PDA

View Full Version : Savage Marine- the biggest idiots in Havasu?

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm guessing it's a toss-up between them and the Marina.
:notam:

Kilrtoy
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Ok lets hear this one......

Riverkid
09-26-2005, 05:54 PM
:jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 06:03 PM
We got the boat to the ramp on Friday, and one engine wouldn't light on the ramp. We pull it up the street to see if Aaron can look at it. Aaron comes out and said it's probably the MSD box.
We put the boat away in storage.
Saturday morning, we went looking for an MSD box, but nobody had them. We stop at Savage, and sure enough, they have a brand new one in the case. We whip out the money, while they went to the back to "check the price."
She comes back and said that because we stopped at Absolute yesterday evening they won't sell it to us. We tell them that we are going to put it on (not Absolute), they still said no. We told them that we would pay them to put it on...they still said no.
Is there a bunch of 5 year olds running that place, or what?

SummitKarl
09-26-2005, 06:06 PM
need a boat mechanic HH?
I got just the guy "certified", retired, and a great reputation

Riverkid
09-26-2005, 06:08 PM
WTF?
Do they have a stalker watching every rig that turns into Absolute's shop?
I've never heard such a totally ridiculous story yet. But given some of the quotes in various pub's from Savage, it's not surprising to me.
Sorry to hear this total jackoff ruined your weekend... :(

OutCole'd
09-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Sounds like there is no love between Steve & Aaron.

Jbb
09-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Maybe you should carry a spare box...... :confused:

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 06:13 PM
need a boat mechanic HH?
I got just the guy "certified", retired, and a great reputation
Thanks, but this was KROOZIN's Skater...and we got it solved.
HOW DID THIS CLOWN STAY IN BUS. THIS LONG?they didn't have the time to sell me a prop(26) for 720$ we went to ALCO
Obviously, money is not as important as screwing people to these folks.
Sounds like there is no love between Steve & Aaron.
If that's the case, then why not help us out to take some of Aaron's business? We had cash in hand.
I guess pissing people off is more important than business...

Kilrtoy
09-26-2005, 06:22 PM
WOW, I would love to hear the other side...... :eek:

sxpilot
09-26-2005, 06:22 PM
This doesnt suprize me one bit...there is sooooo much Bull Shit and politics that goes on in this town between shops, its like a soap opra...

INSman
09-26-2005, 06:26 PM
There was NO other side as I was there and that is exactly how it went down. Talk about a poor businessman, businessperson, whatever..
I wouldn't go there even if they were the ONLY shop in town... :yuk:

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 06:28 PM
The funny part is that Scotty (part of the DCB Kool-Aid crew) has given that shop ALOT of business over the years (recommended by Dave), and he is the one that went in to ask about the box.
I guess that no matter how much business you've given them in the past, or potential future business, acting like a "soap opera" is more important.
Idiots.

Jyruiz
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
What a way to run a business. :yuk:

Jrocket
09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Dont ever do bizz with Savage....ok,got it.

Jordy
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Maybe it was the "You must be this tall to shop here" sign that got ya HH. They must not be Oompa Loompa friendly. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 06:40 PM
You are a smart man, "Bob".
Wow! You think they would have used that situation as an opportunity to create a new bond between themselves and a potential customer, especially since they were the only one with the part in stock.
Or help out a current customer that has spent ALOT of money there (Scotty)...

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Maybe it was the "You must be this tall to shop here" sign that got ya HH. They must not be Oompa Loompa friendly. ;)
Like my Oompa Loompa money isn't green just like the tall people's money?
:confused:

Throttle
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
f - em. that is really messed up!

Jordy
09-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Like my Oompa Loompa money isn't green just like the tall people's money?
:confused:
When you can't put your money on the counter without a leg up, that could be a problem. ;)

INSman
09-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Wow! You think they would have used that situation as an opportunity to create a new bond between themselves and a potential customer, especially since they were the only one with the part in stock.
That was my angle, but apparently the light did not go off !! :D

SummitKarl
09-26-2005, 06:55 PM
There was NO other side as I was there and that is exactly how it went down. Talk about a poor businessman, businessperson, whatever..
I wouldn't go there even if they were the ONLY shop in town... :yuk:
for parts I really feel there is ONLY one shop in town, Barnical Bills, they always greet me at the door (with a smile), they always seem to have what I am looking for. if I need something I always go there first, I have had nothing but good dealings with them
Parts = Barnical Bills
Service = Absolute
Detail = Full Throttle = BigDoug,, formally warlock25's biz

INSman
09-26-2005, 06:57 PM
We found the part we needed within 10 minutes of leaving Savage :coffeycup :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 07:00 PM
for parts I really feel there is ONLY one shop in town, Barnical Bills, they always greet me at the door (with a smile), they always seem to have what I am looking for. if I need something I always go there first, I have had nothing but good dealings with them
Parts = Barnical Bills
Service = Absolute
Tom at Pro Marine is also a stand-up guy. He gave us a great price on the box.
Like Blane Blane pointed out...Savage's childish crap didn't keep us off the water, it just made sure we will never go there again.

Jordy
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I must have missed a memo. :confused:

SummitKarl
09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Tom at Pro Marine is also a stand-up guy. He gave us a great price on the box.
Like Blane Blane pointed out...Savage's childish crap didn't keep us off the water, it just made sure we will never go there again.
That is so true about the way Havasu works........ on time service, and those willing to STEP UP when it counts, are the one's to survive

DaveA
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
This type of treatment of customers only ensures the success of the Other Businesses in that area. It's utterly amazing to me that this goes on, but I realize that some people do more business by accident than by design when they have location, location, location on their side (and that sounds like that's all they've got- I've never been out there).
On one hand it's frustrating to listen to, but on the other hand it makes a guy like me who's in business for himself glad to know that his competitor and/or his employees can be this STUPID.
The Anti-Role Models, if you will.

SummitKarl
09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
you wern't on the mailing list :confused:
Yes John sold it to BigDoug 2 weeks ago, I Met BigDoug WED. night, real standup guy...he will do well

mbrown2
09-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the year 2005....I found out Savage was an idiot about 3 years ago....
Guy looks at a blower like it is from a different Planet....and a Whipple as if it is from a different universe.

OutCole'd
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Savage's childish crap didn't keep us off the water, it just made sure we will never go there again.
That is so true. Instead of looking it as an opportunity to look like a hero to a potential customer, they choose to alienate themselves from anyone who talks to Aaron. Not the best way to do business I would think. Now they still have that part sitting on the shelf collecting dust instead of rotating inventory like they are supposed to do.

Moneypitt
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Is this shop an MSD distributor? If so, maybe MSD would be interested in your story........MP

Mrs.Racer277
09-26-2005, 07:20 PM
is he on here?
Yes
:D :D

KROOZIN
09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
cRaZY!!
They should of just raised the price and made a few extra bucks off me, but instead they insured that I will never go back there. :messedup: :messedup:
No wonder Aaron left there!

Kilrtoy
09-26-2005, 07:34 PM
So what is the beef with absolute and savage....

INSman
09-26-2005, 07:34 PM
cRaZY!!
They should of just raised the price and made a few extra bucks off me, but instead they insured that I will never go back there. :messedup: :messedup:
Not to mention, I know when I went into Aarons shop earlier in the afternoon that they were "SLAMMED" trying to get some projects done and get some cusomers back on the water for Saturday morning, and god bless Aaron for "immediately" taking a few minutes to help us diagnose the problem so we could make it on the water !!!!

Mrs.Racer277
09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
soooooo?is it the same link as w/25?
I ment he is on the boards. :D Not sure about the link?!?!?!?! :confused:

SummitKarl
09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
soooooo?is it the same link as w/25?
PM, BIGDOUG or call him at
oh...he's got some cool looking shirts.. to Promote the Biz

Mrs.Racer277
09-26-2005, 07:41 PM
PM, BIGDOUG or call him at
oh...he's got some cool looking shirts.. to Promote the Biz
Soooooo you got me my shirt right??? :D :D
And did you remember the trash cans??? :rolleyes: :p

SummitKarl
09-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Soooooo you got me my shirt right??? :D :D
And did you remember the trash cans??? :rolleyes: :p
yea He gave me a few of them, I wore mine today when John and Michelle came over this morning... :D .looks like MB just sold her 3rd Pinnacle house for me, Dam she is good :D
I am on trash duty?

Mrs.Racer277
09-26-2005, 07:48 PM
yea He gave me a few of them, I wore mine today when John and Michelle came over this morning... :D .looks like MB just sold her 3rd Pinnacle house for me, Dam she is good :D
I am on trash duty?
HEHE I was just kidding.
She is very good. I miss them. It has been a while. :frown: I hope I can learn from her soon. :rolleyes: :D

shadow
09-26-2005, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=DILLIGAF]Aaron got his start with Steve over at Savage and left to start his own shop. Bad blood between the two shops :(
Like Tom said Aaron worked for Steve,But i belive Aaron got his start from Lonnie as a child growing up around boating and a good up-brining.I think what he learned from Steve was Don't be a ****ing asshole to people just cause you might feel like you got em by the balls.I heard more than once that when Aaron was at savage that if Steve was working on your boat you'd be brining it back with something wrong and if Aaron was working on it your boat would be fixed right the first time.Not to mention Steve probablly despises Aaron cause he's(steve) worked all his life to build what he's got and here comes a kid 1/2 his age that by far has better work ethics,treats customers right,Nicer facility,fixes thier boats right the first time,and because of these qualities and more has rightfully deservingly taken a shit load of Savage's bussiness.Hope Absolute continues to put the hurting on Savage.
Karma for being an asshole!

XTRM22
09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Ya know I'm all for this free info when someone wrongs ya but I gotta pipe in here for a minute. I'm sure Aaron is everything he's said to be, I've never heard a cross word about him, and some of the stories go way beyond reason what he'd do for a customer. Well good work and great service has been my experience with Steve at Savage. I definitely ain't some big baller Skater, or Cigarette owner,my little DCB hasn't required a lot of service although Savage replaced my gimbal ring last year in exactly the amount of time they said and for exactly the amount of money they quoted. HH, I'm sorry that happened to ya and a little surprised that they wouldn't sell the part to Scotty (the koolade factor would have usually been enough) but if you found the part elsewhere 10 minutes later it really doesn't sound like that big a deal. I wish Aaron all the success in the world and the same to Savage, and until they give me a reason not to, Savage is who I'll deal with.
Chuck

moneysucker
09-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Petrovich Performance is out there now. Give them a shot. Hell, I drove from San Diego for them to build my motor since they moved from SD. Might be worth a shot. He is on here as Psycho Squid.

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 08:46 PM
...and a little surprised that they wouldn't sell the part to Scotty (the koolade factor would have usually been enough) but if you found the part elsewhere 10 minutes later it really doesn't sound like that big a deal.
It was a big deal.
I myself have also never used Aaron. Steve acting like a childish idiot is the reason I will take my boat to anywhere but Savage from now on.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2005, 08:50 PM
It was a big deal.
I myself have also never used Aaron. Steve acting like a childish idiot is the reason I will take my boat to anywhere but Savage from now on.
Was there something personal with the boat owner and savage....

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Was there something personal with the boat owner and savage....
KROOZIN has never used Savage or Absolute. The only thing he did was pull his boat up in front of Absolute the day before.

Kachina26
09-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Got me scratchin' my head too :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
KROOZIN has never used Savage or Absolute. The only thing he did was pull his boat up in front of Absolute the day before.
This sounds soo weird, And I can understand your anger.
I have used savage for various things, some not even boat related and they have always gone out of their way for me and yes alot was before I owned a DCB....

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
This sounds soo weird, And I can understand your anger.
I have used savage for various things, some not even boat related and they have always gone out of their way for me and yes alot was before I owned a DCB....
Scotty said that she was ready to sell us the part, but then that guy that works there now (he used to work at DCB) is the one that called out the fact that we stopped at Absolute the night before...
...who knows what they are thinking.

Wake Havasu
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Someone in the know needs to publish a Soap Opera scorecard.
Then we would "know" and not make such terrible mistakes.
Or
F - Savage and his little pea brain and hope is business tanks!

Tom Brown
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
She comes back and said that because we stopped at Absolute yesterday evening they won't sell it to us.
What are they? A bunch of savages?

Tom Brown
09-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Maybe you should carry a spare box...... :confused:
Why don't you go ahead and jam a white hot poker up his ass?

Jbb
09-27-2005, 02:54 AM
Why don't you go ahead and jam a white hot poker up his ass?
Like a Savage........? :)

bear down
09-27-2005, 04:13 AM
It was a big deal.
What if he could not get it somewhere else and Savage was the only spot that carried it....That's a problem
I have used Savage once and my brother in law used them twice. Great experience with both visits...They are thumbs up in my book.

TCHB
09-27-2005, 04:39 AM
On a hot July afternoon I took my Howard into Savage with a overheating concern. Steve at Savage looked at it and said it needs a new water pump impeller. Two hours later I am back on the water! He did not charge me anything extra for doing it on the spot. I hope both Savage and Absolute do well and find their own followings as they go forward. Nice thing about competition you can make a choice.

Havasu Hangin'
09-27-2005, 05:32 AM
Nobody is questioning whether they can work on a boat- I'm sure there are alot of boats they have fixed with good experiences (even Scotty and I).
My point is that good past experiences with those guys doesn't count for anything if they decide to discriminate against you one day.

Party Cat
09-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Saturday morning, we went looking for an MSD box, but nobody had them.
Jeff...if you were looking for a 6M2 box...there was a brand new one sitting in the Nautical Cove all weekend.... :D :D
You guys even parked a few boats away from it Saturday night ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
09-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Parts = Barnical Bills
After the BS that place pulled with one of my very best friends, phuck him!

Havasu_Dreamin
09-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Not to mention, I know when I went into Aarons shop earlier in the afternoon that they were "SLAMMED" trying to get some projects done and get some cusomers back on the water for Saturday morning, and god bless Aaron for "immediately" taking a few minutes to help us diagnose the problem so we could make it on the water !!!!
That's the way everyone in Aaron's shop is. And that is the reason he is the only shop in Havasu we use. Aaron, Cheryl, Robert, and Brian have all gone out of their way to accomodate us.

Phat Matt
09-27-2005, 08:05 AM
A couple if weeks ago we were missing a new part for my boat that was missing from a package. It was just a small part but I needed it. I went over to Savage from Eticket and they gave it to me.
That was pretty nice of them. :)
And no it wasn't a zip tie. :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Jeff...if you were looking for a 6M2 box...there was a brand new one sitting in the Nautical Cove all weekend.... :D :D
You guys even parked a few boats away from it Saturday night ;)
So...you don't have a cell phone anymore?

Betitbig
09-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Maybe you get what you deserve Havasu Hangin... I can smell you from a mile away... Dirty Rat.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Well.....
I first met Aaron while he was at Savage......
I managed to throw a rod on Labor Day weekend in 2002, although I didn't know it at the time....
I pulled into Savage to see if they could to a quick leak down test as I thought something was REALLY wrong......
Aaron walked up and I greeted him and started telling him what was up....
Steve came out and asked what was up....I started to tell him the story and mantioned "Whipple"....
He then said...."No thanks....just get out of here!".....
I said....."Are you kidding?"....
He said..."Nope...Just get out of here".....
So.......
I back out of Savage into the mess of traffic heading to the Windsor ramp.....Cross the street into Jeff Clark's place to turn around (now Domin8tor Boats).....
I am SO F'ing PISSED off !!!!....that I forget that I'm towing my boat and manage to hit that BIG ASS rock (Boulder) that was on the corner and bend my left front axel.....
I would rather sit in my driveway in the kiddie pool than ever use that F'n place ever again !!!!
Aaron was always been the brains there !!!
Here's the scoop......The guy's cracked !!!!.....
He REALLY doesn't care what you guy's think of him.....REALLY!!!!......HE REALLY DOESN'T CARE!!
I think the term "Bi-Polar" comes to mind......
I really feel sorry for his wife Kelly.....She seems cool.....too bad !!!!
Screw that place......You know where my loyalty lies!!!!
Aaron and I agree on the meaning of the phrase "Customer Service"...
Later,
CJG
:clover:

PHOTOGLOU
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Someone please post thier number....... Then lets see how many people can call them and get an answer as to why this shiat happend.... Then lets compare answers............... PLEASE POST THE NUMBER

PHOTOGLOU
09-27-2005, 09:39 PM
cRaZY!!
Dan your aviator makes your boat look like its got a water leak :D GREAT PICTURE

MONEYFURNOTHIN
09-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Wow a thread that has something to do with boating! This is good info, poor business decision on savage's part. I love the fact that us "consumers" have a place to vent/inform others of jackass's like this. To the HB members defending savage, your good expierence doesnt justify his poor judgment in this case. The guy doesnt have reputation for being an asshole for nothing.

Party Cat
09-28-2005, 07:48 AM
So...you don't have a cell phone anymore?
Sure I do...Don't you ;)....
I heard that you were gonna be a boat biatch...but I didn't figure that you had the qualifications to be a boat biatch on such a nice boat :D :D :D
And I didn't realize that it was Kroozin's boat til I saw the back of it on Sunday Morning...I should have known since damm near everyone on the beach was talking about the twin 1400 hp motors :)

XTRM22
09-28-2005, 08:22 AM
To the HB members defending savage, your good expierence doesnt justify his poor judgment in this cast.
I'm not defending his business decision in this instance, but their bad experience doesn't nullify all of our good experiences. I wasn't going to respond to anymore of these posts hoping this thread would die, but in my circle, Savage has a reputation for straight up no bullshit work. I firmly beleive everyone has the right to post and read these facts, and base thier decisions on them. So the fact that Steve once showed up at 7:00 on a Sunday morning to repair a hydraulic line and flush the steering system for us carries as much weight as his decision to not help someone who has a whipple/blower motor or to not sell parts to someone who is frequenting his competition.
Chuck

RiverToysJas
09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Well this is great for someone like me who is considering having my annual services done in Havasu. I won't work with people who treat customers the way Savage treated Jeff. It's just not worth it to give my money to such people.
I felt the same way when I bought my boat, there were some builders I just didn't want to give my money to. Regardless of the boat they built.
RTJas :D

KROOZIN
09-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Dan your aviator makes your boat look like its got a water leak :D GREAT PICTURE
Thanks Jay, I trimmed up for that pic :D
Your pics look great too!! Talk about flyin' :2purples:

KROOZIN
09-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Someone please post thier number....... Then lets see how many people can call them and get an answer as to why this shiat happend.... Then lets compare answers............... PLEASE POST THE NUMBER
I looked it up in the phone book.
Savage Marine: (928) 680-6202
I'd be curious to hear their side of the story. Since I've never met Steve, and my boat has only been in town since Sept 10th...(it's been back east all summer)
All of my last boats were all serviced here in California, I've never had any work done in Havasu. Still haven't!!! Aaron only spent about 10 minutes with a test light on my boat.
My guess is, they're just bitter about Aaron leaving them and now he's doing so well.

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Wow a thread that has something to do with boating! This is good info, poor business decision on savage's part. I love the fact that us "consumers" have a place to vent/inform others of jackass's like this. To the HB members defending savage, your good expierence doesnt justify his poor judgment in this cast. The guy doesnt have reputation for being an asshole for nothing.
No offense to you but this is the dumbest thing I have heard. :rolleyes:
I am not saying what was done was right, but their are plenty of people who have had good experiences from Savage. Me being one of them. If they lost a couple of customers over it, so be it. That thought had to cross their minds when they made that decision. Fact is, they are close to the ramp, they have helped plenty of people out when they are in a jam and they will continue to stay in business. It's a boating town with plenty of business for all.
It's kind of like saying let's all boycott the marina. That seemed to work out well. :rolleyes: I am pretty sure they are still in business. Oh, and I have a season pass for Windsor and don't use the marina for anything so don't jump my shit. :)

RiverToysJas
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I am not saying what was done was right, but their are plenty of people who have had good experiences from Savage. Me being one of them. If they lost a couple of customers over it, so be it. That thought had to cross their minds when they made that decision. Fact is, they are close to the ramp, they have helped plenty of people out when they are in a jam and they will continue to stay in business. It's a boating town with plenty of business for all.
It's kind of like saying let's all boycott the marina. That seemed to work out well. :rolleyes: I am pretty sure they are still in business. Oh, and I have a season pass for Windsor and don't use the marina for anything so don't jump my shit. :)
So it's OK to be an A-hole and discriminate against some customers as long as you're close to the ramp, and treat other customers good. :idea: You're a dream client Matt. ;) ....I'll still be shopping elsewhere.....

6 Dollar Boat
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm not defending his business decision in this instance, but their bad experience doesn't nullify all of our good experiences.
I never had any bad experiences with Savage when I had my Hallet. But I tried to get them to change my distributor in my Lavey, and they couldn't find the time (I called for 2 weeks). So I was refered to Aaron by Lakeland Marine and I dropped by at 7:45 on a Sat AM. Aaron had it fixed by 9:30. I've been an Absolute customer ever since...
I don't want the uncertanty of not knowing what kind of MOOD the owner is in when I have service done.
BTW...If any of you have ever eaten at a Mac Donald's, I am pretty sure Carl's Jr. wont turn you away... :D :D :D

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
So it's OK to be an A-hole and discriminate against some customers as long as you're close to the ramp, and treat other customers good. :idea: You're a dream client Matt. ;) ....I'll still be shopping elsewhere.....
I didn't say it's ok. Look at the big picture. It's not going to hurt if there is plenty of business out there. The problem I have is when one person talks about the bad experience they had and people follow like sheep. Here is a news flash for everyone, people usually talk about the bad things first, not the good things. That's unfortunate.
When was the last time you heard someone say, "My cell service has been great, I haven't dropped a call all week!"
Chances are it's more like, "Screw this sevice, I dropped to calls today!"
That's the point I am trying to make. I never agreed about not selling the part.

framer1
09-28-2005, 09:04 AM
I've been to both, been treated good by both. I hope both do great a little competition never hurt :idea:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-28-2005, 09:14 AM
;) It's not going to hurt if there is plenty of business out there.
I don't agree Matt.....
Steve's recent actions have just brought his mood swing style of business to light again....
I also have friends that say he treats them well.....
I say everyone is due some basic level of respect, more if you are a business owner.....or atleast a somewhat smart one....
He is just a knuckle head who wandered into a decent thing.....
The way gas prices, insurance prices and such are going, it will start to distill the boating community a bit. Customer service and competency will start to play more of a roll in perfromance boating.
That one poor decision speaks volumes for a persons thought process and character (or lack of it).......or.....the BIG PICTURE....as you might say....
And.....the cell phone companies have a much bigger churn than the performance boat service industry.....
Plus......Who wnat's the drama with a service center......
We have enough of it here to last a lifetime.....
Later,
CJG

RiverToysJas
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I didn't say it's ok. Look at the big picture. It's not going to hurt if there is plenty of business out there. The problem I have is when one person talks about the bad experience they had and people follow like sheep. Here is a news flash for everyone, people usually talk about the bad things first, not the good things. That's unfortunate.
When was the last time you heard someone say, "My cell service has been great, I haven't dropped a call all week!"
Chances are it's more like, "Screw this sevice, I dropped to calls today!"
That's the point I am trying to make. I never agreed about not selling the part.
I hear you, and when Cingular goes a week w/o dropping a call, I'll let you know. :D
That's not a news a flash, about people complaining about poor service, but I have seen plenty of threads in this forum with people praising great service too. The "sheep" you are refering to are other people who have had bad experiences, should they remain quiet because someone posted their experience first? I think it's great that all the folks who's butt's have been saved by Savage have also come forward....Fox News would call it fair and balanced ;) . But at the end of the day, it's up to the end user, the customer, to decided who's experience was more important to them, and if they are going to give their money to the people who's business ethics have been called into question. Anyone can give good service, it's great service that keep customers coming back. I will admit that service issues hit me harder than many, my job as a project manager on a non-contracted multi-million dollar account has made me this way. Because of this, I understand that I am harder to please as a client than the average man on the street.
Will me not shopping at Savage be enough to put them out of business? No. That's not the point though. The point IMO is that we are now informed customers, and have more information to base our purchases on. Simple as that.

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Well if you haven't figured it out, I know them personally and have for about 12 years. Steve is the way he is and he is still in business. That's got to say something.
I don't think anyone would think it's cool to see a thread about friends of yours be questions about being "the biggest idiots in Havasu", but I guess that's just me. :)

Tom Brown
09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
One thing I can tell you is I'm sure as hell not going to use Savage any time soon. :mad:

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
One thing I can tell you is I'm sure as hell not going to use Savage any time soon. :mad:
Because they are savages right? :p

Nord
09-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't know how they can refuse to sell the box over that reason legally??
Someone explain please?? :confused:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
I don't think anyone would think it's cool to see a thread about friends of yours be questions about being "the biggest idiots in Havasu", but I guess that's just me. :)
Matt....
I don't think he's the biggest idiot in Havasu, but he definitely made the playoff's....
If you know him well, then I'm sure you can recall a few events that would make you shake your head........
Certain events make you really shake your head in wonder.....
Later,
CJG
:cool:

Jordy
09-28-2005, 09:31 AM
You're joking right? A private business doesn't "legally" have any obligation to sell anything to you. "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at anytime, for any reason." That ring a bell???
Tell me all that peroxide didn't sink in and cause permanent damage. :D :D :D

Tom Brown
Cite the law that forces anyone to do business with anyone.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
He has the right to refuse service.......
It's not RIGHT, but it is his RIGHT !!!
This is still America.....
CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
WOW.....
All 3 of us couldn't wait to get that message out !!!!
Hehe!
CJG
;)

LakeRacer
09-28-2005, 09:35 AM
You're joking right? A private business doesn't "legally" have any obligation to sell anything to you. "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at anytime, for any reason." That ring a bell???
Tell me all that peroxide didn't sink in and cause permanent damage. :D :D :D
Jordy,
At Hooters, next beer is on me. I just picked myself up of the floor. The peroxide statement is classic.

Tom Brown
09-28-2005, 09:43 AM
This is still America.....
Yeah........... for now.

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Matt....
I don't think he's the biggest idiot in Havasu, but he definitely made the playoff's....
If you know him well, then I'm sure you can recall a few events that would make you shake your head........
Certain events make you really shake your head in wonder.....
Later,
CJG
And like I said it's these things that stand out, not so much the ones where people get back on the water to enjoy their vacations.
I have said my peace. I'm done. Now go look at my new Eticket teaser pics. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89871) :D

CB1
09-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Garys Marine is still the worst hands down,, the biggest rip off in town...

MONEYFURNOTHIN
09-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Is it possible its the dumbest thing you have heard becasause these are personal friends of yours? Where did i say anything about boycotting savage? Maybe you should go back and read my original post. Fact is... the guy kinda has a rep for being an ass, whether he is your friend or not. All i was implying was its nice as a consumer when you feel like you got ****ed to have a place to let other consumers in the same industry know about it. There are plenty of boat shops in town. If he did you right then go there, but as a nutruel party who has not been done right or wrong by him, i would choose another boat shop before spending my money at his shop. Nobody said not to go there, just people sharing opinions

Havasu Hangin'
09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
I think you "happy savage guys" are missing the point.
Up until Friday, I was also recommending Savage. I've never had a problem with Savage. However, is Savage now "the biggest idiots in Havasu"?
I'm not sure, but if they are walking away from business from past (and maybe future) customers...for ANY reason...
...that's not good.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
09-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm not defending his business decision in this instance, but their bad experience doesn't nullify all of our good experiences. I wasn't going to respond to anymore of these posts hoping this thread would die, but in my circle, Savage has a reputation for straight up no bullshit work. I firmly beleive everyone has the right to post and read these facts, and base thier decisions on them. So the fact that Steve once showed up at 7:00 on a Sunday morning to repair a hydraulic line and flush the steering system for us carries as much weight as his decision to not help someone who has a whipple/blower motor or to not sell parts to someone who is frequenting his competition.
Chuck
Of course your not defending his business decision in this instance, there really is no defense. As far as him not wanting to work on a whiple/blower moter your right that is his decision, but there is a way to go about that would benifit his business a little more than "nope, get that thing outta here". It is also his right to refuse business/service to someone for "frequenting his competition", however it is also the consumer/customers right to come on the boards and tell other hot boaters of there expierence. As a savage fan i could see how you would want to see this thread die, but as a business man and a consumer who has been screwed on many occasions by different people and business's i dont want to see it die, its a chance for the consumer to let as many people know of there expierence as possible. This is one of the select industry's where the consumer has a voice that will be heard by MANY potential customers.

Tombstone
09-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Anyone ever heard of the phrase "one awww shitter, blows away a thousand ata-boys?" I have never personally given any patronage to Savage. But, by reading this thread, its obvious that this guy has had way more than just one 'aww shitter'. Thus, I will never be giving my business to Savage. The guy sounds like a little bitch, not selling a part to a totally new customer because he went to his competitor first, and this new customer not even having a clue to the drama between the two businesses? Thats some straight up nonsense. Im surprised no one has burned this place to the ground yet. PHUCK SAVAGE! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

XTRM22
09-28-2005, 12:58 PM
As a savage fan i could see how you would want to see this thread die, but as a business man and a consumer who has been screwed on many occasions by different people and business's i dont want to see it die, its a chance for the consumer to let as many people know of there expierence as possible. This is one of the select industry's where the consumer has a voice that will be heard by MANY potential customers.
Actually I wanted to see it die because of enlightened comments like the last line in Tombstones post. It's true, one oh cr@p you blew it beats alot of atta boys, but this is beatin a dead horse.
Havasu Hangin' I think you "happy savage guys" are missing the point.
Savage made a decision to not do business with you, it pissed you off and you aren't going to use them anymore, and you want other people to know about your mistreatment. (that's the point right?) I just get tired of the "biggest idiots in Havasu, I'm surprised nobody has burned them down Phuc them, blah blah blah" comments from everyone else. The witchhunt mentality of so many of us on here is the reason I've been a member so long and have so few posts.
Chuck

Midlife Advantage
09-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Steve and Kelly have always taken care of me within the quote given and timeframe wanted. I know Steve can be a little testy at times and also know he won't (doesn't want to) work on whipple, etc. Sorry to hear that some of you have had problems dealing with him. I don't like to hear things like this but my experience is that he has taken care of me. This has been going on for about 4 years now.
While Steve can be testy Kelly is an absolute sweetheart. No pun intended :)
Oh Tom, yer so sensitive. unfortunately, the cons way outweigh the pros for Savage. I would say give it time, sooner or later this bi-polar guy at Savage will turn on you. Never, ever drive by Aarons shop on your way to Savage, you might run out of gas or stop for a kid in the street and get black-listed! :hammerhea

Midlife Advantage
09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
If, IF it happens I will do what I have to do. I have discussed the situation with Steve a couple of times actually. I am well aware of the stress there. As long as I continue to get good service I am OK with it all.
I can not speak for others and have no intention to.
So you have first hand experience with Steve/Savage?
no, not first hand, I dont need to. I trust in the opinions and experience of friends, close and aquaintanced, when I am spending my money anywhere. I usually have my service done in Corona when I bring it back here for various reasons. Rob Clark at Quality Performance is an expert and honest, always fair. THAT I have from experience and I have sent many people there. If YOU told me that Savage was the place to go and you never saw any stress or problems there, I would use him. but thats not the case, and good service on an impeller or an oil change dont mean squat.
Now SNS's experience with Savage is enough for me thanks. If I ever need service in LHC, it will be Absolute.

TCHB
09-28-2005, 01:32 PM
My daugter was at school yesterday and found a little Chiwawa dog running around. She asked everyone about the dog and could not find anyone who knew anything about the dog. The small dog looked like it was lost for at least a couple days. She asked me to see if any of you are looking for a small Chiwawa dog about a year old. If you would like I can have her send pics.

XTRM22
09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
My daugter was at school yesterday and found a little Chiwawa dog running around. She asked everyone about the dog and could not find anyone who knew anything about the dog. The small dog looked like it was lost for at least a couple days. She asked me to see if any of you are looking for a small Chiwawa dog about a year old. If you would like I can have her send pics.
Now There's some Important input!! :)
You Rock Tony!
Chuck

Midlife Advantage
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I heard you hang out at their regattas'...and shit....lol
:cool: yup, thats the plan, if I can get outta some family crap that weekend! ...n shit. :cool:

Midlife Advantage
09-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I thought he was going to say that he saw Steve kick the dog. :D
or that he stopped for it in front of Absolute and got blacklisted!!!!! :jawdrop:

UnionJack
09-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Well I have never had a problem, and last time I was out with a buddy and sunday morning (Labor Day Weekend) he f-upped a water impeller, and we called Savage @ 9am and Kelly had us come right over. AJ had the boat back on the water at noon after changing both impellers.
Do you know how nice it is to be able to make a call sunday morning leaving the ramp and having your boat fixed and back on the water. On our way down to Savage I noticed that Arron wasn't open. Everyone has had shitty weekends and it was just great that they were there to help us out. My friend actually said with that kind of service he would never go back to his old place.
I have no issues with any of the service guys but, I am sure they have all pissed someone off at one time or another.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Absolute Speed & Marine Regatta
:D :cool: :D
YES LIST !!!!
1. SHAKEN Not Stirred (9)
2. Sbark1 (8)
3. Midlife Advantage (4)
4. Photoglou (73)
5. Whipped Caliber (2+)
6. ALL In (?)
7. Double Or Nothing (4)
8. Essex29 (4)
9. Havasu Dreaming (4+)
10. Rvrhlic (4+)
11. Raylar (?)
12. Shadow (?)
13. INSman (?)
14. Member:7673 (2)
15. CornWater (?)
16. 2LKHVSU (4)
17. M&M247 (2)
18. LHC30Victory (2)
19. Kilrtoy and the MRS (4+)
20. Focker (2)
21. DREWDOWN (2)
22. SHAKE-YO-AZZ (2+)
23. BeetleJuice (4)
24. Blackcloud75 (2)
25. Risky Busine$$ (4)
26. KROOZIN (?)
27. LAVYSABRE575 (?)
28. Kachina26 (?)
29. Framer1
30. Hot Diggity Dog on Big "R's" 42' MTI (6)
31. Bunny 166 (4)
32. The Real K-Boat King (4)
33. Roxysnow (2)
34. ChumpChange (2)
:frown: :frown: :frown:
MAYBE LIST !!!!
1. Voodoomedman (?)
2. dicudmore (?)
3. ADDICTED (?)
4. cc322 (?)
5. Reaper1 (?)
6. Throttle
:devil: :devil: :devil:
Uninvited List !!!!
1. DILLIGAF
2. Steve LeProhon
Hehehe!!!
CJG
:D

3:30dirty
09-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Well I usually try not to get caught up in these little discussions.....but...I had to chime in. I lived in Havasu for many years and am actually a graduate of LHC high in 95. Steve has been screwing people over for as long as he opened his doors. Obviously he is not aware of what the definition of customer service is. He should take note from Kelly as she always seems to be curteous or so ive heard. Steve still owes me 350.00 from a detail job I did for him in 1997, the customer was so unhappy with the motor work on his boat he left with out paying for his bill. His reply was " I dont give a shiet, I dont need his business". I never got paid for the job that i did for Steve, not the customer. There is a word I believe in greatly..ETHICS. In this day in age customer service is everything and I personally will spend more money for good customer service. I would rather drive back to Phoenix on a Saturday night than let that idiot touch my boat. Ahh I been wanting to say that since 1997. Thanks

shadow
09-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Well I have never had a problem, and last time I was out with a buddy and sunday morning (Labor Day Weekend) he f-upped a water impeller, and we called Savage @ 9am and Kelly had us come right over. AJ had the boat back on the water at noon after changing both impellers.
Do you know how nice it is to be able to make a call sunday morning leaving the ramp and having your boat fixed and back on the water. On our way down to Savage I noticed that Arron wasn't open. Everyone has had shitty weekends and it was just great that they were there to help us out. My friend actually said with that kind of service he would never go back to his old place.
I have no issues with any of the service guys but, I am sure they have all pissed someone off at one time or another.
UJ,Nice to be fixed and back in the water.As a matter I lost my impeller last Sun and Aaron brought the tools,a new impeller down to Crazy Horse and installed a new impeller,never had to load the boat back on the trailer.Fact is they all save the day most of the time.It's the petty shit that sticks in peoples minds.Glad to hear your friend got back on the water. :smile:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-28-2005, 02:46 PM
On our way down to Savage I noticed that Arron wasn't open. Everyone has had shitty weekends and it was just great that they were there to help us out.
Aaron is always open...... :D
Ask Photoglou !!!!! :idea:
The loyal guys have the hot-line number....... ;)
I, like most loyal Absolute clients, do what I can for Aaron & Cheryl because they are always there for us......
Here's a similar story for you.....
This past Labor Day weekend.....Sunday.....Aaron comes in to put my spare drive on so that I had the boat for the rest of the holiday......
and.....How many of you have seen Aaron head first in a boat in the channel installing a new impeller......day or night.......while most of stand around with a beer and watch......
and....I bet that Aaron is about the nicest guy that anyone of you knows...
He has absloutely (hehe!) no axe to grind with Steve at all, in fact is greatful for all he learned while at Savage.....He has told me this more times than I can count.
Aarons problem is that he puts the customer first TOO much sometimes....
He tends to over commit and ends up working way too late most of the time so that he can deliver......then he usually has more time into it than you get a bill for.....and I don't think I have ever heard Cheryl complain......
If Aaron has a fault, it's putting the customer service part in front of the financial gain part.......
I say it's working for him.....
Later,
CJG

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Absolute Speed & Marine Regatta
YES LIST !!!!
1. SHAKEN Not Stirred (9)
2. Sbark1 (8)
3. Midlife Advantage (4)
4. Photoglou (73)
5. Whipped Caliber (2+)
6. ALL In (?)
7. Double Or Nothing (4)
8. Essex29 (4)
9. Havasu Dreaming (4+)
10. Rvrhlic (4+)
11. Raylar (?)
12. Shadow (?)
13. INSman (?)
14. Member:7673 (2)
15. CornWater (?)
16. 2LKHVSU (4)
17. M&M247 (2)
18. LHC30Victory (2)
19. Kilrtoy and the MRS (4+)
20. Focker (2)
21. DREWDOWN (2)
22. SHAKE-YO-AZZ (2+)
23. BeetleJuice (4)
24. Blackcloud75 (2)
25. Risky Busine$$ (4)
26. KROOZIN (?)
27. LAVYSABRE575 (?)
28. Kachina26 (?)
29. Framer1
30. Hot Diggity Dog on Big "R's" 42' MTI (6)
31. Bunny 166 (4)
32. The Real K-Boat King (4)
33. Roxysnow (2)
34. ChumpChange (2)
:frown: :frown: :frown:
MAYBE LIST !!!!
1. Voodoomedman (?)
2. dicudmore (?)
3. ADDICTED (?)
4. cc322 (?)
5. Reaper1 (?)
6. Throttle
:devil: :devil: :devil:
Uninvited List !!!!
1. Boatfloating - KL 10/14-10/15
2. DILLIGAF - THE RESORT
3. SoCalHD
4. Squirtin Thunder - Home
5. Roxysnow - KL
6. Force 26 - KL
7. Plaster Dave KL
8. ProcraftKev
9. Scream & Debbolas & kids & dogs
10. Havasu Hangin' - KL 10/13-10-15
11. Cencal & family THE PONDEROSA
12. DEEZ NUTTS - My house or 311
13. ITS ALL GOOD & FAMILY- BULLHEAD
14. Sane Asylum and tater tots.......
15. Sbullet -KL 10/14& 10/15
16. Mike37
17. WhosYoRiverDaddy / *Ken's Wife* - Laughlin
18. Phat Matt and Goldi (week after my b-day ) KL 10/14 - 10/15
19. Boxscore & Fam - Katherine's ... Riverside Hotel 10/13-15
20. Phebus- 2 intensive care
21. H20 Toie -KL
22. jrocket- boatless?
23. AirtimeLavey & family
24. Freind of AA and Ta- KL
25. Holland and Family.
26. Pixalated Family
27. Double Or Nothing KL 10/14 - 10/15
28. 89Checkmate and the Mrs._10/14 - 10/15
29. Mr. & Mrs. CaSean KL 10/14-10/15 riding w/ SoCalHD & the Mrs.
30. Cola - ???
31. dicudmore- staying somewhere
32. Wmc & Mrs. Wmc will be there!!!
33. Bellababe & family-PP House
34. Racer277 and Mrs Racer 277-PP House
35. Riverrunner & family-PP House
36. Sandblasted & family-PP House
37. Rivercrazy & Wife
38. Prozach-KL
39.Somebeach & Wife-KL
40. Bobaloo/Angie- KL
41. Up4River-KL
42. DECKAT
43. THE BUDLIGHT CREW
44. DHO and the family - KL 10/14-10/15
Hehehe!!!
CJG
Updated. :D

shadow
09-28-2005, 02:54 PM
and.....How many of you have seen Aaron head first in a boat in the channel installing a new impeller......day or night.......while most of stand around with a beer and watch......
Later,
CJG
Actually it was 2 Sundays ago,And yes i am guilty of standing on the dock while Aaron was in my engine compartment replacing my impeller.But it was like 110 degrees and i was thirsty. :rollside:

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Good thinking Matt.....lol
I thought you would like that. :D

shadow
09-28-2005, 02:57 PM
:D :D :D
Plus, that dock ain't gonna hold itself up. :D
S hit we even had a folding chair and music.

UnionJack
09-28-2005, 03:11 PM
UJ,Nice to be fixed and back in the water.As a matter I lost my impeller last Sun and Aaron brought the tools,a new impeller down to Crazy Horse and installed a new impeller,never had to load the boat back on the trailer.Fact is they all save the day most of the time.It's the petty shit that sticks in peoples minds.Glad to hear your friend got back on the water. :smile:
Did he install your raylar kit?

shadow
09-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Did he install your raylar kit?
No, That would be Ray & Larry of Raylar.They did the engine assembly,Aaron just pulled the engine out and put it back in.

UnionJack
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
right-on, I think that the guy's we all deal with will always take care of us and I think they all watch whats going on around....

PHOTOGLOU
09-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Well if you haven't figured it out, I know them personally and have for about 12 years. Steve is the way he is and he is still in business. That's got to say something.
Matt, Love ya and hope you don't get mad , BUT if someone at your radio station told Mc Donalds you wouldn't accept thier money for radio spots because they advertised on say KROQ would that person loose their job??????????? :confused:

PHOTOGLOU
09-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Ask Photoglou !!!!! :idea:
I, like most loyal Absolute clients, do what I can for Aaron & Cheryl because they are always there for us......
Here's a similar story for you.....
This past Labor Day weekend.....Sunday.....Aaron comes in to put my spare drive on so that I had the boat for the rest of the holiday......
and....I bet that Aaron is about the nicest guy that anyone of you knows...
He has absloutely (hehe!) no axe to grind with Steve at all, in fact is greatful for all he learned while at Savage.....He has told me this more times than I can count.
Aarons problem is that he puts the customer first TOO much sometimes....
He tends to over commit and ends up working way too late most of the time so that he can deliver......then he usually has more time into it than you get a bill for.....and I don't think I have ever heard Cheryl complain......
If Aaron has a fault, it's putting the customer service part in front of the financial gain part.......
I say it's working for him.....
Later,
CJG
Yes three weeks ago Aaron drove out 2 1/2 hours to arrive at my "STUCK" (Hot boateditor should be here any minute) trailer to bring me a 5 ton jack at 2 in the morning. Aaron couldn't have gotten home before 4:30 am and from what I understand he was back at work at 7 am... Steve I have one story to tell but it's the same thing as I hear over and over treated me like dirt so I won't go back would rather stay at home than take the boat to Savage

Focker
09-28-2005, 07:58 PM
this thread has gotten ridiculous. I have no knowledge of Savage or Steve. Nor do I care. What has gotten out of hand is the need to backup Aarron or support Savage. Step back up and give Aarron the respect he has earned and look at the person he is. He does not put people down, he never puts anything in front of his customers needs, he is always at that focken shop from 6am to midnight when I have been there. He has gone out anytime I have needed him to meet me on the water to service my boat. He loves his family as they are with him all day(that is real character to a family man). Aarron does not need us defending him on this or any thread. Any person who has had the opportunity to get his assistance is damn lucky and thankfull.
Gerd

Charley
09-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Back to the original post.... I know both shops and both owners and it was handled wrong IMHO.... In my business when a competitor screws up or in this case doesn't have a part in stock it is a golden opportunity to seize a new customer or get an old one back....It's what I pray and hope for in my business... a customer who can't get what he needs done from my biggest competition...take care of the guy and slide a little pitch in there like "I'd appreciate any future business you would like to throw my way" ...

Havasu Hangin'
09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Back to the original post.... I know both shops and both owners and it was handled wrong IMHO.... In my business when a competitor screws up or in this case doesn't have a part in stock it is a golden opportunity to seize a new customer or get an old one back....It's what I pray and hope for in my business... a customer who can't get what he needs done from my biggest competition...take care of the guy and slide a little pitch in there like "I'd appreciate any future business you would like to throw my way" ...
You're a smart man, Charley...

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Matt, Love ya and hope you don't get mad , BUT if someone at your radio station told Mc Donalds you wouldn't accept thier money for radio spots because they advertised on say KROQ would that person loose their job??????????? :confused:
Jay, refer to post #100. :D

phebus
09-29-2005, 10:36 AM
This is just typical ***boat Lynchmob Mentality. The only thing that surprises me about this thread is that it hasn't hit 10 pages yet.

RiverDave
09-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Previous to Absolute being in biz.. I remember the ALCO vs Savage threads.. I've been over to Savage once. I think I'll stick with ALCO. I'm sure Aaron does nice work, but Doug over At ALCO has always treated me right and fair so I see no reason to shop around. Call it customer loyalty if ya want.
RD

PHOTOGLOU
09-29-2005, 03:28 PM
And like I said it's these things that stand out, not so much the ones where people get back on the water to enjoy their vacations.
I have said my peace. I'm done. Now go look at my new Eticket teaser pics. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89871) :D
DUELY NOTED Now would someone loose their job???? :mad:

LHC Kirby
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM
This is just typical ***boat Lynchmob Mentality. The only thing that surprises me about this thread is that it hasn't hit 10 pages yet.
yet

Phat Matt
09-29-2005, 04:00 PM
DUELY NOTED Now would someone loose their job???? :mad:
I could tell you stories about people who should have been fired many times over here. You have to really try to get fired and it takes more than one offense. We are an independent family ran station, so no.
Now if I worked for Clear Channel it would be a different story. :)

hot_diggity_dog
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Previous to Absolute being in biz.. I remember the ALCO vs Savage threads.. I've been over to Savage once. I think I'll stick with ALCO. I'm sure Aaron does nice work, but Doug over At ALCO has always treated me right and fair so I see no reason to shop around. Call it customer loyalty if ya want.
RD
How many of you Fockers can say you used them all? :confused: :2purples:
I had ALCO "Doug" do all my service on my factory Mercrusier motor years ago. :rollside:
I had Savage do all my service work, back when Aaron worked there. :rolleyes:
I currently I use Absolute to do all of my repairs and service work. :smile:
I've had Lakeland & Stealth Marine do repairs. :rollside:
I just want it done and done right! :clover: :rolleyes: :D
HDD :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-29-2005, 04:48 PM
How many of you Fockers can say you used them all?
Well.....Does this count ????
I use to use Doug at ALCO until Fran grew the penis.....
Oh...and I got a supercharger, which is a ALCO no-no....
I was thrown out of Savage without even a smile....
Or even a Prozac parting gift....
I went to Jeff Clark's.....
Just to watch Jeff do all the work while his employees watched.....and it NEVER got done......Ever!
I drove South to see the guy's at Lakeland......
REAL nice folks.....Just couldn't help me either......
So......What have I learned......
Aaron @ Absolute..... :smile:
Paul Pfaff..... :smile:
Bernie Wadekamper the Havasu Whipple guy..... :smile:
Here's my TEAM......
Later,
CJG
:p
BTW....Are we at 10 pages yet ??...... :wink:

09-29-2005, 05:38 PM
I have used Doug and Aaron both good i just want everything done
on my list the first time and never ask what it cost till i pick up or
they bring it

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-29-2005, 10:02 PM
What?
Only 6 pages ???
C'mon boys....We can do better than this !!!!
CJG

Kilrtoy
09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
What?
Only 6 pages ???
C'mon boys....We can do better than this !!!!
CJG
If they were union shops this thread would be 20 pages already
:) :) :) :) :)

Havasu_Dreamin
09-30-2005, 07:11 AM
If they were union shops this thread would be 20 pages already
:) :) :) :) :)
Yeah, becasue all the union workers would be hanging out on here instead of working! :p
It's a joke people.

ChumpChange
09-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Seven

boxscore
09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Anyone got Aaron's number?... I gotta call him. I'll give this about 5 mins before my lazy ass calls information. :sleeping:
Thanks

Havasu_Dreamin
09-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Anyone got Aaron's number?... I gotta call him. I'll give this about 5 mins before my lazy ass calls information. :sleeping:
Thanks
Absolute Speed and Marine. (http://www.absolutespeedandmarine.com/) 928-855-2252

boxscore
09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Absolute Speed and Marine. (http://www.absolutespeedandmarine.com/) 928-855-2252
Thanks

boxscore
09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
That was sure easy! Called Pam... wanted service tommorrow morning for my boat. " Sure, not a problem. Bring it by and we'll get right on it for you."
I've never called for boat service in Havi and had it done the next day. But it is Oct.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
That was sure easy! Called Pam... wanted service tommorrow morning for my boat. " Sure, not a problem. Bring it by and we'll get right on it for you."
I've never called for boat service in Havi and had it done the next day. But it is Oct.
He's still slammed right now.......
Good for him !!!!
Later,
........on the way to page 8 !!!!!!
CJG
:wink:

SummitKarl
09-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I can't belive this is thread is still going LMAO :hammer2:

boxscore
09-30-2005, 10:28 AM
He's still slammed right now.......
You saying he won't get it done on Friday?
I gots to know.
.... Just engine and drive oil.

boxscore
09-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Maybe if Aaron doesn't have any 50wt, I can stroll over to Steve's and bum some off him.

Phat Matt
09-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Maybe if Aaron doesn't have any 50wt, I can stroll over to Steve's and bum some off him.
Do you want me to call an set that up for you? :rollside:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
You saying he won't get it done on Friday?
I gots to know.
.... Just engine and drive oil.
OH!
He'll get it done!!!

boxscore
09-30-2005, 11:37 AM
No ... just bring yer video cam. :p

Havasu Hangin'
09-30-2005, 04:41 PM
That will go over well... :idea:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey!!
I found this old thread on page 4 of the "Sandbar"...... :idea:
Then I noticed that it only went 7 pages..... :cry:
162 replies for 4,879 views..... :notam:
Are you telling me that we're ready for this thread to die at such a young age? :confused:
CJG

Phat Matt
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey!!
Are you telling me that we're ready for this thread to die at such a young age? :confused:
CJG
Yep. :)

Focker
10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey!!
CJG
quoting a very famous person
FOCK NO

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Nope!......I have to support Steve to the end.....He married my cousins sisters brothers wife two marriages ago and I feel that he is still part of the family some how.....although I'm not sure how......So back-off A-Hole!!!! :)
Yikes!!!
Sorry Matt.....
I still love you man !!!!
Later,
CJG

Phat Matt
10-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Yikes!!!
Sorry Matt.....
I still love you man !!!!
Later,
CJG
Focker! :)
Going to Havi this weekend?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Focker! :)
Going to Havi this weekend?
Nope!!
Doing "Honey-Do's"....
How bout' you two ??
CJG
:coffeycup

Phat Matt
10-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Nope!!
Doing "Honey-Do's"....
How bout' you two ??
CJG
:coffeycup
We are leaving right now. How about next weekend?

KROOZIN
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
WOW, 5000 views :eek: :eek:
All over a $300 part :(
HHHmmm....??? :idea:

KROOZIN
10-01-2005, 09:55 PM
5000 VIEWS AND THEY DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO POST THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY.....must not be another side...huh? Sounds like a winning team to me :sleeping:

Kilrtoy
10-01-2005, 09:57 PM
5000 VIEWS AND THEY DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO POST THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY.....must not be another side...huh? Sounds like a winning team to me :sleeping:
That settles it...
They will now have a
DEATHMATCH 2005 LAKE HAVASU STYLE :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:

voodoomedman
10-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I've only got 4 pages. Guess it depends on your settings.

KROOZIN
10-01-2005, 10:07 PM
That settles it...
They will now have a
DEATHMATCH 2005 LAKE HAVASU STYLE :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:
as long as Savage doesn't host it.... :idea:
they'll drive all the customers away :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Yahoo!!!!!...
Welcome to page 8 !!!!!!!
Were goin' for 10 here.....
Happy Sat peep's......
Later,
CJG

RP1
10-02-2005, 07:07 AM
WOW, 5000 views :eek: :eek:
All over a $300 part :(
HHHmmm....??? :idea:
Were you not the same guy that publicly slammed Bob Teague and had to apologize... hmmmm! I guess some people always need to stir the pot. :hammerhea
Some times the smart man talk the least :idea:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-02-2005, 07:08 AM
I guess some people always need to stir the pot. :hammerhea
Hey NOW!!!!!
That's my job here !!!!!
You guy's get your own job !!!
CJG
:idea:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Actually....
I think it's...."Sometimes the smart man talks the least"..... :idea:
Later,
CJG
;)

KROOZIN
10-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Were you not the same guy that publicly slammed Bob Teague and had to apologize... hmmmm! I guess some people always need to stir the pot. :hammerhea
YEAH, I did.
Not stirring the pot, just wondering if they had a reason for acting like they did. I'm not against making a mistake and giving a second chance.
So, Savage is the smart guy here...??? :rolleyes:

RP1
10-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Actually....
I think it's...."Sometimes the smart man talks the least"..... :idea:
Later,
CJG
;)
Sure that's the one I was looking for. Good thing that Masters degree comes in handy every once in awhile.LOL I have others that I can throw out though. :D

RP1
10-02-2005, 05:26 PM
YEAH, I did.
Not stirring the pot, just wondering if they had a reason for acting like they did. I'm not against making a mistake and giving a second chance.
So, Savage is the smart guy here...??? :rolleyes:
Not my point at all. If this is all fact, then he should loose a tremendous amount of business for being less than any Boater friendly should be.
However, to step in several pages later and try to stir the pot does make people wonder where the motivation comes from. :rolleyes:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Well....
I don't really need any motivation to "STIR" anything !!!
Hehe!!
Hmmmm......Are we gettin' close to page 9 yet??
Later,
CJG

KROOZIN
10-03-2005, 04:58 AM
However, to step in several pages later and try to stir the pot does make people wonder where the motivation comes from. :rolleyes:
did you read post #5 and #11? It's not that hard to figure out where my motivation comes from:lightsabe

INSman
10-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Not my point at all. If this is all fact, then he should loose a tremendous amount of business for being less than any Boater friendly should be.
What the 'f' is your damn point then :devil:

Bre
10-03-2005, 07:38 AM
OK.. we all know how much of a Savage Marine Lover I am... and now that I finally had a chance to get on here and post.... I will post as i feel... a lot of you will wanna talk shit back... and go ahead.... but here is my .02
Wasn't the boat that this MSD box was for parked in front of Aarons shop for a lil while?? Maybe someone had a chance to see it parked there...... Steve and Kelly try to keep stocked up on extra parts for THEIR customers. Not for Aarons customers. It is not his fault that Aaron did not have something one of his customers needed. It was their LAST one. What if one of Steve's customers broke down that weekend and needed that last MSD Box??? He would have felt like shit telling a repeat customer of his that he couldn't help them out. I know anytime we, or any of our friends have ever needed anything Steve and Kelly has always been there to help us right away. And we/ our friends are back on the water that same day. Their customers allow them to have the things they have today... and they will cont. to give all they can to THEIR customers. Not the competition down the street's customers.
This is another HB bullshit drama thread. Bottom line is that it is not Steve and Kellys fault that Aaron cannot keep up his inventory for his customers.
I understand that Scotty?? or whoever it was that came in to try to get the MSD Box is a repeat customer of Steve and Kellys.. and believe me they feel like shit... but if it was for his boat.... they would have taken care of the problem. But it was not.. and they knew that. Some may call it childish... but those of us that are repeat customers of them... love them for it. I love being able to go to them at anytime, and they will drop what they are doing to get my family back out on the water... or they will even work 24 hours to get something done that needs to be done. Need a part... and they have it. You give back to the people that have kept giving to you... and that is what they do... sorry if you do not agree with it.
Luv ya guys :wink:

KoolPop
10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Sounds like some of the, so called, performance shops in Havasu have a little feud going on. If you want to stay away from political BS and just get your boat worked on, I suggest you check out Shimmer Marine (formerly Gaines Marine) they are the Playcraft dealer in town, but they work on everything. Mike runs sales, and his wife Anita handles the service dept. They are great people, and they are only interested in helping the boaters honestly and fairly. Advantage sends much of their work to them. They are on London Bridge Rd. right next door to Barnacle Bills. Check them out, I'm sure you'll like them.

INSman
10-03-2005, 08:11 AM
OK.. we all know how much of a Savage Marine Lover I am... and now that I finally had a chance to get on here and post.... I will post as i feel... a lot of you will wanna talk shit back... and go ahead.... but here is my .02
Wasn't the boat that this MSD box was for parked in front of Aarons shop for a lil while?? Maybe someone had a chance to see it parked there...... Steve and Kelly try to keep stocked up on extra parts for THEIR customers. Not for Aarons customers. It is not his fault that Aaron did not have something one of his customers needed. It was their LAST one. What if one of Steve's customers broke down that weekend and needed that last MSD Box??? He would have felt like shit telling a repeat customer of his that he couldn't help them out. I know anytime we, or any of our friends have ever needed anything Steve and Kelly has always been there to help us right away. And we/ our friends are back on the water that same day. Their customers allow them to have the things they have today... and they will cont. to give all they can to THEIR customers. Not the competition down the street's customers.
This is another HB bullshit drama thread. Bottom line is that it is not Steve and Kellys fault that Aaron cannot keep up his inventory for his customers.
I understand that Scotty?? or whoever it was that came in to try to get the MSD Box is a repeat customer of Steve and Kellys.. and believe me they feel like shit... but if it was for his boat.... they would have taken care of the problem. But it was not.. and they knew that. Some may call it childish... but those of us that are repeat customers of them... love them for it. I love being able to go to them at anytime, and they will drop what they are doing to get my family back out on the water... or they will even work 24 hours to get something done that needs to be done. Need a part... and they have it. You give back to the people that have kept giving to you... and that is what they do... sorry if you do not agree with it.
Bre
You have some valid points and in the end, it all comes down to the relationship. These shops are more in the "service" business than the "parts" business, and they could have let go of the product if they wanted to and found another in town as we did eventually.
A "smarter" businessman in my opinion would have take the opportunity to try and turn it into a positive saying something like the following: "I normally try to keep parts in stock for my customers and would not mind selling you the part if you could give us a shot at some of your business in the future and prove what we can do for you".
I can tell you that I would have responded to this and respected him quite a bit more. We were not even asking that they install it nor were we going to give it to Aaron to install. I would have marked the price up a bit at minimum and sold it to whomever. The town is too small to have things like this happen. Okay, off my soapbox for now, and this wasn't even my boat !! :D

6 Dollar Boat
10-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Wasn't the boat that this MSD box was for parked in front of Aarons shop for a lil while??
Bre, That wasn't Kroozin's boat parked out in front of Absolute...I thought it was also, but I asked Aaron while dropping off a buddies boat for service, and he said no....
Whoevers boat it was, that is one badass Skater...the wild paint made me think it was Kroozin's

Bre
10-03-2005, 08:55 AM
You might as well take what I just typed as if Steve or Kelly wrote it. They are very good friends of ours, and I know how they do business. Sorry a lot of you do not agree like I said. But it is THEIR business. Not OURS... not YOURS. We all have choices, make em. :shift:

Bre
10-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Bre, That wasn't Kroozin's boat parked out in front of Absolute...I thought it was also, but I asked Aaron while dropping off a buddies boat for service, and he said no....
Whoevers boat it was, that is one badass Skater...the wild paint made me think it was Kroozin's
Seems like there were a bunch of nice Skaters out there last weekend. Any of them need an extra hand on the boat ... give them my number 6 dollar... or if any of them are cute and single :wink:

INSman
10-03-2005, 08:59 AM
You might as well take what I just typed as if Steve or Kelly wrote it. They are very good friends of ours, and I know how they do business. Sorry a lot of you do not agree like I said. But it is THEIR business. Not OURS... not YOURS. We all have choices, make em. :shift:
Right you are, but you know how the ***boat forums work !! :cool:

shadow
10-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Thats Skater belongs to Roger Bourget.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-03-2005, 09:39 AM
You're missing the point......
The point here is to advise people of certain businesses practices.....
Steve is NOT a business man, just an un-balanced boat whench.
Oh...and BTW....character matters !!!....Not that you "ARE" a character, that you "HAVE" character......
People on this board should also remember that from time to time.....
"Character Matters" !!!!
If you know him so well, then you are aware of some of the crap he's pulled in the past.....and not to just his customers!
I support Aaron, not only because he's competent and willing, but because is a "MAN" of good character.....Who's also a "GREAT" father and husband....
Anyone who's in business knows how much of a challange this can be.....Sorry I'm not sure Steve passes this test...
Aaron's good character alone is why he deserves OUR business.....
I have yet to meet one person who has crossed Steve's path that can't see the un-balanced part.......I'm sure even you see it!!
So when in business did it become "His" or "Their" customers.....We're all potential customers......Business 101 !!!!
This is clearly an example of what not to do.....
But hey.....What do I know.....
I've been married for 18 years, have two great "well adjusted" kids and run an multi-million dollar a year business......NONE of it is EASY and requires Balance !!!!!
But I'll tell ya'....Having character that your family, friends & customers can rely on goes a very long way.....
Have I written the word "CHARACTER" in this post enough.....
Well....it F'n matters !!!!
Hey.....I'm glad that you've had good luck with him.....
THAT'S my .02 cents.....
CJG
;)

Mohave Vice
10-03-2005, 10:22 AM
I've never dealt with either one of these gentlemen. As being self employed myself .... "Character" matters. I've learned that people buy from whom they like. I wish the best to both facilities.

Bre
10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
First of all, I have NO axe to grind as I don't use either shop, GOT IT ? This is strickly from a businessman's point of view. INSman, you're right on target with your last post and BRE, nothing personal but you're full of sh*t as usual. I don't give a rat's ass if they are friends of yours- that makes no matter in this case.
What's this "your customer or my customer" bullsh*t? A customer is a customer for god's sake and a sale is a sale! It's all about making a buck for yourselves, staying in business year after year, and serving the customer. In just about that order as you can't have one without the others. Good "PR" is great but BAD "pr" is 10 times worse.
Havasu is a very small town and 'word' gets around. A business' can't survive 'in this situation with negatives associated with it's name unless it's the ONLY one of it's kind or is the ONLY ONE that can do that kind of work. As the town grows and more of this type of business comes to town it will get even more competitive and no one will put up with bullsh*t from any business owner as they'll go elsewhere.
While Aaron is easy to communicate with, Steve has no class or tact and should be locked in the back of the shop and have absolutely no contact with customers.(I said I don't use either shop not that I've had no contact with the parties in this discussion).
This discussion is centered around Steve's behavior so I'll only address that issue. If Steve really didn't want to sell his last item then it would have been to his benefit to just indicate that he was "out of stock', sorry, "I'd like to help you if I could, anything else I can help you with"? There would be no hard feelings and no negatives associated with the shop or owner. If he was miffed as they were at another shop "first", he could have marked it up a little and had his own "self satisfaction" in private. His lack of forsight or just maybe his "personality idiosyncrasy" (trait) prevented him from doing this and thus cost him many times more in bad publicity than he would have garnered in good publicity if he would have had said item in stock for one of "HIS" customers. He lost TWICE, the first being ' a sale' and the second being 'future sales'. As a businessman, he's on 'autophuck'.
IMHO,
Personal opinion is that he suffers from a large inferiority complex by finding it necessary to voice his thoughts to the customer (rubbing the customers nose in it, if you will) instead of keeping them to himself. I've usually found this type of person to be a 'know-it-all' and a bullsh*tter and I don't give my business to these types as I don't trust what comes out of their mouths.
I've HEARD that he is a good mechanic and he may be a 'great friend' (for Bre's benefit) BUT he damn sure isn't a good businessman.
JMHO,
Rio
Full of shit as usual... thanks LOL.. love it. Actually I gotta go drop the kids off now that you mention that. Sorry I am too much woman for you.. and you can't handle that.
It's not about your customer my customer... it's just that Steve has a lot of regular-repeat customers.. that are HIS customers, and he takes very good care of them. Not saying that every other shop in town doesn't take care of
their regular-repeat customers too.. as they should... he just runs his shop differently than you would like.
I think he is a good business man....he's been around longer than anyone.... so he is doing something right.
and yes, I agree with one more thing you said.... kelly should keep him locked up in the back :D And yes he is a very good mechanic :smile:

RP1
10-03-2005, 10:27 AM
did you read post #5 and #11? It's not that hard to figure out where my motivation comes from:lightsabe
Thanks for making my point... why not stop after those two posts unless you just had a need to stir the pot... enough said!

Bre
10-03-2005, 10:31 AM
oH and on a side note.. i did not read this whole thread.. so sorry if I missed the point.. just wanted to say my .02 of shit which means nothing :D

Bre
10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Right you are, but you know how the ***boat forums work !! :cool:
Yes I do... that is why I hardly post over here anymore :p I bet lots of people love it more over here because I am not :p

Bre
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Bre, you're right. Steve's been around a long while. If you're the 'only game in town' you can be that way BUT as soon as someone comes along that puts an effort into "being the best" at customer service, whatever that will entail, then Steve will be history. A 75 year old, ugly, toothless ***** would still have business if she was 'the only game in town'!
You're also correct in saying "you're toooo much woman for me'. Too much on the outside and not enough upstairs on the inside. The first time a woman of mine exposed herself in public, or conducted herself in a manner 'unbecoming a proper lady', she'd be sold and go home with someone else!
Rio
Welp.. I never claimed to be a smart woman. I am actually stupid as hell glad someone finally figured it out. It doesn't take brains to make money.... or make someone happy.... it takes heart... and I have a whole lot of it. I will make it someday. Doesn't matter if you don't feel the same way.
Sorry i like to expose myself in public sometimes.
I will cont. to be me. :) Have a nice day :)

INSman
10-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Welp.. I never claimed to be a smart woman. I am actually stupid as hell glad someone finally figured it out. It doesn't take brains to make money.... or make someone happy.... it takes heart... and I have a whole lot of it. I will make it someday. Doesn't matter if you don't feel the same way.
Sorry i like to expose myself in public sometimes.
I will cont. to be me. :) Have a nice day :)
Kind of a "No-Win" situation in that us guys like to look at women that expose themselves, but we don't want our girlfriends or wifes doing it once they are ours !! It's just like the guy that starts to date a stripper and then wants her to stop stripping :hammerhea

phebus
10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Bre, you're killing me. "Yea, I'm just stupid" coming from you, is like the old "Just please dont trow me in the cotton patch" line. You are as sly as a fox, and anyone that has been on here any length of time realizes just how "dumb" you are (right!) It's a shame you aren't posting here as much as you used to, as there are a lot of people that could learn a lot from you if they could get past their jealousy.

CornWater
10-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry to disagree, but you are absolutelyl incorrect in this statement.... The reputation of a boat shop in Havasu, where we ALL spend money is my business as well as everyone elses business... go ask Steve or Kelly how much of their business is word of mouth as well as repeat customers..

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if someone decided to sue for slamming one's character in this thread and harming their business......Hmmmmmm I for one would laugh my ass off :)
Time to move on folks.
Hey !!!!
Maybe "I" could be a character witness...... :notam:
I mean.....You know I'm a character and I've witnessed things !!!! :p
I think I qualify !!!! :idea:
Move on ???..... :confused:
I kinda like it here!!! :rollside:
CJG

CornWater
10-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if someone decided to sue for slamming one's character in this thread and harming their business......Hmmmmmm I for one would laugh my ass off :)
Time to move on folks.
But it is time when it is something you agree with??? :mad:

INSman
10-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey !!!!
Maybe "I" could be a character witness...... :notam:
I mean.....You know I'm a character and I've witnessed things !!!! :p
I think I qualify !!!! :idea:
Move on ???..... :confused:
I kinda like it here!!! :rollside:
CJG
Let the "Beating" continue !!! :hammerhea :boxingguy :D

CornWater
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Sorry, I don't know what you mean here...If you mean that IF I agreed with everything being said in here would I be for moving on? I don't take enjoyment in hammering on people.
You ever heard of beating a dead horse? I think the point has been made but some seem to think the thread should be bumped and so forth.
Many will continue to go to Savage regardless of what is said in this thread. Absolute has a dedicated following and will continue to have those customers.
The same people taking shots at Savage after having their say earlier just show they have other motives. Maybe it is just the enjoyment of hammering him. I don't know.....
Look, to each his own.
I personaly take no enjoyment in bashing anyone, or targeting their livelihood. Do you seriously believe I have a personal vendetta against Savage and any of their employees? As a business owner I seriously thought you would be able to speak "outside of the box." Perhaps Savage has treated you great in the past, but can you not seperate that and this wrongdoing? I can personally guarantee you that if Aaron, or any of his employees pulled this juvenile shit, I would have NO problem putting them on the line...

Charley
10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Bre #1 Steve and Kelly are my firiends too and I like them also. I will not hesitate to take my boat there in the future... I have never personally experienced anything negative like this, but rest assured if I ever do..They most definitely lose my business, especially if I can get treated better at absolute down the street.... Granted I am not expecting this to happen, and I count on them taking care of me whenever I show up at the savage shop so its a moot point.
You absolutely make very valid points on thier behalf about them having the right to refuse to sell, or wanting to stock parts for Savage customers, and not wanting to help a competitors shop.....especially an ex employees shop that is gaining momentum..... BUT ....... They honestly need to realize that the momentum Absolute is gaining only picks up speed when they make decisions like this. In my humble opinion, and like I stated before, it's a golden opportunity for Steve and Kelly to shine by helping out a boater in need.... just look at all this bad press they are getting here from this thread, not to mention the people like Joey that got "refused" a part he knew Steve had....This is not to mention Kroozin or the others that wanted to be on his boat that weekend a lil sooner, that now think Steve boned em.
Savage obviously knew the box was going to Absolute to be installed, so now consider this... Instead of Savage being the bully....Savage sells the box at FMV with the stipulation that they install it....Then the kicker..offer the Savage labor to install it for free....maybe $18-$36 out of thier pocket, which they certainly made plenty more on the markup on the box itself..... now look what Savage has done... taken a big baller skater owning customer out of absolute's shop and given him something serious to consider.....yep Savage can big ball on the service end too and is certainly worth future consideration!
granted giving labor away should be a rare occurence, but for that kind of money and the positive reprecussions that could have happend here instead of this thread are pretty obvious. Just my opinion

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Why do I get the feeling that you enjoy other peoples misfortunes/failings?
Soooooo Not true !!!!! :confused:
I'm one of the nicest guy's YOU know.....although haven't met yet!!!
I would do just about anything for anyone who need it......Very rarely is it ever about me!!!
I believe in supply and demand......Like you and your business, neither one of us got to where we are by being stupid !!! :idea:
Hell.....We've fired customers before.....But it was because of someone pulling BS, or not paying on time, numerous times, or shiat like that!!!
I work hard each day, even when I'm not in my office (playing video games like the employees believe) I go above and beyond for my customers, even pull off a small miracle now and then.... :cool:
Now.....to your statement......
I am VERY opinionated......and those who do know me, know that I am WAY harder on myself than I am on others.... :frown:
What I CAN"T STAND is someone creating their own misfortunes/failings with a moment of poor judgement. :sqeyes:
Bre's statement..... :confused:
"I think he is a good business man....he's been around longer than anyone.... so he is doing something right."
What a load of nonsense !!!! :rolleyes:
People have just put up with his crap all this time without question !!!! :confused:
And I for one don't have no time for mediocrity!!
CJG
:smile:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, Chris...good for you
WOW....
You must be tired !!!
I've seen you reply more to the "Who's still up thread"...
Later,
CJG

INSman
10-03-2005, 07:46 PM
WOW....
You must be tired !!!
I've seen you reply more to the "Who's still up thread"...
Later,
CJG
This is getting funny !!! :D
Bottom line for me is that I just happened to be with Kroozin' that day, along with (2) others, not including the boat owner (DAN). His actions not only affected the person in need of the product, but the other (3) of us that were in the party. He managed to piss off (4) people (all boat owners) in one fell swoop !!! :jawdrop: :eat:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
SNS....I did meet you one time. I came up to you and introduced myself.
OH YEA!!!!...
Now I remember...... :idea:
You posted this..... :rolleyes:
Man....that SNS....He is possibly the nicest guy I have ever met.....always willing to lend a hand......What a great guy !!!
I feel the same way Tom.... :smile:
Are we at 10 pages yet?? :smile:
Later,
CJG

boxscore
10-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Used Aaron for the 1st time this past Friday. I must say, Aaron is extremely personable and attentive. And I'm just pulling thru for a simple service.. not an engine tear down or anything that requires lots of thought and consideration from the shop or boat owner. He takes the time to shoot the BS with me for a while (trust me, he's got better things to do), the whole time his boys are doing a decent and unsolicited detail on the boat before hooking it back up to my truck. Bottom line is that Aaron is giving awesome customer service which is quite contrary to what the dude down the street is doing. After hearing all the stories about .... excuse me... "BI-POLAR" behavior from Steve, I'm certain I'll never be bothering him with my whipple-laden motor (note...I understand he can't stand such a package).

boxscore
10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
BTW... that's 10 pgs

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
BTW... that's 10 pgs
My work is done here !!!!!!
Time to go find Kilrtoy !!!!!
Someones gotta' keep HIM in line !!!!!!
Up-Up and AWAY!!!!!
Hehe!!!
Later,
CJG

Havasu Hangin'
10-04-2005, 11:05 AM
As much as I hate quoting myself...
She comes back and said that because we stopped at Absolute yesterday evening they won't sell it to us. We tell them that we are going to put it on (not Absolute), they still said no. We told them that we would pay them to put it on...they still said no.
The funny part is that Scotty (part of the DCB Kool-Aid crew) has given that shop ALOT of business over the years (recommended by Dave), and he is the one that went in to ask about the box.
...the MSD box was for one of their customers (we honestly went there to give them the business)...but I guess they didn't care.

my21advantage
10-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Ya know I'm all for this free info when someone wrongs ya but I gotta pipe in here for a minute. I'm sure Aaron is everything he's said to be, I've never heard a cross word about him, and some of the stories go way beyond reason what he'd do for a customer. Well good work and great service has been my experience with Steve at Savage. I definitely ain't some big baller Skater, or Cigarette owner,my little DCB hasn't required a lot of service although Savage replaced my gimbal ring last year in exactly the amount of time they said and for exactly the amount of money they quoted. HH, I'm sorry that happened to ya and a little surprised that they wouldn't sell the part to Scotty (the koolade factor would have usually been enough) but if you found the part elsewhere 10 minutes later it really doesn't sound like that big a deal. I wish Aaron all the success in the world and the same to Savage, and until they give me a reason not to, Savage is who I'll deal with.
Chuck
DIDDO!

Kilrtoy
10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
My work is done here !!!!!!
Time to go find Kilrtoy !!!!!
Someones gotta' keep HIM in line !!!!!!
Up-Up and AWAY!!!!!
Hehe!!!
Later,
CJG
YOU RANG.......

OnlyMoney
10-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Thats Skater belongs to Roger Bourget.
Roger sold (or is selling) all his boats and only used Savage when he had boats, so if he were back as a boat owner, I would think he would be using Savage. I don't think he'd even know Absolute was there. I heard Gunslinger was out there, maybe that's who the "mystery boat" is.

shadow
10-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Roger sold (or is selling) all his boats and only used Savage when he had boats, so if he were back as a boat owner, I would think he would be using Savage. I don't think he'd even know Absolute was there. I heard Gunslinger was out there, maybe that's who the "mystery boat" is.
I belive you are mistaken,That was Bourgets boat in front of Aarons shop.
Maybe like ditech commericial,
Lost another one to Absolute. ;)
By the way welcome to ***boat fourms.

OnlyMoney
10-07-2005, 09:21 AM
I belive you are mistaken,That was Bourgets boat in front of Aarons shop.
Maybe like ditech commericial,
Lost another one to Absolute. ;)
By the way welcome to ***boat fourms.
Thanks. And thanks for correcting me. We used to boat with Roger when he had the condo in the channel and bought one of his bikes and all that, but after the divorce stuff started we parted ways. I'm glad he figured out Aaron was the one who did the BEST work. :wink: