PDA

View Full Version : Ebay help!

beyondhelpin
09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
I purchased a Dewalt drill,2 batterys and a charger from ebay. The drill smells like its is on its last leg and one of the batterrys is completly shot. Seller said in auction the drill was in good physical shape and worked excellent. You could not tell in the pic but it was pretty beat up. As I said its working condition is shot. I have emailed the guy twice with no response. He is a power seller with 99 percent approval. Ad said 100% satisfaction guarenteed.
If this guy does not come thru what are my options? I am pissed!

Redneck
09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
I purchased a Dewalt drill,2 batterys and a charger from ebay. The drill smells like its is on its last leg and one of the batterrys is completly shot. Seller said in auction the drill was in good physical shape and worked excellent. You could not tell in the pic but it was pretty beat up. As I said its working condition is shot. I have emailed the guy twice with no response. He is a power seller with 99 percent approval. Ad said 100% satisfaction guarenteed.
first off leave a comment on his profile and contact ebay

Gilligan
09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a typical product from Ebay. Nothing is ever as described. :hammerhea

AZKC
09-28-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll bet on him making it right , but it will take a while. Its always easier to collect money than give it back. I sell everything as is no returns, but I also don't get premium dollars for the stuff I sell and I try and give detailed descriptions of what I'm selling.

Infomaniac
09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Dont leave feedback until the dispute is resolved.
Keep sending him messages and if you paid with paypal. That is one way to get reimbursed

superdave013
09-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Dont leave feedback until the dispute is resolved.
Keep sending him messages and if you paid with paypal. That is one way to get reimbursed
good advice

RiverToysJas
09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Negative Feedback if no reply from the seller. Mention the product was not in the condition advertised, and that the seller would not return emails. Believe it or not, people read that!!! I know I do.
This won't do anything to get your money back or get you a working product though. It you feel the product was misrepresented, feel free to report them to EBAY. Not sure what that will do for you though either.
Was the product a lot cheaper than you'd expect it to be? That could be a sign of something not what it should be.
Just some thoughts and ideas.....IMO EBAY is not what it used to be, and we need to be much more careful when making purchases these days. A lot of "get rich quick" types are becoming EBAY Store owners. It's the new Amway. ;)
RTJas :D

rvrtoy
09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
I think ebay will get involved if he does not respond to you in a reasonable amount of time. Did you pay using paypal? I think they have a buyer protection program as well. Good luck

Nord
09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
My advise........
Don't buy from Fleebay!!! :D

beyondhelpin
09-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I payed with paypal. I payed over $100.00 for this peice of shit. I have not left feed back yet. Will wait till it is resolved first. I have bought alot of stuff on ebay and have always been satisfied till recently. Not lately though. My last 3 out of 5 purchases have been bad.
Bought an open box lap top that he said was brand new unused. Turns out it was a display at Office Depot. Leftmy first bad feedback. His answer it was never displayed but was behind a desk. Funny, everything on users said Office Depot.
Over 30 days ago I order a 0 gauge amp kit and still have not recieved it. I always pay as soon as I win an item. My 3rd email last week he offered my money back. Figured I would wait another week but I still do not have it. Sent him an email this morning requesting a refund. Still this pisses me off.I dont have time to deal with kind of crap.
Mustbe a glutten for punishment because I just ordered another Dewalt hammerdrill and saw kit.

Nord
09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
My advise........
Don't buy from Fleebay!!! :D
Like I said!! :D

HocusPocus
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
i have bought and sold lots of things on ebay.. and never ever had a problem.
do you have a link to the item you purchased?