PDA

View Full Version : Cell question??

cdog
09-30-2005, 02:23 PM
I just got the OK to get out of my contract with verizon. They have been total ass wipes and would like to change my service. I'm currently in anaheim hills and will be moving to Az. I had pretty good service with sprint in the past and am considering going back to them. Any comments?

Outnumbered
09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I just got the OK to get out of my contract with verizon. They have been total ass wipes and would like to change my service. I'm currently in anaheim hills and will be moving to Az. I had pretty good service with sprint in the past and am considering going back to them. Any comments?
Just don't get Cingular. It blows. Everyone that has it compains, including myself. Bad reception and VM delays for a day sometimes :sqeyes:. My contract just ran out so I too am looking for a good company. I think I'll sit back and watch this thread.

welk2party
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
I have Sprint and have been very happy with them. There is no perfect carrier, but of all the ones I have had, Sprint has been the best.

Creator
09-30-2005, 02:32 PM
WOW, you don't like verizon! I have had almost all the cell companies at one time or another and will only use verizon from now on. I liked sprint customer service but I dropped calls all the time and nextel, cingular and AT&T just suck for coverage. Good luck on your quest to find a better service.

H2OT TIMES
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I'd have to vote for Sprint as well. I travel all over the U.S. in my work and I have never been without service in any town I've been in. Sometimes if I drive I might not have service out in the middle of nowhere, but even then I usually have service if I'm on an interstate Hwy.

cdog
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I was thinking about cingular. Mabey that's a bad move. I had sprint the longest and it seemed to be decent. Verizon claims to be better but my calls get dropped all the time. I'm going to buy the treo 650 phone so i'll need the internet coverage.

soupersonic
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
we have had alltell for over ten years, the coverage is awesome,sometimes a billing problem here and there but they always fix it

cdog
09-30-2005, 02:41 PM
How's sprint in Havasu and parker? And how's their internet service over the pda phones?

HPB
09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Sprint Rocks in AZ but in CA it suffers from coverage problems so if your moving to AZ go with sprint...

Outnumbered
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM
We have Cingular and we used to love it but now it SUCKS!!!!!
I have been getting wrong calls, no voice mails, messages that say our # is no longer in service etc etc
I need new service!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, ever since the ATT meger it is worthless. It does not work on Mead at all on the north end and its marginal on Havasu too. I have heard good things about Verizon locally as far as coverage goes.

Creator
09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
The phone matters too. Some phones have much better receivers than others. I like the LG phones, their reception is great but the batteries SUCK.

chrissy
09-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I was thinking about cingular. Mabey that's a bad move. I had sprint the longest and it seemed to be decent. Verizon claims to be better but my calls get dropped all the time. I'm going to buy the treo 650 phone so i'll need the internet coverage.
I had Sprint for the longest time and finally got tired of my calls being dropped. I've been with Verizon now for almost 5 years, rarely have a problem. I recently got the Pocket PC and I can log on to the internet almost as fast as I do with my cable at home believe it or not.

cdog
09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree, ever since the ATT meger it is worthless. It does not work on Mead at all on the north end and its marginal on Havasu too. I have heard good things about Verizon locally as far as coverage goes.
Verizon is very spotty at havasu and you can't dial out to use your voicemail. You have to dial your cell # like your calling yourself to check your messages. Their service is just the same as every other company but thier customer service really sucks. Every other idiot there will give you a differant answer for the same question. When I had sprint a couple of years back they would give me a 50 buck credit if I called and bitched about the service.

HocusPocus
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
i have had sprint for longer then i can remember.. no problems at all with them. :)
most all our friends and family have sprint so the "free sprint to sprint" deal works out great for us.

MUDXPRT
09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I had nextel for about 11 yrs and changed to verizon so far I am very happy just remember sprint and nextel merged so good luck.

BoatPI
09-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Sprint has most of AZ wired and they have FREE roaming on most plans. It is not the OLD Sprint as they roam to Verizon and analog for free.

a catered life
10-01-2005, 05:50 AM
WOW, you don't like verizon! I have had almost all the cell companies at one time or another and will only use verizon from now on. I liked sprint customer service but I dropped calls all the time and nextel, cingular and AT&T just suck for coverage. Good luck on your quest to find a better service.
yea what he said
if you have a high need for the walkie talkie feature you cant bet the nextel crap just dont try ti use the phone

2Driver
10-01-2005, 06:27 AM
Just don't get Cingular. It blows. Everyone that has it compains, including myself. Bad reception and VM delays for a day sometimes :sqeyes:. My contract just ran out so I too am looking for a good company. I think I'll sit back and watch this thread.
2nd that. I was staying on their TDMA network because the GMS sucked. I just switch to their new network (sort of forced to) and now barley get 1 bar at my house.
Routine to get voice mail notification 2-5 days later. I even have that warning on my voicemail message. Was on the phone 45 minutes while they were trying to figure out where my $50 phone rebate went :hammerhea 3 different people 3 different answers...
The people I have spoken to are very nice which tells me they have serious system and process problems that keep their people from being able to deliver decent service. I'm calling to go back to TDMA..off soap box

2Driver
10-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Almost forgot... All the cell providers will seem great once you have to deal with Qwest for your home phone. They define suck when it comes to serivce. I am telling you to start a file and document every call with those a-holes

nextel4u
10-01-2005, 06:34 AM
If anyone here on ***boat wants to try our Service out let us know. We offer free demo phones to all ***boaters. You can call us toll free at 800-491-7121. We have offices in So Cal and Vegas.
Thanks
John
Nextel4u

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-01-2005, 06:36 AM
I just got the T-Mobile Blackberry.. If you are email dependent at all, this is the way to go. The phone isn't the greatest but it isn't the worst either. the email function is killer. I don't know if i could live without it now!

little rowe boat
10-01-2005, 06:57 AM
I have cingular and it works great on Havasu.

lalhc
10-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Most of the people I know in Havasu use Sprint and the Treo is a nice handset. As far as the Nextel & Sprint merger, the new company, Sprint, is operating separate networks: CDMA for Sprint, and IDEN for Nextel. The new Sprint is going to dominate the data side of things in the near future because the combined company owns most of the frequencies that will power high speed data.

Just Tool'n
10-01-2005, 07:40 AM
I have been with spint for 7 years, I also had service with AT&T for 12 years also, Sprint has been very good for coverage & pricing. AT&T Rocked, never any problems, just deceided that I did not need 2 cell phones. I drop the AT&T because my minutes plan was better with sprint.
All of my dealers that work for me that had AT&T and stuck with them thru the change over to cingular, hate cingular now, cust service sucks, shitty reception, all state when there contracts are up they are leaving cingular!