PDA

View Full Version : Noise enforcement Havasu and Parker

ghittner
05-11-2006, 07:29 AM
For those of you who have already been, what are the noise cops up to this year? How bad are they enforcing the noise laws?

Waldo
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
I haven't heard of any boats being "busted" in Parker. They don't test at ramps...most of them are private. Maybe BoatCop can shed some light. Don't know about Havi.

H20 Toie
05-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Havasu marina is the only one i have ever seen testing and their testing doesn't even follow the current rules so stay away from there

Huckleberry
05-11-2006, 08:26 AM
My boat is not even remotley close to meeting ANY noise standards. I've been to the Zoo three times so far and driven past many a LE. They don't even bat an eye at ya. Just don't be stupid and rev the motors when they're behind ya, or under the bridge. Ya might look out for the fish cops as you go up river though. They have been known to be stinky about the noise in the refuge area. But again, be smart and they'll not likely bug ya either. Have fun!!!

me4drvr
05-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Constant testing in Havasu Marina, then they put your reg. numbers in the computer. Hit 82db with Gatlins and an Ilmor 625
My buddy got rejected 1 time, then came back later after the motor warmed up and passed :)

Big Bear
05-11-2006, 08:41 AM
About a month ago I was on Photogluo's Fountain and we were running pretty hard down towards the dam. Cop boat pulled out from AZ side and stopped him for noise. Read him from quite a distance. Said they were fed cops (fish and game??) and put Jay on their boat and wrote him a ticket.

Huckleberry
05-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Havasu marina is the only one i have ever seen testing and their testing doesn't even follow the current rules so stay away from there
F*** LAKE HAVASU MARINA!!!
They won't let you launch there because the noise is too loud and will hurt the ears of their precious employees...But cruise up to their gas dock blowing 110dB out the back of your boat and they'll welcome you to fill up with $300 of their gas!!! WTF!!! What happened to their precious ears then???

Huckleberry
05-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Amen! Ain't it the truth brother!

ghittner
05-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Please folks, forward this to LH Marina along with me.

Boatcop
05-13-2006, 07:53 PM
About a month ago I was on Photogluo's Fountain and we were running pretty hard down towards the dam. Cop boat pulled out from AZ side and stopped him for noise. Read him from quite a distance. Said they were fed cops (fish and game??) and put Jay on their boat and wrote him a ticket.
If they said they were Feds, probably US Fish and Wildlife. Although the USCG doesn't have regs against noise, the Fish and Wildlife Service has rules regarding noise anywhere within the Refuge boundries.
As far as Parker is concerned, just don't be blatant about the noise and you'll be alright. Mid 90s and above will get you looked at, maybe cited. Open pipes will guarantee you a ticket and tossed off the water.

GottaJet
05-13-2006, 09:54 PM
If they said they were Feds, probably US Fish and Wildlife. Although the USCG doesn't have regs against noise, the Fish and Wildlife Service has rules regarding noise anywhere within the Refuge boundries.
As far as Parker is concerned, just don't be blatant about the noise and you'll be alright. Mid 90s and above will get you looked at, maybe cited. Open pipes will guarantee you a ticket and tossed off the water.
How much are these tickets running??

Beautiful Noise
05-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks BoatCop :)

reb939
05-14-2006, 05:58 AM
My neighbor at the river got busted for noise on Parker. They wrote him for 85. He's got a 28 DCB w/ a 525 whippled. His boat is loud but not enough to draw too much attention.

Boatcop
05-14-2006, 12:25 PM
My neighbor at the river got busted for noise on Parker. They wrote him for 85. He's got a 28 DCB w/ a 525 whippled. His boat is loud but not enough to draw too much attention.
Couldn't write him for 85 when 86 is the "legal" limit. Maybe was written for "No Muffling Device."

Riverkid
05-14-2006, 03:49 PM
My aren't we up early this morning? :)

crusader 05
05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
I Had No Problem With The Law.idled Past Them Several Times With Open Headers In The Channel.

ghittner
05-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Boat Cop, Thanks for the info... What about open pipes wet? When running? Silent choice at the ramp? Thanks.

hot_diggity_dog
05-15-2006, 05:20 AM
For those of you who have already been, what are the noise cops up to this year? How bad are they enforcing the noise laws?
They pulled over Bling Bling's old boat at the sandbar and tested it for about 20 minutes. :mad:
HDD :cool:

Boatcop
05-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Boat Cop, Thanks for the info... What about open pipes wet? When running? Silent choice at the ramp? Thanks.
The law states that the muffling equipment must be in "Constant Operation". Silent Choice and other switchable systems are illegal.

Big Warlock
05-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Hey Alan:
Clarification. The switchable system isn't illegal. If your boat is beyond the 86db level with them in either position, you would be eligible for a citation. True? The actual system isn't illegal? Then you could get a ticket for having silent choice installed on your boat? Just symantics, but I am curious. Obviously I have silent choice on my boat. I choose to use it when cruising the harbor and listening to music or friends on board, etc. etc. I have not been bothered in Havasu. I don't go there often and I am too big to be on the river in Parker.
Thanks,
Rob

PHOTOGLOU
05-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Couldn't write him for 85 when 86 is the "legal" limit. Maybe was written for "No Muffling Device."
82 is the legal limit in Cali and 86 is the legal limit in AZ...... Just went throught this with BLM like Big Bear said...... I was 98 in a 82 (cal side of the lake) $330 ticket....

Cole Trickle
05-15-2006, 08:25 AM
82 is the legal limit in Cali and 86 is the legal limit in AZ...... Just went throught this with BLM like Big Bear said...... I was 98 in a 82 (cal side of the lake)
Still have the picture?;) :crossx:

PHOTOGLOU
05-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Still have the picture?;) :crossx:
YES..... why????

Cole Trickle
05-15-2006, 08:28 AM
YES..... why????
Should of pulled a Panama!!! :p

Waldo
05-15-2006, 08:40 AM
I witnessed a few blown-open piped jets/flatbottoms launching at the Sheriff ramp over the weekend (we're right across the river). They all seemed to WRAPPP it a few times coming off the trailer. From where we were, I'm sure they would have failed any test...grossly. Parker cops are COOL!

Boatcop
05-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Alan:
Clarification. The switchable system isn't illegal. If your boat is beyond the 86db level with them in either position, you would be eligible for a citation. True? The actual system isn't illegal? Then you could get a ticket for having silent choice installed on your boat? Just symantics, but I am curious. Obviously I have silent choice on my boat. I choose to use it when cruising the harbor and listening to music or friends on board, etc. etc. I have not been bothered in Havasu. I don't go there often and I am too big to be on the river in Parker.
Thanks,
Rob
True. The switchable systems are not, in themselves, illegal. But running them in the bypass mode is. All state laws I know of say that they must be in constant operation.

ADDICTED
05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
:D quick fix for all your sound problems :D
www.gibsonmarine.com

boatnam2
05-15-2006, 02:01 PM
i have been taking mine off and putting them on the last few times out just to see the difference in performance.really not that noisy with them off being under the swim step and in the water but noticable for sure,but parker pd has never given me a second look.i have never had a problem with the parker police in 25 years of boating there and i firmly believe that in parker keep your head out of your ass watch what your doing and you will never have a problem even if you are a little noisy!