PDA

View Full Version : Close encounter with the big cat

infotraker
10-03-2005, 08:41 AM
I was prospecting (other hobby) with a friend yesterday on the N. Fork of the Amerivcan river (Ca). About to walk out of the canyon when I looked upriver, about 100 Ft away a mountain lion was walking from the water to the forest thru the rocks. He looked at me and just let out one of those lion screams, I stood up on a rock, looked large and made a lot of noise, tossing rocks etc. I was glad he did not show up again, fun seeing him but go me a little edgy during the hike back out.

Infomaniac
10-03-2005, 08:45 AM
To end up being cat poop would not be a happy ending

Forkin' Crazy
10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
You weren't packing? A gun that is? :rolleyes:
There are a lot more bears around here. I see them being a problem (like the mtn lions are there) in a few years.

wsuwrhr
10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I was prospecting (other hobby) with a friend yesterday on the N. Fork of the Amerivcan river (Ca). About to walk out of the canyon when I looked upriver, about 100 Ft away a mountain lion was walking from the water to the forest thru the rocks. He looked at me and just let out one of those lion screams, I stood up on a rock, looked large and made a lot of noise, tossing rocks etc. I was glad he did not show up again, fun seeing him but go me a little edgy during the hike back out.
Find another hobby.
Brian