PDA

View Full Version : Warning......don't launch at.

Ultracrazy
09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
TOPOCK!!!!!!!!
What ever you do……don’t launch at Topock. We got there at about noon on Friday and the ramp was blocked off. Talked to the “rampguy”…..he said there is a huge drop off at the end of the ramp that showed up a few weeks ago.
We saw a guy, who didnÂ’t get the memo, getting towed out because Â…..yepÂ…Â….you guessed itÂ…Â…drop of the end of the ramp and got stuck.
Ended up launching at Moabi (first time) and loved it! Nice big ramp and better parking.
Side noteÂ…Â…wear shoes or sandals when walking on the rampÂ…..the grooves are massive.
Enjoy!

dimarcobros
09-27-2005, 03:57 PM
We pulled up to lunch when that guy was getting helped out. (if we are talking about the same guy) I couldn't believe how steep that ramp is, worse than site 6.
DMB

Ultracrazy
09-27-2005, 04:00 PM
We pulled up to lunch when that guy was getting helped out. (if we are talking about the same guy) I couldn't believe how steep that ramp is, worse than site 6.
DMB
The guy I saw had a couple of PWC's.....was being pulled out by a small SUV. I usually don't have a problem launching there......but I guess the improvements they made last year didn't work. :hammerhea

essexjet
09-27-2005, 04:04 PM
I launched at Jack Smith for the first time since they redid it. Just awesome, new ramp and the "bay" had been gutted out and now no more weeds. FYI there were a couple of 28 Magic's launching with no problems.

Ultracrazy
09-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I launched at Jack Smith for the first time since they redid it. Just awesome, new ramp and the "bay" had been gutted out and now no more weeds. FYI there were a couple of 28 Magic's launching with no problems.
How was the parking?

ahhell
09-27-2005, 04:06 PM
F' Moabi.........j/k.........dont tell everyone

essexjet
09-27-2005, 04:09 PM
How was the parking?
The parking is the same lot but there wasn't anyone there but a hand few of trailers. They charged us on Saturday but not Friday.

HM
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Side noteÂ…Â…wear shoes or sandals when walking on the rampÂ…..the grooves are massive.
Enjoy!
Yep, I had to walk that ramp bare foot...not an easy task. I think I will take hot coals next time!!!

riverroyal
09-27-2005, 05:44 PM
double decker trailer off the ramp at black meadow also,bad deal,they were screwed

Ultracrazy
09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Yep, I had to walk that ramp bare foot...not an easy task. I think I will take hot coals next time!!!
Yeah........no shit.....I heard someone talk about wearing shoes at this ramp.......but I had forgotten about it.....until.....I stepped of the back of the boat. Damn!!!!!!

Nord
09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I told you!!!

Nord
09-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Ultracrazy
09-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I told you!!!
Good call homie :D

tcook33
09-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Do they still sell AV gas at MOabi?

RiverToysJas
09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Do they still sell AV gas at MOabi?
Av gas at a campground in Ca? Yeah, kinda doubt it. ;)
To everyone else,
Needles Sucks, Don't go there!!! If you are there Saturday though, look for me! :D
RTJas :D