PDA

View Full Version : Death and Destruction in Parker

JB in so cal
10-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Got back from a week at Big Bend the 2nd through the 9th. Awesome weather; good friends; great food. Boat ran great.
And. Oh Yeah. Buckskin Rescue Divers pulled a dead kid out of the water in front of Big Bend on Tuesday night, and Saturday, a rental Pontoon and a yellow jet boat collided right in front of us. The pontoon saw the guy heading for his boat and came off plane; the jet kept going straight and hit the front left pontoon and went flying - yes flying - over the front of it.
No major injuries, but they hooked up the driver of the jet and took him away for blowing over the limit. I think he came out of the power and had no positive steering control and his momentum kept him going straight.
The sound those boats made when the hit will stick with me for a while. Phuck!
Summer's over????

LAFD
10-13-2005, 11:59 AM
that sucks about the kid thats never a good thing..

pixilatedpussy
10-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Got back from a week at Big Bend the 2nd through the 9th. Awesome weather; good friends; great food. Boat ran great.
And. Oh Yeah. Buckskin Rescue Divers pulled a dead kid out of the water in front of Big Bend on Tuesday night, and Saturday, a rental Pontoon and a yellow jet boat collided right in front of us. The pontoon saw the guy heading for his boat and came off plane; the jet kept going straight and hit the front left pontoon and went flying - yes flying - over the front of it.
No major injuries, but they hooked up the driver of the jet and took him away for blowing over the limit. I think he came out of the power and had no positive steering control and his momentum kept him going straight.
The sound those boats made when the hit will stick with me for a while. Phuck!
Summer's over????
OMG! That is horrible! Any idea on what the details were about the child? So sorry for the family! :frown:

Jyruiz
10-13-2005, 12:04 PM
That really sucks the big one, I feel for the kids parents.

JB in so cal
10-13-2005, 12:07 PM
The kid and his girlfriend were trying to get to the jumping rock in front of Big Bend at about dusk to jump off. Instead of jumping or wading into the water to swim the 15 to 20 feet accross to the rock, he dove head first. His girlfriend told me she turned to drop something, heard the splash and turned around. Never saw him again. Divers found him about 20 feet down 2 hours later. Very sad, indeed.
The worst part was when the divers found him, they radio'd to the SBCo Sheriff and he had to walk over to the motorhome and tell the father of the GF who then told the GF.

LAFD
10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
The kid and his girlfriend were trying to get to the jumping rock in front of Big Bend at about dusk to jump off. Instead of jumping or wading into the water to swim the 15 to 20 feet accross to the rock, he dove head first. His girlfriend told me she turned to drop something, heard the splash and turned around. Never saw him again. Divers found him about 20 feet down 2 hours later. Very sad, indeed.
The worst part was when the divers found him, they radio'd to the SBCo Sheriff and he had to walk over to the motorhome and tell the father of the GF who then told the GF.
thats why i dont jump off rocks anymore dont know whats under that water and theres alot of storys about this happening alot.definetly sucks....

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
and you wanted me to stay all week,,,,,

Run_em_Hard
10-13-2005, 02:26 PM
That is terrible. I havn't heard something that terrible for a long time. Always know where your swimmin. If you've been drinking be extra careful.

TCHB
10-13-2005, 03:04 PM
About ten years ago some one did the exact same thing off Idiot Rock and it was all over.
Very Sad

Biglue
10-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Man that sucks to hear. It's sad to realize that the river is a dangerous place if not careful at others people's gross price.
Hearts and Prayers out to the family.
Lue.

JetBoatRich
10-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Sad news for sure :mad: both incidents
Boat driver who was put in bracelets :mad: may have avoided the collision if he was straight?
The kid who did not know better :mad: