PDA

View Full Version : Heart Problems ???

Squirtin Thunder
10-18-2005, 08:39 PM
OK,
Here it is The Dr.s that I have seen so far say they have no explanation for what Happend except low Potacium levels. Went to the Mohave family Picnic. Got winded every time I had to reset the anchor. Then we went to the after party at the Pixalateds new place. Everything was fine till I caried my daughter out to the truck. My left arm got tingly, I was a little short of breath but fine. Desided to leave because I was having a hard time regaining my breath. Yesterday I had no energy what so ever and tons of muchle cramps and my left arm is now losing strength. This morning I called the Dr.s office and reset my apointment. I will see him Thursday morning. But just wandering if any of you have ever had any similar problems ???
Thank you
Jim
Hello everyone !!! First we want to thank our entire team along with Short Bus, Four Q and Team Shocker for their support and help. Next, we need to thank all of our sponsors for their support.
As some of you may know, we fell out of the race in the 9th lap. We were running 4 minute laps with a hurt engine. A last minute problem before we left for the race caused us to use an older set of heads, that had excessive spring pressure for cam break in. When we arrived in Parker, we started to test. Somehow we got junk in the needle and seat, at quarter lap the fuel pump just started dumping fuel into the carb, which caused us to wash down the brand new engine with fuel. We flushed the engine several times with fresh oil to remove all traces of gas. At 8:00 am on race day, we were still unsure if we would race or not. At first start, oil pressure was at 20-25 psi, the last time the gassy oil was changed, the oil lines were mistakenly put in the wrong spot, this was done at midnight. Fixed this small detail, started engine and 80 psi. Mad dash to get inspected and registered, We were going racing. Things were going fine, at lap 5 we blew a water line, came in to pit for repair and top off. 4 laps later the engine stopped running, we were out. Upon inspection in the pit, the cam flatspotted from the spring pressure. No chance of getting back in the race, but a job well done by everyone !!!
About one hour later, everyone one was watching race and having a good time. Jim came over and sat down next to me, he was talking with MrsBordsmnj and MrsBoatnam. All of a sudden he grabbed his chest, lost consciousness and almost fell over. Again the TEAM came thru, we kept Jim semi conscious, got the medic and an ambulance. They placed Jim into the ambulance, Jim's heartbeat was about 202, they gave him an injection to stop his heart and then restart his heart before they went to the hospital. The doctor's stated that if we did not get help when we did that we would have lost him. They wanted him to stay in the hospital, but Jim was more worried about the team and boat. We made arrangements for him to be seen by his own doctor here at home. The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart. Jim is now resting comfortably (LOL) in the hospital, waiting for the rest of the tests that have been planned for him. At this time, he will be there until tomorrow, unless something happens. I will post from time to time, to give updates as they happen.
Again, thanks to everyone for their support, before, during and after the race.
Thanks
Mrs ST
Jim had a physical, before he actually committed to the race and before he began obtaining sponsors and a team. That was one month before the race. As I stated in my previous post:
The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart.
Thanks to everyone !!! Jim is resting comfortably. He misses being on the board. He will be back soon. He says hello. He is already planning for next year, but at a slower pace. Like he said today, I have a full year to get ready instead of just 3 1/2 weeks. Also if anyone has any pics of the boat, please post !!!
Thanks,
Mrs ST

Rexone
10-18-2005, 08:49 PM
OK,
Here it is The Dr.s that I have seen so far say they have no explanation for what Happend except low Potacium levels.
Jim my recommendation is that you get another opinion from a good cardioligist outside the area, like Vegas or Phoenix or even LA area.
What you are experiencing isn't normal and as far as I'm concerned "no explanation" regarding your heart isn't acceptable.

Throttle
10-18-2005, 08:52 PM
you may not want to wait until thursday... if these conditions continue, you should get yourself to an emergency room.

Supultlbich
10-18-2005, 08:53 PM
K can play a big part into lots of different cardiac problems but from my perspective it has more to do with the electrical function of the heart as it relates to conduction. When cardiac electrlytes arent normal it can change the way that the heart muscle itself polarizes and re-polarizes, for every contraction of the heart there are electrlyte shifts that take place to allow the muscle accept the electrical impulse, meaning that in certain instances, if there is to much of one or the other, it can cause irregularity. Depending on the type of arrythmia it can cause a decrease in the amount of blood that the heart ejects for each contraction, this can lead to a decreased amount of circulating volume and an overall decrease in blood pressure. The decrease in blood pressure can lead to a decreased amount of perfusion to your body. When this happens you get tire
With that said I would see a Cardiologist as soon as possible and have a stress test, EKG, and have some lab work done. To much technology these days to take advantage of. If you are still feeling this way in the morning I would go to the closest ER, those are not the type of symptoms to mess around with.
Good Luck

Moneypitt
10-18-2005, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Supultlbich]
With that said I would see a Cardiologist and have a stress test, EKG, and have some lab work done. To much technology these days to take advantage of.
Yes Jim, what he said, and sooner is better than later......The potasium levels being low will cause muscle cramping, and the heart is a large muscle. Please see someone for the necessary tests ASAP...........Ray

moneypit
10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
No doubt. You will definitely need a FULL heart workup. Blood, EKG, Stress test. Ive seen it lots of times. Angina, electrolyte imbalance whatever.. Its sounds like you need to get a good cardiologist. I would improve the diet immediately.

Boa1277
10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Boy those symptoms sound really familiar, my Uncle was having the same kinda thing, he would lose his breath real easy, I remember sitting at the coffee shop and him holding his left arm up in the air saying this damn thing just keeps going to sleep on me, it feels like someone hit me on the funny bone. Needless to say 2 weeks later massive heart attack, had to give him CPR until ambulance arrived they said it saved his life, he had just been to the heart doctor a month prior they did EKG and other tests said he was fine, I guess one of the arteries on the back of the heart was plugged, I am not for sure which one they said it was real hard to see or test, sounds like B.S. to me but they had to cover their butt somehow, If I were you I would get at least 2 opinions and if it continues get a third, lifes to short you need to get into the hospital A.S.A.P. just so they can make sure you havent been having minor heart attacks, that might be building towards a major one.
Good Luck with this, I hope everything works out for you...

whoya
10-19-2005, 08:36 AM
An EKG can miss things sometimes(it can not pick up scar tissue,which is what you get when you have a heart attack), thats why its good to have them done at the time symtoms are occur.
Too low or too high K levels can put your heart in a V-Fib which either way may cause a heart attack.
It sounds like you are having a problem so stay on it, you only have one heart muscle. You may require more extensive test to get to the bottom of it.
Good Luck

pixilatedpussy
10-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Jim...you need to go to the Dr ASAP! I hope you feel better soon! :(

Windy
10-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Get a second opinion...please.

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 09:15 AM
I hope it's nothing serious, I will keep you in prayer. Keep us posted on whats happening.

h2oski2fast
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Just an FYI, my Dad had similar symptoms. Turns out that he had a very minor stroke. Don't play around with this, we want you to be around for more drama surrounding the Parker 300.

76ANTHONY
10-19-2005, 09:27 AM
hell no, no explination is not an answer to something irregular. if this is something that you are getting more often then go to get a second opinion, i have a freind that works for a cardio doc and this sounds like mild stroke or minor heart attack, im no doctor but id see another doctor. just my .02 :D

C-2
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Don't play around with this, we want you to be around for more drama surrounding the Parker 300.
Exactly!

AzLakeLizard
10-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Make sure they also do an ultra sound for the Mitrol Valve functions.
Arrhythmia and Mitrol valve is a hereditary trait in our family.. "unfortunately" but being aware of what we have and being medicated for it helps!
Go as soon as possible and get a full work up done! :squiggle:

redneckgirl
10-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Get another opinion... My dad had several small heart attacks and started having symptons simular to yours and died of a heart attacks a few months later!!!! Please go now!!!! :cry:
RNG

riverroyal
10-19-2005, 10:51 AM
is jim?,,,believe it or not im kinda a heart issue expert,if can help I would love to

essexjet
10-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Jim at a minimum get a 12 lead ECG and have them draw blood to get cardiac enzymes. Any cliinic in the area would have it if not go to the ER. For you to call the Dr's office and tell them your symptoms, I dont know why they didnt say "get to the ER ASAP". To me as a paramedic it sounds to be angina since it goes away with rest. But with no cardiac history you need to see a Dr as soon as possible (like today).

76ANTHONY
10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
im with essexjet on this one....

Dave C
10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
I agree with these guys. go see a cardiologist! :supp:

Hustler
10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Jim, my mom used to work at Mojave and those people are clueless. Find some one in Vegas and get a second opinion. Good luck to you.

Squirtin Thunder
10-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Thank you everyone !!!
Jim is at the hospital now, we have been there all day. Had to come home to check on our daughter. Not sure at this point if he will be admitted. Will keep everyone posted (LOL) !!!
Mrs ST

essexjet
10-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Thank you everyone !!!
Jim is at the hospital now, we have been there all day. Had to come home to check on our daughter. Not sure at this point if he will be admitted. Will keep everyone posted (LOL) !!!
Mrs ST
Thats good to hear he's getting help. Hope everything comes out ok.

Squirtin Thunder
10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Jim is now home and resting comfortably. The doctors have finally acknowledged that there is a problem with his heart. They gave him some medication to keep his heart rate down and some nitro if he has any more pain, with instructions to come immediately to the hospital. He also has an appointment on Thursday morning with a cardiologist for a complete workup.
Again thanks to all for their kind words and wishes.
Mrs ST

C-2
10-19-2005, 06:01 PM
They gave him some nitro
Just make sure he uses it on himself; not the boat!

Supultlbich
10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
You made the right decision, good luck and god bless.

Miss Managed Assets
10-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey guys love ya, can't believe whats's been going on. I've been there done that more that once with my dad and grandfather, good thing you got to the doctors at the first sign of symptoms. Anyway, Well see you this weekend and I have a pm coming your way. Hi amanda and talk to you guys soon.
love ya, MMA and 78