PDA

View Full Version : trailer queen rhino

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 09:51 AM
in the dirt!Oldsmoblile saturdayhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371rhino_oldsmobile.JPG

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371camp_october.JPG

sigepmock
10-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Looks good. How'd she run with the extra weight in back? Not picking on ya just curious if you noticed any handling differences.
Thanks,
Chris

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
but it wasnt a issue.I moved the rear shock setting to one click stiffer.I think i bottomed out one time,going down a dune to fast,bottom was sharp.I can say it was way more fun than I was expecting,it will go everywhere,we duned all over,momentum is key.In 2wd its fun,it slides everywhere,4wd is safest I thought.
Kids were laughing the whole time,go faster!I rode my atv maybe 10 minutes.

BADBLOWN572
10-18-2005, 10:23 AM
did you feel like you needed paddles in the dunes or was it alright with the tires you have on it?

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
you dont need them,I dont think.Actually 2wd is a blast with out them i think,gets sideways everywhere.Traction wasnt a issue.I stopped on a few steep dunes the punched it to see how it would climb,did great,went right up.I think if you went with a paddle it may bog the motor if its stock,unless it was a small paddle

JB in so cal
10-18-2005, 10:39 AM
but it wasnt a issue.I moved the rear shock setting to one click stiffer.I think i bottomed out one time,going down a dune to fast,bottom was sharp.I can say it was way more fun than I was expecting,it will go everywhere,we duned all over,momentum is key.In 2wd its fun,it slides everywhere,4wd is safest I thought.
Kids were laughing the whole time,go faster!I rode my atv maybe 10 minutes.
Wait 'till you get me and wifey and some fresca in there. That thing'll be tested, for sure :D

caroftheweek
10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
did you take it up Olds? if so how did it do?
Ryan

BADBLOWN572
10-18-2005, 10:55 AM
you dont need them,I dont think.Actually 2wd is a blast with out them i think,gets sideways everywhere.Traction wasnt a issue.I stopped on a few steep dunes the punched it to see how it would climb,did great,went right up.I think if you went with a paddle it may bog the motor if its stock,unless it was a small paddle
Thanks for the info. We have a Rhino and we are going to be taking it to the dunes, I just know that last year I saw a bunch of people with paddles on them. I really don't want to get them if they are not needed so as of right now I am going to hold off and see how it does.

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 10:58 AM
that pic is from olds,I couldnt make it up.I tried about 10 times,with and without passengers,didnt matter,it went up the same distance.It had enough traction,ran outta power.I did mess around with the rear dif stuff on sunday,I think thats the best way to climb,it pulled much harder from the front.It did go everywhere I wanted to go.Im gonna leave the motor stock for warranty issues,the 660 really works its ass off,Id be affraid of modifying it the blowing it up.Plus I feels real safe at this speed,any faster and it may led to danger

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 10:59 AM
save the money until you try it,Im not buying any

Magic34
10-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info. We have a Rhino and we are going to be taking it to the dunes, I just know that last year I saw a bunch of people with paddles on them. I really don't want to get them if they are not needed so as of right now I am going to hold off and see how it does.
Just air down those mud tires everyone is running and paddles would just stay in the garage anyways. Air down a lot and that thing will go anywhere.

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 11:10 AM
in the back was weighing me down i think :D

BADBLOWN572
10-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I really cant wait to get the Rhino out into the dunes. :)

sigepmock
10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info....sounds like a blast.
Chris