PDA

View Full Version : Since there are some MB Quart fans on the boards..

ROZ
09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Maxxsonics USA Acquires MB Quart GmbH
Thursday, September 22, 2005 -- Lake Zurich, Ill. - Maxxsonics USA, the parent and manufacturer of Hifonics, Crunch, and Autotek mobile audio sound systems, has acquired the MB Quart brand and its speaker manufacturing facility in Obrigheim, Germany.
The announcement was made Wednesday by Alden Stiefel, President and CEO of Maxxsonics USA. “The acquisition of MB Quart is a strategic purchase that enables Maxxsonics to extend its mobile auto-sound offerings to a wider distribution and consumer base, facilitates our distribution and sales plan globally of Maxxsonics product, and provides us a launch pad into the home, multi-media, and personal audio segments of the consumer electronics industry.” The acquisition ensures that MB Quart GmbH is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Maxxsonics Europe.
Under a new Maxxsonics Europe, Maxxsonics says it will work with the MB Quart Germany division and increase its manufacturing prowess, enrich the product development and technology team, and utilize the Obrigheim facility to its greatest potential. “Maxxsonics will capitalize on the MB Quart philosophy and utilize its unique position in the market place. We will maintain MBQ’s German manufacturing facility, and cross-pollinate it with other Maxxsonics’ speaker product. The world appreciates a truly German design and hand built craftsmanship. Yes, the product costs more, but so does a BMW, MB Quart is a testament to quality and superior sound,” said Stiefel.
Maxxsonics plans to also capitalize on the MB Quart brand name by enhancing its headphone and headset category, rejuvenating the MB Quart home audio segment and entering the competitive multi-media speaker sector. “Our first priority is to stabilize MBQ’s mobile audio efforts. MB Quart will recapture its market leading position with the car audio enthusiast through superior product design and excellent service, globally,” stated Stiefel.
Alden Stiefel continues. “We attribute Maxxsonics USA’s growth and success to team management. MB Quart will be no different. There is no plan to micro manage the Obrigheim facility. Instead, we anticipate a cross flow of information and a global approach that enhances all our brands.
In the U.S.A. Maxxsonics will maintain the MB Quart distribution model. “We will continue to service the mobile audio specialty retailer in the domestic market,” stated Stiefel. Maxxsonics will maintain separate sales forces for each brand, separate marketing strategies and distribution schemes, and capitalize on Maxxsonics’ operations and customer service infra-structure located in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

h2oski2fast
09-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I thought MB Quart was made by LPG in Germany? Well I guess Maxxsonics is gonna screw that product up, just like they did with Hifonics. Not that I'm a fan of Quart anyway, too harsh sounding for me.
BTW, didn't Rockford own MBQ?

ROZ
09-23-2005, 12:53 PM
You're right on that one... I don't know exactly how things changed, but I think MB was able to buy themselves out... Hopefully Maxxtronics will do just as they've stated and let it run "hands off"... That's the way RF was suppose to have run it... :(
I never liked the tweeter that much either...

Magic34
09-23-2005, 04:50 PM
You're right on that one... I don't know exactly how things changed, but I think MB was able to buy themselves out... Hopefully Maxxtronics will do just as they've stated and let it run "hands off"... That's the way RF was suppose to have run it... :(
I never liked the tweeter that much either...
RF is in the red. The are really struggling and the MB deal shows that.