PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave Tremor System

River918
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I am having a Tremor built at the end of the year and trying to figure out who I want to do the system and where I should put the speakers. I am looking at going with a Sony head unit, Disk changer and a couple amps. I am still trying to decide on speakers at this time. My idea so far is to have 4 - 10" or 12" subs put in the rear seat base, four 6 1/2" and two 6" x 9" in the driver/passenger compartment and two 6 1/2's in the closed bow (I dont want a whole lot of sound down below). Shockwave said they would do the install for me, but I was wondering if anyone has had them do a larger system like this and if the did, how does it sound? I would also like to see some pictures of system/speaker placements in this boat if you have them. Thanks for your help.....Much appreciated!!!!!!!!!! :)

purrfecttremor
10-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I would only let Bobby do You'r system.I had Him put two 10 subs ender the rear seat[boxed],four 6x9s low on the sides ,two 6 1/2 on the sides high,two amps under the hatch complete with fans,two remotes and a 10 disk mp3 changer in the cabin with all blue billit speaker covers.sounds good.pm Me if you like and ill give ya my phone #.

rivercrazy
10-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I also did a system in my 25 Tremor.
Four 10's in the back seat base. Sealed. Still have some storage room under the seats.
Four 6X9's in the rear of the cabin.
Four 6.5 seperates in the front of the cabin.
Two marine wired remotes.
Three amplifers all under the bow along with a 10 disc changer. If I had to do it over again, I'd move the head unit under there as well.
I did all my own stereo wiring during the boat build process. You might consider this as well. Shockwave built my subwoofer box to my specs and cut all the holes for speakers and headunit. Once the boat was delivered I installed all my speakers, amps, etc.
Suggestions: Do not put the amps in the engine bay. Too much heat and potential damage from water. Also get your components up as high as possible. Also have them build your subwoofer box out of 3/4" marine plywood

slink
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I let Bob do my install as well. I went with 2 12's in the rear bench driven by 800 watt amp, 4 6X9's in the lower area of the cabin, 4 6.5's above them in the cabin. each side is driven by another 800 watt amp. and then 2 6x9's in the base of the bow seats (powered by the head unit). Sony headunit with Sirius sat. as well. All three of my amps are in the enginge compartment cooled by fans. I've had it for two season's now with no problems. My system is plenty loud and clean for me. BTW, also 3 batteries.

River918
10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
If anyone has pics, can they email them to River918@aol.com And is "BoB" a person that works for Shockwave?

rivercrazy
10-07-2005, 08:40 PM
If anyone has pics, can they email them to River918@aol.com And is "BoB" a person that works for Shockwave?
Bob Anderson - One of the owners. Barry over there also knows stereos pretty well

ROZ
10-07-2005, 10:09 PM
depnding on your boat's layout, I'd do what TremorTherapy and Rivercrazy did as far as amp location... Their speaker locations are similar, too...

River918
10-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the great responses........I think alot of it is going to come down to cash flow......

purrfecttremor
10-08-2005, 09:07 AM
I did buy most of My own equipment and had Bobby do the install and saved alot of cash up front.He will work with You! I also have three batteries one 1700 stinger installed by car toys in havasu that powers the sterio most of the day and the two stock interstates that are just for reserve both with on board chargers.

River918
10-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I did buy most of My own equipment and had Bobby do the install and saved alot of cash up front.He will work with You! I also have three batteries one 1700 stinger installed by car toys in havasu that powers the sterio most of the day and the two stock interstates that are just for reserve both with on board chargers.
I planned on buying my own equipment (I have a great contact, super low prices) and have Shockwave do it. I'll talk to Barry and see if Bobby can do the install for me....I want a great system, but dont want to break the bank.......!!!!!!!!!