PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Siberian Orchestra

HocusPocus
10-16-2005, 08:23 AM
looks like they will be at the pond in december, i was wondering if anyone has seen them before? for anyone who don't know who they are you should check'em out.. they do some amazing and powerful music. :)
http://www.trans-siberian.com

Essexive G's
10-16-2005, 08:51 AM
From the web site I get the impression that it's Mannheim Steamroller on acid! :eek:

HocusPocus
10-16-2005, 08:56 AM
if you have a program to download music.. get some of their stuff and turn it up loud! its a cool combination of classical and metal, it has to be amazing to see and hear them live

Dribble
10-16-2005, 09:04 AM
From the web site I get the impression that it's Mannheim Steamroller on acid! :eek:
Good analogy. Actually they used to be a hard rock band.

NoCal NoBoat
10-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a side project of a metal band called Savatage,
though I'd be willing to bet, at this point, that TSO has sold more CD's and DVD's around the holidays than Savatage has sold...
I first saw them on a PBS special at holiday time, and I, too, was blown away.
I sprung for the box set last season, so I'm ready to go come November.
For an introduction, I'd suggest my favorite CD, Christmas Eve and Other Stories, and my favorite track, A Star to Follow...
[I]Christmas, we are your children, You take us back when ever we call,
Each year, we are here waiting, Anticipating, As the snow starts to fall...

FMluvswater
10-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Well I just listened to "Remember" on the website and I'm definitely interested in hearing more. Thank-you for the song title recommend, NoCal NoBoat. Gonna K-lite for it. :cool:

FMluvswater
10-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Well I have listened to the entire Christmas Eve And Other Stories. I like it very much. :cool: I've a few favorites "First Snow", "Mad Russian's Christmas", "Christmas Eve In Sarajevo", "Promises To Keep" and "This Christmas Day".
Thank-you again for mentioning this group. :smile: I'd love to hear them at an open air concert - that would be phenomenal. :idea: