PDA

View Full Version : Pro stock car crash!!!!

HCS
10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Holy shit! (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/dragracecrash.wmv)

SHOCKENYALL
10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Holy shit! (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/dragracecrash.wmv)
re-post.... But Yep this was in Texas weekend b4 last.... both drivers ok... only one ended up witha broken hand!! Two very lucky men right there!! :clover:

SHOCKENYALL
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
you'd think nhra would install "deviding walls" between lanes of each racer. i'm actually suprised you don't see more of this :confused: - keyes
Yesterday morning on NHRA today... they were talking about different ideas to keep something like that from happening..... The devider wall was one of them.... not as tall as the outer walls... but high enough to "bump them back into their own lanes". It's a good thought :idea:

slowinhavasu
10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I would rather cross over a LINE at 300+ mph and recover versus getting bumped back in my lane....I think you would see more crashes....not something I would like to see.....

Sleek-Jet
10-18-2005, 11:59 AM
I would rather cross over a LINE at 300+ mph and recover versus getting bumped back in my lane....I think you would see more crashes....not something I would like to see.....
Agreed.
If both cars would have left at the same time, the one out of control would have been behind the other, and the wreck probably wouldn't have been as serious.

SHOCKENYALL
10-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Agreed.
If both cars would have left at the same time, the one out of control would have been behind the other, and the wreck probably wouldn't have been as serious.
Actually.... NHRA Officials stated if Koretski (left ln) wouldn't have hit Bruce Allen it would probably would have been fatal. By Koretski hitting him when he did, it stopped forward motion from going straight into the wall....... :2purples:

Sleek-Jet
10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually.... NHRA Officials stated if Koretski (left ln) wouldn't have hit Bruce Allen it would probably would have been fatal. By Koretski hitting him when he did, it stopped forward motion from going straight into the wall....... :2purples:
I don't know if I buy that or not, sounds like NHRA is in full spin mode. He was already in the air, I would say he would have ended up tumbling on the other side of the wall... weather that would have been fatal or not, who knows.
In any case everyone was flying under a lucky star that night.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh how it pains me to say this :p but I agree with Slowie. "Hey, you guys, get to the back of the bus!" LMAO

SHOCKENYALL
10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
In any case everyone was flying under a lucky star that night.
Yes, they sure were!!! Amazingly enough, this sport carries a very low accident rate....considering the horsepower and speed! Amazing!!

Infomaniac
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I wish I would have seen that NHRA today show. I WOULD HAVE BEEN PISSED !!!
Nothing needs to be done except make those guys leave together during qualifying. SHIT !!!
I was there and saw that crash. It was only a matter of time before something like that happened.
They let one guy leave first so the crew chief can listen to his car. If they left together like they are supposed to, this would not have happened. The pro stock guys do that all the time. One will leave a little late on purpose.

SHOCKENYALL
10-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Nothing needs to be done except make those guys leave together during qualifying. SHIT !!!
I was there and saw that crash. It was only a matter of time before something like that happened.
They let one guy leave first so the crew chief can listen to his car. If they left together like they are supposed to, this would not have happened. The pro stock guys do that all the time. One will leave a little late on purpose.
Larry Dixon agrees with the above.... he made the same exact point yesterday morning on the progaram!! And you are right.... it was just a matter of time!!!

Terminal Velocity
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Info, also on NHRA today they interviewed L. Dixon. He offered up that during qualifing they should add the reaction time to the actual run ET time. That would stop the 1+ R.T. 'cause you wouldn't qualify! The dividing wall down the center i don't like, BUT i think you would see alot more people lifting earlier if your lane was only your lane and crossing the centerline wasn't going to happen and i can see a lot of bent stuff if they ever did that. Biggest thing i see...Get rid of the moron's that run NHRA like Graham "dim" light
Are you going to be in Vegas?

Terminal Velocity
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
crap beat me to it! LOL

76ANTHONY
10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
OKAY WOMAN, YOUR GETTIN REAL CLOSE TO INTERNET SEX HERE :D :D :lightsabe

Infomaniac
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Nope i am gonna miss Vegas. Went to pre season testing and the first Vegas race. Are you with Integra?
I'll be in Pomona. Just sent a new flywheel to the Oakley car to test in Vegas Monday after the race.

Morg
10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Had a great time in Vegas last year.
Unfortunatly not able to make it this year.
BTW- what happen's in Vegas does not necassarily stay in Vegas. Ca'mon :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545baby2003_0101_007_1_-med.JPG

Terminal Velocity
10-18-2005, 02:53 PM
no i'm not with integra i might stop by if they're not too busy and introduce myself but i am friends with a couple of the BAD cars, Bob Bode AA/FC and the Strausburg's TF car. I've know Rod Fuller for about 10 years when he was running his super class cars, SC and SG. Maybe next year we can meet and have a cold one with Morg and anyone else. Morg, what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay...try living here, i can't get away with shiat! :messedup: