PDA

View Full Version : USC FOOTBALL: Big Man to Big Man or Mano y Mano

BUSTI
10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
“Yea, thou I walk through the Valley of the Sun, I will fear no loss; for the Big Men art with me; Thy Bush and thy White, they comfort me.”
We took the Heat, a sold out Home Stadium, a 18 point half time deficit and the Best that Arizona State could bring on any given Saturday, and then in front of the whole football world to witness. We did what we do best, We went BIG MAN ON BIG MAN and physically crushed the Arizona State Sun Devils and ran the ball down their throat in 30 minutes of second half football. Their Big Men wanted off the field in the fourth quarter; their BIG MEN were wounded, beaten, slow to get up, finding a way to get off the field, giving ground and could not physically, mentally, emotionally compete as individuals or as a team with USC when the time came to win or loose. Finesse may win games in the hearts and minds of the bottom 9, Ice Dancing and Supreme Court nominations but true, real football and championship football is won on Poise, Toughness, Physical Domination for four quarters, running the ball and Defense.
A win is all that counts and week in and week out for over two years and 26 wins in a row; finding a way to win is testament to the GREATNESS of USC the best Collegiate Football Program in the NCAA today and the reality of being the best college football program of ALL TIME. No football school in the NCAA can match the feats, the wins, the players and the coaches of this current Empire called Troy.
There are no off weeks, no down time, no bad games, no excuses, USC just plays through and WINS. These trials and tribulations of wining strengthens the resolve, commitment and ability to win, USC is a far better team now then it ever was.
Watch out World, we are coming to conquer again and again and again. All you can do is watch and read these emails. The great thing about it is that there is nothing you, your teams, your players or your coaches can do to stop the heroics of Troy. We are three deep at every position and could beat everybody by having our 5th string QB hand the ball off to our 2nd string running back all game.
We are undisputed, unmatched, unrivaled and rulers of the GAME.
Notre Dame, go ahead and take two weeks to prepare and rest, order your green jerseys, build your wooden horse, grow your grass long, bring in all your want a be band wagon fans, polish the dome, borrow some of the New England Patriots, Get a blessing from the Pope, wear underwear under your Irish Guard Kilts and find Achilles. You, the band wagon want to bes, the City of South Bend, the State of Indiana, Chicago, Boston, Ireland, Rome, South America, the Hunchback of Notre Dame Cathedral, Lucky Charms, the Three Musketeers, France, NBC, Rudy, Regis and every Catholic pimple faced high school graduate in the country- BRING IT!
We will show up with 11 on the field and our 11 will go big man on big man for four quarters. You use to be able to do that 30 years ago but you are now an embedded finesse team now with no grit and no talent.
Your Redemption and Salvation is coming upon you. There is life after Death as you know and you will attest to it on October 16th, 2005.
While you are resting, watching the bottom nine, preparing, fasting and going on advent this week, we are going to have a scrimmage on Saturday which our entire team, song girls, yell leaders, band and our esteemed geriatric school will have a chance to play a couple of quarters against the University of Arizona. This team has already run to the Border, deported, came back and ran to the Border Again. 70 points is just not too much to expect. GO bananas and Bear Down. For all those that choose not to run to Nogales or Sosbee there’s employment and amnesty at Dirt bags, Igees and Circle Ks through out Tucson.
The Master, The Grand Master

Sleek-Jet
10-06-2005, 10:11 AM
If you are so awesome, you wouldn't have been down 18 at the half... :devil: :notam: :D :D

BUSTI
10-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Final score is what counts. USC 38 asu 28! We are awsome!

AZKC
10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Please take pity on us this weekend :( :boxingguy :(

prosthogod
10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I was there sweating my ass off not rooting for either side. Did anyone notice all the ASU fans throwing the "shocker". I finally had to ask and was told it mimics their mascot Sparky's pitchfork. I had to inform the guy what it relly meant, and he couldn't wait to share that info with his wife.

BROADMINDED
10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
haha i noticed all of the students throwing the shocker while i was watching college game day on espn.

TrojanDan
10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Busti, you show some balls coming on here and telling your "story" about the mighty Cardinal and Gold. I commend you for that. I have to admit, this is the first post of yours that I've read in its' entirety and not gotten crosseyed. I've traveled to every game this year and after being in Autzen Stadium against Oregon and seeing how the Trojans turned it around, I had no doubt the Trojans would turn it around in the second half against ASU. I agree that not only conditioning but coaching as well prevailed in that second half. I'm yet to see a team play a full four quarters against SC. But like you said, it is the final score that matters. Who cares if we didn't take the lead until 6 minutes left in the game?
I wouldn't go far as saying we are three deep in every position. Remember, we currently have two LBs out due to injury (one coming back in two weeks (Sartz) and another indefinitely (Cushing). We are also out two starting cornerbacks for the year (torn knee ligaments) and another DLM and OLM hopefully coming back soon. Yes, the backup are playing incredible and its just another credit to Pete's recruiting and coaching skills.
I'll keep enjoying this win streak while it last because once you're on top, there's only one way to go and every team out there wants to be that team to beat us. Fight On! :cool:
Busti, have you tried lurking the wearesc.com chatroom? You'll probably find more insight on SC football in that forum than this boating forum. Just my $.02.

Up 4 River
10-06-2005, 01:34 PM
I have to agree with Dan here that saying your 3 deep at every position is a little much. USC started only 3 scholarship DB's two weeks ago. Yes your 2nd string tailback if that's what you refer to a guy who ran for 199 yards last Saturday is legit. Your 5th string QB is probably your redshirt Freshman and just because your Offensive line is great doesn't mean an incoming Freshman could do what Leinhart is doing. SC has been a recruiting machine and now it is to be seen if the wheels can stay on and not fall off the way other programs have in the past. You have high school all americans who are no longer part of your team due to injuries, arrest, grades or being asked to leave the university. They have out together a very impressive streak and it seems like every week I see another USC flag hangoin on a house in south Orange County. You lost both coordinators last year and I like your coaches and I like the offensive mindset to go with Caroll and the defense. I watched Sarkisian play at El Camino before trnasfering to BYU wher Chow coached him. I know Kiffen has a great reputation and growing up as his Dad's son he probably has a knack for knowing how defensive coordinators think. I don't think this year will be as much of a test as next year will be for your team. I don't know how the season will play out but you have to be on top of all the facts and stats before a post like that.

BUSTI
10-06-2005, 03:04 PM
TrojanDan and Up4Riv,
You are right of course! Some tongue and cheek is needed.........hey who knows how long it will be when this type of glory comes around again! I to have traveled this year with the team starting with Hawaii. What a great trip that was! Way to much fun soaking up sun, fun, amd MaiTai's at the Royal Hawaii with 2500 other Trojans!
The rag tag defence is doing the job. With time and healing as well as experience it will only get better maybe even good to great! Maybe? As for the o side of the ball. I believe the most telling sign of this years true greatness was when asu scored its fourth touchdown totalling 28 points to retake the lead, and our boys kept comin' on and ground them into the ground!
At Monday am's breakfast meeting coach Carroll disclosed that on Sunday night the NCAA chief ref telephoned him and apologized for three calls at Saturday's game in Tempe. First for the kid that took the cheap shot at Matt. That kid led with the top of his helmut and should have been ejected from the game. Coach koetter was also warned by the NCAA on this issue. 2ndly, after review it the asu receiver DID NOT get forced out of bounds by the USC defender and as such was not eligible to recieve the ball and lastly the Reggie Bush reversal of his catch on the asu 11 yard line was not conclusive enough to have warranted the reversing of the call on the fiekd. Also, from a source Mike Garretts office has disclosed that the NCAA will not allow that group of refs to work together as a team again this year! None of this matters as we won anyway but it does make for good gossip!
Well you can bet I'll be at the game on Saturday. And then we can get ready for the Domers! To bad for me I can't go to Southbend I have a family event I can't miss.
See at the game!
Fight On!