PDA

View Full Version : Hydration

Cole Sanger
09-27-2005, 02:39 AM
I just heard a story about a guy I work with. I couldn't believe the story I heard about some of the parties they go to. Here is the short version...
His wife is a nurse. They go to the lake all the time and party. Sometimes his wife's friends, also nurses, go with them. He tells me that they go up there, party all day, then go lay in the tent and pop in an iv to re-hydrate themselfs so they can party all night. WTF? Has anyone else heard of this?

Jbb
09-27-2005, 03:01 AM
I just heard a story about a guy I work with. I couldn't believe the story I heard about some of the parties they go to. Here is the short version...
His wife is a nurse. They go to the lake all the time and party. Sometimes his wife's friends, also nurses, go with them. He tells me that they go up there, party all day, then go lay in the tent and pop in an iv to re-hydrate themselfs so they can party all night. WTF? Has anyone else heard of this?
I believe they refer to it as ..."practicing their skills"...... :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
09-27-2005, 05:51 AM
what ever works for them :D

brianthelion02
09-27-2005, 06:00 AM
continuing education

Boa1277
09-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Yeah I have a couple of buddies who are Firemen/ Paramedics, and they do the same thing, Everytime we are at the river they hit me up to see if I need to get on the I-V to rehydrate, I have never taken them up on their offer, I hate needles.

sxpilot
09-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Sounds like Med people to me...then they get on the O-2 in the AM to recover from the hangover...pop a few upper pills and they are as good as new :messedup:

core attitude
09-27-2005, 06:55 AM
I rehydrate my wife almost every night.......nothing new here......just smaller quantities and a bigger needle. :D

HOOTER SLED-
09-27-2005, 06:58 AM
I rehydrate my wife almost every night.......nothing new here......just smaller quantities and a bigger needle. :D
LOL funnny shiznit. Give her the Peniscillin do ya. :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe :D

core attitude
09-27-2005, 07:25 AM
LOL funnny shiznit. Give her the Peniscillin do ya. :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe :D
Trying to use it up before it expires. ;)

79Challenger
09-27-2005, 10:54 AM
My lady works at a surgery center in Redlands. She says it is standard practice. Along with a little b12 booster.

Nord
09-27-2005, 10:57 AM
I've heard of this too!!
The b12 thing you can get from energy drinks (redbull, sobee, etc) or in pill form, it works if you haven't gone over the edge.
The I.V. thing is supposed to work, but I don't have any hook ups on that-no punt intended.

SK48
09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
The IV works great, I work where it is really hot in the summer, and some
of the ambulance EMT's have given me one. In 20 minutes you feel like a
new person. You can not drink enough water or gatorade fast enough
to get feeling that good.

Windy
09-27-2005, 11:48 AM
continuing education
Exactly! :)

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
09-27-2005, 12:04 PM
My buddy's dad is a doctor and he'd boost the solution from him. i walked into the room the day after a party and he was mainlining an IV. i freaked. he said there was nothing better.
i heard that pure o2 works good too...