PDA

View Full Version : Angels umpire controversy AGAIN

essexjet
10-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Is the third base umpires asleep during this series? Clearly Finely hit the glove. Damn :eat:

slink
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Angels fan here, but I think we're done. First ball swinging on every at bat, Figgins couldn't hit out of a wet paper bag right know, Vlady swinging at everything that is within John Wayne airport's landing zone and no calls going our way. Better get their shiat together and soon

essexjet
10-16-2005, 05:25 PM
What happened? I was cutting some lumber. :D
Finely hit the catchers glove swinging and was thrown out on a double play. Clearly interference, should have been bases loaded with one out.

essexjet
10-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Did they miss the contact or rule that Finley made an effort to interfere with the catcher? I'm assuming this was a strikeout/throwout double play?
Didnt see it (umps that is) and resulted in a slow roller to second to double. Also they were on first and third with one out.

essexjet
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Holy Crap another bad call. He was thrown out.

duffster
10-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Another bad call

essexjet
10-16-2005, 06:20 PM
It's getting kind of old. Baseball is full of "bad" calls. I guarantee you, White Sox fans think these calls are excellent. Winners find a way to win, quitters make excuses.
Agree that sports in general have alot of bad calls. But when you see so many from on group of officals during a series make you think that they need to be rotated.

essexjet
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM
For all the non hardcore baseball fans, the problem with baseball, is the uneven application of the rules. That's why hardcore fans love the game, because it's stupid like that.
Do you hear the Fox announcers now? The umps finally make a good call and they're talking about the "neighborhood play", where the 2nd baseman is in the vicinity of 2nd base during the double play turn. Stupid, I know, but as a lifelong baseball fan, you learn to accept that the 2nd baseman doesn't have to be on the base to turn a double play and every now and then, they'll actually enforce the rule that says he does. Baseball is more about the proper execution of the play, rather than the technical following the rules to the letter. I know it's stupid to have rules that are enforced only in spirit, but that's the game as it's always been.
I also heard that is was for safety to decrease collisions at second base.

Charley
10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
He's beaten Mike Scoscia at his own game. His team is very well managed.
Dude there is no spectacular managing going on here... no "Small ball" going on ...cmon... 2 poor calls tonight and a very poor 1rst inning performance by santana make this game 8-2...

phebus
10-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Bottom line is the White Sox are getting great pitching out of their starters.

Charley
10-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Baseball is more about the proper execution of the play
you know i'd agree with ya if he was "on the bag" in the first place and coming across or off the bag to make the throw but he was camped 6" off 2nd and his footwork was a joke... he was never on the base... you have a hard on for the angels man... the blues
BLEW IT....AGAIN TONIGHT..... likt it or not those 2 bull$hit calls do affect the momentum of the game..not saying we win if they are different calls, just saying we should expect 99.9% out of umpires making $100k-300k a year!!!!! they have missed 3 maybe 4 calls in 2 "huge" ****+n games

Charley
10-16-2005, 07:38 PM
What did the Angels have, four hits? You ain't gonna win many games with four hits, even with perfect umpiring.
uh...both teams had 4 hits and the score was 6-2...umpires make a difference...

Charley
10-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Did you actually watch the game .
I was at the game, and that gives me a way better perspective than yer 32" diagonal view as to the "change" of momentum when "little" things like 1 or maybe 2 bad calls affect the direction of the game......I am not disputing your knowledge, I am disputing your interpretation however... sounds to me like yer panties are getting in a knot :D

Charley
10-16-2005, 07:56 PM
I have a 65" HDTV. My kids have a 32" TV, but I don't watch it
damn 65" HD...whoa... I guess you got the DCB of TV's ;)
But you'd have no idea what I was talking about because you weren't watching the game on FOX. The FOX announcers were ANTI-UMPIRE the whole game
Hmmm... I hate to say it but the focus will remain on the bad calls... as an Angel fan I would prefer 99.9% right calls and losing... we will never know :(
Then, the umpires make that call on the double play and the announcers are lambasting the call because he was in the "neighborhood". I found it very funny.
and 95% of my career was at short or 2nd and I agree with that call ;)

Charley
10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm a Padres fan
and I will say the Padres have an absolutely awesome........................................... .................................................. ................................................
Stadium..........lol JK ;)

Rexone
10-16-2005, 08:02 PM
You guys are funny :)
The Angels got their ass kicked tonight umps or no umps.

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:13 PM
And, unfortunately, I've never been. I'm waiting for my kids to get a little older. I'm a hardcore baseball fan, an hour early to the game, leave when the last out is recorded. No way they'll sit through that yet.
RIGHT ON!!! my kinda player, stay till it's over...... Ironically I just walked thru the Petco stadium 2 weeks ago for a little work we are doing for the Rolling Stones concert.... You a Stones fan?

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:17 PM
You guys are funny :)
The Angels got their ass kicked tonight umps or no umps.
Thing is that b-ball players are highly affected by momentum.....just like they are supersticious, sad thing is id rather KNOW that the angels lost this series cause they got beat.... but there have been seriously 3-4 very pivotal calls that have hurt the angel momentum... its sad, but I like to think we are only 3 str8 wins from the series.............. :D

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Back in the day I was, high school time, cruising with the Stones, Foghat, Foreigner, in our Camaros. :D
I still listen to a lot of classic rock stations on the radio.
Hmmm wouldn't that be ironic if I scored you a couple passes for the show??
HMMMM lets say if the angels win........ :D

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I heard Bartolo Colon can't even hold a baseball in his right arm. They really needed him.
aha! thing is , even with my reasonably good connections I'd still have to pay face value for those stones tix.... it would be worth it to see you route for them from the closet...oh and for my boyz in red to win ;)

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
You should score me a couple if they lose. That would teach me a lesson. :D :D
LMAO>>... no way man.... hmm unless you agree to dress up in an angels jersey, hold red pom poms and pictures capture the KODAK moment LOL!

Boa1277
10-16-2005, 08:29 PM
For all the non hardcore baseball fans, the problem with baseball, is the uneven application of the rules. That's why hardcore fans love the game, because it's stupid like that.
Do you hear the Fox announcers now? The umps finally make a good call and they're talking about the "neighborhood play", where the 2nd baseman is in the vicinity of 2nd base during the double play turn. Stupid, I know, but as a lifelong baseball fan, you learn to accept that the 2nd baseman doesn't have to be on the base to turn a double play and every now and then, they'll actually enforce the rule that says he does. Baseball is more about the proper execution of the play, rather than the technical following the rules to the letter. I know it's stupid to have rules that are enforced only in spirit, but that's the game as it's always been.
Bob, I will give you props you do know your Baseball, but I think the Angels were short changed the other night with the bad call by Eddings, and it has just steamrolled from there, I know you think the bad calls thing goes both ways and usually it does, But there is a pivot point in any series and if you look back at the majority of 5 or 7 game series you could probably pick it. The Angels lost all of their Momentum with that call, Momentum is a huge part of sports, all sports it can take a average team and make them great at least for the night or sometimes for the rest of the season. The call that Eddings made stole all the Momentum from the Angels and they have yet to get it back, it looked like they were starting to get some of it back and the umps missed the call on first when the pitcher threw out the guy that ended up stealing 2nd then he went on to score. Oh well maybe they will get it back like the Red Sox did last year.... We will soon find out.

Charley
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm curious to know if you watch baseball all season, or just playoff baseball? The pickoff play is probably the MOST missed call in baseball. To get the out, one of two things has to happen. You have to tag the guy in the hand or arm clearly before he's back to the base OR he has to never actually get back to the base. I'm not saying that's right, it's just what it is. That's how they call it. You're never going to get that call going up to his underarm unless he's clearly off the base.
I know they've been victimized by some bad calls, over the course of a 162 game schedule, they tend to even out.
The Angels have nobody to blame but themselves. The non tag by Paul, that's a ROOKIE mistake by a 6 year veteran. The errors. The stolen bases by Chicago. The 2-30 by Figgins and Guerrero. Little things. The stolen base by the pinch runner in game 2, putting him into scoring position. Kelvin Escobar, after that bad call in game 2, allows a game winning single on an 0-2 count. Completely overshadowed by the call, you don't put the ball around the strike zone on 0-2 with a runner in scoring position. Not just a runner, the WINNING RUN.
Tonight, Santana going full count on 5 of the first 7 batters he faced. Walking Posednik to leadoff the game after being ahead 0-2.
I'd love to see the Angels win the series, but it's not going to happen. They are being completely outplayed in every facet of the game right now. And why not? The White Sox, for the better part of the season, were the best team in baseball.
Forget about all the other BS, the Angels have 15 hits, 5 for extra bases, in their three losses. That's not how they won baseball games this season.
I Hate to admit it but you are right..................... fock you :D
Just for that were gonna win... we are the Underdogs with a cause :devil:

JetBoatRich
10-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Another great thread :jawdrop: thanks
The Angels need to win at at least make a series of it :D There bats are dead :mad:

essexjet
10-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Now they are finally playing some SMALL ball. Just keep it up :D

JetBoatRich
10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Now they are finally playing some SMALL ball. Just keep it up :D
I would like to see some hits from key players :eek:

essexjet
10-17-2005, 06:26 PM
I would like to see some hits from key players :eek:
Right concept wrong team :mad:

JetBoatRich
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Right concept wrong team :mad:
We have seen plenty of come back from the Angels :eek:

essexjet
10-17-2005, 06:32 PM
We have seen plenty of come back from the Angels :eek:
Quite a few but most earlier in the season. But your right need to wake those bats up.

Boa1277
10-17-2005, 06:38 PM
See what happens when I try and talk about something, I know nothing about, in fact baseball is the one sport I diddnt play, or really like to watch, Shockwave, you have made your point and you probably hit it right on the nose, I know you did about the only watching during the playoff, because that is true the only time I really watch baseball is during the playoffs, and then only when there is a team I like. But I still hope the Angels win, and you will look like a real dipshiiiaaat if they do pull this one out of the hat, wont you. J/K :D :D

Boa1277
10-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I'd love for the Angels to win the series. If that makes me look like a dipshit, so be it.
Well we diddnt get are wish, I am with you oh well if things make you look bad, just as long as you get the results you were hoping for. Shock way to call this series you were right on the money the whole way, hats off to you, I dont know if that says a whole lot.

Excessive Force
10-18-2005, 04:10 PM
anyone else notice F. Rodriguez SUCKSSSSSSSSSS?

phebus
10-18-2005, 06:28 PM
The best thing of the series being over, is to not have to listen to Lou Pinella any more. He is definately knowledgeable, but damn what a dry boring f*ck.

phebus
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sure he will be hired by someone in the off season. Pro baseball just keeps recycing managers until they die.