PDA

View Full Version : Never have to buy another filter, finally....

nextasex
10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Just got my ultra oil filter in the mail today. This thing is sweet. Saw this product at the Sand Show and ordered one. Even though this one's for my rail, I have one coming for my boat. Figured some of you would be interested. Here's a couple pics.
Frank :wink:
BTW check out the web at www.ultraoilfilters.com for all the applications.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2411filtercomplete-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2411filterapart-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2411marinecomplete.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2411marineapart.jpg

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
How much ???
CJG
:cool:

dregsz
10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Pretty Spiffy.
I run the Canton Racing Billet Filter on the racecar.
Change it about once a year unless other things go terribly wrong.
Filters down to 8 microns. Been around a long time.
The inner, removable filter is disposable, No cleaning.
http://www.cmfilters.com/spin-on.cfm
Nice marine fuel filters. I love the black billet remote filter adapter, but the one on the ultra site is pretty sweet looking too.
I have been using Canton oil pans and oil control parts in autoracing for years.
I trust them.
Good luck with your filters. They look super nice.
I never even thought to run them on the boat until you just brought it up. DOH!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Hmmmm....
So the Ultraoilfilters will only filter down to 35 microns ????
CJG
:confused:

HBjet
10-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Hmmmm....
So the Ultraoilfilters will only filter down to 35 microns ????
CJG
:confused:
And my 12 dollar K&N filters down between 10-20 microns. I change my oil in the boat twice a year. Beginning of the season and at the middle of the season.
HBjet

Sleek-Jet
10-13-2005, 05:29 AM
I thought cartridge filters went out with poly-glass tires and sock hops...
Everything is new again I guess. Looks trick though.

nextasex
10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
I will have Chris chime in for more technical info.
Later,
Frank

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I change my oil every 20 hours (16 quarts) which is about 3 times a season.
I am always looking for a better mouse trap.....
Plus....I wouldn't need to get my Fram filters painted purple....
Oh Yea!.....I paint my oil filters to match my motor......Freak RIGHT!!
The polished case looks sweet too !!!!
Later,
CJG

JOHNSONFAB
10-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Hello all,
We (ULTRAFILTER) use a 10 micron surgical t304 stainless screen in our filters. the 35 absolute has since been changed. Also none of our filters have bypass valves in them. The bypass valves in the standard paper filters are set at thirteen lbs of pressure. so once you hit the throttle the bypass opens and NONE of your oil is being filtered.
The dual setup in the picture has a cross over tube. without the crossover tube this was designed for boats with dual motors and running oil lines into the two seperate canisters. makes oil changes real quick and easy.
Also since 100% of your oil is being filtered now with no bypass you can run 40 hours without a change.

79Challenger
10-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I saw then=m at the offroad show in Pomona last weekend. Bought on for my boat.

boxscore
10-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Plus....I wouldn't need to get my Fram filters painted purple....
Oh Yea!.....I paint my oil filters to match my motor......Freak RIGHT!!
Please tell me this is a hoax. :rolleyes:

superdave013
10-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Hello all,
We (ULTRAFILTER) use a 10 micron surgical t304 stainless screen in our filters. the 35 absolute has since been changed. Also none of our filters have bypass valves in them. The bypass valves in the standard paper filters are set at thirteen lbs of pressure. so once you hit the throttle the bypass opens and NONE of your oil is being filtered.
The dual setup in the picture has a cross over tube. without the crossover tube this was designed for boats with dual motors and running oil lines into the two seperate canisters. makes oil changes real quick and easy.
Also since 100% of your oil is being filtered now with no bypass you can run 40 hours without a change.
I have a question. Why run 2 filters in series like that? I'd think that the first one will filter every thing that the second one would. That second filter is just a restriction set up that way. I love your filters but I'd ditch that tube and hook them up in parallel if I was to use 2 filters. Just like in electroincs, in series the resistance of the system is R = R1 + R2. In parrallel it's R= (R1xR2) / (R1+R2). Do the math, you would have MUCH better oil flow with them in parallel.

JOHNSONFAB
10-14-2005, 10:25 AM
The first filter is not as fine as the second. also this dual setup flows 7.8 times more oil that a standard fram hp1

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Please tell me this is a hoax. :rolleyes:
I wish is was !!!!
Sorry......I'm a freak !!!......
:D

Jbb
10-14-2005, 10:38 AM
The first filter is not as fine as the second. also this dual setup flows 7.8 times more oil that a standard fram hp1
Do you have a dual remote ...full size with a relocation kit for a bbc?

JOHNSONFAB
10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
i did not make the relocation kits becasue so many other companies make them and they are only like 20 bucks. but yes you can use the dual kit for the bbc
they run 299.00 lifetime warranty and seals never have to be replaced.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-14-2005, 10:44 AM
i did not make the relocation kits becasue so many other companies make them and they are only like 20 bucks. but yes you can use the dual kit for the bbc
they run 299.00 lifetime warranty and seals never have to be replaced.
How much for the single kit for BBC ??
CJG
:)

JOHNSONFAB
10-14-2005, 10:51 AM

superdave013
10-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Well that should do it then. Now that we have the filter guy on board lets ask some questions.
How fine is the first one? And is the second one the 10 micron? And why do you like this set up better then 2 of the 10 micron's in parallel?
I know I'm asking alot of questions so here's another. I'm doing a 510" engine set up for endurance. (don't laugh you fockers, I'll do more laps next time!! lol) Anyway I've got this re-built Weaver 4 stage dry sump and a Stef's offshore oil pan with a Patterson 3.5 gal tank. What would be the best filter set up and why?
Maybe a course one in each stages inlet and the fine deal on the pressure side?
I was thinking of one of those cleanable inline jobs (-12) on each stage and a Canton on the pressure side. But your's are much better bling so I'm open to sugestions.
Oh, weclome to the forums btw.

JOHNSONFAB
10-14-2005, 12:07 PM
i would run the single mount set up. you get alot of oil flow and the filtering is 100%.
the dual in the pic is set of for an offroad car. the dual is really for 2 motors. you will be very happy with the single.
but to answer your queston on the dual the first filter is a 25 micron

nextasex
10-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for chiming in Chris. My filter is bad ass btw!!

Ultrafied
10-14-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm running the Trufilter, quite similar to these. It's a single and you can get them anodized or not. Made from 6061T6 billet aluminum and the filter element is made from laser cut, medical grade, type 304 stainless steel micron filter cloth. I believe you can find them for about $118.00 (I got mine for $99) and I've been running it since last November. Here is the link.
http://trufilter.com/
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2432Truefilter-med.jpg
Another cool thing is if you ever change your engine or decide you want to run it on something else, they will send the base free.

Jordy
10-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I never have to buy oil filters either, at least for the boat. ;)
But those are bad ass. :D

superdave013
10-15-2005, 09:48 AM
i would run the single mount set up. you get alot of oil flow and the filtering is 100%.
the dual in the pic is set of for an offroad car. the dual is really for 2 motors. you will be very happy with the single.
but to answer your queston on the dual the first filter is a 25 micron
That dual mount would be kick a$$ for an off shore boat too.
Thanks for the info.
I see your filters all over but if you would like another dealer in the area I'm intrested. I do more marine projects then off road so it should not be a conflict of intrests.

Magic34
10-15-2005, 10:03 AM
So, what do I need for my Merc 575s?