PDA

View Full Version : Newport to Long Beach

cdog
09-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Does anyone want to go on a big blue run on sunday? I have'nt put my boat in the ocean yet so i'm lookin for someone to follow.

Quality Time
09-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm thinking about heading out of Newport on Sunday provided I get one of the trailer brakes fixed :notam: Looking at the wave reports, water should be good.

andy01
09-30-2005, 10:37 PM
If I have by boat back I will be going out of Long Beach and heading to Newport on Sunday morning around 9.

Jordy
09-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Head out of Newport. Turn right. Huntington will be on the right. Look for the Queen Mary. I'd highly suggest the Yard House. Or so I've heard. :D :D :D

NOTALENT
10-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Cdog..if u need a boat bitch let me know...ur in my hood... :D

Steamin' Rice
10-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I don't think that we can make it this weekend, but have a good trip. There are docks at the Yardhouse in Long Beach.. We will be doing some trips in Nov for sure

cdog
10-01-2005, 08:01 AM
I don't think that we can make it this weekend, but have a good trip. There are docks at the Yardhouse in Long Beach.. We will be doing some trips in Nov for sure
Well why not? I was going to give you a call. I've just been to damm busy with work. So you can't make it on Sunday? Is there anything I need to watch out for?

cdog
10-01-2005, 08:03 AM
I'm thinking about heading out of Newport on Sunday provided I get one of the trailer brakes fixed :notam: Looking at the wave reports, water should be good.
Do you want to meet up? Do you need any help with your breaks? I've got to go down to el toro to pick up the boat anyway so i'll be in your neck of the woods.

cdog
10-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Cdog..if u need a boat bitch let me know...ur in my hood... :D
I'll let you know what's going on. Still have to figure out the details.

Steamin' Rice
10-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Well why not? I was going to give you a call. I've just been to damm busy with work. So you can't make it on Sunday? Is there anything I need to watch out for?
It's tempting to go out, but I am going out of town next week and need to get a bunch of stuff done before my trip..
Watch out for plastic bags of squid near the bait barge in Long Beach :devil: ... I sucked one up at 80+ MPH last time and one motor started to get hot, but not too bad. :boxed:
When you get into the no wake zone near the Queen Mary keep an eye on the water depth. It can get shallow there during low tide.
Bring a hose and some quarters for the wash rack at the Dunes.. Give me a call if you have any questions.

OG'sBeanSack
10-01-2005, 08:35 AM
You can follow me CDog....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12300brinsfield80204_1-med.jpg

BajaMike
10-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Does anyone want to go on a big blue run on sunday? I have'nt put my boat in the ocean yet so i'm lookin for someone to follow.
You still going?? I might want to go....I'd have to come up from Dana Point, and probably wouldn't do it if it wasn't pretty smooth (my boats only 20 foot).
I'm planning on going out on Sat or Sun, but would probably just hang around the Dana Point area, San Clemente and/or Laguna....and do some bar hopping in the Dana Point harbor.
There's a guy on here now and then I saw last week (forgot his name) off Dana Point with a new 29' Shockwave....he might be up for it..... :confused:
:rollside: :cool: :D :rolleyes:

cdog
10-01-2005, 08:52 AM
It's tempting to go out, but I am going out of town next week and need to get a bunch of stuff done before my trip..
Watch out for plastic bags of squid near the bait barge in Long Beach :devil: ... I sucked one up at 80+ MPH last time and one motor started to get hot, but not too bad. :boxed:
When you get into the no wake zone near the Queen Mary keep an eye on the water depth. It can get shallow there during low tide.
Bring a hose and some quarters for the wash rack at the Dunes.. Give me a call if you have any questions.
Do you want to go and ride with us this sunday?
We're going to San Diego in two weeks if you'd like to meet up out there. My wife has some work function on Sunday morning but sat. is wide open. I'm not sure if there will be room to park the boat, but we'll figure it out.

cdog
10-01-2005, 08:54 AM
You can follow me CDog....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12300brinsfield80204_1-med.jpg
At least I'll be faster than somebody. :D Nice boat.

cdog
10-01-2005, 08:55 AM
You still going?? I might want to go....I'd have to come up from Dana Point, and probably wouldn't do it if it wasn't pretty smooth (my boats only 20 foot).
I'm planning on going out on Sat or Sun, but would probably just hang around the Dana Point area, San Clemente and/or Laguna....and do some bar hopping in the Dana Point harbor.
There's a guy on here now and then I saw last week (forgot his name) off Dana Point with a new 29' Shockwave....he might be up for it..... :confused:
:rollside: :cool: :D :rolleyes:
Ya we're going on sunday. But we will be leaving out of newport and going down to yard house for lunch and drinks. Let me know if you want to meet up.

wantacat
10-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Ya we're going on sunday. But we will be leaving out of newport and going down to yard house for lunch and drinks. Let me know if you want to meet up.
I was at the Yard house last weekend and seems like they are changing the docks around. just and fyi.

Quality Time
10-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Do you want to meet up? Do you need any help with your breaks? I've got to go down to el toro to pick up the boat anyway so i'll be in your neck of the woods.
What time were you planning on launching? One of the brakes is hanging up. Should not be a problem to fix, but Thank You for the help offer.

cdog
10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
What time were you planning on launching? One of the brakes is hanging up. Should not be a problem to fix, but Thank You for the help offer.
I was thinking in the morning hours. I have no idea on where to launch or where to go yet. Any suggestions? What time will you be down there?

Quality Time
10-01-2005, 06:19 PM
The only place to launch in Newport is at the Dunes. It's off Jamboree at Back Bay Drive. $20 to launch, nice ramps and docks. As Steamin" said, you will need a hose and quarters for the wash rack. I heard there was something going on at the Dunes this weekend, I hope it doesn't screw up parking.
I plan on launching in the morning as well. Not sure on a time yet. If you are still interested, PM me your number.

FASTERDAMITT
10-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I would accept the invite, However I'm having a larger oil cooler installed. Looking forward to meeting you. Hope you have a great time. PM me if you go again soon.