PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to Havasu?

***boateditor
09-28-2005, 02:18 PM
OK, really, I know how to get to Havasu. (Practice, practice, practice.)
But here's the deal: I hate driving from L.A.
Over the summer, traveling to Laughlin for the Classic Boat Beach Bash, I thought I might try something different.
I took Amtrak to Needles (the train gets in at 1 a.m.), slept at a hotel in Needles, then hitched a ride to/from Laughlin with Jason aka Wutwzat.
Theoretically, I could do the same kind of thing for Havasu, except I'd need to get from Needles to Havasu on Monday, with a Friday return trip. Problem is, I don't think there's anywhere in Needles to rent a car.
Any ideas?
Did I mention I hate driving from L.A.?
Brett

rivercrazy
09-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Its easier to swim downstream than upstream! J/K
I wonder if the London Bridge Jet boat would stop for you. Afterall, your are Mr. ***boat.
I'd also be more than happy to give you a ride in my boat to Havi if its the same weekend your going out.

ROZ
09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
click your heels together and wish :D

***boateditor
09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
I wonder if the London Bridge Jet boat would stop for you. Afterall, your are Mr. ***boat.
Lemme tell you something. Being Mr. ***boat and $2.40 gets me a decaf foamy espresso macchiato at Starbucks.
I'm leaving for Havasu this Sunday (10/2).

***boateditor
09-28-2005, 02:36 PM
click your heels together and wish :D
I tried this trick last week, but you're still posting. :D

Sleek-Jet
09-28-2005, 02:37 PM
"Sack up" and drive from LA.... :idea: :D :D

Rockdog
09-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Lemme tell you something. Being Mr. ***boat and $2.40 gets me a decaf foamy espresso macchiato at Starbucks.
So you're saying HB doesn't pay so well, hm. When you get my resume I sent just go ahead and igore it then, unless you're doing another photo spread w/ MCC - then I'll work for free - doing anything, getting your espresso, pretending to be the front deck of the boat, whatever. :D

rivercrazy
09-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I cannot think of one rental car agency in Needles. There is a few U-Hauls that rent small vans. Lots of taxi service too in the region but expensive for how far you need to go.
What time are you arriving in Needles on 10/2?

sxpilot
09-28-2005, 02:54 PM
OK, really, I know how to get to Havasu. (Practice, practice, practice.)
But here's the deal: I hate driving from L.A.
Over the summer, traveling to Laughlin for the Classic Boat Beach Bash, I thought I might try something different.
I took Amtrak to Needles (the train gets in at 1 a.m.), slept at a hotel in Needles, then hitched a ride to/from Laughlin with Jason aka Wutwzat.
Theoretically, I could do the same kind of thing for Havasu, except I'd need to get from Needles to Havasu on Monday, with a Friday return trip. Problem is, I don't think there's anywhere in Needles to rent a car.
Any ideas?
Did I mention I hate driving from L.A.?
Brett
Man it sounds to me like you need to get your Pilots rating, and get you a 182/SUV...makes things way easier...130mph straight line to and fro...for the most part anyway

***boateditor
09-28-2005, 03:20 PM
I cannot think of one rental car agency in Needles. There is a few U-Hauls that rent small vans. Lots of taxi service too in the region but expensive for how far you need to go.
What time are you arriving in Needles on 10/2?
If I take the train, it'll be a 1 a.m. arrival late Sunday/early Monday.

rivercrazy
09-28-2005, 03:28 PM
If I make it out there this weekend, I would have to come back late Sunday afternoon. Looks like our schedules wouldn't work this time around. Sorry Bro...

GHT
09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Be sure to get Scuba's number... He knows the way.. :)

barbigrl
09-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Hahah... I was just going to suggest that...preferably in the middle of the night....that is when he thinks best!!
(he is going to kill me.....luv ya scuba)

PHX ATC
09-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Here's an idea...have your fufu coffee with no foam, you're $2.40 will go further towards the actual coffee, not the fluffed up milk. Make sure it's non fat milk so you'll be losing pounds as well, that way you'll be saving on health care costs later in life.
See, I just saved you $1.48 million dollars throughout your life and you can now afford to hire a driver to drive you to Havabrew. :D

Phat Matt
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
And if you get to Needles around 1am that should work out perfect! I am sure he'll be waiting by the phone. :angry2:

Kilrtoy
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
And i have his number if you need it... call anytime HE dont care

ROZ
09-28-2005, 04:15 PM
I tried this trick last week, but you're still posting. :D
Well keep trying! It worked for me a while back as you now have a new avitar ;) :D