PDA

View Full Version : Heart Problems ???

Squirtin Thunder
10-19-2005, 01:06 AM
OK,
Here it is The Dr.s that I have seen so far say they have no explanation for what Happend except low Potacium levels. Went to the Mohave family Picnic. Got winded every time I had to reset the anchor. Then we went to the after party at the Pixalateds new place. Everything was fine till I caried my daughter out to the truck. My left arm got tingly, I was a little short of breath but fine. Desided to leave because I was having a hard time regaining my breath. Yesterday I had no energy what so ever and tons of muchle cramps and my left arm is now losing strength. This morning I called the Dr.s office and reset my apointment. I will see him Thursday morning. But just wandering if any of you have ever had any similar problems ???
Thank you
Jim
Hello everyone !!! First we want to thank our entire team along with Short Bus, Four Q and Team Shocker for their support and help. Next, we need to thank all of our sponsors for their support.
As some of you may know, we fell out of the race in the 9th lap. We were running 4 minute laps with a hurt engine. A last minute problem before we left for the race caused us to use an older set of heads, that had excessive spring pressure for cam break in. When we arrived in Parker, we started to test. Somehow we got junk in the needle and seat, at quarter lap the fuel pump just started dumping fuel into the carb, which caused us to wash down the brand new engine with fuel. We flushed the engine several times with fresh oil to remove all traces of gas. At 8:00 am on race day, we were still unsure if we would race or not. At first start, oil pressure was at 20-25 psi, the last time the gassy oil was changed, the oil lines were mistakenly put in the wrong spot, this was done at midnight. Fixed this small detail, started engine and 80 psi. Mad dash to get inspected and registered, We were going racing. Things were going fine, at lap 5 we blew a water line, came in to pit for repair and top off. 4 laps later the engine stopped running, we were out. Upon inspection in the pit, the cam flatspotted from the spring pressure. No chance of getting back in the race, but a job well done by everyone !!!
About one hour later, everyone one was watching race and having a good time. Jim came over and sat down next to me, he was talking with MrsBordsmnj and MrsBoatnam. All of a sudden he grabbed his chest, lost consciousness and almost fell over. Again the TEAM came thru, we kept Jim semi conscious, got the medic and an ambulance. They placed Jim into the ambulance, Jim's heartbeat was about 202, they gave him an injection to stop his heart and then restart his heart before they went to the hospital. The doctor's stated that if we did not get help when we did that we would have lost him. They wanted him to stay in the hospital, but Jim was more worried about the team and boat. We made arrangements for him to be seen by his own doctor here at home. The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart. Jim is now resting comfortably (LOL) in the hospital, waiting for the rest of the tests that have been planned for him. At this time, he will be there until tomorrow, unless something happens. I will post from time to time, to give updates as they happen.
Again, thanks to everyone for their support, before, during and after the race.
Thanks
Mrs ST
Jim had a physical, before he actually committed to the race and before he began obtaining sponsors and a team. That was one month before the race. As I stated in my previous post:
The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart.
Thanks to everyone !!! Jim is resting comfortably. He misses being on the board. He will be back soon. He says hello. He is already planning for next year, but at a slower pace. Like he said today, I have a full year to get ready instead of just 3 1/2 weeks. Also if anyone has any pics of the boat, please post !!!
Thanks,
Mrs ST

rivertard
10-19-2005, 03:08 AM
JIM go see a another doctor.NOW... :eek:

GasGuzzler
10-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Almost sounds like a blocked valve, sounds like you need to be scoped out around the heart. Think I would get a second opinion. P.S. got the loader, just have not had time to try it out yet :squiggle:

riverbound
10-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Jim,
If it was me I would NOT wait till Thurs. to see a Dr. If my regular Dr. couldnt se me till then I would walk in to the ER complaining of your symptoms and they will take action quickly.
Sorry to hear about all this but, get it taken care of soon

Konabud
10-19-2005, 06:20 AM
I had similar symtoms to yours (except the pain was across my back) and called the doctor. They told me to GET A RIDE TO THE ER NOW!!! I had one small artery blocked and was back to work in 3 days. Have they done an angiogram yet? I actually waited to call until the next day and they all gave me hell!! Good luck!!
Creg

TRG
10-19-2005, 06:24 AM
Jim, have you ever heard the tern,...SECOND OPINION?
go the the ER you will have better results than if you wait and have the biggie!
think about your daughter!
Todd

superdave013
10-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Jim, don't mess around with this. Go get checked out right away.

blown428fe
10-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Jim - My dad had some testing done on him in the spring because he was feeling like shit , stress test and such. Dr said he is fine ,good to go. Three weeks ago he went to another doctor for a back operation and he looked at the test results from the other Dr and said I see you had a heartatic in the spring. Dad says thats bullshit, the Dr said its in your records. Holyshit my dad is pissed, he cant get back opperation now because he has to take heart meds now. Go see another Dr because some are DUMB MOTHER F---ERS.

tpmarine.com
10-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Jim,
I agree with everyone else, do not wait go get it checked out immediately.

Big Kahunaa
10-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Jim if you can get to vegas and have them check you out bullhead is not known for there medical greatness

mzouman
10-19-2005, 08:13 AM
I have to agree with Riverbound. I am a nuclear medicine technologist (do stress tests to evaluate coronary artery obstruction). And if you are currently having these symptoms I would go to the ER right now!!! if your Dr. won't see you. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't have given you the same advice when you called the office. Best case scenario you go home with a bill for the visit but piece of mind. Worst case you get to go to the cath lab and have a stent placed to fix the problem. Either way it's better than being found dead on the living room floor.

Jordy
10-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Jim, have you ever heard the tern,...SECOND OPINION?
This is his second opinion. He asked the same question in the Sandbar a few hours earlier and everyone told him the same thing there that they are telling him here. Posting in it Hot Spots West could qualify as a 3rd opinion. :idea:
GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR!!! There is something wrong that won't get fixed posting on here. :notam:

Ralph Brunt
10-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Quit Fu(king Around Jim Go Get A 2nd Opinion Ralph

HotDogz
10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Go to the ER!!! My father in law had back pains and exhaustion only and when he got to the DRs they admitted him right away. Clogged artery. Dont wait, back pain can also be a sign of heart issues.

Mighty Thor
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I know exactly what's wrong with him but seein as how this thread is halfway serious(or more) I will refrain from giving my diagnosis and just tell you, Jim you Have to take care of you at this point. You can best decide how by having as much info as possible.

Squirtin Thunder
10-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Thank you everyone !!!
Jim is at the hospital now, we have been there all day. Had to come home to check on our daughter. Not sure at this point if he will be admitted. Will keep everyone posted (LOL) !!!
Mrs ST

Moneypitt
10-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks Donna............Please keep us as informed as your time permits, I'll be back to BHC next week, and tell Jim it's kinda like when your momma said "don't make me come over there!!!"...............Ray

b's sanger
10-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey Jim, hope all is well.

Squirtin Thunder
10-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Jim is now home and resting comfortably. The doctors have finally acknowledged that there is a problem with his heart. They gave him some medication to keep his heart rate down and some nitro if he has any more pain, with instructions to come immediately to the hospital. He also has an appointment on Thursday morning with a cardiologist for a complete workup.
Again thanks to all for their kind words and wishes.
Mrs ST

TRG
10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
There ya go brutha james! "NITROMETHANE" will definitly get that hartrate up!
hope all goes well there pal!
Todd

b's sanger
10-19-2005, 06:01 PM
There ya go brutha james! "NITROMETHANE" will definitly get that hartrate up!
hope all goes well there pal!
Todd
Might have to rename the boat now, hmmmmmmmmmm. :idea:

Nucking futs
10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear all is good right now Jim. Always get a second opinion..thats why they say doctors are PRACTICING medicine..... :D
Tim

mzouman
10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Wish you well Jim. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you about the tests you might have coming up.

b's sanger
10-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Let us know how you're doing Jim.
Brian

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Hay Jim,
I hope everything is ok........get some rest and take good care of your self mister!!!!! Let us know whats up when u have the time.............

Squirtin Thunder
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Jim listen to Bill
GO TO THE ER!!!!
Thank you everyone !!!
Jim is at the hospital now, we have been there all day. Had to come home to check on our daughter. Not sure at this point if he will be admitted. Will keep everyone posted (LOL) !!!
Mrs ST
Jim is now home and resting comfortably. The doctors have finally acknowledged that there is a problem with his heart. They gave him some medication to keep his heart rate down and some nitro if he has any more pain, with instructions to come immediately to the hospital. He also has an appointment on Thursday morning with a cardiologist for a complete workup.
Again thanks to all for their kind words and wishes.
Mrs ST
I did and go back to the Dr. tomarrow !!!