PDA

View Full Version : corperate gouging BEFORE Rita

Mustang Shorty
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
For those who want to put a face on gouging, a large welding supply business in Texas ordered 80 Lincoln Ranger welders to have in stock for Rita.
They were told by Lincoln that with the hurricane on it's way the wholesale price went up $400 dollars per unit.
They also ordered Bobcats from Mille,r who in the face of the hurricane LOWERED their price.
Just an interesting tibit for anyone looking for welding equipment. I will never by Lincoln again. Alan

Sleek-Jet
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
And other than the word of someone who almost never posts here, what other proof do you have???

Mustang Shorty
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I was told by the manager of our local supply house. He told me Lincoln has a history of this type of deal.
And I admit I don't post much. Just when something is on my mind. And only something I am sure about. If I did not trust the information I would not have posted it.
Alan

Nord
09-28-2005, 06:21 PM
I was told by the manager of our local supply house. He told me Lincoln has a history of this type of deal.
And I admit I don't post much. Just when something is on my mind. And only something I am sure about. If I did not trust the information I would not have posted it.
Alan
Nice..............

OGShocker
09-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I bleed Miller Blue!

don johnson
09-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Bobcat is owned by Ingersoll Rand, whom I work for. Our corporate policy is to assist all disaster hit communities world wide by offering substantial discounts on our products to assist the relief/ rebuilding efforts. IR owns portable generators/ power generation, Schlage Lock, Bobcat, Club Car Thermador, and many other brands that provide support to the needy.
We also have our distributors sign formal distribution right contracts with us requiring our distributors to pass on these savings to the communities that are in need insuring that these distributors do not rip off the consumers. We assign auditors to these regions as a checks and balance.

HOSS
09-29-2005, 03:53 AM
I like Lincoln red. If this was true then Home Depots prices would have to reflect it. They don`t! Whoever told you this is either ignorant to the truth, starting rumors or just wants me to kick his ace. :220v:

spectratoad
09-29-2005, 05:32 AM
And other than the word of someone who almost never posts here, what other proof do you have???
Don't worry Mustang, Just another example of the ***boat drama queens who think you don't matter unless you post.
Hope what you say isn't true though. Maybe it is the local supplier that did this and is "Blaming" Lincoln??? :cool:

Sherpa
09-29-2005, 05:50 AM
I bleed Miller Blue!
I second this statement..! I have a non-commercial shop* lol. in my garage...
there's only blue in it...... 2 migs and a 350tig.
--I'll use somebody elses red stuff, but they better have a decent beer around to deal with the color issue.
--Sherpa
way to go Miller!

Sleek-Jet
09-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Don't worry Mustang, Just another example of the little ***boat drama queens who think you don't matter unless you post.
Hope what you say isn't true though. Maybe it is the local supplier that did this and is "Blaming" Lincoln??? :cool:
No drama... Just curious as to the validity of the statemant... lots of rumors get thrown around here as "fact" :argue: ... and I couldn't find anything doing a quick internet search.
I'll stop trying being serious now and go back to throwing out one liners at inappropriate moments... :D

spectratoad
09-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Your right no drama but it was just my opinion that post count shouldn't matter unless of course it is spamming. Someone with 2 posts selling ginsu knives is different than someone with 20 something posts asking a legitimate question. Just my .02 which isn't worth much nowdays.
Now get back to work and we will return to our regularly scheduled programming. :cool:

Jbb
09-29-2005, 06:41 AM
I like Lincoln red. If this was true then Home Depots prices would have to reflect it. They don`t! Whoever told you this is either ignorant to the truth, starting rumors or just wants me to kick his ace. :220v:
Good old Hoss....Kickin ace......and takin nomes........ :D

core attitude
09-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Good old Hoss....Kickin ace......and takin nomes........ :D
Wow......if he keeps this up, pretty soon he'll own all of ancient Egypt! :)

Mustang Shorty
09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Hoss, I like the way a lincoln welds too.
What you are saying about the Home Depot prices in LA may be true., but please consider the buying power of a nationwide chain against a 14 store east Texas chain. Home Depot can leverage a better price where our local house had to pay if they wanted the units.
Alan

HOSS
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
One reply to that,,,,shoulda went to Home Depot.

doesitfloat?
09-30-2005, 12:11 AM
One reply to that,,,,shoulda went to Home Depot.
One reply to that, That's not the point.

HOSS
09-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Its not! He said that Lincoln escelated their prices. They didn`t because Home Depot`s price hasn`t risen a penny. Impossible. Home Depot will not incur a loss to keep customers.

INEEDAV
09-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Bobcat is owned by Ingersoll Rand, whom I work for. Our corporate policy is to assist all disaster hit communities world wide by offering substantial discounts on our products to assist the relief/ rebuilding efforts. IR owns portable generators/ power generation, Schlage Lock, Bobcat, Club Car Thermador, and many other brands that provide support to the needy.
We also have our distributors sign formal distribution right contracts with us requiring our distributors to pass on these savings to the communities that are in need insuring that these distributors do not rip off the consumers. We assign auditors to these regions as a checks and balance.
Wrong Bobcat, hes talking welders.