $10 million on Wednesday, and given the traffic on the site, it was difficult to determine the validity of all the bidders.
"For those that bid on Robby's helmet throughout the first 24 hours of the original auction, we're sorry that we are asking them to resubmit their bids, but we hope that everyone that submitted a valid bid will do so again," said John Story, CEO of Robby Gordon Motorsports. "However, given the charitable nature of Robby's efforts, we felt it absolutely necessary to create a marketplace representative of the helmet's true potential. There is obviously a lot of value to the helmet, particularly since it was last seen on network television in such as unique fashion. Robby has a genuine interest in helping build the Harrah's Employee Relief Fund, and all of us here want to help in any way we can. That's why it is so important to reestablish the auction and guarantee that every dollar pledged actually goes to the relief effort."
The new auction will end on Saturday evening

JustMVG
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
During an interview on Speed earlier tonight Robby said that he was more on the giving side of the incident w Mikey, and that Mikey had offered him one of his Cup cars if he needed it, that the bad blood is over with, and declined the offer of the car.

Nord
09-22-2005, 07:10 PM
I've said it a million times..........
It isn't that hard to drive a big sponsor car in circles!!!! :D :D

Jrocket
09-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Looks like I got out bid again.

duffster
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
You know he has Baja on his mind. The boy should be getting his big balls strapped on for the 1000 at this time. Robby Gordon belongs in the Score desert racing not Nascar.
Hell if I was out their I would be doing the same crap. It shows not to mess with So-Cal boys or else.
Maybe his helmet will make some money for hurricane victims on the bright side if thats what he is up to.
Go Robby