PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate in Havasu area

kanedog
10-18-2005, 03:02 AM
I am looking for a home to purchase in the Havasu area and I have not actually been there.
I currently live in BC Canada about 2 hrs north of Seattle and Im pretty much sick of the rain all winter.I would like to be a snowbird,starting tommorrow(lol).
I need a home with acreage/(equestrian?) and not too close to neighbors as I have 4 large dogs.I can live with a 30 min drive to the lake if the I can get more value for my real estate dollar.
Large garage and /or barn for boat storage would be great.I would leave it vacant for summer most likely and return in winter running from the rain.
The location doesnt have to in Havasu,but 30mins proximity to the lake would be fine.
Where is the best place to look for that type of property?Any helpful hints or advice would be appreciated.

djunkie
10-18-2005, 03:08 AM
How much you looking to spend? In US dollars that is. :D

kanedog
10-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Oh yea,good question.I would like to spend $200-300k US dollars

sxpilot
10-18-2005, 04:36 AM
Not gonna find 4 acres in Havasu for 300k, but you can find a decent place within 30 min.s from the lake..
Find a Realtor, if you need one just ask

NashvilleBound
10-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Havasu for what reason? Are you moving from Canada permanently?

sxpilot
10-18-2005, 04:47 AM
I think he was wanting to be a snowbird..
Why Havasu? Maybe because its the "Best" place on the west coast to live and enjoy...lol :D
But really Havasu dosnt need any more Snowbirds
Snowbirds taste like chicken.... :eat: :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
10-18-2005, 05:07 AM
Contact Michelle Bravata Warlock25 on the boards she can answer all your questions. 928-208-9171 She is wonderful to work with. My neighbor in Havi lives in Canada. :D

NashvilleBound
10-18-2005, 05:32 AM
I think he was wanting to be a snowbird..
Why Havasu? Maybe because its the "Best" place on the west coast to live and enjoy...lol :D
But really Havasu dosnt need any more Snowbirds
Snowbirds taste like chicken.... :eat: :D :D :D
LOL...uh, ya...I heard that too....at least the chicken part;)

Hal
10-18-2005, 06:55 AM
http://www.robertgoryrealty.com/
http://www.discoverhavasuhomes.com/

Ion
10-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Off the top of my head, all I can think of are the areas near Meade: Dolan Springs, White Hills and Meadeview. DS and WH are all estate properties and intend to remain that way. WH 's 1 acre lots are already starting at $50k. Only problem is that they are all over 1 hr. from Havasu, but...Meade is a pretty nice lake and once the dam bypass is completed, those lots should begin to boom. In the Havasu city limits, all I can think of is the old Donkey Acres, where there are estate-sized lots for sale. But...not cheap! Maybe Havasu Heights or Golden Valley have estate lots?

Jordy
10-18-2005, 07:30 AM
Contact Michelle Bravata Warlock25 on the boards she can answer all your questions. 928-208-9171 She is wonderful to work with. My neighbor in Havi lives in Canada. :D
I hate it when I have to agree with Dia, but she does make a good point here. :D :D :D

atomickitn
10-18-2005, 09:08 AM
i agree contact michelle she is wonderful to work with, you wont be sorry..! :)

kanedog
10-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Nashville bound-I want to move to havasu becuase of the lake and weather .I would live there for the winter,Idont like the rain here.

waterwitch
10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Take a look at Havasu Heights,
or Donkey Acres.

kanedog
10-18-2005, 02:01 PM
thx

Garrddogg
10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Contact Michelle Bravata Warlock25 on the boards she can answer all your questions. 928-208-9171 She is wonderful to work with. :D
yup

BajaMike
10-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Nashville bound-I want to move to havasu becuase of the lake and weather .I would live there for the winter,Idont like the rain here.
You say you've never actually been to Havasu, well, you should probably spend a week or two in the summer in Havasu before you decide to buy there.......
:eat: :2purples: :eat: :2purples:

kanedog
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Good suggestion Baja Mike.From what I see and read on the boards I might not want to ever leave!

Not So Fast
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
All I can say is the prices are border line insanity. I just got a listing of sales in my little area and am sitting here in dismay. The house across the street sold in one week for $495,000 as a weekend house, behind me one is listed at $535,000 and a new one being built 2 doors up is listed at $549,000 and if thats not bad enough there is one 2 streets over listed at $800,000, it is pretty big at 2766 sq ft but HOLY MOLY these are secondary house for most folks and it's HAVASU for Gods sake. Get real, I'm sitting here just waiting for the bottom to fall out because I'm pretty sure SO CAL has slowed big time and we follow them, we'll see I guess :idea: NSF "GO BOLTZ"

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
the 700K and up stuff is falling on its face here,400k to 600k is still doing well,thats north san diego

Not So Fast
10-18-2005, 05:09 PM
the 700K and up stuff is falling on its face here,400k to 600k is still doing well,thats north san diego
I guess thats my point, who in the hell can pay over $500,000 for a weekend home. I know there are high rollers but this is becoming an average price here. And being a right to work state the wages here in Havasu are very very low so if you work here most of the workforce cannot afford a house. Prices are mindboggling to me. :) NSF

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 05:11 PM
your lucky,you will do well on your home,even if the bottom falls out 20% you will be way ahead.

Mrs.Racer277
10-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Purchased our lot in Dec. a lot on our street same size no view just sold for almost 55K more then what we paid in Havi. :confused: :confused:

djunkie
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Hell I thought we paid a lot for our house in Havi in august 2004. I'm glad I did it when I did now.

kanedog
10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
tttthanx

Not So Fast
10-19-2005, 09:15 AM
your lucky,you will do well on your home,even if the bottom falls out 20% you will be way ahead.
Moved here in July 2002, had the house built and retired then also. Its not real big, 1700 Sq FT, 1300 ft garage and what we paid compared to what it would sell for today is just friggin ridiculous. Bad thing is the ACV has gone up over 80% on the property tax bill, still low though, but in reality it is worth probably 21/2 times what we have in it. I wish the whole escalation thing would just stop. How do young marrieds afford anything in So Cal?? My sons have friends that are paying over $3000 a month just for the house payment :jawdrop: NSF

Not So Fast
10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Purchased our lot in Dec. a lot on our street same size no view just sold for almost 55K more then what we paid in Havi. :confused: :confused:
Mrs, you should build now if its in the cards to do so, contractors here will not guarantee any quotes for over a 30 day period because materials are going up faster than they can get deliveries on them :confused: NSF

sxpilot
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Yep we too bought in 2002, house is gone up 80%, just cant see selling though, could never replace what we have for a any reasonable price...
I guess we will just have to kick it here for a while :D

riverroyal
10-19-2005, 11:00 AM
ive bought and sold 4 homes in 8 years,thats how.First one was 150k,this one is 800k,my payment has gone up about 400$ over eight years.Now my prop taxes thats another issue......

Not So Fast
10-19-2005, 12:37 PM
ive bought and sold 4 homes in 8 years,thats how.First one was 150k,this one is 800k,my payment has gone up about 400$ over eight years.Now my prop taxes thats another issue......
RR; but what will happen now that interest rates are climbing and all of those voo-doo loans, interest only type things, come due. Seems like you could be upside down unless you had a lot of cash back-up. I know for a fact that when we left Lake Forest that we could not afford to live in the same house at todays prices because wages have not kept pace. When we bought a house many many moons ago there was a formula the lenders used, a ratio so to speak of income VS payments and they would not lend if you exceeded the ratio they aloted, I dont think they give a crap now because of the fast rise in prices,BUT and it's a BIG BUT everything is dictated by this fast escalation of prices and low interest rates right? Seems to me the domino effect could happen to this market, supply VS demand as always, and any type of glut along with the inability to secure financing (affordable for the individual)because of interest rates rising, well you are a smart person and you can see what would happen. But then I've been saying that for some time now so what the hell do I know. what i do know is that everything we have is paid for and it feels sort of good and somewhat safe, for now anyway. Peace NSF "GO BOLTZ"

djunkie
10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
My sons have friends that are paying over $3000 a month just for the house payment :jawdrop: NSF
I'm going throught this right now. I've got a good job and make decent money but I still can't afford a house at these prices. Nowadays you have to almost have 2-6 figure salaries to make it.

riverroyal
10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
voodoo loan,but also alot of equity.If the market here corrects 30%,which would be more than anyone has predicted,I would still be fine.Now most of my neighbors with no money down,and voodoo loans,they are screwed :D

riverroyal
10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
thats not good,I know what your saying,if I didnt own a home now I would take my family out of socal,its really stupid here,we are thinking of moving next summer

LhcBrad
10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
I have been told that the first sign of a market weakening is you see more and more REDUCED prices on houses.Ive been looking around the Havasu market and i am noticing alot more houses being reduced now.I am wondering from any Real estate agents from the forum if this has any truth to it? Im no expert!!

Not So Fast
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
I have been told that the first sign of a market weakening is you see more and more REDUCED prices on houses.Ive been looking around the Havasu market and i am noticing alot more houses being reduced now.I am wondering from any Real estate agents from the forum if this has any truth to it? Im no expert!!
One of my sons just bought a house here to live in so we have looked very hard at whats available and for a 2000 ft house with an RV garage the average price seemed to be around $450,000. There were some for less but then the hood was pretty dumpy (common problem for Havasu) and if the house was in a good hood the price seemed to be in the $500,000's. The market has slowed somewhat but prices are not dropping and i dont think they will, so unless you have to have a voo-doo loan to get in I still think our area will remain stable. Havasu is running out of room and the only new places are the Refuge (BIG BUCKS there) and the Cherry Tree area way up in the foothills but I hear that will be pretty expensive also. Even Havasu Heights has new housing that I hear prices in the $400'000 and up but you do get some property there. it's a time to be careful IMO NSF "GO BOLTZ"

ColeTR2
10-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I would look down here in Parker. 10 min from the lake and 2 min. to the river. RobertGoryRealty.com (http://RobertGoryRealty.com) ask for Kim.

sxpilot
10-19-2005, 06:21 PM
I would look down here in Parker. 10 min from the lake and 2 min. to the river. RobertGoryRealty.com (http://RobertGoryRealty.com) ask for Kim.
Wow I wish I could get to parker in 10 mins without a ticked and killing someone...parker to havasu is 30 miles period...but your point was still cool :D
Being my wife works for the top lender in havasu, she always tells me of these Voodoo loans being very sketchy...gambling if you will..gotta get in, hope for the best and get out or refi by the end of the term...
anyway, there are nice and not so nice areas in every city, this town is still growing, and there is enough room to support more people, just have to build on the north end of town...
still cant stand the snowbirds though...they are a nessesary evel...

Riviera
10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Thats great Mrs. the wife and I bought in Feb. 2003 and our lot has doubled gotta love that. Just can;t wait to start building. Heck we might just pack up and move there after its all finished!

ColeTR2
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Wow I wish I could get to parker in 10 mins without a ticked and killing someone...parker to havasu is 30 miles period...but your point was still cool :D
The Lake and Havasu Springs is 8 miles from me here on the Parker Strip! I Live closer to Lake Havasu then most of the people that live in Havasu City.

sxpilot
10-19-2005, 06:50 PM
The Lake and Havasu Springs is 8 miles from me here on the Parker Strip! I Live closer to Lake Havasu then most of the people that live in Havasu City.
Yeah I here ya...
We almost bought in the springs...then found a place in parker but it fell out of escrow and we found this place in Havasu..
Sounds like you are in a good spot...

kanedog
10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
talked to Michelle and she has helped me out.Thanks for the hookup

SummitKarl
10-20-2005, 10:36 AM
at this point no......there is no weakness in the market, what you are seeing is many people tring to cash out on their equity on resales, the market is flodded with resales at the moment so this promotes competition to sell them.
The new home market continues to grow...it's actually spikeing right now with a flood of new homes being built in Havasu, I myself have taken in at least 20 new homes in the last 30 days and my waiting list continues to grow, to a point you have a min 30 day wait for me to design or plan your new home

LhcBrad
10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks Karl