PDA

View Full Version : Electric boat dollies

shaffewm
09-29-2005, 04:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm gonna need one and was wondering if anybody has used them to move around your boats and if they work ok. I've found 2 here in southern cal and thats it....One you need to drill through the frame. The other seems like it might work for me. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks...

OGShocker
09-29-2005, 04:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm gonna need one and was wondering if anybody has used them to move around your boats and if they work ok. I've found 2 here in southern cal and thats it....One you need to drill through the frame. The other seems like it might work for me. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks...
I have the one from Temple City. It is limited its capibilities, but it works well enough that I am glad I have one.
:clover: :clover: :clover:

SummitKarl
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
might I sugest a Front hitch on your rig, Thats what I use, that close to front wheels it just like a fork lift. you can put your trailer into the tightest of spots

shaffewm
09-29-2005, 05:36 PM
might I sugest a Front hitch on your rig, Thats what I use, that close to front wheels it just like a fork lift. you can put your trailer into the tightest of spots
I got a real crappy angle and a couple of boats to fit in the garage so its down to a couple of inches....I'm going to try my neighbors jeep that has a front hitch. If it works I may go that direction...my truck is to long for a front hitch.

SummitKarl
09-29-2005, 05:41 PM
I've thought about this as well, but I haven't really looked into it. Do they make them for every rig? I have a 2003 Expedition, but will probably be getting a Cheby or Ford truck soon.
I bought a generic reciever at Auto Zone and it bolted into already there holes in the bumper on my Ford (got lucky), it works bitchin!!!!

SummitKarl
09-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I got a real crappy angle and a couple of boats to fit in the garage so its down to a couple of inches....I'm going to try my neighbors jeep that has a front hitch. If it works I may go that direction...my truck is to long for a front hitch.
look at my sig line...extra cab, long bed, front hitch turns on a dime...
try the jeep you are going to love it!!!!

NashvilleBound
09-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I've got the AC4 from http://www.powermoverinc.net/htmls/pmaccarts.html I could not live without it.

Havasu Cig
09-29-2005, 05:48 PM
We have had hitches on the front of our last three tow vehicles and they work well. I have also owned a couple power casters and they work well on flat surfaces or light boats. I almost put my Top Gun into the side of my house with the last one because it could not handle the weight, but they took it back. My next purchase will be a forklift.

Flying Tiger
09-29-2005, 05:57 PM
I have the electric dolly,, and I agree,, use the front hitch on your frame,
Ya can mount a hitch right side,,, middle,,, left side,, ect ect,,,,
try the hitch first,, far far better,, far far safer.. far far cheaper.

OGShocker
09-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Do you think that would move my Warlock? 28' 5300 lbs plus the trailer weight. Triple axle trailer. TIA
I move our 24' SkipJack w/ ours. That thing has to weigh 7500 lbs. I just brought it back from Canada yesterday and my truck burned fuel at 9.5 MPG. The dolly has NO problems moving that boat and it has better fuel economy than my truck. ;)

NashvilleBound
09-30-2005, 03:54 AM
Do you think that would move my Warlock? 28' 5300 lbs plus the trailer weight. Triple axle trailer. TIA
It moves my Magic on triples around like it isnt even there. You can spin the tires sideways if you want. I first got it for the Ultra going into a storage that I had to jack knife it in....this thing not only pushed it up hill AND turned it but it was slick asphalt.....Now with the Magic I use it to place it just right in my garage soI can get other cars or trucks in next to it..... you will be happy.....