PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Vs. Lavey

eman1625
10-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Wondering if I could get some opinions from some peeps here?
We are looking at cobras 26 razor and the Lavey 26 nuera. Both seem like great boats and both priced similar with the 496HO package. Anybody have experiences good or bad that may help?

Outnumbered
10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Cobras look nice but I don't think I would even consider the Cobra if they were the same price. Lavey quality and re-sale is top notch. Lavey all the way.

dicudmore
10-14-2005, 09:35 AM
They both build nice boats.
I would RECOMMEND trim tabs on the Lavey :wink:
We know people with both of the boats you mentioned and both are very happy with them.

Jordy
10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Paging RTJas. RTJas, clean up on Post #6 please. ;)
His Lavey pager must be on the fritz today. :idea:

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
The Cobra's look alot more custom then the Lavey's, which to me look more production line style.
Do a search and there is good info on both. Good Luck with your decision.

Flashover
10-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Wondering if I could get some opinions from some peeps here?
We are looking at cobras 26 razor and the Lavey 26 nuera. Both seem like great boats and both priced similar with the 496HO package. Anybody have experiences good or bad that may help?
Take a look into the Dana 27 Offshore great price and full of all the options you will need. Check out the website.... :D :D :D

INSman
10-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Take a look into the Dana 27 Offshore great price and full of all the options you will need. Check out the website.... :D :D :D
I second this opinion, the 27' Dana has has FABULOUS write-ups earlier this year and Bobbi and Rhet are both great guys. I can tell you that Bobbi is a good guy to know and see on the river/lake if and when something happens !!

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I second this opinion, the 27' Dana has has FABULOUS write-ups earlier this year and Bobbi and Rhet are both great guys. I can tell you that Bobbi is a good guy to know and see on the river/lake if and when something happens !!
Bobby a good guy??? psshh....what you talkin about WILLIS!!?? :D
Definatley a good guy.

beach gomer
10-14-2005, 01:29 PM
EMAN1625
I have a 2000 26' Nue Era for sale.I've had it for 6 seasons low hours.vary nice boat. Search 26 lavey.PM me if you have any questions.

eman1625
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks beach gomer. Very nice boat, but we are looking for a mid cuddy.
How has customer service been with Lavey?

voodoomedman
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
ummmm I can think of a builder I would reccomend too but since you specifically asked about Cobra and Lavey I will give my opinion on those.
Lavey-well built boat. Can get vacuum bagged for an extra fee. I would personally say that the quality of the rigging and construction is better. If the pricing was exactly the same for the same options I would go with the Lavey. Lavey customers are also very loyal and love their boats so that has to say something.
Cobra-They have really stepped up their game lately. I think they have nicer gelcoats than Lavey but it may also be because you see alot of the tribal with them and traditional stuff with Lavey. The 26 I believe is their own design they had someone design and actually tooled and not a splashed boat. My worry with Cobra would be with the owners past and the way that Cobra actually became Cobra.(Do a search on here and you will get the idea) They seem to be pumpin out very nice boats lately though with very happy customers so definately look at them.
Just do some research and remember that we all have opinions. If you like your boat and think you got a good deal and were taken care of before and after the sale than that is what counts.
Now if you want some opinions on some other manufacturers........................ Oh wait I keep forgetting you asked about Lavey and Cobra.

JB in so cal
10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Get ahold of the October/November Powerboat mag. The tested/compared 15 boats under $80k. Both those are in there.

Throttle
10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
do you really need more info... Cobra!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2610cobra_260_razor.jpg

Flashover
10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks beach gomer. Very nice boat, but we are looking for a mid cuddy.
How has customer service been with Lavey?
Just like JB says check out the powerboat mag it has the Dana 27 offshore midcabin in that same review. It's a good source of info and if you need more just PM me and i will hook you up with whatever you need... :D :D

Supultlbich
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Just like JB says check out the powerboat mag it has the Dana 27 offshore midcabin in that same review. It's a good source of info and if you need more just PM me and i will hook you up with whatever you need... :D :D
Are you on the payroll at Dana or what??? :wink:

Throttle
10-14-2005, 03:35 PM
yeah, while you are diggin out your powerboat mag, check out the cobra 260 razor!
I think that will relate to your question... Cobra / Lavey...
nice tip flash, now get outta here...

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey thottle, You got a price on that boat yet.....Im still curious

Throttle
10-14-2005, 03:50 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0848.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0842.JPG

FASTERDAMITT
10-14-2005, 04:05 PM
What's the prices on the 26's? Bottom degree? (you want 24 deg in havasu) Do they count the swim platform as footage? (if they do, then buy a 24 it's cheaper)
What's most important to you?
Style? (everybody has thier own)
Ride? (Must be deep V)
Performance? (Light weight)
Cost? (is it really a factor if your not happy)

cc322
10-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Go to each builder and see how they are put together, then you be the judge. I am bias but with good reason, I looked at alot of builders and some offered more for a lower price, as much as 5000.00 but with LAVEY'S reputation I was allready sold. IMO magazine articals dont mean squat. Talk to owners of each and you will get good information. Dont forget if you buy the LAVEY you get to be part of a very select family :D

Creator
10-14-2005, 04:27 PM
ummmm I can think of a builder I would reccomend too but since you specifically asked about Cobra and Lavey I will give my opinion on those.
Lavey-well built boat. Can get vacuum bagged for an extra fee. I would personally say that the quality of the rigging and construction is better.
Cobra- I think they have nicer gelcoats than Lavey but it may also be because you see alot of the tribal with them and traditional stuff with Lavey.
Lavey Designed all of their boats and bottoms, no other boats out there with the same bottoms. Lavey IS a higher quality boat hands down.
Someone said lavey only does traditional gels? I think NOT! :hammer2: This is ours and it's 3 years old, the days of traditional gels from them ended about 5 years ago.
http://www.jumbocreations.com/***boat1.jpg
Yes ***boat does have a magazine!
http://www.jumbocreations.com/mystery1.jpg
And the pictures don't even come close to doing this boat justice. The white fade to yellow on the bow is so nice it looks like an ivory cue ball. Very Impressive fades, Better than most. I might be a bit bias. :rollside:

Essex502
10-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Howard 25 Bullet...oops that wasn't one of the choices...too bad..Best of the lot. :D

Beer-30
10-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Lavey Designed all of their boats and bottoms, no other boats out there with the same bottoms. Lavey IS a higher quality boat hands down.
Someone said lavey only does traditional gels? I think NOT! :hammer2: This is ours and it's 3 years old, the days of traditional gels from them ended about 5 years ago.
And the pictures don't even come close to doing this boat justice. The white fade to yellow on the bow is so nice it looks like an ivory cue ball. Very Impressive fades, Better than most. I might be a bit bias. :rollside:
That's sooooo pretty. And it's REMOTE CONTROLLED, too? That's awesome :jawdrop: :D :D

Family4Day
10-14-2005, 05:29 PM
We have an 05 26 NuEra. Excellent Boat! It is our second from lavey. I can not say anything about Cobra, as I have never driven one or rode in one, but they are on the top of their game with the gel designs! Our lavey is 27'2" overall(someone above mentioned lengths with swimstep), 24 degree bottom, and has the 496HO. It is everything we wanted in a boat. We have a closed bow, but I know there are a few that post on here with cuddy/open. We have tabs, as Dicudmore mentioned, but the 26 is a different bottom than the 2750(I know there have been many threads and posts on the 2750!). We have no chine walk when running without them, but they are great to have when running in the ocean. The boat is built solid. We did not vacuum bag ours, but I have never felt a shudder or heard a creak while running in Havasu or to Catalina. The gel designs at Lavey are as close or far from traditional as you chose. We have traditional flames, not tribal, but it has ghost flames of lighter and darker burgundy throughout. Good luck with your decision. If you are in the Rancho Cucamonga area, give me a call, your welcome to check it out.
Todd

dicudmore
10-14-2005, 05:53 PM
We have an 05 26 NuEra. Excellent Boat! It is our second from lavey. I can not say anything about Cobra, as I have never driven one or rode in one, but they are on the top of their game with the gel designs! Our lavey is 27'2" overall(someone above mentioned lengths with swimstep), 24 degree bottom, and has the 496HO. It is everything we wanted in a boat. We have a closed bow, but I know there are a few that post on here with cuddy/open. We have tabs, as Dicudmore mentioned, but the 26 is a different bottom than the 2750(I know there have been many threads and posts on the 2750!). We have no chine walk when running without them, but they are great to have when running in the ocean. The boat is built solid. We did not vacuum bag ours, but I have never felt a shudder or heard a creak while running in Havasu or to Catalina. The gel designs at Lavey are as close or far from traditional as you chose. We have traditional flames, not tribal, but it has ghost flames of lighter and darker burgundy throughout. Good luck with your decision. If you are in the Rancho Cucamonga area, give me a call, your welcome to check it out.
Todd
Hey Todd I didn't mean that as a slam... I have friends with 24, 26 and 2750's. They're all nice boats but all of them said trim tabs were a must so I just pass along the info.

Ultrafied
10-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I think Cobra is a really great boat ... but, not quite in the same league as the Lavey. With 50 years behind them, a lot of performance in competitive racing proving their designs, attention to detail and for basically for the same price is why I make this statement.

Flashover
10-14-2005, 06:02 PM
yeah, while you are diggin out your powerboat mag, check out the cobra 260 razor!
I think that will relate to your question... Cobra / Lavey...
nice tip flash, now get outta here...
Throttle im hurt!! OK OK the cobra is a good boat too, And so is the Lavey. But go look at the D**a "i didn't say anything" :D :D :D

beach gomer
10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Chris and Jeff have always been good to me.I've had lavey's for 10 plus years and not one customer service problem.Drive both boats and look at the detailing and compare. I think the structural integrity on the Lavey is better than the cobra.

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 07:06 PM
I own a 26 Razor. It is really a top quality boat. I have raced my friend's 26 Lavey and beat him every time. Cobra's gelcoating and graphics are second to none. Their rigging is clean and just as good as Lavey. I did my homework and Cobra has the best 26' around.
I have to admit that his boat rides smoother in the heavy chop. If you want to go with Lavey, buy the 2750 Nuera. It is actually a lighter and faster boat than the Lavey 26'.

Supultlbich
10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
I own a 26 Razor. It is really a top quality boat. I have raced my friend's 26 Lavey and beat him every time. Cobra's gelcoating and graphics are second to none. Their rigging is clean and just as good as Lavey. I did my homework and Cobra has the best 26' around.
I have to admit that his boat rides smoother in the heavy chop. If you want to go with Lavey, buy the 2750 Nuera. It is actually a lighter and faster boat than the Lavey 26'.
Wow!!!!!!!!! One post and your foot is half way down your throat!!! Get your Lavey facts straight and try again!! Last time I checked they didnt make a 2750 Nu ERA. If you knew anything you would know that the 2750 has a much deeper entry and and is cored and baged. Apple and Oranges man. But hey welcome aboard!!

Creator
10-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!! One post and your foot is half way down your throat!!! Get your Lavey facts straight and try again!!
The 2750 does run faster than the 26 but that's about all he got right.

Supultlbich
10-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Just another Throttle want to be!!!!!!! :cool:

THOR
10-14-2005, 07:25 PM
There is a lot to be said about resale and the lavey will hold more resale value by a long shot. Lavey does some excellent get schemes too when compared to Cobra.

909er
10-14-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't know much about Cobra but I bought my Lavey used and everybody at Lavey treats like I bought the boat new from them. There customer service is fantastic.

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Supultlbich, I guess you're right and Lavey's website is wrong. I'm confused why they're selling a boat named the 2750 NuEra Sport. I was wrong about the weight though. The two boats have the same hull weight. Eitherway, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about because I have only one post. Check your facts sucker!
http://www.laveycraft.com/2750newera.htm

Throttle
10-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Here is one for you guys, try doin 75-77mph in da lavey without da tabs ($$)... mmmm, no.
lots of walkin, just a good guess...

Throttle
10-14-2005, 08:10 PM
what 26?

Throttle
10-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Throttle im hurt!! OK OK the cobra is a good boat too, And so is the Lavey. But go look at the D**a "i didn't say anything" :D :D :D
oh stop :cry: . Just don't want you to side tracked... hahahaha :D

Supultlbich
10-14-2005, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=LakeSnake]Hey Supultlbich, I guess you're right and Lavey's website is wrong. I'm confused why they're selling a boat named the 2750 NuEra Sport. I was wrong about the weight though. The two boats have the same hull weight. Eitherway, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about because I have only one post. Check your facts sucker!
http://www.laveycraft.com/2750newera.htm[/QUOTE
Your right you dont know!! One is an offshore boat, one is a family runabout. Totally different boats. But you did your homework, and you obviously know all the facts because you went to the website and wrote down some numbers. Cobra makes great boats, glad you like it.

Ultrafied
10-14-2005, 08:14 PM
I own a 26 Razor. It is really a top quality boat. I have raced my friend's 26 Lavey and beat him every time.
Just wondering, what were the powerplants in each?

Throttle
10-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Just wondering, what were the powerplants in each?
runnin a 496ho in mine...
:rollside:
cobra 260 razor

Creator
10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
what 26?
The Lavey 2750 runs faster than the Lavey 26. I don't know about the speeds of the cobra as I don't own one. I will say that our 2750 does use a little tab but I don't use it for chine walking but to counter the torque over. The boat does want to porpoise at the higher speeds but only in fresh water. It is one of the draw backs of a high performance bottom. The 26 does not have the same issue from what I understand.
Tell me, If cobra is such a well built boat why don't they run in the F1 class like Lavey and prove it. (not saying they're junk, just curious)
Lavey always seems to win every where they go and the boat never suffers from stress cracking or delamination. That right there says alot about their quality.

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Supultlbich writes, "Last time I checked they didnt make a 2750 Nu ERA."
Hmmm, when was the last time you checked. If you are going to pipe off, at least know your own boat company. I think you need to study their website. :boxingguy

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 08:28 PM
496HO in mine.

cc322
10-14-2005, 08:31 PM
http://www.teamlaveycraft.com/
Well Chris said at the regatta that when you buy the 2750 you are getting the same bottom as on there F1-11 race boat pretty high standards imo :rollside:

909er
10-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Here is one for you guys, try doin 75-77mph in da lavey without da tabs ($$)... mmmm, no.
lots of walkin, just a good guess...
Here is one for you. I don't see any Cobra's in the ocean....mmmmm, no

Ultrafied
10-14-2005, 08:46 PM
496HO in mine.
and in your friends Lavey?

dicudmore
10-14-2005, 08:50 PM
The Lavey 2750 runs faster than the Lavey 26. I don't know about the speeds of the cobra as I don't own one. I will say that our 2750 does use a little tab but I don't use it for chine walking but to counter the torque over. The boat does want to porpoise at the higher speeds but only in fresh water. It is one of the draw backs of a high performance bottom. The 26 does not have the same issue from what I understand.
Tell me, If cobra is such a well built boat why don't they run in the F1 class like Lavey and prove it. (not saying they're junk, just curious)
Lavey always seems to win every where they go and the boat never suffers from stress cracking or delamination. That right there says alot about their quality.
My boat has a little freshwater porpoise also... a touch of tab or backed off just a touch and it goes away... Never noticed it in the salt either, now that you mention it. Tabs in the full up position in the ocean though

dicudmore
10-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Here is one for you. I don't see any Cobra's in the ocean....mmmmm, no
Haven't seen that one either...I have seen YOUR 2750 out there several times though (I was usually watching the transom :rolleyes: )
Not to say that a Cobra couldn't be in the ocean, I've just never seen it...
But I have seen a 24' Commander in the Avalon harbor...

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!! One post and your foot is half way down your throat!!! Get your Lavey facts straight and try again!! Last time I checked they didnt make a 2750 Nu ERA. If you knew anything you would know that the 2750 has a much deeper entry and and is cored and baged. Apple and Oranges man. But hey welcome aboard!!
Don't hate me because I know more about Lavey Craft than you do. Just in case you didn't know, you have to buy the vacuum bagging and balsa core as an added option$$$. Stick to your 24' little guy and stay away from the big water. This is a 26' thread.
149 post and you have your foot all the way down your throat!!! :jawdrop:

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 08:54 PM
friends lavey has a 496ho.

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Just another Throttle want to be!!!!!!! :cool:
all throttle want 2 bee's need to start with the application process... not all can apply, (cobra boat, minimum qual).

Creator
10-14-2005, 09:03 PM
friends lavey has a 496ho.
It doesn't count if
1. Your friend doesn't exsit
2. He does exist but has 5 people in his boat and
you're alone because no one wants to ride with you.
3. He has a full Tank and you have 1/4 tank
4. He has a cruising prop and you have a performance/top
speed prop
5. Hmmm, how many variables could there be?
When you guys run the same prop, same fuel, same load then maybe you'll have something.
Oh BTY the 24 Lavey measures closer to 26 but you knew that right.
The 26 lavey measures 27 ft.

bfab33
10-14-2005, 09:10 PM
How long has cobra boats been around? I think Lavey has been around for 50 years. Oh and by the way the 26 razor is not a true 26 it is more like a 24 so if you want to compare speed then compare the 24 Lavey not the 26. Also, I don't know how a boat maker that has only been around for a few years can sale their boat for the same price as another that has been around for many years. And before you go and spend 90,000 on a boat, you better hope the company is around in a few years. I sure Lavey will be.

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:10 PM
oh here we go... not an answer you want from me...
"Lavey always seems to win everywhere they go", mmmm... what r u really sayin here.
as for your "stess crackin or delamination" comment... I am not sure why this has come out of your junk drawer either... Are we questioning quality?

Creator
10-14-2005, 09:19 PM
oh here we go... not an answer you want from me...
"Lavey always seems to win everywhere they go", mmmm... what r u really sayin here.
as for your "stess crackin or delamination" comment... I am not sure why this has come out of your junk drawer either... Are we questioning quality?
Read into it what you want. I don't care, I was just stating the facts. Being that the guy asked about the two manufacturers I think quality would come into play. Although you did butcher my previous post to get it to sound as though I was bagging on cobra so I really could care less about your comments at this point. Twist my words if you like or maybe just answer the question that I asked with out assuming there was some sort of hidden agenda. Sounds like I touched a sore subject.

LakeSnake
10-14-2005, 09:20 PM
It doesn't count if
1. Your friend doesn't exsit
2. He does exist but has 5 people in his boat and
you're alone because no one wants to ride with you.
3. He has a full Tank and you have 1/4 tank
4. He has a cruising prop and you have a performance/top
speed prop
5. Hmmm, how many variables could there be?
When you guys run the same prop, same fuel, same load then maybe you'll have something.
Oh BTY the 24 Lavey measures closer to 26 but you knew that right.
The 26 lavey measures 27 ft.
1. I'm not going put my friends boat name out of respect.
2. We both had 4 people. Just because Lavey owners can only pull the fat chicks is not my fault. :cry:
3. We both had full tanks with the same fuel. :yuk:
4. Same props and drives.
5. Not too many varibles. Plain and simple. A Cobra 260 is faster than the 26 NuEra as long as they have the same engine/drive and prop. :cool:

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:21 PM
How long has cobra boats been around? I think Lavey has been around for 50 years. Oh and by the way the 26 razor is not a true 26 it is more like a 24 so if you want to compare speed then compare the 24 Lavey not the 26. Also, I don't know how a boat maker that has only been around for a few years can sale their boat for the same price as another that has been around for many years.
Oh, because lavey has been around longer than you or I that makes them better?
I try not compare the boats against each other to be honest. I do have some friends that have the lavey 24 & 26 and I like em... Cobra has some things that I liked better...
bfab33 "Oh and by the way the 26 razor is not a true 26 it is more like a 24 so if you want to compare speed then compare the 24 Lavey not the 26."
Since you want to compare it to the 24 lavey I've blown em away! I was not going to mention it till you brought it up. By the way, just where do your facts of the 260 razor not being a real 26?
I am not on the boards to discredit someone's boat builder, but if you ask me why I like my cobra (s) I will let you know.

Creator
10-14-2005, 09:21 PM
2. We both had 4 people. Just because Lavey owners can only pull the fat chicks is not my fault. :cry:
5. Not too many varibles. Plain and simple. A Cobra 260 is faster than the 26 NuEra as long as they have the same engine/drive and prop. :cool:
Fair enough, although I would disagree about the fat chicks.
By the way Throttle, Incase you didn't understand I was not Implying that cobra is full of stress cracks or that it delaminates, I Just stated the Lavey Didn't.

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Read into it what you want. I don't care, I was just stating the facts. Being that the guy asked about the two manufacturers I think quality would come into play. Although you did butcher my previous post to get it to sound as though I was bagging on cobra so I really could care less about your comments at this point. Twist my words if you like or maybe just answer the question that I asked with out assuming there was some sort of hidden agenda. Sounds like I touched a sore subject.
dont waste my time :coffeycup

bfab33
10-14-2005, 09:27 PM
But the Cobra is not a 26 it more like a 24.5 the 26 NuEra is a ture 26 not including the step. And maybe your friends are ugly J/K

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:29 PM
I was not Implying that cobra is full of stress cracks or that it delaminates, I Just stated the Lavey Didn't.
no harm here, so lets just mark the record. stress cracks or a hull that delaminates is unheard of by cobra or lavey.

voodoomedman
10-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Someone said lavey only does traditional gels? I think NOT! :hammer2:
I think in fact Lavey destroys the molds when they are done with them so no one can ever get their hands on them.
And it was me that said about the traditional gels. I think it came out wrong. I typically see more traditional gels as far as the design but they seem to be executed flawlessly and you could get a little crazy if you wanted too. The Cobra gels are nice but most of the ones I see are tribal. Now if you really want your gel anyway your heart desires well.... Oh geez with all the people piping up about boats other than asked in the question I almost slip up and reccommend another manufacturer. :D

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:34 PM
But the Cobra is not a 26 it more like a 24.5 the 26 NuEra is a ture 26 not including the step. And maybe your friends are ugly J/K
where are these facts, cause I don't think so...
my friends and I are all ugly, what does that make you?

bfab33
10-14-2005, 09:42 PM
where are these facts, cause I don't think so...
my friends and I are all ugly, what does that make you?
When I was looking at boats I looked at both boats and took a tape measure. And I never said I wasn't ugly but, my mom says i'm not :yuk:

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:50 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0733.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0732.JPG

Throttle
10-14-2005, 09:52 PM
When I was looking at boats I looked at both boats and took a tape measure. And I never said I wasn't ugly but, my mom says i'm not :yuk:
and you measured from where to where? :idea:
as for the ugly... yeah, hahahahaha

bfab33
10-14-2005, 09:58 PM
and you measured from where to where? :idea:
as for the ugly... yeah, hahahahaha
From the front to the back before the step (water line). Go check

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 09:59 PM
I have burned thru so much popcorn lately, Can anyone spare some.....

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I have burned thru so much popcorn lately, Can anyone spare some.....
I just went out and bought a six pack.... lmao!

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:08 PM
From the front to the back before the step (water line). Go check
I was right, you too are wastin my time...
:devil:

Creator
10-14-2005, 10:16 PM
The cobra specs are like this:
Overall length: 26'4" Including swim step
Maximum beam: 102"
Approx. weight: 3,800 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 60 gal
Lavey
Overall / Centerline Length 27'
Beam 8' 6"”
Standard Fuel Capacity 80 Gallons
Approximate Hull Weight w/ Engine 4500 LBS
So we can conclude that it holds 20 more gallons of gas and to the guy that thinks they're equal when full would be mistaking by about 120lbs. Plus the lavey comes in at 700lbs heavier than the razor making the lavey a grand total of 820lbs heavier without passengers and load. Now that makes the razor power to weight ratio 9.78:1 with a full tank and the lavey 11.71:1 making the lavey 1.93lbs heavier per hp. No wonder the razor runs faster at top speed. However the lavey has a fully molded inerliner which most others don't offer and that does add some weight.

Jyruiz
10-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I like both manufacturers, I think they make some nice boats. I do think though that Cobras prices are too high for the amount of time they have been out. I remember when their 230 Razor came out 3 years ago, it started at 44K, not it starts at 53K. I think that is a lot for a company that has not been around that long.

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
The cobra specs are like this:
Overall length: 26'4" Including swim step
Maximum beam: 102"
Approx. weight: 3,800 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 60 gal
Lavey
Overall / Centerline Length 27'
Beam 8' 6"”
Standard Fuel Capacity 80 Gallons
Approximate Hull Weight w/ Engine 4500 LBS
So we can conclude that it holds 20 more gallons of gas and to the guy that thinks they're equal when full would be mistaking by about 120lbs. Plus the lavey comes in at 700lbs heavier than the razor making the lavey a grand total of 820lbs heavier without passengers and load. Now that makes the razor power to weight ratio 9.78:1 with a full tank and the lavey 11.71:1 making the lavey 1.93lbs heavier per hp. No wonder the razor runs faster at top speed. However the lavey has a fully molded inerliner which most others don't offer and that does add some weight.
I have 80 gallons of fuel.... nannny nannny, u r wrong... good homework though a B+.
fyi, you can get have a 60 gallon tank in the bottom of the boat (ski locker area) or side tanks 2x40= Eighty...

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:26 PM
does this increase my ratio? ahhhhhhhh I dink soooo :D
things just keep lookin better...

bfab33
10-14-2005, 10:28 PM
I was right, you too are wastin my time...
:devil:
Did you go measure?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2199Copy_of_IMG_0453.JPG

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=bfab33]Did you go measure?
[IMG]QUOTE]
mmmmmm, NO!

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:31 PM
buy the bfab.... dat is a nice lookin boat. :boxed:

Creator
10-14-2005, 10:31 PM
ok, 10.07:1 vs 11.71:1 still a good enough reason for the speed difference, 1.63lbs per hp.

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 10:33 PM
can someone pass me a beer , Im too lazy to push the button, I mean walk to the fridge....

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
ok, 10.07:1 vs 11.71:1 still a good enough reason for the speed difference, 1.63lbs per hp.
was there a real reason that we were looking for a difference? your effort is noted, may get you an A-? on tonights homework:idea:

bfab33
10-14-2005, 10:43 PM
buy the bfab.... dat is a nice lookin boat. :boxed:
My Wife liked the Cobra better when we were looking. Your boat is very nice looking too. I like the dash.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2199IMG_0022.JPG

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:45 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_1889.JPG
:argue:

C-2
10-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Come on guys….
Cobra vs. Lavey?
The frosh kid may be good, but not ready for Varsity! Maybe in a few years, time will tell.
;)

Creator
10-14-2005, 10:47 PM
The guy asked, someone noted that their Razor beat the Lavey. I'm in the composite industry and everything has to do with 3 things - Weight, Drag and downforce. Tonights discussion was on weight. Tomorrow we will cover the drag coefficient and as far as low drag downforce we'll leave that for a whole other topic. Strength comes in a distant 4th, HA HA HA.
:D :D :D

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Come on guys….
Cobra vs. Lavey?
The frosh kid may be good, but not ready for Varsity! Maybe in a few years, time will tell.
;)
:cry:

Creator
10-14-2005, 10:51 PM
My Wife liked the Cobra better when we were looking. Your boat is very nice looking too. I like the dash.
I Like This Dash, sure it's ours but I still like it with no Bias...
http://www.jumbocreations.com/lavey4.jpg

Throttle
10-14-2005, 10:55 PM
The guy asked, someone noted that their Razor beat the Lavey. I'm in the composite industry and everything has to do with 3 things - Weight, Drag and downforce. Tonights discussion was on weight. Tomorrow we will cover the drag coefficient and as far as low drag downforce we'll leave that for a whole other topic. Strength comes in a distant 4th, HA HA HA.
this is good shiat.... LMAO :D

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 10:58 PM
[/IMG]
:argue:
I see your two and raise you four
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC01425.JPG

bfab33
10-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm going to Havasu today so I'm going to bed goodnight all. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2199River_7-19-02_045.jpg

Throttle
10-14-2005, 11:04 PM
thats a good end to tonight... catcha L8r... :sleeping:

Kilrtoy
Yeah so am I Im leaving at 7 am,
so lets keep this very informitive spliting of inches going

Throttle
Havi on Sunday..... g nite.... :sleeping:

Throttle
10-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah so am I Im leaving at 7 am,
so lets keep this very informitive spliting of inches going
I dont have any more inches... I guess I am short.... faster too! :D

Creator
10-14-2005, 11:17 PM
There's always some one faster...

bfab33
10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm leaving at 7am all so.

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 11:22 PM
There's always some one faster...
And I learn that every time I go boating....

bfab33
10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
I couldn't help it. That's what all the girls say. :)

beach gomer
10-15-2005, 05:42 AM
This is great. Buy the way Lavey's are measured from the front to the bottom of the transom not to include the swim step.The 26' Lavey does tend to chin walk at speeds above 70 mph.It's not an Eddie Morrance bottom like the 24' 2750' 29' or the 32' He was the gure of V- bottoms.Thats the reason they do so well in the offshore series.If you rember back a few years ago lavey also won the world's with the 29' in the F1 class with Rick Heartman Can Cobra say that and?

Family4Day
10-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Had a few runs at work, went to bed and woke up to all this! Hey Dicudmore-no offense taken. We are glad we put the tabs on. I usually don't even run them down in Havasu. We have not had any chine walk with ours, but with the 2750-that's a whole 'nother story. Our 26 is built solid. Ours is a heavy boat. We have a sink, closed bow with the subs in the nose, the amps down below, all my kids crap, all my wifes crap, etc. As far as speed, we are right at 70(+/-)depending on how the water gods lets us run. We ran 70.2 going to Catalina and 68.7 in Havasu. The 26NuEra is NOT their fastest boat, but it is solid and will run thru anything. Comparing the 2750 and the 26 is like apples vs. oranges. The 2750 is the same boat as the F1-11. Before the 2750, Lavey used to run the 26 in F1 racing. I can not say for sure, but I bet the 26 was not close to running what the 2750 does today! The 26 is a big boat for a 26. Just over 27' in length, it has more freeboard than a 2750. It is a great family boat that is big enough to enjoy big blue and Havasu. As far as Cobra in the ocean, never seen one, but look forward to. The ocean is a great change over Havasu. We have had dolphins run 2x with us and my boys just go crazy.
Cobra's gel jobs are awesome as I said before. Lavey will get as crazy as you want as well. After seeing the pictures of I think Throttles Cobra, I do like the dash on our 26. The lavey is closed with a doorway(locking if you want). Our 21 had the open dash/foot area, and with our 26, I like the closed much better especially with the closed bow. I think both boats will not do you wrong. Hopefully all this information from these posts will make your decision even harder! Good luck.
Todd

Throttle
10-15-2005, 06:17 AM
This is great. Buy the way Lavey's are measured from the front to the bottom of the transom not to include the swim step.The 26' Lavey does tend to chin walk at speeds above 70 mph.It's not an Eddie Morrance bottom like the 24' 2750' 29' or the 32' He was the gure of V- bottoms.Thats the reason they do so well in the offshore series.If you rember back a few years ago lavey also won the world's with the 29' in the F1 class with Rick Heartman Can Cobra say that and?
the 24, 2750, 29 and 32 are not really what we began talkin bout. But most have tabs for a reason...mmmm
can cobra say they won... no.... duhhhhh, do they have an offshore boat? get outa here....

Throttle
10-15-2005, 06:22 AM
;)

cc322
10-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Tabs are a must on any v bottom boat imo Until you have had them you will not know what the differance is. If a boat manufacture says my boat's bottom dosent need them, maybe it dosent but with tabs you enhance the whole ride of the boat. I had them on my old boat and will be getting them this winter on my (24' true runnig bottom 25,2" overall LAVEY) :wink:

Flashover
10-15-2005, 06:35 AM
;)
Dammit your back, I was gonna try to throw in a plug for the Dana 27' offshore. But i guess i will just keep that to myself.... :crossx: :crossx:
SHHHHHHH !!!!

THOR
10-15-2005, 06:38 AM
runnin a 496ho in mine...
cobra 260 razor
How much does your boat weigh?

Flashover
10-15-2005, 06:43 AM
;)
It's only fair, Your the Cobra Pimp... :D So i am the D___! Pimp... :D
SHHHH !!!! Im trying to be quiet about it... :D

hotlavey
10-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Had a few runs at work, went to bed and woke up to all this! Hey Dicudmore-no offense taken. We are glad we put the tabs on. I usually don't even run them down in Havasu. We have not had any chine walk with ours, but with the 2750-that's a whole 'nother story. Our 26 is built solid. Ours is a heavy boat. We have a sink, closed bow with the subs in the nose, the amps down below, all my kids crap, all my wifes crap, etc. As far as speed, we are right at 70(+/-)depending on how the water gods lets us run. We ran 70.2 going to Catalina and 68.7 in Havasu. The 26NuEra is NOT their fastest boat, but it is solid and will run thru anything. Comparing the 2750 and the 26 is like apples vs. oranges. The 2750 is the same boat as the F1-11. Before the 2750, Lavey used to run the 26 in F1 racing. I can not say for sure, but I bet the 26 was not close to running what the 2750 does today! The 26 is a big boat for a 26. Just over 27' in length, it has more freeboard than a 2750. It is a great family boat that is big enough to enjoy big blue and Havasu. As far as Cobra in the ocean, never seen one, but look forward to. The ocean is a great change over Havasu. We have had dolphins run 2x with us and my boys just go crazy.
Cobra's gel jobs are awesome as I said before. Lavey will get as crazy as you want as well. After seeing the pictures of I think Throttles Cobra, I do like the dash on our 26. The lavey is closed with a doorway(locking if you want). Our 21 had the open dash/foot area, and with our 26, I like the closed much better especially with the closed bow. I think both boats will not do you wrong. Hopefully all this information from these posts will make your decision even harder! Good luck.
Todd
Actually Lavey raced the 29 offshore before they raced the 2750. The 26 was raced offshore before the 29(fyi)

Throttle
10-15-2005, 06:51 AM
How much does your boat weigh?
3800 and a bit of change...

THOR
10-15-2005, 07:03 AM
3800 and a bit of change...
That is very light and explains why you run 77 mph. Congrats. Those are some good numbers for a 26'er.

Throttle
10-15-2005, 07:15 AM
That is very light and explains why you run 77 mph. Congrats. Those are some good numbers for a 26'er.
the speed was not even a factor when I bought mine... Its funny how everyone goes down that road when comparing though, just gettin my .02 worth.
Quality and value originally brought me to Cobra. They have been very successful in a short time and I have been extremely pleased. :D

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Cobras look nice but I don't think I would even consider the Cobra if they were the same price. Lavey quality and re-sale is top notch. Lavey all the way.
Not sure where you got your info, but I would check NADA before you make a statement like that.

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 11:49 AM
I think Cobra is a really great boat ... but, not quite in the same league as the Lavey. With 50 years behind them, a lot of performance in competitive racing proving their designs, attention to detail and for basically for the same price is why I make this statement.
Who said the people at Cobra don't have the same amount of years behind them? Just because Cobra has only been around for a few years, it does not mean that they do not have years behind them.

Throttle
10-15-2005, 12:07 PM
here we go again... lunch time over... is everyone listening?
Since Hot Boat does not have a mag, hahaha, check this months powerboat mag...
Cobra... 260 Razor 496 HO.... 74.9mph
Dana... 27 offshore 496 HO.... 64.6mph :cry:
the 27 was not being asked about, but again my .02 worth...
Lavey... 26 NuEra has previous reviews that ran 71.1 and 72.3mph with a hp500... go figure... Thats a big upgraded motor, for what? nothin but lots of cash!
I said it before, why do these lavey's need tabs... I have been runnin my Cobra 260 razor since January in all different types of conditions 102hours to be exact... I am still in awe at the ride... as are the peeps that have ridden in it, the stability of this boat is awesome, without tabs... Again, some friends of mine have lavey's... they are nice boats but when performance comes up, you need to go back and have your cobra built!
Hard to pleeze, throttle... if I was not happy, I woulda found someone else to build me a boat, trust me!

cc322
10-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Cobra 26 Razor....
Overall length 26' 4"
Weight 3800 lbs
Bottom 22 degree
Lavey 26 Nu Era
Overall length 27'
Weight 4500 lbs
Bottom 24 degree
Do the Cobras have the Foam injected between the bottom and the floor? I know that Lavey and Howard has this in the boats, not sure who else does it. Really makes for a very solid ride. Just by looking at the specs I would have to say the Lavey seems a bit more stout.

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
:hammer2: here we go again... lunch time over... is everyone listening?
Lavey... 27 offshore 496 HO.... 64.6mph :cry:
Lavey... 26 NuEra has previous reviews that ran 71.1 and 72.3mph with a hp500... go figure... Thats a big upgraded motor, for what? nothin but lots of cash!
I said it before, why do these lavey's need tabs... I have been runnin my Cobra 260 razor since January in all different types of conditions 102hours to be exact... I am still in awe at the ride... as are the peeps that have ridden in it, the stability of this boat is awesome, without tabs... Again, some friends of mine have lavey's... they are nice boats but when performance comes up, you need to go back and have your cobra built!
Hard to pleeze, throttle... if I was not happy, I woulda found someone else to build me a boat, trust me!
Tell me about it! :hammer2: LOL Kidding T

hotlavey
10-15-2005, 12:35 PM
That's a bunch of you know what. A Hot Boat member on this board just sold his 2750 with a 496HO to another member here and that boat is consistantly in the 70mph range. Did Powerboat forget to pull the anchor? You ought to know better then that.

Creator
10-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I think those numbers are way off. Ask any 2750 owner with a 496 and they will tell you they run closer to 70 than 65. When tested with an hp500 the 2750 ran 75 on radar 74.4 on GPS on sticky water and 100+ temps. Using the 20hp per mph equation, the 496HO having 75hp less than the 500 that's a difference of nearly 4 mph. I think that put the lavey at 70. I don't know what powerboat did but those numbers are off by about 5 mph(on the Lavey).
Congrats that your boat runs in the mid 70's, that's impressive. However I believe your boat has a 22 degree bottom and the lavey has 24 which means more boat in the water and better for the soup.
I would like to see a cobra in ten years after it's had the test of time. All these people are crying about the long history of a company doesn't mean anything..BS. So the guys at cobra have experience, I hope so. The company is still new and has not been tested over time and YES that IS important. The longer a company is in business the more chance they have to find their faults and correct them. Lavey has had a great past and will obviously have a bright future. Only time will tell with Cobra, it's still too early in there operation to see what kind of product they really have.

jailbird141
10-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Less material means less weight? :confused:

cc322
10-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Less material means less weight? :confused:
Could mean more stress cracks as well :D :boxingguy

jailbird141
10-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Less material could also mean lower prices! :)

Creator
10-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Cobra 26 Razor....
Overall length 26' 4"
Weight 3800 lbs
Bottom 22 degree
Lavey 26 Nu Era
Overall length 27'
Weight 4500 lbs
Bottom 24 degree
Do the Cobras have the Foam injected between the bottom and the floor? I know that Lavey and Howard has this in the boats, not sure who else does it. Really makes for a very solid ride. Just by looking at the specs I would have to say the Lavey seems a bit more stout.
I posted this information yesterday yet it seemed to go unnoticed by some people. You forgot to mention the fully molded and glassed inerliner which really adds to the quality, feel and strength of the boat.
I guess if you own a cobra you HAVE to claim it's the best bang for the buck...I think it's in the contract. :mix:

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 01:02 PM
You guys are very passionate about your beliefs. I have to hand it to you. You guys keep bringing up the 2750 lavey. The guy wasn't asking about the 2750, he was asking about the 26 lavey compared to the 26 Cobra. is there a reason some people keep changing the conversation to the 2750? Like the porpousing problem the 26 Lavey has at 65 to 70? The real reason you need tabs on the Lavey? Cobra's 260 doesn't need them unlike the lavey that needs them to correct a design problem.
I don't like to slam anyones boats, but you guys are getting a bit touchy so i figured I would offer the truth up. I have driven every boat that Cobra makes, and ever boat that lavey makes and I will say that the Lavey Does NEED trim tabs and the Cobra does not.
$0.02

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
That's a bunch of you know what. A Hot Boat member on this board just sold his 2750 with a 496HO to another member here and that boat is consistantly in the 70mph range. Did Powerboat forget to pull the anchor? You ought to know better then that.
Than you need to talk to HB about it. That is what they printed and that is what is in this webpages test review area.

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I posted this information yesterday yet it seemed to go unnoticed by some people. You forgot to mention the fully molded and glassed inerliner which really adds to the quality, feel and strength of the boat.
I guess if you own a cobra you HAVE to claim it's the best bang for the buck...I think it's in the contract.
See Creator. you get a little touchy when people question your beloved Lavey. I believe that Lavey is a great boat. But I also believe that Cobra is building a boat that in 15 years will still be running the same, just as solid as they do now. You believe the same of Lavey and you and I both have the right to believe it. So just settle down, take a deep breath and know you did your best in selling the boat that you believe in. Oh, If you want me to tell you how to fix that porposing problem, let me know.

Creator
10-15-2005, 01:24 PM
See Creator. you get a little touchy when people question your beloved Lavey. I believe that Lavey is a great boat. But I also believe that Cobra is building a boat that in 15 years will still be running the same, just as solid as they do now. You believe the same of Lavey and you and I both have the right to believe it. So just settle down, take a deep breath and know you did your best in selling the boat that you believe in. Oh, If you want me to tell you how to fix that porposing problem, let me know.
I never got touchy...I state some facts and that means I'm touchy? Seems the only people here that are touchy are the cobra owners. Any time they are asked why we never see cobras in the ocean or racing all they can say is, "you don't really want me to answer that". Yes I do, I want to know. Their boats run faster with the 496ho and that seems to be the only thing they have over the lavey. If that's what people want than go buy the cobra, me I'll take the tried and true quality of the Lavey.
OK wrench, tell me what I'm doing wrong being that you're obviously the boat guru here.

jailbird141
10-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Will less material with only 22 degrees of Vee and a far less aggressive hull design fix the problem? Just wondering. :confused:

OGShocker
10-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Than you need to talk to HB about it. That is what they printed and that is what is in this webpages test review area.
Hey Snake',
Do you guys on the south side offer this? (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1606028&postcount=64)
:hammerhea
See you this weekend?

Creator
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
See Creator. you get a little touchy when people question your beloved Lavey.
By the way, We were considering selling the Lavey and buying a Howard so your "beloved" theory really doesn't work. See I'm not a Lavey is the best boat on the planet type of guy. Every boat has it's +'s and -'s and Lavey is no exception. However, that doesn't stop the Lavey from being a higher quality boat than the cobra.

LAVEYSABRE575
10-15-2005, 01:55 PM
"NICE" an owner slamming another local boat builder...

cc322
10-15-2005, 01:57 PM
We were considering selling the Lavey and buying a Howard :2purples:
Please dont leve the family..... No one will have your back like us Lavey boys :wink:

Creator
10-15-2005, 02:04 PM
We were considering selling the Lavey and buying a Howard :2purples:
Please dont leve the family..... No one will have your back like us Lavey boys :wink:
Nope We're staying with the Lavey...

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 02:08 PM
"NICE" an owner slamming another local boat builder...
Who's an owner of what?

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey Snake',
Do you guys on the south side offer this? (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1606028&postcount=64)
:hammerhea
See you this weekend?
Hey OG, Sorry bro, no go this weekend, but i will take you up on the Fridge offerings.

cc322
10-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Nope We're staying with the Lavey...
Smart man... :D

jdogginla
10-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Dammit your back, I was gonna try to throw in a plug for the Dana 27' offshore. But i guess i will just keep that to myself.... :crossx: :crossx:
SHHHHHHH !!!!
Why don't u throw in a plug for the new 30' ! How much longer til that thing is done!@$#^%

LAVEYSABRE575
10-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I was talking in terms of boat owners in general, but i can see were my post was vague snakewrench do you have any affiliation with cobra? I'm guessing you do,you should promote your product but don't say anything neg. about another builder it shows (FEAR). It doesnt matter if HB says something not pro to the builder when you say it, it sounds like a slam because of your affiliation...p.s. i like the look of cobras i never rode in one so thats all i can say....Derek

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Guys, the truth is that Cobra, although a new company, has as many years of experiance and builds a quality, well built, performance/family boat. So does Lavey. Cobra would love to spend the money to go race, but they would rather spend that money developing and building new boats and to continue building the good reputation that they already have.
Lavey has been a mark in the industry for years and I for one have had the pleasure of testing just about every boat out there. The Cobra, the Lavey and a few others are stand outs among the ones I have tested, But the Cobra people have IMO, done more to incorperate new and inovative things in the last few years. No one can deny that Cobra is not a strong builder, or the Powerboat awards wouldn't keep coming.
Not slamming lavey, because they are a well built boat, but this gentelman did not ask for a pissing contest. He asked for opinions.
Done

Creator
10-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Wrench, I'm Still waiting to be educated on how to stop the porpoising. You claim to have the answer so lay it down.

LAVEYSABRE575
10-15-2005, 02:34 PM
im guessing at the snakes answer (just buy a cobra no more porpoising)

Supultlbich
10-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Wow!!! This is one hell of a thread. I think the bottom line is this. Nobody wants to go out and spend $80,000 and here someone else say they could have done better. Its only natural as consumers to think that we all got the best deal and most bang for our bucks. We are all guilty (myself included) of pumping up our own rides and the builders for whatever reason. Maybe just good old fashioned loyalty I assume.
In the end these are all great boats and we are splitting hairs when it comes to any of these topics. I happen to own a Lavey and really like it. Throttle is a friend and coworker, and his boat is one a kind. Both are fantastic rides, from great builders, Period.
I guess what I am trying to say is that these comparisons are useless because it always becomes a turf battle.
Just my .02

Throttle
10-15-2005, 02:55 PM
A typo and I am sorry... Lavey... 27 offshore 496 HO.... 64.6mph :cry: this should have said Dana.

Chris Winn
10-15-2005, 03:05 PM
i have a 29 magic for sale,
here is the link, the boat is turn key and low hours!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92723
no sale tax in AZ on a pre-owned boat!

Throttle
10-15-2005, 03:07 PM
i have a 29 magic for sale,
here is the link, the boat is turn key and low hours!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92723
so you can buy a cobra too!

Throttle
10-15-2005, 03:13 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0343.JPG
:D

Chris Winn
10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
so you can buy a cobra too!
nah, i think i am going bigger, i see twins in my future.... ;)

Throttle
10-15-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0378.JPG
;)

Throttle
10-15-2005, 03:19 PM
nah, i think i am going bigger, i see twins in my future.... ;)
well, well, well... I am not the only one dreamin... skater!

Chris Winn
10-15-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0378.JPG
;)
good lookin boat, but i do prefer more deadrise for those chppoy days and for the big blue if used there.

beach gomer
10-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Would that be 77mph on a downhill with the wind behind you?

Chris Winn
10-15-2005, 03:39 PM
well, well, well... I am not the only one dreamin... skater!
skater would be nice, but i don't see spend that coin, if i go cat than i will do a Spectre, and if i go V than it will be a fountain i think.

Debbolas
10-15-2005, 03:46 PM
We are very happy with our Kachina.......they have a new drone that is very cool (batman windows) :wink: Force 26 bought one a while back.....
Kachina Boats (http://www.kachinaboats.com/)
Here is a pic from the dam run, Garys boat is on the right :wink:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Dam_Run_162.jpg

Man-de-lone
10-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Sorry Deb, they were talking about quality boats.... :hammerhea :wink:

Debbolas
10-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Sorry Deb, they were talking about quality boats.... :hammerhea :wink:
ha ha, your a funny guy! :notam:
No chicken legs for you next weekend! :D
(yah, I noticed other people offering other choices, so, ya know I had to voice MY opinion, just in case there is some eskimo somewhere, that DOESN'T KNOW what kind of boats I like) :hammerhea

Jordy
10-15-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/fsakes.gif

Throttle
10-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Would that be 77mph on a downhill with the wind behind you?
Cobra 260 razor, 76.9 gps on elsinore a week ago with santa ana winds blowin...speedo read 78... no walkin either! I was not alone! now get outa here...

cc322
10-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Someone make it stop :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :)

Creator
10-15-2005, 04:33 PM
So no responce from wrench about how to solve the porpoise issue. Hmmm, another I know more than you guy that really knows nothing about it.
Throttle, we all know what cobras look like. You can stop spaming pictures of them. Beside I thought you said their gels looked good? ;)
BTY I know a few Kachina owners that say they would NEVER buy another Kachina...One of the only companies with that kind of feed back. :hammer2:

Debbolas
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
BTY I know a few Kachina owners that say they would NEVER buy another Kachina...One of the only companies with that kind of feed back. :hammer2:
RIGHT, no one ever says that about ANY other boat manufacturer, just keep telling yourself that, and you will feel all better.....whatever :rolleyes:
So, did I miss the memo, which state everyone could voice their boat preference in this thread except me? ;)

Creator
10-15-2005, 04:44 PM
RIGHT, no one ever says that about ANY other boat manufacturer, just keep telling yourself that, and you will feel all better.....whatever :rolleyes:
So, did I miss the memo, which state everyone could voice their boat preference in this thread except me? ;)
OH ouch....EASY...
Read the quote and you'll see the words ONE OF THE ONLY....meaning NOT the only.... and yes voice it but don't be so freakin offended when someone comments on it. We all know that Kachina is not a top quality boat. If you like it great but that does not put it in the same class as a Lavey, Howard, Cobra etc...

Debbolas
10-15-2005, 04:57 PM
OH ouch....EASY...
Read the quote and you'll see the words ONE OF THE ONLY....meaning NOT the only.... and yes voice it but don't be so freakin offended when someone comments on it. We all know that Kachina is not a top quality boat. If you like it great but that does not put it in the same class as a Lavey, Howard, Cobra etc...
In your opinion, it's not a top quality boat. I would put it in the same class as Cobra, Lavey, Essex, but not Howard, DGB or Hallett.
Vague comments, like "we all know" and "one of the only boats that some owners say they wouldn't buy again" it's all bullshit.
I didn't suggest Kachina to defend it against it's competators, I suggested KACHINA because we like our boat.
I wasn't going to because he listed only two boat manufacturers, but then I noticed other people offering their favorite brands.
It's the SANDBAR, if you don't like reading something, don't read it. But I will continue to voice my opinion.

Creator
10-15-2005, 05:10 PM
In your opinion, it's not a top quality boat. I would put it in the same class as Cobra, Lavey, Essex, but not Howard, DGB or Hallett.
Vague comments, like "we all know" and "one of the only boats that some owners say they wouldn't buy again" it's all bullshit.
It's the SANDBAR, if you don't like reading something, don't read it. But I will continue to voice my opinion.
I never told you not to voice your opinion. The only person spewing BS here is you. Sounds like you don't like reading the post so maybe you should take your own advice and stop looking.
The fact that you would group Hallett, Howard, DCB in the same group and leave Lavey in a lower class of boat shows how much you Don't know.
Yes there are different levels of quality and I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that has knowledge of the boating industry that would put lavey in the middle... They are a top quality boat, fit and finish above the rest.
I'm glad you like your boat and you are more than welcome to voice that but don't be surprised if people disagree with you.
Just out of curiousity, how many boats have you owned and by who?

SnakeWrench
10-15-2005, 05:11 PM
So no responce from wrench about how to solve the porpoise issue. Hmmm, another I know more than you guy that really knows nothing about it.
Throttle, we all know what cobras look like. You can stop spaming pictures of them. Beside I thought you said their gels looked good? ;)
I got you to admit it has a porpoise issue didn't I?

Creator
10-15-2005, 05:12 PM
No, I have always claimed that. That's no big secret. The truth is I can drop the tabs a bit and drive as smooth as silk in fresh water and they don't porpoise in the ocean where they were designed to run.

hotlavey
10-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Snake, check you PM"s

FASTERDAMITT
10-15-2005, 06:59 PM
So, how much are these 26'ers?

hotlavey
10-15-2005, 07:51 PM
76.9 gps on elsinore a week ago with santa ana winds blowin...speedo read 78... no walkin either! I was not alone! now get outa here...
Here's a quote from Offshore only:
When I was an APBA Tech inspectorLavey was racing in F1. I remember doing the inspections on the F1-11 boat and though to myself that this is one heck of a well built boat. They look cool too! The hull sides and all gel work was extremly straight and the boat felt very sturdy.

DaveTic
10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I have a Lavey 26, solved the porpoise problem w/Merc Maximus 5 blade 15X30. My boat will porpoise with a bravo 1 prop.

voodoomedman
10-16-2005, 06:57 AM
At the risk of getting flamed.............
Can I ask a question seriously????? How come Deb is the only one getting ripped apart here. I understand that it is annoying seeing all the shameless plugs for other manufacturers when the discussion is about about Cobra and Lavey. I'm not saying that Kachina spam is allright in this thread but there are at least a dozen Dana plugs and people talk about Howard and everything else. I have made a few sarcastic remarks about that in here because I can think of a certain manufacturer I would like to throw a plug for and maybe even some other ones to check out but that's not the discussion here. So I totally get it. My thing is that Deb wasn't the only one but she gets picked on where it seems that people think it's allright for the Dana guys to do it. Also why do you have to call her old a$$ and stuff like that. This particular trait may be annoying and I agree that it is but I have met Deb in person as well as her family and she is a sweetheart and has a nice family. Please don't kill me for this I am asking this seriously and not trying to attack you. Just wondering.
HOLY SHIT!!! I'm not the only one who has seen the light? I feel better knowing that other people other than Deb-old-ass (who continues to ignore the signs), realize that there are different levels of boats. Yeah, you go with what your comfort level is, but at the same time, you HAVE to realize that when people ask about boats higher up on the chain, that they DON'T care about KAJUNKA!!!! ;)
C'mon now, right behind Kachina of course. Who are you trying to kid??? Kachina is my first choice for offshore applications, right behind tan fiberglass without wizards on it. ;)
How can you disagree? Kachina Offshore Racing is the ticket. Especially with Old Navy's, I mean Kachina's lead cheerleader Deb-old-ass at the helm. :D :D :D
I heard a rumor the last one was tan fiberglass. But don't quote me boy, cause I ain't saying shit. :D
p.s. I'm sorry to the people that I know, and hang out with, with Kachina's boats, but I'm sick to fukking death of the Old Navy cheerleader, I mean deboldass, and every thread, no matter the maker, being spammed with the kachina bullshit. Once upon a time I did a search and found 70 such threads that were hijacked with Louie spam, that started off with topics such as: How about the new Howard Bullet and then ended up with Kachina spam, including pics. I can understand being true to your school, but for fukk sakes, give it a rest every now and then. :notam:
p.s.s. Then again, what do I know, I don't even have a boat, nor have I ever owned one. I just act like I do, like MMD, on the internet. I'm still shopping. :notam:

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:08 AM
At the risk of getting flamed.............
Can I ask a question seriously????? How come Deb is the only one getting ripped apart here. I understand that it is annoying seeing all the shameless plugs for other manufacturers when the discussion is about about Cobra and Lavey. I'm not saying that Kachina spam is allright in this thread but there are at least a dozen Dana plugs and people talk about Howard and everything else. I have made a few sarcastic remarks about that in here because I can think of a certain manufacturer I would like to throw a plug for and maybe even some other ones to check out but that's not the discussion here. So I totally get it. My thing is that Deb wasn't the only one but she gets picked on where it seems that people think it's allright for the Dana guys to do it. Also why do you have to call her old a$$ and stuff like that. This particular trait may be annoying and I agree that it is but I have met Deb in person as well as her family and she is a sweetheart and has a nice family. Please don't kill me for this I am asking this seriously and not trying to attack you. Just wondering.
Makes ya wonder sometimes doesn't it :D

hotlavey
10-16-2005, 07:14 AM
I have a Lavey 26, solved the porpoise problem w/Merc Maximus 5 blade 15X30. My boat will porpoise with a bravo 1 prop.
What speeds are you running and what's the power on your boat? How bad was your problem prior to changing props? You can PM me with all the info so we don't take up space here. Thanks for chiming in, appreciate the info. Check your PM's.
Tom

voodoomedman
10-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Makes ya wonder sometimes doesn't it :D
:)

RiverToysJas
10-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Well I'm not here to flame anyone, just want to point out that I have never seen a Cobra or an Essex with a parque transom like my Lavey has.....
http://rivertoys.com/stereo/images/install2.jpg
Usually you see all paint or (the one I hate the most)....paint splatter!!! :(
RTJas :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Well I'm not here to flame anyone...
Can anyone actually say the word "Lavey" without "flames" in the same sentence?

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Well I'm not here to flame anyone, just want to point out that I have never seen a Cobra or an Essex with a parque transom like my Lavey has.....
http://rivertoys.com/stereo/images/install2.jpg
Usually you see all paint or (the one I hate the most)....paint splatter!!! :(
Like I said.............I'm not a boat expert, I teach kids to read.
Parque transom, that is cool :D

RiverToysJas
10-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Can anyone actually say the word "Lavey" without "flames" in the same sentence?
I said that just for you HH, you are so predictable!!! :boxed: :p

Jordy
10-16-2005, 08:03 AM
How come Deb is the only one getting ripped apart here.
I deleted my post because it's not even worth it. It's expected that anytime anyone asks anything about any boat that the Kachina cheerleader will show up. She doesn't get it and never will. Sorry for interrupting the program. :rolleyes:
On an unrelated note, I do like the new 40' Skaters... but how about those Kachinas? :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 08:05 AM
I said that just for you HH, you are so predictable!!! :boxed: :p
"Predictable" is my middle name.

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:27 AM
cmon HH how come u didnt chime in about the quality on the cafe cigs? what other boat has a dsiplacement equal to a battleship ?? hehehe :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 08:40 AM
cmon HH how come u didnt chime in about the quality on the cafe cigs?
In case you haven't figured it out, yet...I don't get into this "my toys are better than yours" crap. :sleeping:
And don't get me started this morning, Charley....I bet I've had more coffee than you! :supp:

beach gomer
10-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Like I said 76.9 on GPS down hill with the wind behind you.Just to let you know 1999 24' lavey with a 500Hp 81.5 another 24'Lavey 2003 with a 500EFI 82.8.All on GPS.Both boats close to the same size as the Cobra.

No Name
10-16-2005, 05:47 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/fsakes.gif
I got it now.

voodoomedman
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM
I deleted my post because it's not even worth it. It's expected that anytime anyone asks anything about any boat that the Kachina cheerleader will show up. She doesn't get it and never will. Sorry for interrupting the program. :rolleyes:
On an unrelated note, I do like the new 40' Skaters... but how about those Kachinas? :notam:
Drives me nuts too. But my point was...... One Kowchina plug and go back and count how many freakin Dana plugs are in this thread!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
10-16-2005, 10:24 PM
One Kowchina plug and go back and count how many freakin Dana plugs are in this thread!!!!!!!!!
Count how many that have been thrown out by one person in particular. I tried to be subtle about it, hoping they might get it, as EVERY thread that has ever popped up about ANY kind of boat has suffered, but apparently my stubtley was over looked. Apparently me being blatently honest and to the point of over bearing was over looked. Thank God you don't have to pass a test to own a boat. :notam:
p.s. as promised, I should have some good pics of the boat that I don't own sitting on the beach next to one of the prettiest Kachinas that I've seen, not to mention pics of my YMCA impression at the helm. I figure that's what you have to know to own one, I may as well try now. ;)

BadKachina
10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
How's your drive holding up with the Maximus? I heard they were brutal on Bravo drives, so bad that now Mercury is cutting them down from 15 1/2 to 15 and charging another 6 hundred to do it for you. :rolleyes: What kind of drive are you running?

BadKachina
10-17-2005, 06:57 PM
BTW I don't know much about either one of these boats, why don't you go look for yourself, compare the options and price and see which one you are more comfortable with. I think for your purposes either boat should work fine for you. Doesn't sound like there any any quality issues with either boat. If you plan on racing it I guess I would go with the Lavey since they seem to be the only west coust builder that is making a legitmate name for themselves on the race circuit. I wish more of the builders would invest in racing, it's good for the sport and good for the consumers. Would motorcross bikes be as developed and good out of the box if the manufactuers didn't race them?
One more piece of advice on your boat purchase. Buy more motor than you can afford. If you buy a 496 ho, next year you'll want a 525, if you buy a 525 you'll wish you had a 600 sc or 625 Illmor. Dig a little deeper and in the long run you'll be that much more satisfied.

Outnumbered
10-17-2005, 09:28 PM
MY DAD CAN KICK YOUR DAD'S ASS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hotlavey
10-18-2005, 08:28 AM
BTW I don't know much about either one of these boats, why don't you go look for yourself, compare the options and price and see which one you are more comfortable with. I think for your purposes either boat should work fine for you. Doesn't sound like there any any quality issues with either boat. If you plan on racing it I guess I would go with the Lavey since they seem to be the only west coust builder that is making a legitmate name for themselves on the race circuit. I wish more of the builders would invest in racing, it's good for the sport and good for the consumers. Would motorcross bikes be as developed and good out of the box if the manufactuers didn't race them?
One more piece of advice on your boat purchase. Buy more motor than you can afford. If you buy a 496 ho, next year you'll want a 525, if you buy a 525 you'll wish you had a 600 sc or 625 Illmor. Dig a little deeper and in the long run you'll be that much more satisfied.
I believe the main reasons that most of the manufacturers do not race off-shore are the costs involved and the quality demanded of those boats. Even Eliminator has had some delamination problems racing off-shore.

Throttle
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Like I said 76.9 on GPS down hill with the wind behind you.Just to let you know 1999 24' lavey with a 500Hp 81.5 another 24'Lavey 2003 with a 500EFI 82.8.All on GPS.Both boats close to the same size as the Cobra.
the key here is a 500hp... upgrade $$$... for what, a couple of miles per hour... shiat I could add some headers to my 496 HO and pick up that kind of speed and still have $$ left over to buy lunch for everyone here... Both boats are not even close to the same size...
How about it, how much was that 500hp and 500efi upgrade?

Creator
10-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Keep in mind you also get the upgraded drive when you go to the HP500. Not that it makes it worth it for all but for some I'm sure.

Ultrafied
10-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Dah ... if nobody has noticed by now, the original poster who asked the question, has not posted anything in this thread since page 1. :yuk:

BadKachina
10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
If the manufacturers are still offering the 500hp they can't have many left. They only make the 525 now and it comes with the XR drive. The only compay making headers for the 496 is CMI and they run about 4000k or better and wont work with silent choice. The 496ho is 425 hp, with the headers who knows, maybe another 40 or 50 hp? Thats pretty expensive and won't help your resale like going to a blue motor will. The 525's are reported to be about 540+ hp on the dyno as opposed to the 475 hp that the 500 hp was.

ChumpChange
01-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Dah ... if nobody has noticed by now, the original poster who asked the question, has not posted anything in this thread since page 1. :yuk:
What a fun thread to read. Took a while.
So what kind of boat did he buy?

eman1625
01-18-2006, 02:22 PM
we went with the Cobra. 496ho. Just had it out for the maiden voyage two weeks ago. Very happy with the way it turned out. I'll post some pics tonight. Thanks to everyone for their oppinions!

Throttle
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
we went with the Cobra. 496ho. Just had it out for the maiden voyage two weeks ago. Very happy with the way it turned out. I'll post some pics tonight. Thanks to everyone for their oppinions!
way to go e.... show us 4play!

firebadge
01-18-2006, 03:23 PM
you made the right choice. lavey cab is a bit smaller. feels narrow.

eman1625
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
you made the right choice. lavey cab is a bit smaller. feels narrow.Ya that is exactly what we thought when comparing the two. I know Lavey makes a great boat but the Cobra just seemed to have more room.

dicudmore
01-18-2006, 03:43 PM
congrats on the new ride :D

voodoomedman
01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Ya that is exactly what we thought when comparing the two. I know Lavey makes a great boat but the Cobra just seemed to have more room.
Congrats! You have to do what is right for you. Personally, I do think that the quality of Lavey's are better but........ The design as far as pleasing the eye and roominess and creature comforts are far outshined by other manufacturers. But... We all have our opinions and we need to do what's right for us and our family at the end of the day.

SnakeWrench
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Congrats! You have to do what is right for you. Personally, I do think that the quality of Lavey's are better but........ The design as far as pleasing the eye and roominess and creature comforts are far outshined by other manufacturers. But... We all have our opinions and we need to do what's right for us and our family at the end of the day.
Voodoo, do me a favor and swing by the Cobra booth at the boat show. I'd like to meet you. I'll be there everyday. Hope to see you there.

OGShocker
01-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Voodoo, do me a favor and swing by the Cobra booth at the boat show. I'd like to meet you. I'll be there everyday. Hope to see you there.
Stay away VooDoo! It's a cleaver rouse just so he can kick you in the JUNK...:D

SnakeWrench
01-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Come on OG, You know I would only do that to you. LOL Seriously Voodoo. I won't kick you in the junk. I just want to meet you, that's all. Beside, How can I sell you a boat if I kick you? Kidding, Come by and I'll tell you where OG is hiding the cooler.

SnakeWrench
01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
By the way, Congrats on the 260 E. Its a beautiful boat and you guys are gonna love it

OGShocker
01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Come on OG, You know I would only do that to you. LOL Seriously Voodoo. I won't kick you in the junk. I just want to meet you, that's all. Beside, How can I sell you a boat if I kick you? Kidding, Come by and I'll tell you where OG is hiding the cooler.
Hey man, ask Jeff if you can go "slumming" in the dungeon on the weekends. Dana's Bar and Grill will be open.

Throttle
01-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey man, ask Jeff if you can go "slumming" in the dungeon on the weekends. Dana's Bar and Grill will be open.
i wanna come too!

dicudmore
01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
looks like I'll have to visit the Cobra booth this year :D

Throttle
01-18-2006, 09:48 PM
looks like I'll have to visit the Cobra booth this year :D
be sure and introduce yourself dan...

OGShocker
01-18-2006, 09:48 PM
i wanna come too!
OK, but you're in charge of SW!

dicudmore
01-18-2006, 09:49 PM
be sure and introduce yourself dan...
you guys wear name tags with your hot boat names??

OGShocker
01-18-2006, 09:54 PM
I would but, I think "SHOCKER" might scare the ladies..... :crossx:

Throttle
01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
OK, but you're in charge of SW!
i can manage that...

dicudmore
01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
I would but, I think "SHOCKER" might scare the ladies..... :crossx:
yeah but you I know who I'm looking for sir :cool:

Throttle
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM
uhh.... no... mmmm....

Beer-30
01-19-2006, 08:43 AM
When are you going? (all)
We were planning on the first Saturday, but ends up we will be going on the last Saturday - before SuperBowl.
Friends need to load up on stuff for Tremor Therapy and we all need to look at the new stuff and say Hi to Keith. We will be there all day.

eman1625
01-19-2006, 09:52 AM
By the way, Congrats on the 260 E. Its a beautiful boat and you guys are gonna love it
Thanks! Cobra did a great job and we are very happy!

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 09:54 AM
When are you going? (all)
We were planning on the first Saturday, but ends up we will be going on the last Saturday - before SuperBowl.
Friends need to load up on stuff for Tremor Therapy and we all need to look at the new stuff and say Hi to Keith. We will be there all day.
I think we're going the 28th

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks! Cobra did a great job and we are very happy!
That right there is the bottom line :cool:
Where are the pics?? :D

Parker Dreamin
01-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Post some pics of your new Cobra bro.....
we love our 26 Razor.......

eman1625
01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Post some pics of your new Cobra bro.....
we love our 26 Razor.......
alright hope this works...trying to figure out how to get the pics on here.

firebadge
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
nice boat

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 03:27 PM
very nice!!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10627
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10628
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10629

Beer-30
01-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I think we're going the 28th

Throttle
01-19-2006, 08:16 PM
move in... 27th...
be there all day 28, 29, 31, 3, 4, 5 (1/2)
movin out 6th...
be sure to come say hello... snakewrench performs hourly :cool:

SnakeWrench
01-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Well. They won't give me the brass pole I asked for, but I am however trying to talk Charmer into hanging out on Sat for a while. :rollside:
I just hope Throttle will keep his hands off her this time. lol

SnakeWrench
01-19-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll be there every day

voodoomedman
01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Actually, my brother probably sells you all your tools. He is a Snap-On dealer and Cobra is one of his shops. So if I don't get to see you at the show you can just kick him in the junk and tell him it's from me. What's your name? I'll stop by if I get to the show. Can't sell me a boat though I love my Ultra. Don't beat me up though. I really like alot of the stuff Cobra has been doing lately. I didn't say Cobra was bad quality just that I thought that Lavey has a better rep for higher quality. Basically as far as the west coast goes most people will say that the kool-aid boats are the best. That doesn't mean that the rest suck just that they don't have kool-aid in the fuel lines. Actually, I'll be honest. When I was looking at boats my biggest factor was the interior layout and the standard amenities included and at what price. We were looking at Cobra's at the 04 boat show. The 23 was too small for me and the 26 was too much dough. Secondly was customer service and reputation. I am not all the thrilled with Jeff Bahn's past. That's not to say that he isn't doing great things now but it does make me wary. I've had a couple of warranty items fixed on my Ultra but I have had nothing but honest dealings with anybody there and albeit maybe a little naive but I trust them with my stuff anytime. Those guys take care of every customer and that goes a long way with me.