PDA

View Full Version : Driving Habits

Cas
10-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Have yours changed with the higher prices?
mine haven't, I just pay more. It seems to me that there's going to be a vicious cycle, maybe it's already here. People will start driving less and the oil companies will just keep on raising prices to retain their massive profits. People will start driving hybrids and the oil companies will raise prices to make up the difference.
If we keep driving the same, the oil companies will have increased profits.

Flashover
10-07-2005, 09:23 AM
I take the train to work most days and then i don't drive my truck hardly at all. Witch sucks because i like to drive my truck. OIL BITCHES.... :devil:

cxr133
10-07-2005, 10:10 AM
yeah... since gas prices went up i also leave the truk parked
and take the bus to/from work now
its only one bus but i miss driving my truck (tahoe).. ok ok a SUV

Not So Fast
10-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Bought a golf cart for all the little local trips and you know what, we use it a lot more that we thought we would even though it's slow. Only use my truck to launch the boat now, and being retired, I've got more time than money thats for sure!!! NSF

Big Kahunaa
10-07-2005, 10:35 AM
My F-350 (gas powerd) sit's get driven once a month keep the tires round. The mazda b2200 get's driven every day 22mpg vrs 12mpg do the math

Flashover
10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
My F-350 (gas powerd) sit's get driven once a month keep the tires round. The mazda b2200 get's driven every day 22mpg vrs 12mpg do the math
That's got to hurt drivin the Mazda and leavin the nice truck at home... Except for the money you save.

Cas
10-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I need my truck for work, no way getting around it. I thought about buying a little more economical truck for the running around I need to do but for a decent little truck, it's at least $3K.....I can buy a lot of gas for $3K.
Good thing is the remodel I'm doing is only 6 miles from home. Bad thing is my truck is terrible in around town mileage.....8 mpg or so Ugghhhh

bilgewiper
10-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I keep wondering when some goverment brainchild comes up with the idea to lower the speedlimits back to 55.

cdog
10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
I drive less and do all of my trips at once. I eat less fast food and throw less money at things that I don't need. In the long run I spend alot less $$$ than I used to when gas was cheaper. Business will be the ones to pay and goverment will pay when people revolt by not buying useless shit that they tax and make $$$ off of. This holiday season will be the true test on how strong our economy is. Imagine if sales are down 25-35% this year. The goverment will have to figure out something.

sxpilot
10-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Just gased up my boat and truck for the weekend 106.00 bux, makes me glad I bought a whacker boat and not a Big Block...but then again if you can fill up your toys when you want, no sence in owning them...
we now plan our trips out to try and minimize the round town driving
F-ing oil companys got us by the balls

JetBoatRich
10-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I seem to be dring more :squiggle:
Last week, I did around 1,500 miles :devil: mostly work related :squiggle: way to much windshield time :(

H20 Toie
10-07-2005, 02:06 PM
My Dodge SRT-10 only got 12 mpg so i got a Ford F350 diesel which gets 11mpg but at least it can pull the new boat which uses way more gas than the old boat :hammerhea

CA Stu
10-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I ride a motorcycle to work about 3 days a week. 53 mpg vs 16 in my Dodge Diesel.
I figure I am cutting my fuel consumption by about 50% overall, and it's faster, and it's easier to park, and I can lane split, and I pay $240 a year in insurance.
Hell, I might as well ride it every day!
Thanks
CA Stu