PDA

View Full Version : Please Keep Me in Your Prayers

***boateditor
05-09-2006, 10:28 PM
To begin with, I am fine.
I have suffered no debilitating injuries or life-altering medical emergencies. Moreover, no longtime friends or even casual acquaintances have experienced anything that could remotely be characterized as a crisis. To the best of my knowledge, all of my immediate family members are in the best of health, and even those in my extended family (including cousins and in-laws) are reportedly doing just fine. In short, there is no need to worry.
Nevertheless, I would like to ask everybody who reads this to keep me in his or her prayers. If possible, please ask anybody you know -- and, if it's not too inconvenient, even people you do not know -- to add me to the list of people to pray for.
It's not that I personally believe in the power of prayer. Quite the contrary. It is a colossal waste of time and effort.
However, this is precisely what I am asking you (and everybody you know and do not know) to do.
Simply because I asked you to.
Who knows? Maybe with all of these people praying for me, something wonderful will happen.
Well, no, it won't. But do it anyway. Just for my own amusement.
In the autumn years of my life, I would like to look back and briefly reflect on the time when a large group of people was praying for me, without any reason whatsoever. It strikes me as amusing.
That alone should be enough of a reason to pray for me.
And besides, it costs you nothing. Unless you believe that praying for someone for no reason at all makes all of your other prayers somehow less valuable. If that is the case, well, I must politely insist that you pray for me anyway.
What, you need a reason?
OK, fine. I'm deeply depressed. Also, I have a cavity. There, are you happy? Great! Now go pray for me. All of you. And then you may resume your Internet activities. Thanks muchly.

Kilrtoy
05-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh im praying for ya....
im praying you get that job done we spoke off :boxed:

Phat Matt
05-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Peace be with you.

acatitude
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
oh im praying for you... you probably need it more then you think as do many... you shooiuld feel better in the morning with all the prayers floating around your karma :sleeping:

bignet
05-09-2006, 10:42 PM
as a pretty serious catholic, i will pray for you and your family..regardless of your intentions...however.. could you find out any info on the carrera regatta?? rick and dennis are harder to get ahold of than the big guy upstairs.
let the prayers begin!
"Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name...."
bignet

FMluvswater
05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
I have suffered no debilitating injuries or life-altering medical emergencies. Moreover, no longtime friends or even casual acquaintances have experienced anything that could remotely be characterized as a crisis. To the best of my knowledge, all of my immediate family members are in the best of health, and even those in my extended family (including cousins and in-laws) are reportedly doing just fine. In short, there is no need to worry.
Nevertheless, I would like to ask everybody who reads this to keep me in his or her prayers. If possible, please ask anybody you know -- and, if it's not too inconvenient, even people you do not know -- to add me to the list of people to pray for.
It's not that I personally believe in the power of prayer. Quite the contrary. It is a colossal waste of time and effort.
However, this is precisely what I am asking you (and everybody you know and do not know) to do.
Who knows? Maybe with all of these people praying for me, something wonderful will happen.
In the autumn years of my life, I would like to look back and briefly reflect on the time when a large group of people was praying for me, without any reason whatsoever. It strikes me as amusing.
And besides, it costs you nothing. Unless you believe that praying for someone for no reason at all makes all of your other prayers somehow less valuable. If that is the case, well, I must politely insist that you pray for me anyway.
What, you need a reason?
OK, fine. I'm deeply depressed. Also, I have a cavity. There, are you happy? Great! Now go pray for me. All of you. And then you may resume your Internet activities. Thanks muchly.
Don't think I won't. :smile:

PlyaPlya22
05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
God Bless

vdrivenman
05-10-2006, 02:05 AM
your tongue in cheek fun of prayer just shows that you do need some prayer.
prayer is not just for time of need. prayer is a word of thanks and praise for
all the daily accomplishments and lifes gifts that we sometime take for granted. a conversation with God.
i will pray for you that your needs be met and that whatever makes you feel or say the things you did are resolved in your life. if we pray and there are results in your life,will you be man enough to admit them and where they came from ???

HM
05-10-2006, 02:47 AM
I will pray that you get laid....sounds like you need it!!!

Silver
05-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Ok.

JetBoatRich
05-10-2006, 03:42 AM
:rolleyes: with some of the other people on hear that truly need the support :mad:

GHT
05-10-2006, 04:52 AM
I was going to pray for you but it appears there are enough people doing it already. There for you will not be needing me to waste my time. Besides, you never exactly explained who you would prefer us to pray too. :)

mike37
05-10-2006, 05:21 AM
What, you need a reason?
WTF are you trying to say
if you are saying that its a joke to ask for prayer on this forum in a time of need then go to hell you f ucking dick :mad:

superdave013
05-10-2006, 05:54 AM
fock you! :p

Debbolas
05-10-2006, 05:58 AM
I'm prayin for ya..........(you could have just sneezed and received the same results)
;)

Infomaniac
05-10-2006, 05:58 AM
You can pray for someone to have a severe case of constipation. And when they ask for more prayer, pray for serious case of the runs. Then they ask for prayer again.
Geez cant satisfy anyone.

Itsahobby
05-10-2006, 06:32 AM
And I was going to get a subscription to Hot Boat. There is a magazine? Isn't there?
I will pray for your family, since there is one less person praying for them.
Hobby

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2006, 07:03 AM
I'll pray for you as soon as you send me the t-shirts you promised :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
05-10-2006, 07:22 AM
I thought you were needing prayers since you were coming out to the middle of Virginia. ;)

Squirtin Thunder
05-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Bret I had little respect for you :mad: after CBBB in '05, but now I have absolutly 0 respect for you. :yuk:
Here is my prayer for you;
Dear Lord,
Please give pitty to Bret and for give him for what he has done in the past. Using his power and influence in unconstuctive ways. Please show him the right path. Dear Lord as I type this I can only pitty Bret, please show him the right way.
Amen

SummitKarl
05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Sounds like it's REVIEW time at Hot Boat Mag :p :)

Sigus
05-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks Brett, this has the makings of a very entertaining thread!

Liberator TJ1984
05-10-2006, 08:04 AM
May you never be face down in Shit ....and actually need prayers :yuk:

superdave013
05-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks Brett, this has the makings of a very entertaining thread!
I agree! lol

LAFD
05-10-2006, 08:13 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KACHINA KEN
05-10-2006, 08:19 AM
your tongue in cheek fun of prayer just shows that you do need some prayer.
prayer is not just for time of need. prayer is a word of thanks and praise for
all the daily accomplishments and lifes gifts that we sometime take for granted. a conversation with God.
i will pray for you that your needs be met and that whatever makes you feel or say the things you did are resolved in your life. if we pray and there are results in your life,will you be man enough to admit them and where they came from ???
Ditto

Jen
05-10-2006, 09:16 AM
On my knees baby!!! Oh I see the plan now!

Tom Brown
05-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Praise God.

GHT
05-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Praise God.
Nice prayer Tom.... :rolleyes: You could have put more thought into it.. :)

h2oski2fast
05-10-2006, 09:37 AM
:rolleyes: with some of the other people on hear that truly need the support :mad:
I agree!
What an ASSHOLE.

Nord
05-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I can't believe this thread is even on here!!!

RiverDave
05-10-2006, 09:57 AM
You know I can understand the post (or the joke to put it better..). Under usual circumstances I'd find it humerous, and probably laugh at it, and say something like "no shit" under my breath..
I just gotta question the timing is all? With some of the shit going on in our little community right now, I think it's in poor taste to say the least. My first thoughts when I saw the thread was "Damn, something else terrible happened?"
In typical Brett fashion, I'm sure you'll come on here and defend it.. Claiming it was a funny e-mail you got and posted it for everyones enjoyment. Then you'll take the typical "F.U." it's just the internet routine, after that you'll start taking apart peoples posts, and poking fun at their spelling and grammar etc..
In reality, if it was me anyways, I think I'd just make a small apology worded something to the effect of you didn't think about those that are asking for prayer right now and didn't mean any offense. Maybe Put the shovels away before you start digging an even deeper hole. As you are most likely thinking right now "It is just the internet." As is made evidently clear by the posts in this thread though, the internet can very much influence a persons perception of another. Right now the general perception of you is sinking pretty quick.
RD

pixilatedpussy
05-10-2006, 10:01 AM
What, you need a reason?
Prayers said. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Captain Dan
05-10-2006, 10:01 AM
I can't believe this thread is even on here!!!
I would have to agree.
One can get hardened by reading all of the responses to bad things that happen in our lives that are posted here, accidents, etc. All the posts say that "we will keep you in our prayers". I'm not a religious person, but even if you don't believe in the power of prayer, it is in poor taste to knock those who do, and insulting to those persons responding in a sincere manner.

***boateditor
05-10-2006, 10:53 AM
You know I can understand the post (or the joke to put it better..). Under usual circumstances I'd find it humerous, and probably laugh at it, and say something like "no shit" under my breath..
I just gotta question the timing is all? With some of the shit going on in our little community right now, I think it's in poor taste to say the least. My first thoughts when I saw the thread was "Damn, something else terrible happened?"
In typical Brett fashion, I'm sure you'll come on here and defend it.. Claiming it was a funny e-mail you got and posted it for everyones enjoyment. Then you'll take the typical "F.U." it's just the internet routine, after that you'll start taking apart peoples posts, and poking fun at their spelling and grammar etc..
In reality, if it was me anyways, I think I'd just make a small apology worded something to the effect of you didn't think about those that are asking for prayer right now and didn't mean any offense. Maybe Put the shovels away before you start digging an even deeper hole. As you are most likely thinking right now "It is just the internet." As is made evidently clear by the posts in this thread though, the internet can very much influence a persons perception of another. Right now the general perception of you is sinking pretty quick.
RD
I disagree. A small apology would be completely inappropriate.
I think a HUGE apology is what I owe everybody.
For what it's worth, it wasn't my intention to mock anybody but myself. I still can't believe anybody took me seriously. It was just supposed to be intentionally retarded -- the joke is that I'm asking for prayers when there's nothing wrong with me! Who would do that? Well, it struck me funny when I wrote it. I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended. Now at least I have something to pray for -- your forgiveness.
B

Wet Dream
05-10-2006, 11:02 AM
You overly sensitive pieces of shit!! Prayer comes in all levels. If you cock suckers can't see past it, go **** yourselves.

KACHINA KEN
05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
forgiveness is easy. Done.

KACHINA KEN
05-10-2006, 11:06 AM
You overly sensitive pieces of shit!! Prayer comes in all levels. If you cock suckers can't see past it, go **** yourselves.
OK, I'll bite. Fill me in.

Keith E. Sayre
05-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm with Kachina Ken, forgiveness is easy. I'm in too. We all do strange
stuff and then feel dumb later. C'est LaVie.
Keith Sayre

Wet Dream
05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Ok, that was a first reaction post. Yes, there are people that take prayer to different levels. Some people pray that they pass their finals, or that the loan goes through, or that they get to bang the chick they met in a bar. Some pray for the unfortunate ones that have been involved in an accident, or some illness. Personally, I prayed everyday for my Dad who was dignosed with cancer and died 8 months later. I still listen to little Jimmy Norton, who makes jokes about cancer patients and I don't take it personally. I'm surely not going to jump all over someones ass because they make a humorous attempt at asking for prayer due to a cavity or any other reason that may come off as meaningless. I truly feel for those that need prayer, especially those that are close to us here on the boards, but I don't condemn someone for making a post about prayer just because its not as severe as ones that may already be needed.

acatitude
05-10-2006, 11:25 AM
what a sick fockin post with what amy's going thru and a few others. pretty sad perception, but I will forgive cuzz thats my nature and youve already stepped on your intriquity big time with a lot of folks on here... I guess it was already a little in question anyways........ but I give you props for being man enough to admit and accept your fock up...... hoping your serious about that at least .......... Oh and I will say one little prayer for you now as you desperatly need it. amen

***boateditor
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
On a totally unrelated note...I see that Kachina Ken wants us not to buy Kachina boats. So why is he called Kachina Ken? Seems like if you wanna steer people away from a specific manufacturer, you wouldn't want your own screen name to advertise them. Just wondering.
FYI, this isn't a bash on Kachina! We have a beautiful three-page story on one of the nicest Kachinas I've ever seen in the forthcoming July issue...

***boateditor
05-10-2006, 11:36 AM
We all do strange
stuff and then feel dumb later. C'est LaVie.
Keith Sayre
As awful a mistake as I made, it doesn't hold a candle to a screw-up we made in the new June issue. Ugh. I want to DIE.

DCBDaytona
05-10-2006, 11:40 AM
As awful a mistake as I made, it doesn't hold a candle to a screw-up we made in the new June issue. Ugh. I want to DIE.
Screw up....it wasn't with the spread of my dad and I, was it???

***boateditor
05-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Screw up....it wasn't with the spread of my dad and I, was it???
No, no..that's the July issue, which we're still creating. I'm talking about the June issue, which is out now (Ultra on the cover of the West Coast version).

Nord
05-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Ok, that was a first reaction post. Yes, there are people that take prayer to different levels. Some people pray that they pass their finals, or that the loan goes through, or that they get to bang the chick they met in a bar. Some pray for the unfortunate ones that have been involved in an accident, or some illness. Personally, I prayed everyday for my Dad who was dignosed with cancer and died 8 months later. I still listen to little Jimmy Norton, who makes jokes about cancer patients and I don't take it personally. I'm surely not going to jump all over someones ass because they make a humorous attempt at asking for prayer due to a cavity or any other reason that may come off as meaningless. I truly feel for those that need prayer, especially those that are close to us here on the boards, but I don't condemn someone for making a post about prayer just because its not as severe as ones that may already be needed.
Not to stir the pot, but the point was stated that he never really wanted prayer, he just wanted everyone to see the humor.

tamalewagon
05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Do tell?

Tom Brown
05-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Nice prayer Tom.... :rolleyes: You could have put more thought into it.. :)
Yeah, I phoned that one in.
At least I didn't get all righteous about it like RiverDave. Way to take the high road, Dave.
I think Brett just wanted to elevate everyone's spirit with some levity. I thought it was cute and had a small laugh. If someone else thinks it's a shot at them, that would be their problem but if they were to step forward, I'm sure they would be consoled and offered plenty of friendship and support.
Brett strikes me as a good man with a good heart. That's all the judging of him that I need to do.
PS - Serve Satan. :cool:

***boateditor
05-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Do tell?
Ugh, the printer made a mistake and omitted a crucial block of copy (on something I wrote, natch). You'll see it...or rather, you won't, because it's not there!

Jbb
05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Ugh, the printer made a mistake and omitted a crucial block of copy (on something I wrote, natch). You'll see it...or rather, you won't, because it's not there!
It wasn't some tirade about prayer....was it?...... :p

***boateditor
05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I think Brett just wanted to elevate everyone's spirit with some levity. I thought it was cute and had a small laugh.
I am never going to drink and use the Internet again. EVER.
Brett strikes me as a good man with a good heart. That's all the judging of him that I need to do.
God bless you, Tom. In the totally non-ironic way. :)

Wet Dream
05-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Not to stir the pot, but the point was stated that he never really wanted prayer, he just wanted everyone to see the humor.
I felt that was the intention of the post, and so did several other people, and they went with it. That was until until Mike37 posted, and then RD. From there, alot of people jumped on that band wagon and bashed Brett because they can't find humor. I hope people can find humor in anything.

OutCole'd
05-10-2006, 11:58 AM
I found it nothing but humor.
But then again, I don't take religion very serious either.
Thanks for the attempt Brett.

Wet Dream
05-10-2006, 11:58 AM
:)
If you don't, you'll never quite fit in. ;)

maxwedge
05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Somebody omitted the entire May issue from ever reaching my mailbox too, but I got a nice letter from Ivette L at subscriber services today telling me that they have reasearched the matter and I can expect it in another 3-4 weeks. (I'm not really pissed, just thought it was funny that she couldn't just send out the May issue, instead of the letter?) :D
Whatever they are smoking over there, tell them to please include some when they send out my T-shirt. :D

Phat Matt
05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I found it nothing but humor.
But then again, I don't take religion very serious either.
Thanks for the attempt Brett.
I hope you burn in hell. :skull:
I know you are already half way there, you live in Sin City. :rollside:

OutCole'd
05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
I hope you burn in hell. :skull:
I know you are already half way there, you live in Sin City. :rollside:
Thanks, neighbor. :D

Phat Matt
05-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks, neighbor. :D
Some decisions should be made next week. :D

OutCole'd
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Some decisions should be made next week. :D
I meant in Hell.

Phat Matt
05-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I meant in Hell.
What do you thin I meant? :crossx: :220v: :skull:

HammerDown
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Prayers answered!
Something wonderful will happen for you...You'll be meeting me at Lake Anna.

N2Lake
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
We have a beautiful three-page story on one of the nicest Kachinas I've ever seen in the forthcoming July issue...
I just pray that I get that issue, and the T Shirt for the renewal. :mad:

mike37
05-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I felt that was the intention of the post, and so did several other people, and they went with it. That was until until Mike37 posted, and then RD. From there, alot of people jumped on that band wagon and bashed Brett because they can't find humor. I hope people can find humor in anything.
I have no issue with joking around about any thing but some times the
time and place makes a big difference from a joke to an insult
I think RD make a better piont than I did but im more direct and to the piont

cxr133
05-10-2006, 07:14 PM
i would usually oblige and pray for someone like you.....
but after seeing the pics that you posted today, i am cursing you for having such a great job

riverroyal
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371HB_sign.jpg

Kilrtoy
05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
you know i find this pretty f ucking retarded to start a thread like this ..... and to have three freakin pages of replies is even worse ...... the're are people (& good friends) are laying in hospital beds with serious injuries that need your "real" prayers, so don't waste your time with this b ullshit .... please visit www.chrisackerman.com - www.ernestofonseca.com - www.helpjames.org thanks, a sensitive keyes
WOW, he is making a joke and you got a little to serious.......

Tom Brown
05-10-2006, 09:45 PM
WOW, he is making a joke and you got a little to serious.......
No kidding. :cool: http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
There is enough room in our hearts to care about and support all of the people who are hurting and there is also room for someone who wants to have fun. Nobody wishes anything bad on anyone.
Well... it could be argued we wish a plague of anal polyps on the people who run the LHC marina but that is the only exception.

hoolign
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Me too !

Wake Havasu
05-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Its Ok to surf loaded.
Just stick to the porn sites.

MRSDRMCAT
05-11-2006, 06:36 AM
From a girls perspective (because we are usually the sensitive ones) I thought it was funny! When I read the thread it did not occur to me once that you were trying to down play the power of prayer....just making fun of yourself. :rollside:

haulina29
05-11-2006, 07:20 AM
I thought it was funny as hell!!!!

Kachina26
05-11-2006, 07:58 AM
On a totally unrelated note...I see that Kachina Ken wants us not to buy Kachina boats. So why is he called Kachina Ken? Seems like if you wanna steer people away from a specific manufacturer, you wouldn't want your own screen name to advertise them. Just wondering.
FYI, this isn't a bash on Kachina! We have a beautiful three-page story on one of the nicest Kachinas I've ever seen in the forthcoming July issue...
So now I'm gonna have to eat my words about Kachina never gracing the pages of HB? Please make sure you mention how Kachina never makes two boats alike................... Cough cough BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN2-IN2MX
05-11-2006, 11:45 AM
For what it's worth, it wasn't my intention to mock anybody but myself. I still can't believe anybody took me seriously. It was just supposed to be intentionally retarded -- the joke is that I'm asking for prayers when there's nothing wrong with me! Who would do that? Well, it struck me funny when I wrote it. I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended. Now at least I have something to pray for -- your forgiveness.
B
I'm not religious and don't necessarily pray...but I do try to send happy thoughts and well wishes to my friends, family members and people that I hear about that are sick, injured, etc. I was not offended by your thread but I did find it kinda strange for reasons already given. Anyways, obviously you meant it as a joke and, after reading above, you didn't mean to offend anyone. I think that was good of you to clarify for those that were offended.

Debbolas
05-11-2006, 11:49 AM
No way!?
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

Kilrtoy
05-11-2006, 03:17 PM
ya "I'M" the only one that is "SERIOUS" about this, huh five-o ?? put your badge and gun away, move along !!!! :rolleyes:
it is always away....

canuck1
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
B
This post was not needed.
get over it people

Mrs.Killer
05-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Geez, people cant take a joke? It's a joke get over it .

chub
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Geez, people cant take a joke? It's a joke get over it .
And it's the internet.

riverroyal
05-11-2006, 07:42 PM
to this thread,Im still leaving my church sign :boxed:

Jrocket
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
to this thread,Im still leaving my church sign :boxed:
And you should,it was funny!

riverroyal
05-11-2006, 07:47 PM
And you should,it was funny!
that makes the 20 minutes to post it worth it,,,pray for me to be havasu by 6pm tommorrow,Im gonna need a beer by 5

Jrocket
05-11-2006, 07:48 PM
that makes the 20 minutes to post it worth it,,,pray for me to be havasu by 6pm tommorrow,Im gonna need a beer by 5
You'll never make it by 6pm.My advice is too drive very fast and dont stop for any lights behind you,or in front of you for that matter.

riverroyal
05-11-2006, 07:51 PM
You'll never make it by 6pm.My advice is too drive very fast and dont stop for any lights behind you,or in front of you for that matter.
leaving a 1230 from kids school,,should be right at 6,cant wait

Jrocket
05-11-2006, 08:11 PM
leaving a 1230 from kids school,,should be right at 6,cant wait
That sucks.3 hrs from my front door to the front door at the river for me.