PDA

View Full Version : Speaker grill question

Ultrafied
10-18-2005, 04:30 PM
I know this may be a stupid and cheap question, but I am trying to find some universal metal mesh grills for JL 6", 6.9" and 8" speakers. After going out to Extreme Audio covers and seeing that it would cost $960 for custom billet grills (my wife would kill me), I thought if I could find some metal ones and just get them powder coated or anodized, that would be good enough. Anybody have any ideas or am I stuck with the stock black abs/aluminum mesh ones?

Flashover
10-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Go to your local stereo shop they usually have a ton of them laying around. some guys will just give them to you and other's will charge a small amount for them... Good luck :clover: :D :clover: :D

Ultrafied
10-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Cool, so do most speaker grills fit any brand?

Magic34
10-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Someone say speaker covers???? I have some on sale. :)

HOLLYWOOD
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
It is Holly from Xtreme. I probably met you and your wife at a show....you must need a lot of grills to add up to $960! I know it adds up but the finished product is amazing........Let me know exactally what you are looking for and maybe we can help you out somehow. I know a lot of installers who may be able to help you out with an inexpensive solution.
As for you wife getting upset----I know the feeling! I think we magically appear with a new MOTOR in our boat each year! And he thinks I don't notice!
Have a good one! Happy winter!
Holly
Xtreme Audio Covers
holly@xaudiocovers.com
www.xaudiocovers.com
(949)233-1450