PDA

View Full Version : Would you/do you park your boat....

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2005, 09:47 AM
on the cove beach or dock at the Nautical over-night? Does time of year matter? :idea:

Outnumbered
10-02-2005, 09:49 AM
on the cove beach or dock at the Nautical over-night? Does time of year matter? :idea:
I wouldn't just because I have read all these horror stories on here about haters f'ing with your boat and tweakers stealing your shit. Supposed to be security there but I think shit still happens. Do a search, I think this topic has been covered before.

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't just because I have read all these horror stories on here about haters f'ing with your boat and tweakers stealing your shit. Supposed to be security there but I think shit still happens. Do a search, I think this topic has been covered before.
My bad on the search thing...usually I go there first. I'll check it out, thanks. :coffeycup

Supultlbich
10-02-2005, 09:54 AM
We have left our boat tied off on the beach twice in the last month. We haven't had any problems, but have heard of them in the past. Just good luck I guess.

Man-de-lone
10-02-2005, 10:07 AM
They have recently hired security to patrol the beach at night. Last time we stayed I packed up everything goood and took the cooler inside. Out of sight out of mind I say.
I tied off the bow and both side to the sea wall so I wasn't gonna float off or drift, but you can't ever tell about the other boats. I have seen the wind come up at night and boats start banging into each other......not pretty.
Just be careful and aware of what is happening around you.

Beer-30
10-02-2005, 10:09 AM
I have left mine in overnight at other lakes with no problems. At the Naut, I think I would pull it out if it were a busy weekend where peeps where being stupid about parking spaces. If it were a calm weekday or a light weekend, I would probably trust it. It's insured.

H20 Toie
10-02-2005, 10:09 AM
I have left mine in the cove but you need to be around the bend in case the wind comes up, the boats that are on the dock really get slammed around.
I also put out the fenders just in case the boats next to me come loose.

2Driver
10-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Last summer we beached it in the cove for 3 nights. It was mid-week. It was fine although we did have one knuckle head in a beater jet who didn't care where his boat floated to or into. I got him and assited him in beaching and anchoring his boat.
I am not sure storing on the trailer behind the hotel is any better from a security point of view but at least you wont get boat banged.... Assuming no drunk dirvers in the parking lot.

Debbolas
10-02-2005, 10:37 AM
The very first OP6 Scream and I attended we were going to leave our boat out, but we were on the suite side, and the lake was beating it against the shore, and there were LOTS of peoples toys down there, and they didn't :hammerhea seem too friendly, so we pulled it out :wink:

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. So, I guess it's cool if I stay close, and watch the weather and other peeps. I'm hearing things are most likely gonna change at the Nautical after the first of the year. Got that info from someone other than Timeshare folks. Sounds all good. Now, just keeping fingers crossed.
Someone said they repaired the ramp, recently. Like a week or two ago. Anyone launch there recently?