PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave on DirectTV Freeview

C-2
10-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Checked it out tonight.......damn, they're good.
Follows them thru a show in Cuba. In addition to the music, the info on Cuba is pretty amazing. We need to get over it and take them of the embargo list -swap them out for France!
Back to Audioslave - no doubt the most talented band today. That focker can sing!!!

JustMVG
10-08-2005, 09:18 PM
That Focker was the lead singer for Soundgarden, and was in Temple of the Dog, a Pearljam Soundgarden mix, and yeah he's a damn good singer.

C-2
10-08-2005, 09:34 PM
That Focker was the lead singer for Soundgarden, and was in Temple of the Dog, a Pearljam Soundgarden mix, and yeah he's a damn good singer.
Yup, been a fan of Cornell's since Soundgarden. Put it this way....I left the romm for a few minutes, came back and saw my 2.5 year old little girlie dancing and singing around to Doesn't Remind Me. Even better, she also remembered Show Me how to Live from their first CD. I used to play it quite a bit in the car - and apparently she is also a fan!
And don't get me started on the wifey drooling over him....
:)

JustMVG
10-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah my wife does the same thing....

HCS
10-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Checked it out tonight.......damn, they're good.
Follows them thru a show in Cuba. In addition to the music, the info on Cuba is pretty amazing. We need to get over it and take them of the embargo list -swap them out for France!
Back to Audioslave - no doubt the most talented band today. That focker can sing!!!
I have Dish Network. Don't see it. All I have is music video re-runs. :mad:
I here too much about stuff on DirectTV. I think I need to switch. :idea:
Audioslave is really popular these days. I haven't seen them live but I have their platinum cd "AUDIOSLAVE". Too much yelling and songs that sound the same. I like his scream, but when I listen to the cd it gets old after a couple songs. Don't get me wrong they have songs I like but it get's redundant.
I guess that's why they have I-Pods. :rolleyes:
I find the same thing with God Smack. I really like their acoustic cd "The Other Side" But when I listen to the flip side "Faceless" it tends to burn out half way through. Just too much screaming over and over.
I'm old school because I grew up with bands like Led Zepplin. When they came out with new albums every cut was something to look forward to. You couldn't wait to here the next song because the one you just herd was awesome. Then the next cut would top it. I find alot off bands these days don't have much variety. Every cut is a continuation of the last one. There's no variety.
It was great to be around when the old greats were releasing albums. :cool: