PDA

View Full Version : 241 and the CHP?

mxbundy
10-14-2005, 10:37 AM
What gives with these assholes setting up speed traps on the 241 all the time? :mad:
Could it be that the Exspresslanes pay them overtime to patrol?
Yes that is exactly it! :mad:
This really chaps my hide everytime that I see these guys with someone pulled over. You can speed on anyother freeway with almost no fear of getting stoped. Hell I am sick and tired of all the speedracer types too and the people who ride your ass thinking that they have the right to go 90+ everywhere too, but why only target the one freeway unless it is a way to get an extra few hours on the end of your shift.
I say set some real world speedlimits and enforce them, but do not pay for that room addition or new boat on the toll road users back.
bundy

Mrs.HLB1
10-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Are you having a tough morning already? :wink:

mxbundy
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Not today yesterday,
Was stuck up in that sigalert at Greenriver, the 241 was stopped about a mile before the toll plaza.
Took about 3 hours to get home from Irvine yesterday. :crossx:
I travel the freeway all the time, I have never been stoped ( nock on wood ),
But I see what they are up to all the time.
bundy

HocusPocus
10-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Hell I am sick and tired of all the speedracer types too and the people who ride your ass thinking that they have the right to go 90+ everywhere
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
-George Carlin

HM
10-14-2005, 11:38 AM
I have been pulled over twice on the 241. Both times radared at 95+. Both times got warnings. :D
Both times, I pulled over before they even made a persuit. When they asked me why I pulled over, I said I knew I was flying and I wasn't going to make them chase me. They thought that was funny, and let me go.

Mrs.HLB1
10-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Not today yesterday,
Was stuck up in that sigalert at Greenriver, the 241 was stopped about a mile before the toll plaza.
Took about 3 hours to get home from Irvine yesterday. :crossx:
I travel the freeway all the time, I have never been stoped ( nock on wood ),
But I see what they are up to all the time.
bundy
Yeah I got stuck in it also. Took me 1 1/2 hr to get from work off of Weir Canyon to Green River. Then flew home after green river. I didn't even see the accident. I was so mad!!!

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I see it every day also (4 times a day infact). I don't usually see any enforcement on the 91. Personally I just think that they art so overwelmed with 'violaters' on the 91 that they just say "f*ck it" and do nothing. How many times do you see trailers in the fastrac, everything from big trucks (seldom) to boats, seadoos, u-hauls, etc., and they never get stopped. How bout the f*ckin 'ricers' in an out of traffic at 90 mph? Why do they think people have such contempt for the CHP?
Just a question for any CHP members on the board- Why are the officers in the 'basin' worthless as tits on a bull when it comes to the blatant violaters, while the officers that run the desert areas (10, 15, 40, 395, etc) appear to be more apt to put a stop to the lane changers, racers, f*cktards, etc?
Rio
There is a reason they work in the desert, they are not ready for society.....
I hate that too, Nothing pisses me off more than cops giving law violators tickets, The nerve of them.....

Sleek-Jet
10-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Cops are lazy... it takes to much effort to set someone up that's not breaking the law. So they go after the easy fish and just stop the people that are speeding. :notam: :D

OGShocker
10-14-2005, 01:31 PM
What gives with these assholes setting up speed traps on the 241 all the time? :mad:
Could it be that the Exspresslanes pay them overtime to patrol?
Yes that is exactly it! :mad:
This really chaps my hide everytime that I see these guys with someone pulled over. You can speed on anyother freeway with almost no fear of getting stoped. Hell I am sick and tired of all the speedracer types too and the people who ride your ass thinking that they have the right to go 90+ everywhere too, but why only target the one freeway unless it is a way to get an extra few hours on the end of your shift.
I say set some real world speedlimits and enforce them, but do not pay for that room addition or new boat on the toll road users back.
bundy
Hey Kilr! Somethin' tells me this guys voting Yes on 75! :hammerhea Relax I'm just messin' :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-14-2005, 01:51 PM
ALSO, why do we have to pay bucu bucks for the CHP to 'waste' an on-duty officer to babysit the caltrans workers in a construction zone when a $7.00 an hour homeless could sit in a car with flashing lights just as well and be just as effective, freeing up the genuine officer to pursue traffic violaters?
Be glad it is only one or two officers. I was in Rhode Island last week for business and they had some construction going on. Each Rhode Island Department of Transportation vehiclethat was out there had a Rhode Island State Police or local Police vehicle right behind it with lgihts flashing. I counted 10 work trucks and 10 patrol cars and officers on one 1 mile stretch of road. Talk about a waste of money.

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Kilr ? Aahh, are we confused here? I'm all for ticketing the assh*les. Infact if they need some help I'm more than willing to put the road trash in the ditch til they have time to write them. It'd be my pleasure, trust me.
I'm just inclined to believe that the city based CHP feel so overwelmed with assh*les that they don't feel like spending their entire shift hanging paper when they could be at the bagle shop.( that was an attempt at humor for the short bus riders amoung us).
ALSO, why do we have to pay bucu bucks for the CHP to 'waste' an on-duty officer to babysit the caltrans workers in a construction zone when a $7.00 an hour homeless could sit in a car with flashing lights just as well and be just as effective, freeing up the genuine officer to pursue traffic violaters?
JFYI, don't misconstue my post to mean that I'm 'down' on the CHP officers themselves because that is not the case. I am entirely 'down' on the management level of the CHP as they seem to have the attitude that they are God's answer to all issues with traffic in the state of confusion. (slimifornia).
Let's not take my opinion for anything- let's get the opinion of an expert- someone call the drunk that was just promoted to head the SoCal div and we'll ask him- if he's sober that is. He can probably give us all some tips about fixing drunk tickets too.
Rio
IM SORRY, I copied the wrong post, I meant copy the Thread Starters post NOT YOURS....
And by the way I really like bagels.....

mxbundy
10-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Kilr,
Your not getting the jest of my post!
What I want is for the CHP to inforce the traffic laws everywhere, not where they are making overtime to do it.
I live in Corona and travel all over for my job and therefore travel all the freeways from here to Scaramento. I am fed up with everyone driving like maniacs. Now I am not saying that I dont speed because I do, but I am fed up with people driving 10 t0 20 mph faster than the flow of traffic, forcing their way through by going from the fast lane to the slow and back again to get around everyone. I just an fed up with all this traffic in general!
And another thing that chaps my hide is this clickit or ticket BS add campaign that I here on all the radio stations.
How come you dont hear the speed and drive recklessly and get a ticket commercials.
The bottom line is that they patrol the toll lanes a hell of alot more than anywhere else. AND THER IS A REASON FOR IT!
bundy

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
CHP
RANCHO CUCAMONGA (855)
9530 Pittsburg Ave.
Rancho Cucamonga 91730-6014
909-980-3994
im sure they would love to here your complaint, because I dont know the answer....
I have a question for you
Why does W.Hollywood have the largest patrol fleet yet the are the smallest sheriff station of all the sheriff geographic area's?
Answer!
Because they pay for it......
Yep they have at any time 30 deps on the street compared to , lets say,
Compton , who has 4 deps...
Go figure.....you get what you pay for....
Of course this is my guess only

IN2MX
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Or, the LA SCHOOL POLICE having motors....Because the city school district pays for it!!! :D :D

77charger
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
probably cause low traffic and higher speeds.I drive it often know the chps are there so i stay at 70 or under never had a problem.
I know they hide and radar vs a fwy where you can see them coming up so i will go faster on the fwy.