PDA

View Full Version : bedroom locks

Excessive Force
10-06-2005, 04:34 PM
okay, ive got a rebelious teen that cant keep going into her brothers room when shes not supposed to...any bedroom locks out there, short of using an actual key, that will let mom and dad in yet not others in...perhaps the 5 push button loks on hospital storage rooms?? any other ideas? i know i cant be the only one out here thinking about this..thanks...EF

piper
10-06-2005, 04:37 PM
She's going to get in no matter what you do if she wants. But try the combo door knobs. That will keep her out until she figures out the combo.

SUBPRIME
10-06-2005, 04:37 PM
sounds like you just need to control the daughter or deal with lock and key

slink
10-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Take her door off the hinges and leave her with no privacy for a couple of weeks and see how she likes it. If she is a typical girl, she wont.

Excessive Force
10-06-2005, 04:38 PM
i whoop ass. dont loligag around but its in her to be a f'n rebel....shes on her way to being kicked out of the house when shes 18 till then i gotta deal with it.....

Excessive Force
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
she mostly goes in when noones home to see her do it then when shits missing she says she wasnt in the room! :mad:

piper
Damn, it looks like nothing is going to work. Maybe pepper spray will keep her out of the room.

Excessive Force
Damn, it looks like nothing is going to work. Maybe pepper spray will keep her out of the room.
no shift!!

Excessive Force
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
its my stepdaughter, she had no dad growin up. now theres law and order so im sure its tuff...either way i will not put up wit her shiot

piper
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Damn, I'm glad I don't have kids!

JetBoatRich
10-06-2005, 05:22 PM
How old is she :argue:
Try Grainger, they have a good selection :wink:

YeLLowBoaT
10-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I think I would start taking things she cares about away from her. its not liek she paid for them anyways. maybe go thru her things then make a goodwill run. I also like taking her door off. why would she want to take stuff from her brother?????? find the that out and you will have the prob solved. gl
And those combo locks will work for about 3 times b4 she shes the combo. most of them you have to take them off to change the combo so its a PITA.

Beer-30
10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I like the door-off her room thing. Nice suggestion.
Does Westpoint Military Academy sound good?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2005, 05:35 PM
I say move her shit into the living room. Let everyone rummage through her stuff anytime they feel like it. It would be a pain, but I don't think it would have to be for very long. I'm talking bed, dresser, everything. She can change clothes in the bathroom. Everyone has to rummage through her goodies on a regular basis.
If she doesn't learn to respect her step-brothers stuff, she won't respect anyones, including yours.

Debbolas
10-06-2005, 05:39 PM
My sister in law had to put a lock on her food pantry because when she was at work, her daughter would come home from school and eat EVERYTHING in there. Just a regular padlock. You could give one key to your son and you keep one.(?)

Scape Goat
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
the cobo locks are good and when she figures it out just crack the lock open and follow directions on how to change the combo, we use them in hotels and change combos every couple months. simple and effective

Devilman
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Eh, the door thing is sheer genius. Get that intimidation factor working there. Take the door off & kick dat ass. Just cause she's a stepdaughter, don't mean shit.It was rough at first, but both of mine began respecting me & now we get along great! Couldn't ask for better!!! Good luck!

TCHB
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Take the doors off. Good Luck and know it is pain in the ass.