PDA

View Full Version : looking for a boat

Cig
09-30-2005, 01:11 PM
I want something I can take the friends and fam on but also wakeboard and tube behind.
I went to boat trader and I know the boat type - power but there are so many diffrent categories to choose from, I need some help.

HocusPocus
09-30-2005, 01:13 PM
how many people are you looking to take out? do you like openbow/closed bow? inboard or outboard? do you have a size preference? what kind of budget do you have?

Cig
09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
how many people are you looking to take out? do you like openbow/closed bow? inboard or outboard? do you have a size preference? what kind of budget do you have?
open bow, Inboard, 7 people, deffinately use for the first go around - prolly 10000 something cheep.

NOTALENT
09-30-2005, 01:20 PM
go 20k and you got yourself a deal.... ;)

Cig
09-30-2005, 01:28 PM
go 20k and you got yourself a deal.... ;)
Not on the first goaround, maybe next time.

HocusPocus
09-30-2005, 04:05 PM
if your looking real cheap $2500.00 email me and i will send you some photos of a 1985 19' open bow with a 1986 140HP evinrude outboard.. its rated for 7 people. :)
hocuspocus@magicpassforum.com

Lake Ape
09-30-2005, 04:13 PM
www.members.cox.net/ryan.bailey

Water Romper
09-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Cig,
Don’t fret; there are lots of boats for sale in the 10k market. As a matter of fact, if you can hold out for a couple months, winter time is the best “boat shopping” time of the year. The holidays and tax time are good too.
Older “main stream” boats (to name a few) like Eliminator, Ultra, Carrera, Hallet etc. are generally a good purchase because, for the most part, they are well made boats and there are so many places to get service on these boats. (unless the boat is beat on then it doesn’t matter who made it)
Keep an eye in your local papers; Boat Trader on line is good because you can drill into the data base by price and location…
If you find something that fits your needs TEST DRIVE IT, it the seller gives you a lame excuse that you can’t put it in water, walk away.
Check the Hull ID number to make sure it matches the pink slip, do the same with the trailer…remember, “Buyer Beware”
Also, feel free to hit these HB boards for advice, there are a ton of boat owners here with every conceivable type of boat out there and we all have bought our “first boat”…. :wink: